Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Had WI last night and was down half a pound. Usually I'd be content with that but I was up 2.5lbs last week so was very disappointed. Thought I'd be down at least 1.5lbs. Hopefully it will show next week.

I'm studying at the moment so won't be out much....however the fact that I'm staying in all weekend will make me want a takeaway to make up for not going out!!! I might allow myself a singapore chow mein one of the nights :o but I'm determined for the scales to show a much better loss next week.

Can't make it to aquafit tonight unfortunately. Also, I've been really neglecting my exercise bike. It's currently a lovely belt and scarf holder! :D Will really make the effort to dust it off this week and put it to better use. I'm sure it will be a welcome distraction from the studying anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Went to aqua fit tonight and had a great work out. I can push myself out of the water and hold myself up for 10 seconds.
    I was doing this last time I was in a pool. You are doing resistance exercise which is great for the metabolism. Out of the water that exercise is very difficult, it is called a "muscle up"

Here is a girl doing one on a bar, I can do 20 chinups but can't manage one of these :(

Can't make it to aquafit tonight unfortunately
    You can always do resistance exercise at home, pushups, bodysquats, you can do pushups on your knees or against the wall if you cannot manage proper ones. check out www.simplefit.org and if for weights www.stumptuous.com
    which is aimed at women.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

well, i stsyed the same this wek, which is great considering the crap i ate. i really thought id be up.
    thats given me a boost now to keep going and get back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

well done 112togo :D hope the coming week is easier for you! i know this might be stating the obvious so sorry if i am! would it help if you went to the library to do your studying? might be an easy distraction away from the newsagents & the dreaded chocolate. good luck with it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

ladiee24 wrote: »
    well done 112togo :D hope the coming week is easier for you! i know this might be stating the obvious so sorry if i am! would it help if you went to the library to do your studying? might be an easy distraction away from the newsagents & the dreaded chocolate. good luck with it anyway

thanks ladiee, i was delighted reallly as i could have been up a pound or two.

ive only 2 days to go on the studying and then thats finished. i know what you're saying about the library but i think i'll stay out at home. ive done the groceries this morning so the kitchen is full of fruit and diet yogurts!

staying the same weight this week has made me feel lucky so im determined again to be better this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi girls

Congrats to everyone who was down this week!

Went back to WI on Saturday and was down 1lb I was happy enough so im back to where I was just before hols!

This week is going a bit better I think Hoping to get my 1st silver 7 this week! so no booze and eating lots of fruit etc :)

Warning im about to rant! Im really determined because I lost 30lbs before people are constantly commenting on how great I ''did'' before etc its making me miserable and makes me feel huge and really depresses me! So instead of feeling sorry for myself im throwing myself into it more! Someone actually had the gaw to say to me at the weekend - I had a friend who was your size and she dropped dead at 29 because her heart couldnt hack it (im 14st 6 and a 16-18 ) I nearly died when he said that to me! I like to take pride when im out i.e nice clothes makeup im sick of all the references to my weight!

Ah well onwards and downwards girlies!!!

hope all is well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

lots2lose wrote: »
    im sick of all the references to my weight!

You're right: use every single negative reference to your weight to spur you on. Sweat out your anger at the gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

JOJOC wrote: »
    hi everyone

Just back from my WI was up 1/2 pound not very happy as I walked almost everyday and drank the water like my leader told me to. Dont think I went over but im goin on holidays on sun so will try walking everyday and drink plenty of water and eat loads of salads and cross my fingers!!

well done everyone who has lost and good luck to everyone who still has to go to WI

Put it behind you and start afresh.

I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can help answer.

1. I was reading back on old threads and some people are talking about 5 a and 10% goals. My leader never said anything about them. Is that cos I have over 7 stone to lose? How are they worked out. When I was in WWbefore I never heard anything either.

2. I was trying to find out the points in Lasagne. I looked in the eating out guid and cant find it. I know I can make my own and point it but our local pub dose one and I was just wondering about points....

3. We are going to Prague on sunday for 6 nights and was wondering about food choices. I tryed looking up places to eat last night but no luck. Will have another go later. Any advice welcome.

4. After quizing the staff in the pub on saturday about what was in the food to work out my points, the owner rang me this morning to ask what I would think about a pointed daily special. I think it would be great to walk i and know that there is something low point on the specials board. What do you all think? Am I correct in thinking that someplace in Dublin dose this alrady. I seem to remember when I was living in the big smoke that someplace did but I cant remember where.

I have stayed very positive this week and am still getting a great buzz out of this "new me" plan. Have my WI tomorrow night and I am very hopeful that it will go well. Going to aqua fit 3 times a week and getting a walk in most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭nurse23

hi everybody,
    well done so far if you've lost some and keep goin to everyone whos had a tough week.

my very first weigh in today down a whopping 11.5lbs cannot believe it, nearly fainted!!!:D. leader said its a huge loss so i may gain a small bit next week. totally shocked but its a great boost and motivation for this week. but bought my self a tesco light tirimisu for later as a reward:)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

nurse23-WOW!! that is an AMAZING amount to lose in one week!!!congratulations I can only imagine how delighted you must be!!!

caroline- if you go onto the ww ireland site it has a 5% and 10% goal calculator. my leader didnt really mention anything about my goals either my 5% came and went without a second look but when i got to my 10% goal it flashed up on the screen and i got a new insert for my folder. If your curious then just ask your leader thats whats they are there for!!best of luck with you WI;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

You're right: use every single negative reference to your weight to spur you on. Sweat out your anger at the gym!

Thanks Neuro-Praxis it totally annoyed me he was a total stranger!
    i'm in the zone and plan to shed the majority of this weight by Christmas

Its just gonna take time and effort and ive lots of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

weight.png

Woohoo! Had my weigh in tonight and managed to lose 2.5lbs. It meant I got my third silver seven and have passed the halfway point to my weightloss goal.

I really wasn't expecting that loss after my weekend away but I got straight back on track as soon as I got home and it paid off.

So so happy :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi all. New to WW and really feeling good about it. Had lost control of things over the last few months and wasn't hacking it at all on my own. Got my first silver seven this evening....felt like I was back in Junior Infants.....so proud of myself!! Need another 3 to go with it.

Good luck to all.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Joined WW yesterday, and started off with the points this morning. doing a fast track with 22 points for this week and i have to admit it was a struggle to even use the 22 points. i am so stuffed!! next week ill be doing more points after this fast week. ill be super stuffed!

but its going well so far looking forward to weigh in next tuesday! :D

good luck guys with yours! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I've my first WI tomorrow and I'm terrified that I won't have lost anything. I've stuck religiously to the fast track 22 points each day, but I was ill this week and didn't get to exercise. Is it possible to lose despite that?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MJ3

Hi Eviledna - my WW leader was just taking about this yesterday, she said that if you stick to the fast start plan (no matter what points you are on) you should see a loss of 3lbs, she said she's seen this proven time and again!! So I'm very interested to hear how you get on, very best of luck!!!

Joined WW yesterday, and started off with the points this morning. doing a fast track with 22 points for this week and i have to admit it was a struggle to even use the 22 points. i am so stuffed!! next week ill be doing more points after this fast week. ill be super stuffed!

but its going well so far looking forward to weigh in next tuesday! :D

good luck guys with yours! :)

best of luck!:) i joined last week so startin on the discover plan after fast track, feel the same i could barely manage 18 outta 22.. goes to show how healthy food so much more filling than rubbish!!:)

morning everyone ;)

hope you're all well on this sunny yet cold morning :)

well i'm delighted i have broken the cycle & i've lost weight this week :D i've been maintaining for the past 6-7 weeks & i've lost 0.5 a pound which i'm totally chuffed about so only 9.5lbs to my WW GOAL. Then I've a further personal goal of 4.5lbs to make it an even 4 stone loss in total :eek:

so to help me get there i'm aiming to go back to class & get my 50lb certificate! it's all about the mini goals.

i never ever thought i'd be at this place or in such a positive frame of mind & i'm just so so grateful for this right now.

best of luck to everyone else who has weigh in to go ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS x

Eviledna wrote: »
    I've my first WI tomorrow and I'm terrified that I won't have lost anything. I've stuck religiously to the fast track 22 points each day, but I was ill this week and didn't get to exercise. Is it possible to lose despite that?

hi hun, if you stuck to the points i'd be surprised if you didn't lose a few pounds, i just did 4 walks sat and sun not far or fast as i so unfit and i lost a good bit. and even if ya dont your doing great making the change and we'll get the results if we stick with it. best of luck hope you do great

xx

ladiee24 wrote: »
    morning everyone ;)

hope you're all well on this sunny yet cold morning :)

well i'm delighted i have broken the cycle & i've lost weight this week :D i've been maintaining for the past 6-7 weeks & i've lost 0.5 a pound which i'm totally chuffed about so only 9.5lbs to my WW GOAL. Then I've a further personal goal of 4.5lbs to make it an even 4 stone loss in total :eek:

so to help me get there i'm aiming to go back to class & get my 50lb certificate! it's all about the mini goals.

i never ever thought i'd be at this place or in such a positive frame of mind & i'm just so so grateful for this right now.

best of luck to everyone else who has weigh in to go ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS x

well done, your nearly there. your burnin diesel girl!!!:D. has it taken you long to loose what you have?

• Advertisement

nurse23 wrote: »
    well done, your nearly there. your burnin diesel girl!!!:D. has it taken you long to loose what you have?

thanks a million :D i re-joined on 28th August 2008 it's been a long journey with more downs than ups however it's been a hard slog but so rewarding! in all honestly i'd love to be at goal by the 28th August this year but if i'm not i'm not the main thing is i'm well on my way to being there!

you're doing great as well i know it's only week 2 but just think 2.5lbs more & you'll be at your first stone! break it down to 7lbs at a time it's all about the mini goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Hey girls,

I'm a newbie to this thread. I am going to try the WW thing on my own to see if I can lose the weight which I put back on after leaving WW a couple of months ago (was supposed to be made redundant so watching what I ate was the last thing on my mind). Want to see if I can do it on my own before going back. Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing in the meantime when I'm not officially in WW.

I just wanted to leave a note of a little gem I've discovered for those of you with a sweet tooth... I've discovered chocolate orange cereal bars in Aldi that work out at 1 point each!! They're called Harvest Morn Benefit and are less than 70 calories (this is in big print on front of the box). I have a killer sweet tooth so they're handy to have with the old coffee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itsmytime

Ok, so had my third WI last night and again happy to be down 2 lbs. So thats 2lb each week( total if 6 lbs). Would love it to be more but still soo happy that it's a consistent loss:)

Began spinning classes this week. Found it very tough but going back again tonight. Has anyone tried out spinning? Would love to hear how yee found it?

Well done on all the losses and attempts this week. We really are taking control!!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

itsmytime wrote: »
    Ok,

Began spinning classes this week. Found it very tough but going back again tonight. Has anyone tried out spinning? Would love to hear how yee found it?

Fair play to you, I think I would die if I tried a spinning class and that's no exaggeration!! I prefer gentler exercise like yoga and pilates. Trying to force myself on to cross trainer again at gym and that's torture. My boyf says spinning is great for fitness (he's been trying to get me to go)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itsmytime

I have just joined my local gym too, so I can go on the days in between Spin. I wasn't too sure if it would be beneficial or not. Have seen some mixed reports on the net. But I thought I would give it a go and check it out for myself. Well if it made me sweat and my heart was pumping, that can only mean burning calories right?

So tonight more spin, and then gym tomorrow. My gym have those vibro plates, and I have heard some good things about them.

Cross trainer can be tough, but it works and is great for cardio. I haven't gotten into Yoga or Pilates, must try some time

nurse23-WOW!! that is an AMAZING amount to lose in one week!!!congratulations I can only imagine how delighted you must be!!!

caroline- if you go onto the ww ireland site it has a 5% and 10% goal calculator. my leader didnt really mention anything about my goals either my 5% came and went without a second look but when i got to my 10% goal it flashed up on the screen and i got a new insert for my folder. If your curious then just ask your leader thats whats they are there for!!best of luck with you WI;)

Thanks Itsallaboutme,

I had a look at the website and gotmy 5 and10% goals. Very do-able. Have my weigh in tonight, bit worried but just n the way you would be before a exam. You worry no matter how hard you have worked. It should be fine an hopefully I will see a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

nurse23 wrote: »
    best of luck!:) i joined last week so startin on the discover plan after fast track, feel the same i could barely manage 18 outta 22.. goes to show how healthy food so much more filling than rubbish!!:)

thanks a mill! well done to you, read your last post on how much you lost in your first week! fair play to ya!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Hello to every1 and welcome to al the newbies starin their journey. Well was down 2lbs this weeks so happy because its the most ive lost in weeks was in a bit of a rut half lb here and there nothin much!

Nurse23- Congrats on that weight loss OMG it was fantastic!! go u

Ladie24 congrats to you too on breakin your cycle I no how that feels :)

To al the ladies doin aquafit how do u find it? are the classes long and does it cost much??

and carolinesprings for eaten out when your away it may be hard but dont put too much pressure on yourself. Like if your having pastas always choose tomato based sauces with no cheese on top. try have cereal for breakfast. Have some pink n whites or ww jellies just incase you fancy somethin sweet! if your a dessert person like me :) try have fruit sorbet or even a scoop of ice cream compared to big pastry desserts or choc fudge cake :):) sugar free gum is great for hunger pangs to tie you over if your feeling peckish and want to save yourself until dinner. I find aswel if you have a pint of water before you sit down to dinner you will be fuller quicker. Just somethin to try i find it gr8 when on hols or if im out for dinner!!

Good luck to all with weigh ins and the big bank holiday weeknd. ENJOY!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

To al the ladies doin aquafit how do u find it? are the classes long and does it cost much??
    Another chance to rave about the aquafit!!!!! I do it at the National Aquatic centre its 5e for members 8e for non members pay as you go.The classes are 45 minutes long and I find them great!!!!! It can be as hard or as easy as you make it. I think its great as its pay as ou go you dont have to fork out a fortune and then not bother going. It suits me as there are some days im not able to make class with work and what not so if i miss a class im not out of pocket. I really enjoy the class and get a bit pi$$ed off when i cant make it!!!!

• Advertisement

Another chance to rave about the aquafit!!!!! I do it at the National Aquatic centre its 5e for members 8e for non members pay as you go.The classes are 45 minutes long and I find them great!!!!! It can be as hard or as easy as you make it. I think its great as its pay as ou go you dont have to fork out a fortune and then not bother going. It suits me as there are some days im not able to make class with work and what not so if i miss a class im not out of pocket. I really enjoy the class and get a bit pi$$ed off when i cant make it!!!!

I am with iItsallaboutme on this one. I just love the aqua fit. The class I go to is a hour long and costs 9euro but you get every 4th class free. I find some of the instructors better than others. Again you work as hard as you want. I go hell for leather and give it everything I have. I really love and try not to miss a class. I have been going 3 times a week lately and feel so much better for it.

Heading out to weight watchers now. Will let you know how I get on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement