Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Good evening everybody,

Wow its hard keeping up to date with this thread, its gone really busy! Hope everybody is having a good day!

Just back from wi and delighted to report down 2.5 lbs!

Off for some me time now,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Back from Wi and down 1lb, cant help feeling a bit fed up that it wasnt more as I had worked so hard. I know a loss is a loss. My leader said it will most lightly show next week but I will be on holiday. Going to try very hard not to put on any weight while away. Still feeling very positive and enjoying taking care of me.

Anyway, going to trea myself to a nice bath and a mag now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Thanks so much nurse23,MJ3 and everyone, had my first WI and I just couldn't believe it...Ive lost 5 pounds! I'm delighted! Am gonna try to get that shiny 7 sticker next week. Thanks so much for the support all, and well done everyone! Xx

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hey Carolinespring, it is such an achievement to lose something each week. Don't be so tough on yourself! Also with all the Aqua you must be feeling great and much more confident in yourself. Enjoy your hols and come back in fighting form.

Well done Eviledna! Imagine that is like a small bag of potatoes gone off your body! Great stuff.

I was using a treadmill here at home but it is set up in a spare room. So boring....40 mins staring at the wall even with music had me driven demented... but I hooked up the kids portable DVD and am watching Mission Impossible in installments. Has really given me a boost as I was getting so fed up.

I have the zero soup every day around 11 and it stops me from getting too hungry. That is my downfall. If I am hungry I could snack for Ireland. The great thing is my kids love the soup too.

Good luck everyone and have a good day today.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MJ3

Good for you Eviledna, I'm delighted for you :D

I do the same thing misspiggy - I've bought box sets of ER, Criminal Minds and House to keep me going!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:Di went 2 ww on thurs after missin it 4 a few weeks,i was up 3.5lbs but started countin points again 2day,a bit over but did get a walk in! everyone seems 2 b doin very well and loads of newbies! welcome!:p

i just wrote somethin but it dissapeared! back 2 ww after a few weeks,up 3.5lbs,not impressed but it`s my own fault! anyway started again 2day! welcome 2 all the newbies,all doin v.well!:rolleyes:

soo soorry it didn`t dissapear at all hench the 2 enteries!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

I started back doing ww about two weeks ago. I had been going this time last year after being away for a month and eating myself into quite a porky state! Anyway, a similar situation occurred this year but there are no classes which are close to me and convenient in terms of time. Soooo, I am doing it just from my WW knowledge gained from last year. I thought it would be hard but this time, my boyfriend has taken an interest in the healthy eating and exercise and its so good to have him there to motivate me! When I am tired and not interested in going for a walk in the evenings, he forces me to do it. SO far I have lost 6 pounds. I;m 10 stone 6 and would like to be 9 stone 2 or 3... so I have a good bit to go:D

:DHi BH. I can't cut the 'going alone' route at all. Spent weeks here trying to get my head right and couldn't. So well done you. Great to have a bit of back up too. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi Everyone! has WI today and was own 1lb delighted cos i was convinced i was gonna be up! only 0.5lb till my first silver 7 yay:)Hope all is well enjoy the BH weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Heading to Prague in the morning for a week. Bit worried that I will put on a few pounds, really dont want to after all the hard work losing it. Really looking forward to the break.

Good luck to everyone for the coming week and I catch up with you all in a week!

hello all,totally agree misspiggy40 i can`t do this "goin alone"at all! it gives me a free 4 all altogether,as bad as i am when i go 2 meetings! 8 of us went out last nite and talkin about a dose of the munchies 2day,rashers,sausages,pudding on toast this morn! followed by 1/2 a danish pastry,mini bar,ice-cream and tayto,i think 20 points so far and not a spud in sight yet! i`ll have 2 pound the roads 4 the week!:eek::eek::eek:

That is just hilarious hollyhock. Went for a chinese last night. Didn't do too badly there...ie did not eat enough for a football team....but today, had a serious dose of the 'starvings'. Went to the gym and walked the feet off myself instead. Home now too tired to eat.

Well done lotstolose, when you get your silver seven you will be thrilled with yourself. When everyone else got theirs I was saying to myself, I'm too cool:cool: to be excited about such a thing. But I was delighted......I'd like to thank my mom.....etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beerbelly

hi everyone, im new to this boards thing and as of tomor ill be a new member of ww. I have been toying with idea of joining ww for awhile now but after reading some of this thread its giving me the push i need. So my story is im 5ft6 and weight 12 stone and i am aiming to get down to 10stone. all my friends have fantastic figures so i feel i cant talk about this with them as i dont want to draw attention to my weight, and beer belly!! so i was delighted to stumble across this page.

wish me luck :)

Hi Beerbelly. Great to have someone else new here. I am only in week three. I am 5'2'' and weighed in at 11st13lb on my first night. Let us know what you think after your class tomorrow night. I will watch out for your post. Well done for making the decision to take back the power!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all hope you all had good weekends!!welcome to all the newbies I'm sure you will find great inspiration on these pages over the coming weeks stick with it and we will all get there in the end!!!
    I have my wi tomorrow morning am a bit apprehensive as I really have no idea what to expect this week after missing last week.I reckon I've been fairly good this week although didn't make aquafit at all last week and it's not on tonight cox of the by but how and ever i'll soon find out how good I was or was not!!!!!! Best of luck to all this week !!!!!

:confused:i dunno where my posts are gone??? anyway its worse im gettin instead of better,started the day great but went a bit "pear shaped",like myself! did go 4 a walk though!

where are my posts goin?:confused:

Had an absolute nightmare weekend with too much wine and then grease to help cope with the effects of too much wine. Made a massive pot of soup last night to get myself back on track! Was too scared to weigh myself this morning so I think I will put it off until tomorrow or Thurs;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all!!

Had my WI this morning and after missing last week and having a fairly ok week was down half a lb.Was happy enough a loss is a loss at the end of the day.:D

Have an ok week ahead of me until Saturday when im going to a fancy dress 30th birthday party and am staying over in the hotel foe the night so there are sure to be plenty of temptations in my way.am going to try make up some exercise points during the week to hopefully control some damage!!

Anyway best of luck to all this week!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone, :)

Been a while since I posted in this. Normally just post in my food diary. There a so many newbies! Good luck to you all! You are all doing great! ;)

I missed weigh in last week as it was my 21st birthday and I was away in turkey for my holiday!
    I made sure I was very good, pointed everything, brought ww bars and lowfat food with me, was on the 3rd floor and used the stairs, drank loads of water, had only 4drinks all holiday...

Was hoping to stay the same but lost 5lb!!:eek: :D:P:D Am over the moon. Thats 44.5lb total or 3st 3.5lb! Delighted with myself nearly fell off the scales in shock, didn't know what to say!!

Shows when you want something you just have to put your mind to it!!

Keep up the good work everyone!! :p

J xx :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Wow Jwacqui, 5lbs after holidays!? That's amazing!

I have to go to a different meeting this evening because ours wasn't on with the bank holiday yesterday and I'm very worried, I didn't track this week... I ate out one day and I got the salad instead of a burger and chips. Was happy with myself after that. I don't think I overate too much this week but it is the drinks that will get me. I was out a good few nights in the past week but I tried to stay on the bulmers light or else vodka. I was in the gym or out walking every day too so hopefully it balances out. It's only my second WI since I rejoined so it would be a shame to go up!

Nice one Jwacqui! You must be well pleased with yourself. Siobhanoh, sounds as if you were doing pretty well last week... Best of luck with the weigh-in. :D

:pac: Hey Jwacqui, how long have you been on the WW trail. My god that is such an inspiration. Brilliant stuff on your break as well!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Wow Jwacqui, 5lbs after holidays!? That's amazing!

I am really proud of myself!! :D Had hoped for a pound maybe to stay the same but not that! But I did work hard and it obviously paid off. At the end of the day I would rather count points on holiday and come back with a 5lb loss (still can't get over that!) than eat what I want and gain 5lb! Because when you see that gain the food doesn't matter anymore!

Looks like you are having a good second week! Good luck with your weigh in!
    Bedhead wrote: »
    Nice one Jwacqui! You must be well pleased with yourself.

Delighted!! :P
    :pac: Hey Jwacqui, how long have you been on the WW trail. My god that is such an inspiration. Brilliant stuff on your break as well!! :pac:

Thank you very much :o I have been doing WW since October and had lost about 6lb before that. Tbh its a very long story! It's all typed out in my food diary (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055571706)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Well done guys!!

Just had my first WI lost four and a half pounds! woot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

hi all. well was gud until sat bit mad afterwards :( hadn much time to exercise. anyways looks like every1 is doin so well, congrats!Dreadin WI 2mo but hopin ders not too much damage done :)Goodluck with weigh in!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 weekendtripper

I had my 4th weigh in last night, and I went up a half pound - was disappointed, but have to be honest with myself as I did indulge myself over the bankholiday weekend. Am tryiing to not be discouraged, but am worried that next week might be slow too - had been leaping down the scales up to now, 5lbs in first week, 2 in the second and 3 in the 3rd. Must keep motivated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Well it wasn't as bad as I expected, in fact I was down 2.5 pounds! delighted! That is 5.5 pounds since I rejoined. Hoping for my silver 7 next week!

I just don't really get it tho, I definitely didn't stick to my points last week - I even got apache pizza after a night out on wednesday. I was out Saturday, Sunday and all day Monday, on the drink the whole time... I know I tried to stick to bulmers light or vodka but there was a jager bomb or two thrown in. I know this could all hit me next week but I was expecting the weekend before to affect this WI. I know I should be happy to be able to get away with being bad and losing weight but I feel like I need a shock to deter me from it. I'll be more likely to say yes to pizza this week if I got away with it last week.

I think I just love my exercise nearly as much as I love my food!

Well done to every one with their losses!

weekendtripper - Don't let one bad week deter you, sure a half a pound could easily have showed up as staying the same. You'll lose that next week no problem, sounds like you've done really well up until now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement