Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Caros wrote: »
    Anyone know how many points in quail please?

ww online says its 3pp per 90g raw,

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    ww online says its 3pp per 90g raw,

Thanks a mil Lainy, you're a star!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

yeah i'm 1/2 way thru mine as well...i used to have nails...now i have stubs! LOL...hand to mouth stress reaction....

Yup...my cigarette consumption has at least doubled in the last two weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

after 2 months in WW I am 18 lbs down and back into a size 12 !! just came out dressed for a going away party just in jeans and a vest top with heels and got a "Wow" from my fiancee !!

love you weight watchers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

javagal wrote: »
    after 2 months in WW I am 18 lbs down and back into a size 12 !! just came out dressed for a going away party just in jeans and a vest top with heels and got a "Wow" from my fiancee !!

Well done!lovely to get compliments!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

javagal wrote: »

Well done you!

Got a lovely compliment from a bloke that works in the shop next to the library where I work. He came over and said "Are you hungry?", I looked at him a bit puzzled and he said "You're dropping the weight love." I was delighted :) Its so nice to hear it from people who have no idea you're doing WW too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

i cant go around avoiding every party for the rest of my life! ww is a healthy way of eating for life....its a lifestyle....not a "diet".

This is why for me Pro points is so much better than the old plan....i can go out tonight....and get back on track tomorrow morning as it didnt even happen...where as in the old plan....one night out..and your kinda paying for it all week, trying to scrimp and save points everywhere possible...that was just mental torture...

And for newbies to ww and this thread....this place is just beyond great! You really get out what you put in. No question is too small or stupid...cos there all questions we asked when we started....

A few weeks ago I was in the horrors when I lost my ww calculator...i really didnt know how much i used it until it was gone....well incase they dont want there name put out for all to see.....but one of these amazing people...PMed me and wanted my address so she could send me a new calculator cos she knew i was doing it from home so would end up paying a fortune on Ebay for one....that blew me away....i was speechless!

this place is good, safe, comfortable, we all have different reasons why we want to lose weight...and different reasons why we gained it in the first place... some times we complain.... sometimes we vent.... sometimes we rant...but thats all apart of it....cos well...before alot of us would have prob just gone to the press and take a packet of biscuits....where as now we'll have our rant here....and we might take A biscuit instead of the whole packet!

Sorry i'm just in a very relfective mood today :P thinking about where i was....where i am...where i'm going to be kinda thing

Great post Lainy, so very thru . Just started so please god il do it this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

javagal well done that must be a great feeling, I can not wait to feel the same, I have a dress I hope I can fit in soon!smile.gif

Lady Lainy love your posts so inspirational and you are right ww is a lifestyle change not a diet smile.gif

I went to McDonald's with the kids for a treat, I was good and got the salad, any one have any idea points wise I had the chicken with out the batter or what ever it is lol I'm guessing 7 pp confused.gif but guessing is messing lol

weight.png

2fat wrote: »

weight.png

Say hello and good bye and watch the pounds drop off never to be found again:)

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    Say hello and good bye and watch the pounds drop off never to be found again:)

I hope so :)

I went to McDonald's with the kids for a treat, I was good and got the salad, any one have any idea points wise I had the chicken with out the batter or what ever it is lol I'm guessing 7 pp confused.gif but guessing is messing lol

The Eat Out book points the salads as follows:

Crispy chicken & bacon (no dressing/no crackers) - 9pp
    Crispy chicken (no bacon) - 7pp
    Garden Side salad - 0
    Grilled chicken and bacon - 4pp
    Grilled chicken (no bacon) - 3pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

what happens on your first day of weightwatchers, i am a 6ft man ,21.5 stone

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭filmifan

Hi - I'm planning on meeting some friends in Dublin next week and they all love going to Iskander's for shawarms. I also love shawarmas (especially chicken), and so was just wondering (more like worrying) how many ProPoints there'd be in one shawarma - the whole thing, with the laffa/pitta bread and the chicken.

Can anyone help me figure out the PP for this? Thanks in advance.

When you get to your meeting there'll be a form you need to fill out, probably situated just inside the door. You give your name, address etc and your height. You pay €20 to the person who collects the money and s/he'll sort out a card for you. Then you weigh-in with the class leader. S/he'll tell you starting weight, your daily points allowance, give you an information folder and ask you to hang on for a few minutes at the end of the class where s/he'll go through everything with you.

At the end of the class the leader will speak to you and any other new members about how the plan works. S/he will demonstrate the wheel that calculates the propoints (I'd totally recommend paying the €11 for the electronic calculator though) and s/he'll answer any questions you have.

It's not in any way judgemental and it's really welcoming in my experience. Hope that helps!

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The Eat Out book points the salads as follows:

Crispy chicken & bacon (no dressing/no crackers) - 9pp
    Crispy chicken (no bacon) - 7pp
    Garden Side salad - 0
    Grilled chicken and bacon - 4pp
    Grilled chicken (no bacon) - 3pp

wow my 7 was way off so! it was the grilled chicken I had, think I will have to add points for the dressing though only had a splash! :) thanks so much!
    Hi you sign up, get weighed private between you and the leader no one else will know! you will get your books and better off staying for the meeting and the leader can go through the plan with you so you know exactly what to do!

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Having a good weekend food wise so far :D Stuck to my 29pp yesterday and am not doing too bad today - have BNS chips in the oven at the min! :D Trying to save my weeklies for Thursday as I have friends arriving for the weekend and we will be going out for dinner on Thursday :)

Went to Step last night, unreal - I had sweat coming out of places I didnt know could sweat :eek: It was a good w/o! Then today I went made cleaning the house, even got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the bathroom floor! It's lovely now!

Have the ultimate motivator to keep going now - have booked a weekend to Barcelona with my mam on June 19th :D:D:D Cannot wait! Really hope I can get to goal by then so that I can feel confident in a bikini - especially beside my mam who super trendy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I was having a really good day, until now. Woke up had a healthy fry, went out to do some couch to 5k and jogged 20 minutes :D

OH and I went to do the food shopping, and when we came back he was reversing (my pretty newish car) into the driveway and mistakenly went into the wall :(:( All white scratches on the back bumper, I am devasted, I know that sounds a bit much but I LOVE my car, have always loved my cars almost as if they were like children (Ok I know I probably sound silly to ya's now..) And neither of us have the money to fix it :(:(

Had planned a cinema trip tonight but all I want to do now is reach for the crisps, chocolate and vodka :( Have already eaten my way through half a packet of Dubliner Light Cheese slices :(

filmifan wrote: »
    Hi - I'm planning on meeting some friends in Dublin next week and they all love going to Iskander's for shawarms. I also love shawarmas (especially chicken), and so was just wondering (more like worrying) how many ProPoints there'd be in one shawarma - the whole thing, with the laffa/pitta bread and the chicken.

Can anyone help me figure out the PP for this? Thanks in advance.

Have never heard of it :confused: but have a look at SkinnyDoll's blog, she has PP for takeaways. I had a look and couldn't see what you were looking for but maybe it will give you an idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Monife wrote: »
    I was having a really good day, until now. Woke up had a healthy fry, went out to do some couch to 5k and jogged 20 minutes :D

OH and I went to do the food shopping, and when we came back he was reversing (my pretty newish car) into the driveway and mistakenly went into the wall :(:( All white scratches on the back bumper, I am devasted, I know that sounds a bit much but I LOVE my car, have always loved my cars almost as if they were like children (Ok I know I probably sound silly to ya's now..) And neither of us have the money to fix it :(:(

Had planned a cinema trip tonight but all I want to do now is reach for the crisps, chocolate and vodka :( Have already eaten my way through half a packet of Dubliner Light Cheese slices :(

Ah no, sorry to hear about your car Monife! I think Halfords have a thing that you can get and it will rub out scratches - provided they aren't too deep though! Worth a go maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Monife wrote: »

Poor you - doesnt it make you sick. My hubby says waxing might remove the marks. Hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Back from Disney. No sign of chickenpox on youngest - yet, so we got home OK. Had a look at the scales this morning & I'm up about 3lbs:eek:. Back to tracking from today.

Lainy, have a great time tonight. Life has to go on & it's too short not to have time to enjoy yourself.

Layla, have a great trip to Vegas. I always wanted to go there. Maybe I'll get there some day - probably when the kids have grown up & left home. At the moment, I can't even get a night away!

Caros, great news about the blood sugar levels. We should all think about how losing weight is helping our health, whether we can see it not.

Monife, sorry to hear about the car. Maybe have a few vodka & skip the nibbles - that's what I would do. Hope you can get it fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How many points a day will I be allowed if I am 21.5 stone and how many extra points will I be allowed if I go to the gym 6 days a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

Caros wrote: »
    I'm using my daily points everyday and every single one of my weeklies and have lost both weeks I've had weigh in. I don't use my activity points but to be honest I suppose I wouldn't clock up a whole load of them in the week anyway, walk 4 eves a week.

Well that's good to hear! I think I just can't get my head around the fact that I'm having treats. The scales will tell on Tuesday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

javagal well done that must be a great feeling, I can not wait to feel the same, I have a dress I hope I can fit in soon!smile.gif

Lady Lainy love your posts so inspirational and you are right ww is a lifestyle change not a diet smile.gif

I find the best meal in Mcdonalds is the grilled chicken mayo wrap 9pp with side salad (no dressing) and a diet coke or water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I've logged in to confess that I have well and truely fallen off the wagon. Was told on Wed that i'm going to the uk on monday morn working there til Fri and since then I haven't stopped eating & I think it's because I know I won't make my wi this tuesday, how stupid is that though. Can't believe what I'm doing, i could cry with guilt as I had been doing so well. I'm at my goal weight but WHY am I sabbotaging myself.

Soooooo sorry for the rant but could scream at myself for being such a fool :mad::mad: and now I know I won't have much control over my eating until next Friday. HELP ME

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys,

2 non-WW-related questions:

1. I know there is a good number of parents on here so some one might be able to help me with this. where could I get a set of staedtler colour pencils, the ones in a tin box in cork/munster. My neighbour, when I was small had a 50pce set in a nice red/white tin with a landscape on the front. I want to surprise my wife for her birthday, she loves colouring in our 14month olds colouring books. As part of her pressie I want to get her a set and her own;) colouring books.
    2. Has anyone availed from the cycle to work scheme? My company just advised us they signed up for it, however the literature we were provided reads as if the amounts they'll cover for the bike/gear are round numbers(i.e 100,200,300,...,900,1000). I'm just wondering is this correct? if the whole lot comes to eg €534, do I request the cheque/voucher for €500 and put €34 cash with it or for the full €534
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Very disappointed in myself, today was at a 2 years old party and couldn stop picking den wen i got home I ate more:(... God im so annoyed with myself:mad:... Reckon iv used my dailies and weeklies, Uh why do i do this to myself...

Ok the damage is done nothing i can do about it now... WI is Tuesday so still have a few days to try an fix the damage i done... Going to be on my best behaviour :)... Hope everyones weekend is going ok:)...

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Guys,

2 non-WW-related questions:

1. I know there is a good number of parents on here so some one might be able to help me with this. where could I get a set of staedtler colour pencils, the ones in a tin box in cork/munster. My neighbour, when I was small had a 50pce set in a nice red/white tin with a landscape on the front. I want to surprise my wife for her birthday, she loves colouring in our 14month olds colouring books. As part of her pressie I want to get her a set and her own;) colouring books.
    Thanks

Have you looked at Corkartsupplies.com, they don't have them in the tin you describe but they have some fab sets. Otherwise maybe Easons?

• Advertisement

Have re-found my absolute love for salted cashew nuts. Killer on points!! 7PP for 40g :( Let's hope I can stick to 40g... One thing I notice is I am savouring each one for ages where before I would have just shoved and handful in my mouth, and then a minute later, another handful!!

Aswell, was at the cinema tonight with the OH, and got a medium popcorn (around 12PP as per SkinnyDolls blog) and it last the WHOLE movie and I didn't even eat it all. That has never happened before, again, usually plowing it into me, but I was savouring it and taking breaks without realising. Yay my stomach has shrunk :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement