Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

hey there! just started ww in april09, almost at my goal :) tis quite cool methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

112togo wrote: »
    well i was down three pounds tonight, am delighted. back on track, had a good week and it paid off thankfully.
    4 stone 8 gone, 3 stone 6 to go.

112togo,

Thats amazing. I have about the same to lose and am only starting out. I lost 7 stone before but put it all back plus more over the years. This time I feel I can really get to goal and keep there.

Keep up the good work and Shelly all I can say is WOW!!!

I have my weigh in tonight, Not really hoping for anything great, It took me unti tue to get back on track after those lads slagged me. Not going to let it get me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope your all having a good week and getting good results at WI.:D

I was down 1 lb this week am happy enough as I didnt really have a very good week food or exercise wise.

I feel like im stuck in a rut at the moment tbh been staying the same or up and down 1lb for the last few weeks. I got to this same weight the last time a jacked it in but im determined to keep going this time and get to goal. I feel like im eating all the same stuff over and over again and its getting quite boring now so if there are any suggestions out there they would be really appreciated:D:D

Anyway best of luck to all with WI still to come,congrats on all the losses and chin up to those who didnt get what they wanted its a new week so keep it up:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Wow everyone seems to be doing brilliantly this week, well done to you all :D

I'm a bit of a disaster at the moment. Was in Amsterdam last weekend and I didn't even think of my points :o Then it was my birthday on Monday so my mam brought me out for lunch and then my bf brought me out for dinner. The last time I ate a home-cooked meal was last Wednesday!! I feel so horrible. I'm also going out for dinner with the girls tonight as a late birthday celebration! Major detox after tonight, I don't want to see another glass of wine for a few weeks!

I didn't go to my WI on Tuesday after my bad weekend but I'll probably be even worse next Tuesday, I'm in that frame of mind that I've started the week badly so I might as well continue :o:o I missed aquafit on Monday because of bday and missed it last night too because had tickets to see Harry Potter....where I had BUTTER popcorn, FULL FAT coke, maltesers AND a scoop of ben & jerrys (although I did try and redeem myself a tiny bit by going for the frozen yoghurt :D:D:D)

I feel like such a pig, but am having a very quiet weekend so from tomorrow I'm back on the wagon! :)

hi all hope your all having a good week and getting good results at WI.:D

I was down 1 lb this week am happy enough as I didnt really have a very good week food or exercise wise.

I feel like im stuck in a rut at the moment tbh been staying the same or up and down 1lb for the last few weeks. I got to this same weight the last time a jacked it in but im determined to keep going this time and get to goal. I feel like im eating all the same stuff over and over again and its getting quite boring now so if there are any suggestions out there they would be really appreciated:D:D

Anyway best of luck to all with WI still to come,congrats on all the losses and chin up to those who didnt get what they wanted its a new week so keep it up:D:D:D

Hey! Well done on your 1lb loss. Have you been going to aquafit this week? You can see from my post above that I've been bold and missed it :o

I know how you feel about being stuck in a rut, I've gone through that so many times. Maybe you should try and change what you're eating a bit? And maybe vary your exercise routine slightly? For some good recipe ideas, check the WW Ireland website, or just google Weight Watchers Recipes. I've found dozens of easy, low fat recipes on the web, which I love. A lot of them are from American sites so are pointed differently so you'll have to point them yourself, but you'll get some great ideas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 frugby

Has anyone any tips on making the Spag Bol recipe that comes in the Fast Start section a bit tastier? It's a little bland.

frugby wrote: »
    Has anyone any tips on making the Spag Bol recipe that comes in the Fast Start section a bit tastier? It's a little bland.

I don't know what's in the recipe but why not add some worcester sauce or a few drops of tobasco? I make spag bol with turkey mince because it's much lower in points...I'm not overly crazy about the taste of it so I always add a good bit of worcester and tobasco and it's yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hey all,

Hope your week is going well. I'm just back from a day of pampering :) Got my hair done (it was long overdue) and treated myself to some new things out shopping. Also went and bought a load of count on us stuff in M&S. Their stuff is always so tasty and it's great now that they have the points on everything.

Got home and my neighbour was out doing his garden and we were chatting and he said "You look like you've lost a load of weight, you must be working out". I was thrilled skinny :p It's so not like him to notice things like that.

Have a lovely day planned next Friday. Me, my sisters and my mam are going to a cover shoot session for my Mam's birthday. They do your hair and makeup and then take professional photos of you. 2 months ago I was dreading it but now that I'm that bit lighter I'm really looking forward to it :D

Off to have my count on us ham and mushroom pizza now - yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

112togo,

Thats amazing. I have about the same to lose and am only starting out. I lost 7 stone before but put it all back plus more over the years. This time I feel I can really get to goal and keep there.quote]

thanks caroline,
    it really is great, i dont know myself now.

ive dropped 4 dress sizes and i can shop in normal shops now, not just the likes of evans.

i have way more energy, and loads of confidence.

youve done it before so you know it can be done!

good luck.

all we have to lose is weight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Post up the recipe as it is, and I'll suggest some 0 points changes to improve it.

• Advertisement

Hey! Well done on your 1lb loss. Have you been going to aquafit this week? You can see from my post above that I've been bold and missed it :o

I know how you feel about being stuck in a rut, I've gone through that so many times. Maybe you should try and change what you're eating a bit? And maybe vary your exercise routine slightly? For some good recipe ideas, check the WW Ireland website, or just google Weight Watchers Recipes. I've found dozens of easy, low fat recipes on the web, which I love. A lot of them are from American sites so are pointed differently so you'll have to point them yourself, but you'll get some great ideas!

hey thanks for the ideas will give it a try.!!!!

I went to aquafit on monday but like you missed last night and went to see harry potter too!!!(wasnt great either should have gone to aquafit instead!!!!) I had a terrible day yesterday too went to tgi's for dinner and then had aero bubble chocolate at the cinema:o:rolleyes:. Im trying now to get back on track today and have been good ll day so hopefully ill stick it out the week!!!

I wouldnt worry too much bout your WI next week you enjoyed your birthday by the sounds of it and we are allowed a little treat now and then:D:D

I don't know what's in the recipe but why not add some worcester sauce or a few drops of tobasco? I make spag bol with turkey mince because it's much lower in points...I'm not overly crazy about the taste of it so I always add a good bit of worcester and tobasco and it's yummy!

+1 on the worcester sauce and turkey mince yum:D I lash in the mushrooms and red peppers to bulk it up too.

Post up the recipe as it is, and I'll suggest some 0 points changes to improve it.

Lean Mince
    Onion
    Garlic Cloves
    Dried Italian Herbs
    Tomatoes Puree
    Chopped Tomatoes
    Mushrooms

I dropped the beef/veg stock, celery & carrot from the recipe. Probably not much room for zero point replacement

I'd normally like the spicy bol sauce, so was thinking maybe chilli flakes/powder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Hi all,

Well done to the losers and keep going everyone who didnt make it this week...

I am just back from WI and am trilled, down 3.5lb. Much better than I could have hoped for. My leader was great, I told her about what happen at the weekend and had a chat about it so I feel it is now behind me...

i love cooking so going to cook lots over the next week, Really looking forward to it.

Ok. I would pop the tinned tomatoes in the blender for a few seconds. This makes for a richer sauce in my opinion.

Then, fry up the mince and drain it of all fat. Lower the heat and add your garlic, mushrooms and onions and saute until soft. At this point you could add a fresh chopped chilli or two. Add all of your remaining ingredients, along with plenty of salt and black pepper, a teaspoon of paprika and a teaspoon of sugar (0.5 points, but worth it). If you don't have fresh chillis, add a teaspoon of chilli powder. If you have them, add a splash of Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce.

Then, allow it to simmer on a low heat for at least 40 mins. This will make the water in the tomatoes reduce and the sauce will thicken and become richer. Hope this helps.

Thanks NP, will give it a go. Are you sure on adding the salt & sugar? I've got some tasty fresh chilli's as well. I'll have to get some worcestershire sauce - don't think I've ever had that!

Shopping soon, so going over recepie's and seeing what's needed, think I'm more excited about cooking/baking than eating stuff!

Thanks NP, will give it a go. Are you sure on adding the salt & sugar? I've got some tasty fresh chilli's as well. I'll have to get some worcestershire sauce - don't think I've ever had that!

Shopping soon, so going over recepie's and seeing what's needed, think I'm more excited about cooking/baking than eating stuff!

Yes, I'm certain. Salt and sugar make a huge difference to tomato based sauces, and a bit of salt added to your dinner is not a problem. It's the hidden salts in processed foods that we all need to keep an eye on.

Glad you're excited and motivated! Best of luck to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Well was down 0.5lb this week, wasn trilled but lost 4lb last week so i think it might just even out :) least its not up one way to look at it!

112togo and Carolinesprings u both are doin really well congrats on ur loss so far.

Shellybelly my lil sis ur doin fab I wish i had as much will power :) Im so proud of ya n ur gonna be the one havin d last laugh!! We need to gym it more often though.

CONGRATS to all the losers this week and gud luck to those who still have WI!!

Has any1 here tried spinning classes for exercise?? If so hows it going?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Ok. I would pop the tinned tomatoes in the blender for a few seconds. This makes for a richer sauce in my opinion.

Then, fry up the mince and drain it of all fat. Lower the heat and add your garlic, mushrooms and onions and saute until soft. At this point you could add a fresh chopped chilli or two. Add all of your remaining ingredients, along with plenty of salt and black pepper, a teaspoon of paprika and a teaspoon of sugar (0.5 points, but worth it). If you don't have fresh chillis, add a teaspoon of chilli powder. If you have them, add a splash of Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce.

Then, allow it to simmer on a low heat for at least 40 mins. This will make the water in the tomatoes reduce and the sauce will thicken and become richer. Hope this helps.

Very similar to how I make mine. However I also add a dash of Balsamic vinegar, loads of Italian herbs, (Basil, Tarragon, Majoram, Rosemary) and use a small tin of Tomato Puree to add thickness. It's yummy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lean Mince
    Onion
    Garlic Cloves
    Dried Italian Herbs
    Tomatoes Puree
    Chopped Tomatoes
    Mushrooms
    You could change to lean turkey mince, it is not that noticeabley different, but lower in fat/cals/points than even very lean mince, also usually cheaper.

Also cheaper and leaner than most lean mince is simply making your own. You can get cheap "fry steaks" or thinly cut steaks with very little fat. Or just get a big round steak or rib steak and trim the fat off, then get a scissors or butchers knife and chop it into tiny bits. I prefer having bigger chunks of meat in spag bol or chili. I also like to properly see the meat that went in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hi guys. Day 3 of counting points and Im already after pigging out. Day 1 and 2 went great. Then this morning I felt like crap emotionally and knew it would be a struggle to get through the day without over-eating. I made it until lunch time where I had a big white roll, a bag of tayto's and 2 buns! Im sooo annoyed with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GingerG

Bally8 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Day 3 of counting points and Im already after pigging out. Day 1 and 2 went great. Then this morning I felt like crap emotionally and knew it would be a struggle to get through the day without over-eating. I made it until lunch time where I had a big white roll, a bag of tayto's and 2 buns! Im sooo annoyed with myself!

Don't be annoyed Bally8. Just start again (immediately) and think of how if this happened again you could make wiser choices (while still satisfying yourself). I would swap the roll for a wrap, the tayto for velvet crunch and the 2 buns for 2 mini ww cakes. You still get the feeling of pigging out without as much of the damage. Maybe go for a bit of a walk to help too. Stick with it - as my leader says 'If you nearly stick to it, it nearly works; but if you really stick to it, it REALLY works' Keep the faith. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Thanks GinergG you're right, there is no point giving up completely over one slip up. Ok so- Im going to keep sticking to it. The old me would eat rubbish for the day and think about starting tomorrow then say well tomorrow is saturday so I'll wait till Monday. BUT not now, I'm going to try earn the points this evening to cover what I ate. Thanks a mill for the support:)

I've had a dodgy 2 days. Yesterday was going great but got really sick yesterday evening so only managed to have 15 points yesterday. As a result have been having a really hungry day and have had 23.5 points (my allowance is 21). Was supposed to be saving points as I've a big family do tomorrow that's going to be a total foodfest. Have done some exercise and will do more during the week so will hopefully manage to balance it all out over the week.

Must not eat any more this evening :p

If only I'd left it at 23.5 points on Friday!! Ended up having 30.5 points :eek:

Yesterday I planned as well as I could for the family event last night. Had my dinner before I left so that I wouldn't be tempted to pick. I was really pleased with how my attitude to the whole thing changed. Family events like last nights are always full of food (and there are inevitably about 10 different kinds of dessert). It's always been a situation where I say Feck it and end up eating all around me. But last night I enjoyed myself without making a pig of myself. I kept some points so that I had could have some dessert and stopped at one small helping. It went on until 3 this morning so before I had to drive home I had a ham sandwich that took me over my points for the day but when I think about how I usually would have eaten at these type of events I'm really happy with myself.

Back to the gym today. Have had no exercise the last couple of days and that hasn't helped. I always find that when I exercise I eat much better as I don't want to ruin all the good work.

I only have 1lb to lose to get to my 10% goal and would really love to get that this week so need to get my a*se back in gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Hey all used to be a regular poster in here then between one thing and another i stopped going anyway have dug the books out and am starting again tomorrow so here goes, well done to everyone who lost this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I am down 31lbs now... It has taken me 7 months.

I feel great. Finding it really easy going, but this weekend has been bad!! Will have to be strict on myself for the next few days!!

Courgette is lovely in spag bol It has a meaty texture, it is 0 points and it is great for bulking up the meal, also add in oregano and basil the sugar works as well as lots of garlic and a dash of worchestershire sauce...

Nyom!

Courgette's you say, must give that a whirl as well.

Have ordered one of the recipe books and have made a few of the booklet one's as well.

Need to invest in some scales for measuring out ingredients, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Courgette's you say, must give that a whirl as well.

Have ordered one of the recipe books and have made a few of the booklet one's as well.

Need to invest in some scales for measuring out ingredients, any recommendations?

Tescos sell a digital weighing scales for 17.99. i have it, it has oz and grams function its good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Ok peoples so its sunday... an iv been bold all weekend..!!

I had good day thurs...n fri but den drinkies and munchies friday nite..Led to the biggest pig out ever sat and more drink!! Now it's sunday and i havin even pointed today!! I was in gym friday thats bout it...:(

So iv serious cutting back from now until WI on Weds...!Hopefully the damage wont be too bad..Back in the gym tamo too!!

Hope you all had a good weekend!! xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement