Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I took a mad notion this morning & tried on my wedding dress (married 11 years now, don't know why I kept it) & it fitted me! I'm probably now about the same weight as when I got married, but still about 1/2 stone more than when I first met him! Also tried on a size 12 suit I used to wear to weddings out of Monsoon & it fitted me too. On the down side, I tried on my beautiful maxi dress (size 16) from last summer & it is too big. Going shopping now to see if I can find something to wear to a confirmation at the weekend. Must do a big clothes clear out at the weekend - to make room for new stuff:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Muffin recipe.....this is my own tweaked concoction

125g white self raising flour
    40g Light brown sugar
    30g odlums wheat bran (dunnes stores)
    1 whole egg
    table spoon of low fat natural yoghurt
    100 skimmed milk
    Fruit of your choice (strawberries, blueberries, rasperries, banana all work great)
    15g splenda
    1 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate
    1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Soak the bran wheat in the milk for few mins,

Cream the sugar/splenda/egg together,

Sift the flour/baking powder/bicarbonate at least twice to get it nice a fluffy.

Combine all of the above ingredents. taking care not to work it too much or they will sink and go flat. just at the end fold in the fruit.

(if using bananas have them thouroughly mashed with fork before folding into mixture)

This recipe makes six decent muffins at 4pp each! High fibre, really filling, with slow releasing carb energy. to make them even better again you can also use self raising brown flour (i've only seen that in super valu)

Oven should be pre heated to about 180 - 200 degrees, and they only need about 20 mins....leave them in the oven until cold if you can...if you open the door too quickly they can fall...so you could even get away with turning off the oven at about 16 mintues

(Took me ages to learn all the knacks...trial and error)

Thanks for this Lainy! I bought the wheat bran weeks ago and then couldn't find the recipe (thought I had saved it on to my laptop)! So making these this weekend!

It's going to be a cooking weekend for me! Will be baking these muffins, then am going to make homemade pizza for dinner on Sat and then on Sunday, will be making spaghetti marinara for dinner! Hope it all turns out right as everything will be homemade!

I ordered a Pizza Stone online yesterday from a place in Westport - has already been delivered to the courier company that OH works for - mega impressed with the service and was only 20quid :D:D:D:D Can't wait to go home and see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Check out TKMaxx!

I got a lovely maxi dress there last week and wore it to my niece's communion on saturday - got lots of compliments!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hi
    Im so craving lasagne, was my favourite dinner with chips and colsaw.. So i have the low pp option for colsaw and chips:D does anyone have a recipe for lasage???

Oh the irish diet yoghurts are on sale in supervalu €3 for 8 yoghurts:)...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hi
    Im so craving lasagne, was my favourite dinner with chips and colsaw.. So i have the low pp option for colsaw and chips:D does anyone have a recipe for lasage???

i think missit made chicken lasagne other night and really liked it. Think she made her own white sauce too...better than jar stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

fofany wrote: »
    I took a mad notion this morning & tried on my wedding dress (married 11 years now, don't know why I kept it) & it fitted me! I'm probably now about the same weight as when I got married, but still about 1/2 stone more than when I first met him! Also tried on a size 12 suit I used to wear to weddings out of Monsoon & it fitted me too. On the down side, I tried on my beautiful maxi dress (size 16) from last summer & it is too big. Going shopping now to see if I can find something to wear to a confirmation at the weekend. Must do a big clothes clear out at the weekend - to make room for new stuff:D.

My mam & dad have been married nearly 30 years & she still has her dress! We had great craic as kids trying it on :)

Can you get your maxi dress taken in? If you like it enough, I'd consider it! I've a few dresses like that that are too big so when I get to goal, I'm going down to the seamstress and getting them taken in :D

SORRY SORRY SORRY

THE BRAN MUFFINS need 30 MINUTES....so you can turn off oven at about 25 mins...and leave them go cold in the oven...then take them out. that should stop them from falling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

i think missit made chicken lasagne other night and really liked it. Think she made her own white sauce too...better than jar stuff.

I did! I'll post up the recipe in a bit, going on lunch now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

she did and I was meaning to ask what recipe she used, I normally use the basic white sauce recipe, two table spoons of butter, two table spoons of flour and think its 200ml of milk I would have to check that! you can then add seasoning you like or some cheese either!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

Hi

Hi hope it's ok to join in here as i'm on unislim and not ww but lasagne is also a favourite of mine and thought you might like the cook yourself thin recipe for it from the channel 4 website i've made it a few times and it's yummy!! :D

I've never put in a link before so i hope this works :o
    http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/tv-show/cook-yourself-thin-recipes/light-but-luxurious-lasagne-recipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

That's fantastic! At the WW fashion show last week all the models said that the biggest change in their lives had been to their bank balance! :D They had all had to spend loads on new clothes because nothing fitted them anymore! I've had to buy a few things myself and I must admit I loved it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

emzibob wrote: »
    Hi hope it's ok to join in here as i'm on unislim and not ww but lasagne is also a favourite of mine and thought you might like the cook yourself thin recipe for it from the channel 4 website i've made it a few times and it's yummy!! :D

I've never put in a link before so i hope this works :o
    http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/tv-show/cook-yourself-thin-recipes/light-but-luxurious-lasagne-recipe

Thanks! :) I love that show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Maybe make half the cake and then it wouldn go to waste:D.. not sure how long it would last but would reckon it would last a while...

its very heavy and i only make it on a special ocassion so have to watch that i dont eat to much.. i usualy half the 5pp slices cause then u can have two pieces which seems alot more:D..

Great Izzy, sounds like something you wouldn't eat too much of so ok. I'd love to taste it but then might not look at it again for the rest of the week. Will wait until I have something on I think and share it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi All Back from Weigh in and down 3 pounds this week. Total 1 stone 3.5 lbs in 5 weeks - delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Tmeos wrote: »
    Hi All Back from Weigh in and down 3 pounds this week. Total 1 stone 3.5 lbs in 5 weeks - delighted!

That's fantastic! Well done you!
    I have my month anniversary tomorrow with WW so hoping to see it DOWN and maybe get my 5%!

i think....ww cakes/desserts/bar recipes ect should go to a thread in for food sub forum of Rec....it'll just keep the peace...

i'll start it and put a link in my signature....so ppl will always have easy access to it...cos face it i'm ALWAYS here....

we dont need ppl breathing down our necks....

healthy meal recipes can stay here in this thread...

weould this satisfy the powers that be?

a "ww gone wild treat thread" in Rec?

ww inspired cake & bake recipes!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    My mam & dad have been married nearly 30 years & she still has her dress! We had great craic as kids trying it on :)

Can you get your maxi dress taken in? If you like it enough, I'd consider it! I've a few dresses like that that are too big so when I get to goal, I'm going down to the seamstress and getting them taken in :D

Too late, I got a new maxi dress in town. Just looking for a short shrug cardigan now to go with it as the weather forecast for the weekend isn't the best. Might just put the old one on ebay as it was a good make.
    bubbaloo wrote: »
    That's fantastic! At the WW fashion show last week all the models said that the biggest change in their lives had been to their bank balance! :D They had all had to spend loads on new clothes because nothing fitted them anymore! I've had to buy a few things myself and I must admit I loved it!! :)

I used to have loads to clothes in the days when I was a size 10-12, but have given most of them to charity shops over the last few years, except a few things I just couldn't part with or had cost too much money to just give them away! The last few weeks I have been visiting the charity shops in Derry & I have picked up a few bargains (all good labels), then my new wardrobe won't be so tough on my pocket! Just need to find some jeans now that fit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Too late, I got a new maxi dress in town. Just looking for a short shrug cardigan now to go with it as the weather forecast for the weekend isn't the best. Might just put the old one on ebay as it was a good make.

I used to have loads to clothes in the days when I was a size 10-12, but have given most of them to charity shops over the last few years, except a few things I just couldn't part with or had cost too much money to just give them away! The last few weeks I have been visiting the charity shops in Derry & I have picked up a few bargains (all good labels), then my new wardrobe won't be so tough on my pocket! Just need to find some jeans now that fit me.

Do you have a Dunnes Stores in Derry? They have really nice shrug type cardigans at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

A few weeks ago New Look were selling 2 cropped cardis for €25 and they had a huge range. They might still have that deal. I got 2 lovely ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Had this last night and it was delish..thought I would share

Pancetta, Chilli & Basil Pasta - serves 2
    • 120g dried pasta - 12pp
    • Pancetta from Aldi - 7pp
    • 1 clove garlic - 0pp
    • 3/4 leaves of fresh basil chopped up small
    • 1/2 jar of pasaata
    • 1 red chilli
    Fry the garlic, chilli & pancetta add the passata, basil and some black pepper. Cook the pasta, drain and mix all together. All for 10pp
    I had mine with a big salad, the oh had some of the dunnes low fat garlic toasties...

Very tasty

• Advertisement

brightstar wrote: »
    Had this last night and it was delish..thought I would share

Pancetta, Chilli & Basil Pasta - serves 2
    • 120g dried pasta - 12pp
    • Pancetta from Aldi - 7pp
    • 1 clove garlic - 0pp
    • 3/4 leaves of fresh basil chopped up small
    • 1/2 jar of pasaata
    • 1 red chilli
    Fry the garlic, chilli & pancetta add the passata, basil and some black pepper. Cook the pasta, drain and mix all together. All for 10pp
    I had mine with a big salad, the oh had some of the dunnes low fat garlic toasties...

Very tasty

oh very nice! i have packet of pasaata in the press been trying to come up with something creative to do with it :) *NABBED*

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Yeah its the white sauce that i need help with cause will just use mince, passata, and herbs and some 0pp veg and i have low fat cheese so just didnt no how to make a low pp white sauce:)...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

wohoo 2.5 lbs down. All my exercise to counteract the holiday seems to have paid off.

Izzy - on the lasagne. I make up a tomato based sauce (it freezes well so make plenty) v small amount of olive oil, soften chopped onions & garlic in it, add dried italian hebs & pepper & chilli flakes, then add 1 glass of red wine (optional) and let it reduce a bit, if I have them in the house I add just a few olives as they give a lot of added flavour, add 2 tins of chopped tomotoes, a tblsp of tomato puree & 2 gratted carrots & fresh basil and let it simmer for a long as you have. (do it the day before you make your lasagne is the ideal).
    Now - frying pan out and again a teeny bit of olive oil an soften some chopped onion, garlic , red peppers, mushrooms & plentry of corgettes (cut length ways not on the round). Once everything is a bit soft take out the corgette strips and put them aside. Instead of minced beef I use quorn so add that. Do one little beef stock pot mixed in a little water to it. Cook it up and add a good portion of the sauce.

Bottom layer of my lasagne is always corgettes rather than pasta (from earlier), then layer the vegies / quorn mixture, then a layer of lasagne sheets, quorn mixture, lasagne sheets, quorn mixture, lasagne sheets. I dont use any white sauce at all and still think it's yum but you will need to put a good lot of the extra sauce on the top layer of lasagne sheets to stop it drying out. As you do the layering add a leaf of basil here and there pop into the oven for 40 mins approx. When I'm serving it I then put about a teaspoon of the paramsean cheese powder on top - I know it's prob full of bad stuff but it gives the cheesy taste and isn't bad on PPs (the roma one i use has 12 pps in the full thing).

Last time I made it I gave some to my mum who loved it and wouldn't belive me about the PPs in it (the entire thing was 26) until I wrote the entire recepie out and PP'd each individual element!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Well was up a LB last night at WI, knew i wud be, i was so bad, dunno what got into me, just couldnt not stop eating anything and everything! TOTM in a day or two, so thats prob why! Going to be really focused now this week and hope to get 2lbs down next week, which means ill get a silver seven!Hopefully ill be able to get back into exercise when i get the results of MRI back next week. Missing the exercise so much, and much lazier too!
    Loving the lasagne ideas! Yummmy! im making chicken burgers and salads for dinner. Hope they will be nice now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

D'oh! Just realised quorn sausages are 2 not 1 each so I went a bit over in my points yesterday, still did much better than normal and still in defecit cals wise but that's annoying!!

I saw on a website that someone said that one quorn sausie was 2 points but 2 together were only 3 points? Anyone know if that's true!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Good idea on the separate cake thread Lainey it gives those who want it the outlet to post & those who want the recipes know where to post & those who don't.... Well won't check the thread if they don't want the temptation.

Fofany congrats what a great feeling on the clothes :) well done! I have some size 16's that I love & will deffo get taken in when I'm down at goal but I also can't wait to shop for skinny clothes too! :P

The only other thing I've been thinking that may be unsuitable in this thread is ppl posting their food intake that day ie breakfast lunch dinner snacks??? I know you've just done it Lainey & it's not a dig at you I swear but could that be perceived as a food diary? I know when someone started a thread & posted what they ate g'em locked the thread & advised no food diaries allowed & I totally get why. I know we all post oh I had a yummy lunch of x & all for y pp here's the recipe & I see that as bring fine but maybe not entire menu plans & pp values for the day?? I just don't want this thread locked down or having to be overly moderated so just thought I'd throw it out there? Thoughts??

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Good idea on the separate cake thread Lainey it gives those who want it the outlet to post & those who want the recipes know where to post & those who don't.... Well won't check the thread if they don't want the temptation.

Fofany congrats what a great feeling on the clothes :) well done! I have some size 16's that I love & will deffo get taken in when I'm down at goal but I also can't wait to shop for skinny clothes too! :P

The only other thing I've been thinking that may be unsuitable in this thread is ppl posting their food intake that day ie breakfast lunch dinner snacks??? I know you've just done it Lainey & it's not a dig at you I swear but could that be perceived as a food diary? I know when someone started a thread & posted what they ate g'em locked the thread & advised no food diaries allowed & I totally get why. I know we all post oh I had a yummy lunch of x & all for y pp here's the recipe & I see that as bring fine but maybe not entire menu plans & pp values for the day?? I just don't want this thread locked down or having to be overly moderated so just thought I'd throw it out there? Thoughts??

At least they cant give out now about pp talking about ww cake recipes....cos its in the Cake forum....swear to god i never wanna hear about mars bar cakes again....

I just threw it up to show that eating healthy is part of pp....

but will prob take it down in a min in case the law come a knocking...very valid point....hadnt actually thought of that...i just wanted to show...seee loook ppl are eating healthy food...

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Joined yesterday, had already been losing weight on my own for the past year was down to being just 10lbs overweight but exam month put a stall to my good efforts and I put up a massive 6lbs in 4 weeks.

Moved home to my parents house while I look for work and renewed gym membership, so getting right back into my 5 day a week work outs and hopefully can shed 2lbs a week average for the next 14 weeks. Finding the plan weird I seem to be able to eat loads on it but really need to get an electronic scales to measure weights, store was out today.

Pingi wrote: »
    Joined yesterday, had already been losing weight on my own for the past year was down to being just 10lbs overweight but exam month put a stall to my good efforts and I put up a massive 6lbs in 4 weeks.

Moved home to my parents house while I look for work and renewed gym membership, so getting right back into my 5 day a week work outs and hopefully can shed 2lbs a week average for the next 14 weeks. Finding the plan weird I seem to be able to eat loads on it but really need to get an electronic scales to measure weights, store was out today.

it does seem daunting at first...and goes against ppls understanding...its not just about pointing food and portions...its about what you eat aswell :)

yeah i hear you there i gained back a disgusting 14lbs since last september with college....but since January i've lost stone and half...and back to home gym with vengeance for the summer! weights, toning, cardio, kettle bells, dumbells,

focus more on using your pp on foods that are good for your body, especially if your going to be working out so much. And regardless of what anyone might think....occasional treats will be ok...as long as are occasional and worked for...

finished exams last thursday and i'm already down 2lbs! (im terrible for stalking the scales....)

• Advertisement

LOL can ppl maybe post some cake/bar/cookie recipes over in the new thread...its look depressingly empty! and the cake ppl are getting confused!!!!

Link in my signature!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement