Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

frugby wrote: »
    Courgette's you say, must give that a whirl as well.

Have ordered one of the recipe books and have made a few of the booklet one's as well.

Need to invest in some scales for measuring out ingredients, any recommendations?

I got my digital scales in Heatons for less than 10e. Im thinking it was 5 or 6e but it was defo less than 10e:rolleyes: it has grams and oz on it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

After my blip of the last couple of days, today I've gotten back on track.

Had 18.5 points today (so saved 2.5) and earned 4.5 exercise points so between that and Thursday I've earned back all the points I blew over the weekend.

All gung ho now for the next 3 days for Wednesday's weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

frugby wrote: »
    Need to invest in some scales for measuring out ingredients, any recommendations?
    Salter are a good brand
    €13.49 for this one
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8422996/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

Ok, this is my millioneth time to start WW again but it HAS to be done! Im off on a sun holiday for 2 weeks at the end of August and I have put on 4lbs which needs to come off, plus a few extra. Really have to kick my butt into gear!!! Words of inspiration are welcoming!!!!

Breakfast was - Cereal 2 points and a plum - 0.5 points
    Lunch- Wholemeal bread (2) ham (1) coleslaw (0.5) tomato (0.5)
    Snack - banana (1)

7.5 so far.

I HAVE TO STICK TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Saucey-Susie, there are no points in tomatoes!

My weekend of damage limitation didn't go too well :o I'm dreading my WI tomorrow! Going to be up at least a couple of pounds :(:( Back on track from today though. Have my lunch in with me and have aquafit tonight so I'm starting the week as I mean to go on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hey Everyone

Went back for WI after holidays and I was up a half pound not too bad considering i was eating like a maniac! had a birthday party in Waterford at the weekend so ate and drank loads! im back on track now :)
    im gonna walk every night and try get my silver 7 this week! my friend who i am bridesmaid for has jjoined my class so we will be able to motivate each other!

How is everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Hi all,

I ate like a pig all weekend. Started of well but went down hill very fast.
    Ended up at McDonalds on saturday and as we were staying with a friend that night had wine and take away:mad::mad::mad:

Yesterday started with scone with full fat butter and ended badly. I would think about a million point over. stopped counting after the McD's.

Back on track today and going to aqua fit tonight..

oh yeah, i forgot they are veg! happy days! thats only 7/18 points so far. Am meeting a friend after work for dinner so I need to save as many points for that as possible!!!
    Had a nice 45 min walk during lunch too and I have a 30-40 min walk to meet myf riend after work also--good to get some exercise

re macdonalds, whenever i go there, i always get a happy meal! its strange but after eating a hamburger, small fries and a diet coke (8) i feel like i have had enough and i ate soemthing bold but still have enough points left for other stuff during the day. if i ordered a large meal, i could eat that too, so i always get a happy meal

Also, to help me start today with a good start, at lunch time I went to Warehouse to try on dresses to see how close i am for a size 10 to fit me perfectly and to see how a few lbs off would make me look so much better

Am on the right track!
    WE CAN DO IT! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I didn't have a great week, met friends for dinner on Wednesday, hosted a dinner party on Friday, I did keep the food pretty low, but the wine went down very easily, then Saturday had inlaws for lunch and 2 slices of pizza for tea, and Sunday down with mum and that wasn't the best. Feeling a bit down today and fed up with dieting, or trying to at least. I can feel a binge coming on. New puppy starts to be ok for walking from Friday evening which will at the very least mean 2 walks a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ali baba

Hi everyone. I am back after a very long absense and a very big weight gain!!, Have Decided to start tracking again , will go back to weight watchers when I have lost a bit myself. I weighted in this Morning and I am disgusted at myself.... 15stone 2 and a quarter pounds.:mad: I have given myself 23 points per day, correct for my height and weight.
    Todays menu:
    Breakfast- porridge made with water and l.f. milk and sweetner- 2 points
    Snack - Special K Bar - 1.5 points
    Lunch - Bagel with ham cheese and relish - 7.5 points
    Low fat mousse - 1 point
    Dinner- Grilled chicken fillet, wholemeal pasta and sauce 7 points
    That leaves 4 points for anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

The attitude of self-disgust won't get you anywhere folks. So you over-ate. Ok. What were the factors that led to you over-eating and what can you do differently next time?

Today is a new day.

It's my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary in a few weeks and today I popped into Kildare Village to try on dresses. Was delighted when I fit into size 14 in Coast. Tried loads on and took some pictures so that I can get some advice from friends and family.

It was just the boost I needed to keep my motivation up for the week.

Neuro-praxis is so right. Being disgusted with ourselves for going over our points or putting on weight is only going to lead to a blow out. Nobody's perfect and if we didn't make a few mistakes along the way there would be something seriously wrong with us.

Onwards and upwards :)

Hi all!! hope your all having a better week than ive had. feeling really rubbish after this week hardly pointed at all and seem to have just gotten into rut im struggling to get out of:o:( went to aquafit this evening in an attempt to do some kind of damage control.dreading WI tomorrow but will draw line under it and start a new week from there regardless and hopefully ill get myself back on track next week:rolleyes:

Good luck to all this week:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Well here I go again!!!!! 5 weeks missing from WW and 5.5 pounds up!!!! :eek: Have had a really bad couple of weeks at work but underneath it all know i only have myself to blame so am not going to let work make me fat!!!!!!! (feel a "Scarlett O'Hara talking Tara" moment coming on!!!)

So here we go again!!!!

My ticker is looking very sad :(

Best of luck every body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

I feel I Don't really have to post what I have been doin the last couple of weeks as its mirrored in bits n Pieces by everyone here. The only plus being have not binged, which is a very big step forward for me, when I reach that point now I try and take a step back and do something to remind me how well I'm doin and how I deserve this. If it dosen't work, I have a little of what I want, nothing close to what I would downed b4.
    Have dropped 4lbs over last 2 weeks, got one more wi b4 hols if I get 2lbs this week will have hit my mini goal........... Yipeeee

Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hi all,

Had my WI last night and I was down -1.5lbs, was thrilled!
    Unfortunately, went for dinner with a friend and prob put on the 1.5lbs again! :mad:

Anyway, Tracking again today and I'm determined to lose 2lbs next week and reach my stone loss! Thats my goal anyway!

However, I did hit the 11 stone last night so was very happy with that so any loss next week will bring me into the 10stone bracket and its been a long time since the scales said 10 stone to me!!!!!

Best of luck to everyone this week!!!!

weight.png

well yesterday didnt end as badly as it could have, even tho i completely went over my points limit, it could have been a lot worse!! hehehe :) I had an icepop after work cos i was sweating and then dinner was some roast chicken, big side salad which i ate all of and 2 spoonfuls of mash. there was lots of gravy on the plate but i didnt put much ont he chicken or the potatos so it was good and then i had a small chocolate bar for dessert - 2.5. I had 10 in total yesterday for the evening so im guessing i went over by about 4. oopsie!!!

Today i had my cereal again - 2
    an apple and banana - 2
    lunch is wholegrain bread with ham and a tiny bit of coleslaw (3) and i have a plum there sitting looking at me (0.5)
    I may have a packet of crisps later too to go with my sambo cos at 4pm yesterday i was starving!! need to make a veggie soup!

hi all hope all your WI are successful ones his week.

I was dreading mine this morning was sure i was gonna be up but was delighted to see i lost 3lbs AND got my 10% goal too:D:D:D:D. I was totally shocked as i hadnt tracked all week and went out for dinner twice!!

i finally hit 12st even and i am now more determined than ever to reach my final goal!!!

anyway best of luck to all this week:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 feeor

Hi guys,

I new to the boards and I'd thought I'd join you for some motivation. I've lost 49 pounds with ww so far and have about 4 left to go. Really struggling with the last few pounds. Feel like I'm doing everything I can at the mo but getting disheartened as I've stayed the same the last few weeks.

hi all hope all your WI are successful ones his week.

I was dreading mine this morning was sure i was gonna be up but was delighted to see i lost 3lbs AND got my 10% goal too:D:D:D:D. I was totally shocked as i hadnt tracked all week and went out for dinner twice!!

i finally hit 12st even and i am now more determined than ever to reach my final goal!!!

anyway best of luck to all this week:D

Hey, that's brilliant, well done!! It's always better too when you don't expect it :D

I didn't make it to aquafit last night...I got there and realised I'd forgotten my towel!!! I nearly cried! I'd had a really bad day in work and had been wrecked but made myself stay back and study so I'd go to aquafit :(:(:(

Have my WI tonight, quite dreading it! I predict that I've gone up at least 2lbs in 2 weeks. Ah well, I've nothing much planned over next while, have exams coming up so won't be going out much so I've no excuses not to be following my plan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

feeor wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I new to the boards and I'd thought I'd join you for some motivation. I've lost 49 pounds with ww so far and have about 4 left to go. Really struggling with the last few pounds. Feel like I'm doing everything I can at the mo but getting disheartened as I've stayed the same the last few weeks.

Hi Feeor and welcome. You will find great support here and lots of tips.
    Congrats on the weight loss and you will shift the last 4lb in no time. Keep going....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itsmytime

Well following on from joining WW 2 weeks ago I am feeling nervous about WI tomorrow. I missed last week WI due to work so hence the nerves about tomorrow.

First WI 14st exactly. So I am hoping for a loss tomorrow but had a few things that may have effected this. Had a wedding. Bruce Sprinsteen gig and a 21st in the last 2 weeks. For me it's not the food that I go overboard with, but the Booze :( Although I found on my last night out I was so mch more concious of what I was drinking, and had water in between my Vodka & diet cokes. But still, I don't think I have made very much progress in the last 2 weeks :(
    So before WI tomorrow and the possible gain, On Sunday I decided to be more prepared. So plenty of soups were made, fresh veg purchased!!

I have been finding it so easy the last few days. Just completely full after each meal...no cravings for choc(I think this is down to drinking water throughout the day).

So no matter what happens in my WI tomorrow, I am on the right track for loss the next week. It would have been sooo easy to continue on that bad road:o

Well done to all on their recent losses...Each and every one of you are an inspiration to those trying to make a positive change;)

I am so happy today. The Christmas before last my sister bought me a pair of jeans in New York. They never went anywhere near me (30inch waist - what was she thinking :eek:). I tried them when I got them and they got as far as my thighs. Not a hope of them going any further. They hang on the outside of my wardrobe as motivation and today I decided to try them on to see if I could notice a difference. I couldn't believe it when they went all the way up and with some serious effort I managed to get them closed on me. They're completely beat onto me but I reckon in another half a stone they'll fit nicely.

So, so, happy today and completely motivated by it. Weigh in tomorrow. Hoping to hit my 10% goal so off for a long walk with the dogs in a little while.

Well done to everyone who has lost so far this week and best of luck to everyone else.

congrats journey i know that feeling when you try on something you havent worn in ages and it fits better!!!

i have a pair of jeans in my wardrobe that were a bit too tight when i joined ww so im using them as my motivation. i am still a bit too nervous to try them on yet so ill give it another few weeks. and see what happens.;):eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Hi Everyone

Just back from my WI and Im down 3.5lbs yipeeeeeee

Was up 4.5lbs las week so tried really hard this week and it worked!!

Drank lots of water and did excerise.

weight.png

Well done JOJOC. That's brilliant. You must be over the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SoSapphire

Joined WW 6 weeks ago and had lost 6.5lb slow but at least it was going the right direction until last night up 3lb... couldn't believe it... was off work last week and out of my usual routine but tracked every day and walked 4 times...gutted! was aiming to be a stone down by my birthday early Sept...will I ever see a silver 7 never mind a stone!!!! Help! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

congrats journey i know that feeling when you try on something you havent worn in ages and it fits better!!!

i have a pair of jeans in my wardrobe that were a bit too tight when i joined ww so im using them as my motivation. i am still a bit too nervous to try them on yet so ill give it another few weeks. and see what happens.;):eek:

I bought lovely tight size 12 jeans after I lost 1.5 stone with ww last summer and they literally only fitted me for about a month before I flew back up to a size 14 (and a half...). Started ww again this summer after regaining a stone in total. Tried them on a few minutes ago and aside from a bit of a muffin top they're on and they're closed. By the end of the summer I want extra breathing room in them! It really is great motivation.
    Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Hi all, I often read your posts and it had inspired me to return to WW!

Here's my background (if you're interested!:rolleyes:). I joined WW last September after a close friend of mine lost over 5 stone doing it. I didn't think I was really big joining but got weighed and I was 12st 8.5lbs, I was shocked (i'm 5ft 9). I lost 7 pounds in the first week and then over the next few months I lost just under 2 stone altogether. I was delighted with myself. I was wearing size 10 in everything and I was loving the compliments although some thought I was too thin. Then in February, my football training started and it was on at the same time as WW so I thought I could do it on my own. Also another reason I left was because my target weight was nearly another 2 stone away and my mam was worried about me and she was paying for it so she thought it was a bit of a scam because I hadn't a pick on me. I knew myself that was completely unrealistic!

But I managed to keep the weight off mostly for the next few months. I am a gym freak, I go every day as well as playing football and I try to eat relatively healthy in work. I was having the odd takeaway too. I went on holidays a month ago and was pretty happy with my body but ate everything around me (pizza for breakfast, deep fried mozzarella, serious amounts of alcohol etc. ) and then when I got back, instead of going on a detox, I kept eating, and then there was oxegen.... I found my clothes getting really tight and the past few nights I was heading out I couldnt wear any of my dresses (I had bought all bodycon dresses over the last few months) because if I managed to get them on all I could see was my belly. It was really depressing me. Worst thing is I ordered a few dresses off Rare in a 10 and they haven't arrived yet but I'm dreading trying them on.

So on Monday I returned to WW. My leader is so so so nice and she was delighted to see me back. I was up 10.5 pounds to 11st 8.5lbs. :( Disgusted with myself! Especially because I feel I only put it on in the last few weeks. The meeting was great though and now I'm more determined than ever to lose the 10.5 pounds. I don't want to lose much more but a stone would be a great achievment. Especially if I did it before my 21st (29th of August) but I know that is a bit much to lose each week.

Anyway thanks for reading and I hope to keep updated with all of you, its such an inspiration to read all your stories, especially if I'm having a bad week! :D

• Advertisement

Well, pretty much as I expected, was up 2.5lbs last night :o Ah well, onwards and downwards! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement