Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 weekendtripper

Thanks Siobhanoh - and well done to you, 2.5 is great weight loss, as my leader would say!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I had my 4th weigh in last night, and I went up a half pound - was disappointed,..... 5lbs in first week, 2 in the second and 3 in the 3rd. Must keep motivated!
    SO 5+2+3-0.5=9.5/4=2.375lb per week average loss. So that is actually more than the recommended 1-2lb per week anyway. Your first week you will tend to lose a little more water weight so you sound right on track to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 weekendtripper

rubadub wrote: »
    SO 5+2+3-0.5=9.5/4=2.375lb per week average loss. So that is actually more than the recommended 1-2lb per week anyway. Your first week you will tend to lose a little more water weight so you sound right on track to me.

I know, Rubadub - I suppose I was getting kinda big headed with my progress... I was getting rounds of applause, stickers, general admiration... If it comes off too quickly it will come back on just as fast. Steady as she goes from now on hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭nurse23

hi everyone!! well done to everyone who has lost and keep the chin up to everyone whos had a tough week.

2nd weigh in today, down 2lbs, so a total of 13,5lbs in two weeks.:D thrilled and motivated again for the week. just focusing on week to week. hopefully will have knocked off the half pound for my first stone by next week!!:). on for 4 night shifts from friday so worried that'll be hard, not in the sense that i'll eat badly but not sure if i'm eating the right things or at the right times during the night!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 5555cathy

hi all well done all that down im new 2 this is a great page good tips ww eating is very good and shopping one ww 2morrow nite dont think ibe down 6 last week walking very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

hi everyone

im a little confused

today, my leader said i was apound down, which was great

but then she wrote down my current weight and my total loss

she gave my total loss as 4 stone 9 pounds, and my current weight as start weight minus 4 stone 9

but according to my own notes (which i write religiously every week after WI) i am down 4stone 10.5 pounds

where did that extra one and a half pounds come from??

i wonder if it was two weeks ago - i had forgotten my card so they gave me a temp one and a piece of paper with a bar code on it, which i brought back last wk, and she said she had scanned that in last week.

maybe she didnt scan it in properly or something? that week i was actually expecting a gain but she said i was the same, so maybe the mistake was there.

kind of annoying, but sure what can i do.

onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Well done nurse23 and everyone!

Well it's a poo day for me, up 1, despite the fact I stuck so religiously to the fast track this week!:(
    I'm not kidding myself either, I didn't budge. Ugh, as much as loosing is a motivator, gaining sure is a demotivator!! Nearly cracked after WI. Didn't though.
    The only reason I can think is that I'm the day before TOM. Does that usually affect this? I have been known to retain water alright.
    I hope thats it.

Still, I guess 4lbs down in 2 weeks isn't too bad, eh?
    Onwards and downwards...hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Eviledna wrote: »
    Well done nurse23 and everyone!

Well it's a poo day for me, up 1, despite the fact I stuck so religiously to the fast track this week!:(
    I'm not kidding myself either, I didn't budge. Ugh, as much as loosing is a motivator, gaining sure is a demotivator!! Nearly cracked after WI. Didn't though.
    The only reason I can think is that I'm the day before TOM. Does that usually affect this? I have been known to retain water alright.
    I hope thats it.

Still, I guess 4lbs down in 2 weeks isn't too bad, eh?
    Onwards and downwards...hopefully!

That probably is the reason for ur 1lb up. Just stick with it and u should see the rewards of ur good tracking next week!!!!!

Best of Luck!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi All.

Did not behave very well this week. Did a good bit of excercise though which obviously helped. My sis is home and we ate out a lot. I am not with it enough to figure out what is low when I am out and about but it was on my new booklet this week. Anyhow was down half a pound at which I was really thrilled because I had assumed I had blown it.

Eviledna, I am always like a little barrell so think of double improvement next week.

Good luck all. Can't wait to get my house back to myself so that I can concentrate on having a good week this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

Hi guys,
    I'm new on here....well done to everyone on their weight loss, the threads are great full of great bits of information and motivating:)

I'm doing weight watchers at home - I've attended classes previously but as I joined the gym a month ago I'm going to try it for a while by myself and use my monthly gym assessments as my target - but I do weigh in on a Sunday on my WW scales at home to make sure I'm on track!

I'm on week 3 so far I've lost 8 1/4 pound but think I could use the spport and inspiration of others at this point, and hopefully offer the same back to others if thats ok with everyone?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

does anyone know where my weightwatchers posts have gone to? i can`t see any of them!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all..!!

I havent posted in some weeks now since b4 my hols.. went back to ww on weds and clearly I was up a few lbs (7 in fact)!!! But i had great hol and I felt amazin over der so now its back to basics for me!!

Food was ok yday and back to the gym tonight..havin been in couple weeks..my body needs it :D:D trying to plan ahead food wise with wrk and al..!!

Still havin caught up on all the posts i missed but i will..:) Well done to all the losses and of course to the gains..get back to basics like meself and we can do it !!

Welcome to all the newbies too:D:D xx

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

Yeah! Weighed myself this morning and down 2 pounds. Hooray! I can see a difference now when I look in the mirror. Anyway, going to up my exercise regime now as well - going out for a good long walk tonight.

6 pounds down, 14 to go!

Hey Bedhead. Good for you. Imagine you are now talking pounds only....no stones....great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

For some reason if I say it in pounds it sounds much less than saying "a stone". A stone just sounds so heavy... Ridiculous, I know. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, after being a long time lurker around this thread and the food diaries I have finally joined ww (again)! Im 28, and have about 2.5 stone to lose, maybe slightly more. Im on 22 points a day. Anyway I joined on wednesday, and so far so good!

Bedhead wrote: »
    For some reason if I say it in pounds it sounds much less than saying "a stone". A stone just sounds so heavy... Ridiculous, I know. :rolleyes:

I completely agree. I can't wait to get under 11 stone so that I can say the same.

Am having a great week so far this week:D:D after a total wipe out last week.:(:( Have my home and routine back to myself and have been excercising well and keeping to my points.

Can I ask does anyone else find it better to have lots of small meals than three big ones. Maybe I am just afraid of being hungry but I find it so much easier on the days that I take the time to plan and have a number of lovely nutritious small meals. It also keeps me away from the kids leftovers which I always thought was an appalling habit until I found myself nibbling left over sausages or sambos.

Does anyone have any tasty snacks..... say in the three point range.... that they would like to share? I have a couple of favorites but I don't want to get into very narrow food range by sticking with a few favourites.

Also, my portion sizes were JUMBO. It amazes me that I can be totaly satisfied with much smaller amounts.

Anyhow, I hope everyone has a great weekend and that all the WIs next week are just fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

mmmm Im not having such a great weekend.. feels so hard, cos I guess I have been so bold the last few months, eating what I want,when I want!!
    Went out for a coffee with my oh, and relented and got a scone, ate half of it, and gave him the rest! he'll gain pounds while I lose them!

Planning on going to the cinema tonight but I intend on bringing low point stuff to munch on.. maybe a packet of velvet crunch and a curly wurley, thats only 3.5 points! no idea what to have for my dinner, want something tasty!

Anyway how is everyone getting on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beerbelly

so far since i joined ww on tue ive been very strict on myself, the only thing is i havent had much time to excercise so im going to try and do as much as i can before tue. i really hope my first wi goes well, it will keep me motivated.
    so far so good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

m'lady wrote: »
    Planning on going to the cinema tonight but I intend on bringing low point stuff to munch on.. maybe a packet of velvet crunch and a curly wurley, thats only 3.5 points!

Best cinema combination going :D Thai flavour!
    One week in WW they did the cinema combo - Large popcorn, bag of minstrels and large coke... What i used to get every time between two.
    41 POINTS!!!
    Haven't touched them since! Diet coke all the way haha..
    Plus, is also the cheaper option, bout €2, €3 now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bettydavis

Well I've just done my third weigh in ..... and I've managed to stay the same despite going off the rails Friday and Saturday:( which is a good thing considering but to make matters worse I skipped the gym on Friday and I'm strugling to motivate myself to hit it today!

I'm not sure if I'm struggling cos I'm doing it by myself at home and maybe I need the support of a class or something.

My starting weight was 16st 4lb and so far I've lost 8 1/4lb but at 5ft 3 I have a long way to go, but I need to do it for my health and more importantly for myself ... as I tend to hide myself behind my weight which is not such a good thing when you a 30 something singleton:D

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to keep motivated or if I'd be better attending classes I'd be grateful for the feedback.

Wishing everyone a good WW week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi BettyDavis,

For me, the turning point and the thing that gave me all the motivation I could ever need was admitting that at over 17stone I had a weight problem that wasn't going to go away. That I was never going to be happy with my weight and if I lost motivation and left WW I would be back next year 2stone heavier trying again!

I have done WW many times before and this time has been most succesfull and it is because my head is in the right place. It's because I think this way and I try and be as positive as I can.

Because of this I have not missed a meeting which I would have done before if I had a bad week, I have lost 3st 3.5lb, gone from 17st 1lb --> 13st 11.5lb, lost 5lb after a holiday (believe me this would not have happened before, before I put 5lb up in 1bad week, not this time) and I know I will get goal.
    If I can do it anybody can!!

The biggest lesson I have learned through all my time at WW is that your mindset needs to be in the right place for losing weight. If you really want it you will suceed. Your determination will make you have more good days than bad.
    You need to just stick with it when its good, bad or ugly!! It works and even if you plateau for a few months you are actively trying to do something about it. Imagine if you totally gave up it would be gains! So just hang in there.

I've had gains, bad weeks, lots of ups and downs but it's how you deal with these things that will stand to you. Just get back on the wagon and turn it around. Even if you do this once next time it happens you will have an example of when you turned things around and this will give you motivation that you can do it, have turned it around before why not again.

Regarding meetings for me they are a godsend, I need my meeting. I love the encouragement I get from my leader and my class. The information and weekly weigh ins keep me on track and I look forward to my class so much!
    I really think you should give them a shot and see if they work for you!

I hope some of that helps as it's what works for me ;)

I second that sentiment about meetings. I could not do this without them.....god knows I have tried. Last week I thought I had done really badly:( but was still down half a pound at WI:D. I came out determined to go at it in earnest again this week. If I had not had a class and WI I would have been back to my old ways again because I had nothing to refocus me.

Hope you start to find things easier as time goes on. Do you have a sweet tooth. I use the sugar free jellies topped with a WW Caramel rice. (1.5 points) Those PINK & White things which are so sweet they even satisfy my sweet tooth. I use lots of soup. Lots of salad, lots of stir fries. As I have said before I am terrified of getting hungry because I am a snack fiend. So I really go for bulking it up on the filling foods bit.

Still looking for snack ideas if anyone has some.;)

beerbelly wrote: »
    so far since i joined ww on tue ive been very strict on myself, the only thing is i havent had much time to excercise so im going to try and do as much as i can before tue. i really hope my first wi goes well, it will keep me motivated.
    so far so good.....

If you have kept to your points you will be blown away by how well you do. Try to get a walk or two in before Tuesday just to jolly the whole thing along. I am really pleased for you that it is going so well. If you are having a bad day just tune in here. I find people saying they lost so much at WI a great motivator when I am felling low.

Will watch for you on Tuesday night or Wednesday. Good luck.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

Hi all
    Another newbie to this thread. I started back doing WW on thursday of last week. Lost 4 lbs the first week, so it was a good start.
    I've done WW before, got to goal about 2 years ago but didn't get by gold card becuase I stopped going straight away. So here I am back again. Doing it myself at home this time. Had to 'hide' my scales after the first week because I was hopping on them everytime I went to the bathroom. So put them in another room and hoping to break the habit and only weigh myself once a week. I'll find out on thursday morning if it works for me.

Good luck to everyone at your weigh-ins

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all!! welcome to all the newbies there are so many now ive lost track so best of luck to you all!!:)

my week has been pretty good so far stuck to my points everyday even had some left over a couple of times, got in a couple of walks and aquafit on wednesday and some major grass cutting on friday it was like a jungle so im counting it as exercise as it was a nightmare trying to get through it all:p:p

Was out for dinner before a party last night and did ALOT of a$$ shaking all night so hoping that adds to my exercise too:D:D

Im a small but hungover today and would kill for a big pizza to cure it but so far ive been resisting it and drinking plenty of water instead hoping i can resist for the rest of the evening now!!

Misspiggy- I also find the pink and whites great for a sweet treat and you can get some with rasberry jam in the middle now too. I put them into the microwave for about 10-12 seconds and the middle melts and goes all gooey they are yummmmmmmyyyyy so give it a try!!:D:D

Anyway WI tuesday so after another aquafit on monday im hoping for a loss this week wish me luck!!!!!best of luck to all this week!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I find people saying they lost so much at WI a great motivator when I am felling low.

i think that too! coming on here is a great way to keep going. i wasnt sure how WW was going to go for me but reading stories on this have really helped out. and so far its been going well for me, in my first week (last week) i was down 4 and a half pounds! cant wait till tuesday now for my second WI!!

Like most here, im a snackaholic! but since starting WW ive been really good, i keep 2 points at the end of every day so i can have a nice big cup of tea and a weight watchers cake/bar. thanks to those little cakes/bars im keeping off my snacking! even tesco light choice cakes/bars have points on them for more variety! :D

good luck girlies and guys!!

but since starting WW ive been really good, i keep 2 points at the end of every day so i can have a nice big cup of tea and a weight watchers cake/bar.

Now there is a thing for me too. I tell myself that I will have a Highlights Hot Choc and a pink and white in the evening time. Because I have that plan I am able to keep away from the goodies in the day. When it comes to the night then sometimes I don't bother.......but knowing I can is great. Go figure!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Wow.
    Was trying to read all the post since I went on hols, think I will need @ week to catch up.
    WELCOME to all the newbies, stick it out you'l love it here.

I had an absolute blast on me oul holiers, walked and swam to beat the band, God bless sunshine, but also ate and drank. Food choice on the whole were good, I shocked myself. So stood on the scales this morn(doin ww on my own) and -7lbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cud of knocked me down with a feather. So, I'm taking 2day for myself, and gonna get back at it 2moro.

Heading back to read a few more posts, gr8 2 be bac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Monday morning again, and I always regret the weekend before my WI this evening! I was good at the start, I earned a good 11.5 activity points on saturday and ate well, went out that night, stuck to bulmers light or vodka the whole night but then I got garlic and cheese chips! :eek: I wasn't even hungover on Sunday, just felt so bad for the chips! I wasn't very good either yesterday because I was down in Wexford so had that "holiday" feeling/excuse.

Just bought a WW sandwich to have for lunch today and Walkers baked. Did someone say before that drinking too much water on the day of your WI will weigh you down?

Also, my friend told me she got a weight watcher pizza in dunnes. She said it was nice, about 6 or 7 points for the whole thing. Has anyone ever tried it? I went to buy it but I don't think they had any left.

felinefeelins - are you saying you lost half a stone on holidays?!! that is crazy! well done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement