Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

anniehoo wrote: »
    I only started this last night so could someone tell me if pointed my lunch correctly today: it was a baked potato with cheese, small tin tuna + salad. Details on potato box, 500gm box with 2 potatoes...i had one, so 250gm portion.

Typical values per 100gm
    Protein 3.1g
    Carbs 19.7g
    Fat 3.3g
    Fibre 2.2g

Im PP'd this as 7.5 (rounded up to 8) with small tin tuna (2) and coffee with sugar and milk (2) i got a total of 12. i put fat free dressing on it so do i count that?

Satsuma (0)

Breakfast porridge with water and sugar (4).One coffee with sugar and milk (2)

Ive 40 points daily so i still have 22 left for dinner is that right?

Hey! Sounds about right! Enjoy your dins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sweenekm

why is the WW in the UK different to here?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    woohoo ... 2.5LBS down!!!

Excellent, well done:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

sweenekm wrote: »
    why is the WW in the UK different to here?

its not. they dont have 1/2 point values, I'm doing it thru the UK site...

kildareash wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    had a bit of a health scare last night, but as it turns out it will probably be positive for my weight loss!
    I have been feeling bad on and off for a few weeks, I thought it was all digestion related as I had been suffering from constipation.
    However, it all came to a head last night. My boyfriend's parents had cooked me a lovely meal for my birthday. We were just having a cup of tea after the meal when all of a sudden I got this violent pain.
    I'd had similar over the last few weeks, but this was a lot worse, so after an hour I decided to go to the emergency doc on call.
    They think I have gallstones (at 28!:eek::eek:). But there is a history in the family, and I suppose with my weight I was more at risk.
    Have appt with GP tomorrow because I will need to be referred for scan and so on to confirm it.
    have to take four different tablets for pain, incase there's an infection etc
    Fatty foods is one thing that can trigger an attack, so I'll have to be super strict now because I don't want to feel how I felt last night for along time again.

Sorry for long post, feeling a bit sorry for myself today.
    Well done to all this weeks losers, and glad the poor students among us are getting through their exams. At least the weather has changed now, will make it easier to study.

Hope everything goes well for you and good luck with your scans:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Woohoo down 2lbs this week and got my first stone, was out at the weekend aswell and wore a shirt and jeans that haven't fitted in ages.

so all in all a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 velleity

Monife wrote: »
    Woo, down 1.5lb at WI this evening. Delighted as I ate ALL my weeklies and dailies and activity points this week and only exercised 2 days. Tomorrow is a brand new week and I am going to try and be really good so hopefully will see a similar result or better next week.

Of course you can do it Lainy, just plan a bit and you will be fine. Also, the WW muffins in dunnes stores are only 4PP and might be handy for your bag for after your exams or any cereal bar and some fruit.

There are WW muffins? Wow, I probably shouldn't have found that out. I'll have to hunt them down. Are they nice at all?

I have eight points left tonight and something like a muffin would be lovely.

tattoo86, congrats on getting to a stone. That's brill!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Its so annoying that some supermarkets, mainly Super Valu, are still stocking old points product. Only the fresh food stuff seems to be new but all the tinned stuff and hot drinks are all old. Get with the programme! :mad:

I have totally made up my own WW this week as my leader would say. Amnesia has struck at certain stages along the week when i have completely ignored what i have eaten. Also had an accident yesterday where i fainted in my bedroom and my back landed on my step machine and i woke up face down on the floor so have whopper bruises and pains so haven't been able to exercise. So needless to say not expecting miracles this week!

lil kc wrote: »
    I have totally made up my own WW this week as my leader would say. Amnesia has struck at certain stages along the week when i have completely ignored what i have eaten. Also had an accident yesterday where i fainted in my bedroom and my back landed on my step machine and i woke up face down on the floor so have whopper bruises and pains so haven't been able to exercise. So needless to say not expecting miracles this week!

Hope you are okay, take care of yourself and take it easy for a few days:)

• Advertisement

Donegal3 wrote: »
    Hope you are okay, take care of yourself and take it easy for a few days:)

Ah thanks, has never happened to me before I think I stood up too quick and hadn't had my breakfast yet either, learned my lesson anyway! My poor brother got the shock of his life

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

kildareash wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    had a bit of a health scare last night, but as it turns out it will probably be positive for my weight loss!
    I have been feeling bad on and off for a few weeks, I thought it was all digestion related as I had been suffering from constipation.
    However, it all came to a head last night. My boyfriend's parents had cooked me a lovely meal for my birthday. We were just having a cup of tea after the meal when all of a sudden I got this violent pain.
    I'd had similar over the last few weeks, but this was a lot worse, so after an hour I decided to go to the emergency doc on call.
    They think I have gallstones (at 28!:eek::eek:). But there is a history in the family, and I suppose with my weight I was more at risk.
    Have appt with GP tomorrow because I will need to be referred for scan and so on to confirm it.
    have to take four different tablets for pain, incase there's an infection etc
    Fatty foods is one thing that can trigger an attack, so I'll have to be super strict now because I don't want to feel how I felt last night for along time again.

Sorry for long post, feeling a bit sorry for myself today.
    Well done to all this weeks losers, and glad the poor students among us are getting through their exams. At least the weather has changed now, will make it easier to study.

I had gallstones when I was 21/22. Had the pains for about 6 mths beforehand, but the doctor said I was suffering from indigestion. Until one day I was rushed into hospital with pancreatitis & was then diagnosed with gallstones as well. I was in my final year at uni at the time. Had my gall bladder removed - no keyhole surgery in those days! - and have a 10 inch scar to prove it. Having no gall bladder has not affected my diet in any way & I can eat anything I want without any problems.

Good luck with whatever procedure you need & look after yourself.
    fionas046 wrote: »
    Thanks Kashmir, I really think I'll be ok at maintaining once I get there but I've been up and down (only by a lb or so) for over 3 months now. Feeling very tired as I've lost 9st and just want it over. My leader has offered to up my goal by the 3lb but I just think I'd feel like I cheated my way there and mentally i really have to finish the job.

9 stone is a brilliant achievement. Congratulations.
    izzy24 wrote: »
    hey everyone...

had my wi in last night was down 4lbs:eek: :D so happy got my 5th silver seven:D 2 and half stone gone since february wohooo...:D
    Hope everyone elses wi in goes great :)...

Oh i bought Brennans Whippersnapper Bread and its 4pp for TWO slices happy out:D... YUMMY:D

Brilliant result. You are doing so well.

Hope you're OK. Sorry to hear about your fall. Lucky it wasn't any worse than bumps & bruises.

Well done to everyone who lost today. I've been reading some great results. I don't remember if I hit the 'thumbs up' button for you all, but I meant to.

I had a beautiful buffet meal tonight at the Disneyland Hotel. The food was gorgeous & I enjoyed every bite. Did loads of walking today though. I'll start tracking again on Saturday when I'm home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hey everyone,

Just started on WW today. I'm a first timer. Really surprised at how quick the points clock up. I'm a veggie like so most of what I eat should be free but no! I'm 31 points so only 2 over. How many points do people generally count for milk in tea? I'd usually take a mug so I'm counting one point...is that right?

I had a beautiful buffet meal tonight at the Disneyland Hotel. The food was gorgeous & I enjoyed every bite. Did loads of walking today though. I'll start tracking again on Saturday when I'm home.[/QUOTE]

Hope you are all having a great time, you might as well enjoy yourself when you are on your holidays:)

fionas046 wrote: »
    Thanks Kashmir, I really think I'll be ok at maintaining once I get there but I've been up and down (only by a lb or so) for over 3 months now. Feeling very tired as I've lost 9st and just want it over. My leader has offered to up my goal by the 3lb but I just think I'd feel like I cheated my way there and mentally i really have to finish the job.

That's a fantastic achievement:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

hi all

i know its prob in the thread somewhere but i cant find it what i am looking for is the pro points in subway products, meeting a friend for lunch there tomorrow and want to make sure i am pointing properly.Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    would the info not be on the tin?

Woops thought you said Tin of potatoes,

baby potatoes are also known as salad potatoes are 2pp per 100g

Yeah, I always take 5-6 and point as 4pp
    Works for me...love them, lots of pepper. Yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

kashmir wrote: »
    Yeah, I always take 5-6 and point as 4pp
    Works for me...love them, lots of pepper. Yummy.

Thanks girls! Had them with good grind of pepper - were delish! Now have some extra points, thought they'd be at least one each, had about 6 so Im going to point them at 4pp. Heading to bed so no more eating til tomor for me

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

harr wrote: »
    hi all

i know its prob in the thread somewhere but i cant find it what i am looking for is the pro points in subway products, meeting a friend for lunch there tomorrow and want to make sure i am pointing properly.Thanks.
    Hi Harr,
    think Skinnydoll has them up here http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/

Down 2.5lbs tonight chuffed with myself!!! :P
    well done to all, expecially those doing exams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

kandr10 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just started on WW today. I'm a first timer. Really surprised at how quick the points clock up. I'm a veggie like so most of what I eat should be free but no! I'm 31 points so only 2 over. How many points do people generally count for milk in tea? I'd usually take a mug so I'm counting one point...is that right?

Hey welcome! Like yourself I am a veggie and am finding it increasingly difficult to think of new dinners!! I think it is harder when you don't eat meat as a lot of the time your substitute the difference with carbs, which are higher in points! Do you eat lentils etc??

In regards to the tea, do you mean you are pointing each cup of tea one point? The best way is to just point a pint of milk and see how much you use in a day, then track it. I generally add 3/4 pp for coffee at the end of the day, as I only take a tiny dribble of milk and would have about 5 cups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

hi all

i'm sure the ½ rolls are between 6 and 8pp. You have to calc in the filling seperately

hi all

Hi Harr, I usually have just the Ham or turkey with all the free salad and gerkin with a little low fat mayo on toasted hearty Italian (don't matter what bread) and point a 6 pp. That is for 6 inch.

Skinny doll says 7 on blog....oops!

Hey all... I am so demotivated at the moment I don't know what is wrong with me :mad:, the last couple of days I have just not been arsed, and seriously need to cop on. I have tracked solidly for the last 12 weeks, and since yesterday I havent been, and also haven't exercised.

I have a holiday in june and really wanted to be 2 stone down, (I am 13 lbs down at the mo), my mam lives abroad and I wanted to arrive over to her skinny (well skinnier!!), but I am sabatoging myself big time.

Anyway I am so sorry for such a blah post, but needed to put it in 'writing'so to speak.

Well done to all the fantastic losses, and also welcome to all the new people that are coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Its so annoying that some supermarkets, mainly Super Valu, are still stocking old points product. Only the fresh food stuff seems to be new but all the tinned stuff and hot drinks are all old. Get with the programme! :mad:

Yeah it's annoying, but it wouldn't make sense for the supermarket to throw out perfectly good food, just because there's a more up to date label! If you check the WW UK website, all the propoints for all their product range is there, so you can buy any of the products with the old labels and still know exactly how many propoints are in them :)

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all... I am so demotivated at the moment I don't know what is wrong with me :mad:, the last couple of days I have just not been arsed, and seriously need to cop on. I have tracked solidly for the last 12 weeks, and since yesterday I havent been, and also haven't exercised.

I have a holiday in june and really wanted to be 2 stone down, (I am 13 lbs down at the mo), my mam lives abroad and I wanted to arrive over to her skinny (well skinnier!!), but I am sabatoging myself big time.

Anyway I am so sorry for such a blah post, but needed to put it in 'writing'so to speak.

Well done to all the fantastic losses, and also welcome to all the new people that are coming in.

Don't dwell on it. Just go with it, have a little break. You'll be back on track in day or two. Believe me, it's the best thing to do. The more you think about it and analysis it the worse you get, it's like quitting smokes. Sometimes your body just needs time out and your losses will be better for it going forward. Seriously, been there, there now actually, but know I'll get back, enjoy it for the minute.

kashmir wrote: »
    Don't dwell on it. Just go with it, have a little break. You'll be back on track in day or two. Believe me, it's the best thing to do. The more you think about it and analysis it the worse you get, it's like quitting smokes. Sometimes your body just needs time out and your losses will be better for it going forward. Seriously, been there, there now actually, but know I'll get back, enjoy it for the minute.

Thanks Kashmir, I appreciate your reply. I guess I'm just afraid that I'm gonna give up,again. I've done so well,and don't want to undo it all, but can't seem to get the energy to plan my meals etc. It's is totm for me,so maybe that's what's wrong. I had my wi yesterday and was hoping I'd get my first stone, all I needed was to lose a pound,and I bloody stayed same. I think it could be my disappointment and totm combined is making me feel like this.

I've just taken out my tracker and will track what I've eaten, the funny thing is I'm not even over my points, if anything I'm under, which with how my body works,it can be more damaging for my weight loss. Anyway sorry for the long post, needed to vent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI tonight. Don't know how it is going to go. Have a sneaky suspicion that I will be up even though I've worked so hard in the last few weeks :( Really want to be down as have friends arriving next Thursday from Germany for a few days so will most likely be forgetting about WW while they are here!

Also, my day has not started well. Had a lovely lunch planned - mixed salad with a tin of WW Tuna & Sweetcorn. Only problem - I forgot to put the tuna in my bag :(:(:( I've no money with me to get anything in the canteen so all I have with me now is a mixed salad, two diet yogurts and a banana! I'm going to be STARVING by the time I get home :(:( Although, maybe I'll be lighter for WI :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

WI this morning week 2 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Wow so many posts to get through Im on my phone so can't multiquote but...

Well done on the losses everyone some great ones here & I hope to join ye after my WI tomorrow!

Kildareash my god you poor thing you must have been in agony but it's good to get it diagnosed & sorted out ASAP, put yourself & your health first, I'm lactose intolerant & I find ways around getting dairy into my system 'raw dairy' is the worst for me ie cream, milk, butter Yogurt but if it's cooked into food I can eat it( in limited quantities though!) hard cheeses are fine but some of the ones I like ie Brie etc can have me in agony - but everyone is different so don't stress about the dairy end of it yet get treated first & then slowly introduce things back into your diet to see what works, like Fofany you may be grand eating all foods! :) keep us posted & look after yourself!

Fofany sounds like you & the girls are having a great time in Disney! Make the most of it & enjoy your choices you can start back tracking @ the weekend! :)

M'lady don't worry about venting that's what this is for I've had a week of feeling that way since my WI said I was up - it did demotivate me & although I've lost on average 1lb per wk since I started those wks I STS or am up even when I work my ass off get me a bit pi**ed off @ how slow it feels at times. You've done great so far & honestly when you get over that 1st stone gone it will rejig your whole mindset & you'll be raring to go again maybe take a few days off from tracking & just go with eating what you feel like(healthy where possible!) it will free your mindset from the negative way your feeling & if you eat what you want your body won't feel deprived & might give it that kick start it needs!

I know your veggie but do you eat Tofu? I love it & it's packed with protien really low in Propoints & really filling one of my favorite treats is tofu steak from Yamamori it's dipped in tapioca flour fries for a few mins & has a yummy dressing with mango & passionfruit over it it's really fast & I'm sure easy to replicate at home & even if you fried it but served it with loads of free veg & salad even the frying wouldnt up the pp too much - it might make a change from carb loading for you? I was veggie for 15 yrs & it's so easy to make the carb the main focus of your meal I found it really difficult cutting down on carb portions even when I went back to eating fish after that length of time!

All the girls doing exams best of luck & fair play for staying on the WW bandwagon it's so easy to say ah feck it & justify the slab of chocolate for reward after a 3 hr bi**h of an exam!! :) keep at it ladies & you'll see the results of all your effort soon on the scales! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

I always get a sweet onion chicken terikai with cheese and low fat mayo its all works out at 13pp wen cheese and mayo added...:p Yummy...

Subway has its nutritional info on its website so u can pp everything... alot of places have there nutrirional info so you should look it up... Oh Eddie Rickets are in the process of doing out nutritional info for its new menu cant wait:D...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement