Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey everyone

just back to posting i've missed the thread alot had a ball in scotland & i will be going back in just over 3 weeks. delighted my mam is settling in. well safe to say WW was a challenge over there but i'm still maintaing my weight which i'm very happy about! hopefully i'll be able to afford to go back to my meetings soon :)

i have to pick up on something neuro praxis has said on the thread cause i'm seeing it alot of late! we need to stick together as a resource & stay postive, god we all need to rant & rave here but please don't be so hard on yourselves.
    The attitude of self-disgust won't get you anywhere folks. So you over-ate. Ok. What were the factors that led to you over-eating and what can you do differently next time?

Today is a new day.

if anyone wants to be successful in WW you have to get your head right first!! all feelings of guilt, disgust, hate basically all the negatives will get you no where i mean no where! life will happen & you will sometimes gain half a stone or more but only you can change this as neuro praxis said in the above post you need to say "right why did i do x today & what can i change to try let that not happen again?"

please do not kill yourself emotionally with feelings of hate & self disgust or loathing. YOU need to love YOU! i know it seems all very airy fairy but for those of you who would question it go & read over the successful wwer's posts they all have a similar positive attitude to their weight loss journey!

aplogies for the rant & rave :o but i think if we've less of this & more positive attitude to the journey everyone will benefit so much more :) xx

BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSSES OR GAINS IF THAT HAPPENS WE'LL HELP EACHOTHER THROUGH IT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 amy-marie

There was a link floating around here a while ago, it was to a blog-type site (possibly with a blue background) that had points for all sorts, from easter eggs to take-aways. There was even a page that had a picture of what a pound actually looks like. I bookmarked it, but my bookmark folder is an absolute mess and now I can't find it. Does anyone happen to have the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all just been reading through some of the recent posts and i have to agree with ladiee 24 you have to have your head in the right place in order to get your body in the right place.

My head has not been in the right place the last few weeks and ive been stalling and going up and down a lb here and there but i made a decision this week that regardless of what happened at my WI on tuesday that i would draw a line under the last few weeks and move on. now i dont know how but i managed a good WI and i guess that gave me a bit of an extra boost but my head is back on track now and im rearing to go and get to my goal. we can all get to our goals so as ladiee24 says less negative more positive and we will get there in no time:D:D:D

siobhanoh- you have done it before so you can defo do it again no bother to ya:D

ibarelycare- dunno if its makes a difference to ya but to let ya know if your going to class tonight we were told on monday that she will be taking both classes for the next two weeks as the wednesday instructor is on hols!!it was hard going on monday so i hope its the same tonight:eek:anyway see a if your there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

amy-marie wrote: »
    There was a link floating around here a while ago, it was to a blog-type site (possibly with a blue background) that had points for all sorts, from easter eggs to take-aways. There was even a page that had a picture of what a pound actually looks like. I bookmarked it, but my bookmark folder is an absolute mess and now I can't find it. Does anyone happen to have the link?

http://www.freewebs.com/noreenblackett/index.htm

There ya go, it's great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ibarelycare- dunno if its makes a difference to ya but to let ya know if your going to class tonight we were told on monday that she will be taking both classes for the next two weeks as the wednesday instructor is on hols!!it was hard going on monday so i hope its the same tonight:eek:anyway see a if your there:D

:eek: Gonna be tough after not being there for nearly 2 weeks :o I'm slightly scared but slightly looking forward to it :D C ya later!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭01mirelly

hi I joined ww about 13 weeks ago and have lost over a stone. I am so delighted and feel great. For the past 2 weeks i have been stickin to the programme and even have increased my exercise, but last week i out up 2.5 pounds and this week a half. I am gettin worried that i wont loose anymore. My leader talked about a plateau, but i am gaining weight, not staying the same. I have lowered my ponits also in accordance with my loss. Does any one else have experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

well i was down 1.5 tonight, which was great. any loss is a good result.

but i was kinda expecting more of a loss, as i was within my points all week, and i went to curves 3 times and aqua-aerobics once.

maybe it'll show better next wk.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

Welcome bak to ladiee24...!! Great to hear from you again best of look gettin back into things :D

Welcome to the new posters too...siobhan and amy-marie..U will defo find this thread a great help!!

Well folks...after a messy week i gained 1lb which is fine as it could have been alot more..!! :) Im off on hols to greece on sat for a week so i wont be in gym for approx 10 days :( going to try stay active while away with beach walks/swimming..!! Iv not got 5lb to go to goal.. But i jusy cant believe that im off away to the sun with this much weight loss achieved..I really am thrilled an really will enjoy myself...which hopefully wont ruin my weight loss too much!!! :D:D Im counting dwn the minutes until the sun!! 4st 4 lighter and feeling great!! If i can do it ANYONE can i can promise yas tat!!

Best of luck to all who still have to WI and well done on the Losses!!! :D:D

Roll on saturday :D:D xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hey all.

Had my 6th Weigh In tonight and was down another pound. Looks like the big losses have slowed down - it was inevitably really.

Got to my 10% goal which I'm delighted with. 2 more pounds to my next silver seven and the half way point.

Have to be super good this week as I have girls day out for my Mam's birthday on Friday and out for dinner on Friday night. Then heading to England on Saturday for the night for another friends birthday barbeque so I'll be hitting the gym hard this week to try to avoid a gain. Think I'll be living off the no point soup this week :p

weight.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

01mirelly wrote: »
    hi I joined ww about 13 weeks ago and have lost over a stone. I am so delighted and feel great. For the past 2 weeks i have been stickin to the programme and even have increased my exercise, but last week i out up 2.5 pounds and this week a half. I am gettin worried that i wont loose anymore. My leader talked about a plateau, but i am gaining weight, not staying the same. I have lowered my ponits also in accordance with my loss. Does any one else have experience of this?

Hi 01mirelly. You story kinda reflects my own this time around. About 3 weeks ago I hit the point where I was really in the zone regarding exercise and food intake but this was not reflected on the scales. It was suggested that I was gaining muscle weight, as its heavier than fat its makes sense.
    Normally at this point I would have thrown the towel in , but with the support I got from here and my own change in attitude, that this is not a quick fix/ short term thing but a lifestyle choice and change I have stuck it out, it took @ 3 weeks but the weight loss has resumed and I feel so much better that I didn't revert back to my normal way of dealing with things (binging).

Shelly, have a great hols, I'm off to Cyprus for 2 weeks, last time I was there I came home lighter, even with the drink n food, so good luck. So, I will be taking to the skies with great expectations.

One more wi, fingers crossed.

Well done to all this week.

Welcome to all the newbies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi all

Welcome bak to ladiee24...!! Great to hear from you again best of look gettin back into things :D

Welcome to the new posters too...siobhan and amy-marie..U will defo find this thread a great help!!

Well folks...after a messy week i gained 1lb which is fine as it could have been alot more..!! :) Im off on hols to greece on sat for a week so i wont be in gym for approx 10 days :( going to try stay active while away with beach walks/swimming..!! Iv not got 5lb to go to goal.. But i jusy cant believe that im off away to the sun with this much weight loss achieved..I really am thrilled an really will enjoy myself...which hopefully wont ruin my weight loss too much!!! :D:D Im counting dwn the minutes until the sun!! 4st 4 lighter and feeling great!! If i can do it ANYONE can i can promise yas tat!!

Best of luck to all who still have to WI and well done on the Losses!!! :D:D

Roll on saturday :D:D xx

Shelly have a great holiday, you deserve it after losing so much weight! Have fun flaunting it ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Hi everyone

Well was down lb last night so im delighted. I started to do more exercise which is a killer cause I used to hate moving. Im hoping it will pay off next week :)

Ladie24 your so right about the positive attitude, took me awhile to adopt a positive attitude but it really does pay off. Even when everything seems to be going wrong thinkin positive can keep you sane !!

Welcome to all the new posters!

Congrats to all the losses and to those who didn lose chin up its only downwards were going :)

An a big congrats to my lil sis Shellybelly uve done fantastic and me n Tadhg are so proud of u, hope you have a ball in Greece u look fab and u deserve everybit of it. U kept me on track wen I needed it and your positive attitude is so infectious. U made me feel proud of my own achievements wen I couldn see it. I just hope I can be in your shoes next year hopefully :):):)

28 and half lbs gone and 55lbs to go !!

Good luck to every1 who still has WI :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Shelly have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your new beach body!!

I am delighted to report that I lost 7lb at my WI tonight. Totally trilled and spurred on. I think I am most excited about dropping a point as I am in my next stone. It makes me feel like I am moving along nicely.
    My husband took the second set of photos today ( I am having my photo taken each month so that I can chart my weight loss) He says I look slimmer and that he is so proud of how positive and well I am. I really really want to do this and get back to the woman I was when we met. I want to be able to put on a lovely dress in the mornings and feel and look amazing. Its going to take time but I WILL do it, for me.

Well done to every one with weight losses and just keep going to all the rest of you, we an do it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Wow that's amazing Caroline. Well done.

I'm just back from going shopping for a party dress for my parents wedding anniversary. I splashed out and bought a gorgeous dress (size 14 woohoo) in Coast. I can't believe that I'm fitting into a size 14 dress.

Have a makeover day and photo sessiontomorrow with my sisters and my mam. Had been dreading it but really looking forward to it now:D

Have a great holiday Shellybelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hi everyone, not on ww myself but just wanted to say well done to everyone here! I'm really impressed with the stories here :)
    I want to be able to put on a lovely dress in the mornings and feel and look amazing. Its going to take time but I WILL do it, for me.

When I get to goal I'm treating myself to one of these babies *drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Hi All,

Well I've just joined WW for the first time after a few unsuccessful at-home attempts. I'm at my heaviest I've ever been at the moment, 199lbs at 5'8". I'm ashamed that I've let myself go so much and really felt down about all the extra jiggle, so I decided to get up and be accountable and go to a meeting.
    I'll be honest, it's been hard for me to acknowledge my weight gain, I kept brushing over it and avoiding the issue, and it was a big deal going last night. I found the meeting itself inspiring, meeting brilliant ladies like yourselves that have managed to loose stones! I've felt like it's been insurmountable for a long time, so I'm set to give it my all.

The only negative I guess was that I thought I'd get more of an introduction by the leader, but she just weighed me and gave me a folder, and told me to figure out my points. She didn't really speak to me at all, no goal setting or conversations about the points system or how it works.
    It was very much a read the manual kind of thing. THe other women in there were fantastic, but I just felt a bit lost. Kept to my points today and didn't feel too hungry, so it's a start. Anyone else feel that way about it at the beginning, or did I get a raw deal?

Thanks for reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello!!...

Well done caroline amazin result!!..

Just saying thank you for the kind words..will chat to yu all again soon when i get back..!! Best of luck for week ahead..!!

Shell ;) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Well done everyone. I've been struggling a bit for the last two weeks but was happy to a pound and a half down and not up last night.
    Eviledna wrote: »
    The only negative I guess was that I thought I'd get more of an introduction by the leader, but she just weighed me and gave me a folder, and told me to figure out my points. She didn't really speak to me at all, no goal setting or conversations about the points system or how it works.
    It was very much a read the manual kind of thing. THe other women in there were fantastic, but I just felt a bit lost. Kept to my points today and didn't feel too hungry, so it's a start. Anyone else feel that way about it at the beginning, or did I get a raw deal?

Some leaders seem to just go through the motions with new members especially if they have another class coming in. I would say if there is anything you don't understand then buttonhole your leader either at the scales or after the meeting next week, after all that's part of what you're paying for- her expertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

Eviledna wrote: »

Thanks for reading!

Hi Eviledna

That's a pity my leader gets all the new memebers to stay back at the end of each class to answer any questions newbies may have. why not try a couple of different local meeting if that's possible for you sometimes it's worth it :) to find the right leader.

well done on all the losses everyone!

carolinesprings WOW what a result!! i think that's the big 2 fingered salute to those idiots at Bruce Springsteen! remember that feeling of standing on the scales the next time someone's inconsiderate of your feelings!!!

shellybelly08 i'm so happy for you well done that's fantasic!! hopefully i'll be joining you at GOAL very soon :) have a ball on your holidays well & truly deserved

i must say delighted to see the all the positives on the thread this week!! i've yet to get weighed but i'm hoping for half a pound so fingers crossed

ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS my friends :D x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Caroline big congrats on the weight loss, that is amazing, good idea to track the changes in your body photographically.
    Well done to all this week.

Evilenda, as breadnjam said pin down ur leader, ask your questions.

Well Guys, the sun, sea and sand beckons, can't wait. Had last wi this morning and down 4lbs !!!!!!
    Passed my mini goal with 2lbs extra. Was in shock at that, roll on size 12, I think the extra loss just might keep me on the straight and narrow for the next 2 weeks.

Shelly have a blast.

Good luck to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Have just decided to finally let myself realise its time the belly goes. im only 5'8" and 20years old. ive been chatting to relatives who have been on this and ive decided tuesday is the day i go to my first meeting!

no doubt ill be on this looking for motivation boosts everynow and then! just want to say well done to everyone on here, reading through some of your posts made such a difference.

Go on the sexy slim boardsies!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 slimwannabe

hi all im new to boards so hope ye dont mind me joining in started back ww on tues after a year was actually down a pound and a half since last year had my old card with me but had lost a stone more up to april on my own going to the gym etc but put it all back on over hols and weekends away in may and june so back to the grind hopefully it will work this time fingers crossed xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Welcome to slimwannabe and al the new posters!

BIG CONGRATS to carolinesprings thats a fantastic weight loss fair play to you!!

Just wanted to ask has anyone got any info on spinning classes or any exercise other than walkin that can boost your metabolism? Im lookin at tryin different exercise rountines, any ideas or tips ???:rolleyes:

Best of luck with WI and d weekend ahead !!!!

ladiee24 wrote: »
    Hi Eviledna

That's a pity my leader gets all the new memebers to stay back at the end of each class to answer any questions newbies may have. why not try a couple of different local meeting if that's possible for you sometimes it's worth it :) to find the right leader.

Thanks a million ladiee, and to all who replied, will defo try another meeting next week, and maybe after that pin down my local one!
    This is a great thread, very supportive.
    Onwards and downwards indeed! :)

Well I'm halfway through my first week (again!). I have been fairly good, I've kept to within 18 points everyday and on Wednesday I managed to save 2.5 but then last night I ended up going to 20 points so I used up the 2. I really needed to save points for the weekend. It has been so hard not to buy a bag of crisps when paying for petrol and I had to leave the house yesterday when my brother got Domino's (my main weakness!)

I have been doing the Fast Start this week so I haven't included any activity points but I have been in the gym or training everyday so I should be on track.

Now the big problem is upon us... the weekend! My best friends 21st tomorrow night so will defo be having a good few drinks but I haven't saved enough points (oh and I know Fast Start doesn't involve any alcohol but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place). I am trying to get out of going out tonight because I won't drink and all my friends will be hammered:mad:. I was thinking of having a small breakfast tomorrow (2-3 points) and going to the gym for a long workout then 0 point soup and carrot sticks with some bread (.5 - 1 points) and then chicken salad for dinner (2.5 points) which should leave me with about 10 points for alcohol. I hate to say it but as a broke student I will have to bring a nagan in the bag *Shame* but I think I worked that out last time as around 8 points? couple of sprite zeros as mixer and maybe one or two bulmers light.

Then on sunday I am going to the hurling in thurles. Nothing worse than being out of the house and surrounded by drink! maybe one or two cans of bulmers light. Does anyone know the points on this? I know the bottles are 1 point? And what to eat during the day?!

Delighted to hear everyone is doing well. Toes crossed I don't over do-it the weekend and my WI on Monday will be good. I got a delivery of dresses from Rare and one fits me, one is ridiculously tight on me and the other looks like it was made for a child. Strange thing is they are all the same size from the same manufacturer. Anyway I love the one that is really tight so im determined to fit into that in a couple of weeks!

Onwards and Downwards (love it!) :D

siobhanoh wrote: »

Now the big problem is upon us... the weekend! My best friends 21st tomorrow night so will defo be having a good few drinks but I haven't saved enough points (oh and I know Fast Start doesn't involve any alcohol but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place). I am trying to get out of going out tonight because I won't drink and all my friends will be hammered:mad:. I was thinking of having a small breakfast tomorrow (2-3 points) and going to the gym for a long workout then 0 point soup and carrot sticks with some bread (.5 - 1 points) and then chicken salad for dinner (2.5 points) which should leave me with about 10 points for alcohol. I hate to say it but as a broke student I will have to bring a nagan in the bag *Shame* but I think I worked that out last time as around 8 points? couple of sprite zeros as mixer and maybe one or two bulmers light.

Hi siobhanoh,

Can I just caution you to be very careful with your alcohol intake there, the amount of food you have eaten has drastic effects on how drunk you get, and eating the above before a naggin will have a much stronger effect than usual. Try to drink some water inbetween each drink, and maybe try vodka and soda water with a dash of lime for a low points drink ? (6 points for the whole naggin, excl. water/lime)
    Have a lovely time!

I know, I meant to say that is actually a lot less than what I would normally drink on a night out, especially during college. I'm cutting that down too because I am going into final year now so we won't be out every night of the week this year. It really is shameful how much female college students drink but when everyone is doing the same you don't see anything wrong. I was huge after my first year in college! Copped on a bit now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cathead

Well guys, not officially on the weightwatchers diet but definitely on the weightloss hunt. I'm a member of the figure 8 gym as I felt this would be more suited to my needs than weightwatchers exactly!

I'm doing ok, slowly but surely! I'm 15 pounds down in about 3 months and getting a bit more happy with myself. Ive a very long way to go but at least I', now going in the right direction.

I'm 22. I've been on the 'chunky' side since I was in my teens but it was when I hit about 17 that things got out of control. College was a ridiculous time aswell and from my experience, this is when a lot of people gain weight. I gained a lot of weight, on top of the weight I had already! I had tried random things to lose some weight but never got past the losing the half a stone. Now I've gone past that mark I'm really motivated!

I love the gym because even of you're not losing weight, you can see yourself getting smaller, which is great!

Love reading all of your stories because we all know we have low moments when we just need that extra push to keep working!

Went to aqua fit tonight and had a great work out. I can push myself out of the water and hold myself up for 10 seconds. A month ago I couldnt so a result!!! Also getting out for a walk (about half a hour) each day, not really enjoying the walking but totally love the agua fit.

Hoping I can stay within points over the weekend, will be eating out a few times over the weekend. Got the WW eating out guide at my meeting so hopefully that will help.

Good luck to everyone over the weekend, we will all get to goal in the end!

• Advertisement

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Well I'm halfway through my first week (again!). I have been fairly good, I've kept to within 18 points everyday and on Wednesday I managed to save 2.5 but then last night I ended up going to 20 points so I used up the 2. I really needed to save points for the weekend. It has been so hard not to buy a bag of crisps when paying for petrol and I had to leave the house yesterday when my brother got Domino's (my main weakness!)

I have been doing the Fast Start this week so I haven't included any activity points but I have been in the gym or training everyday so I should be on track.

Then on sunday I am going to the hurling in thurles. Nothing worse than being out of the house and surrounded by drink! maybe one or two cans of bulmers light. Does anyone know the points on this? I know the bottles are 1 point? And what to eat during the day?!

Delighted to hear everyone is doing well. Toes crossed I don't over do-it the weekend and my WI on Monday will be good. I got a delivery of dresses from Rare and one fits me, one is ridiculously tight on me and the other looks like it was made for a child. Strange thing is they are all the same size from the same manufacturer. Anyway I love the one that is really tight so im determined to fit into that in a couple of weeks!

Onwards and Downwards (love it!) :D

Hi S,

Just wanted to say to be careful drinking when you eat so few points. I did that a few years ago. Just before our wedding I was trying to lose weight and had low points one day and ended up out that night and had 5-6 drinks and was very ill for days. I felt like I was going to die. Never again would I do something so silly. Normally I could have drank that much and often a lot more and would be fine.

Have a great night but do be careful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement