Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello peoples..

How is everyone this monday!! I was having an ok week then sat came with alot of alcohol and sunday came with a massive hangover...but its monday again and iv a few days off so im hittin the gym with a vengence!! :D:D my body really needs the work out..!!

Hope you all had a good wkend n a good week ahead..!!

Im hoping i can pull it back togerther for WI on Weds!! :D:D xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi Everyone

I was down 0.5lb on Saturday so I got my first silver 7 delighted with myself as I had a dreadful week!

Gonna have a boozefree week and do my walking hopefully I will get a big loss this week!

On Saturday it was a year to the day my friend is getting married (she got her first silver 7 on Saturday too!) i'm her bridesmaid so motivation is higher than ever!

Hope all is well and well done on all the losses!

Shelly- your doing amazing if you get your 4lbs will you get your gold card?

xxx

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Woohoo! lots2lose:D. Isn't that a great feeling? I swear I have not been as chuffed in years. My WI night is Wed. So hoping for a two pound week this week as have done everything right so far.

Of course Shellybelly I have the social life of a nun in an enclosed order,(Three small kids and no babysitter) so boozy nights out are a distant memory. I suppose there is a silver lining to every cloud.:cool:

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Hi all,

Just back from holiday and catching up with everyones posts. Well done for al the losses and my god, hats off to those who lost while on holiday.

I had a really great week in Prague, we walked miles each day and my food chises were quite good but I really did hit the beer (and have to say enjoyed every drop) So it will be touch and go for WI. With the beer was well over my points each day but my only saving grace is the walking. If I am totally honest I do not regret it and if I have a gain I wont be to happy but will deal with it.
    Yesterday after we arrived back in dublin I ate like a pig all day but thats in the past and I am back on track today. Aqua fit tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Welcome to all the newbies!
    Congrats to all the losses, amazing weight losses for been on hols :)

Was up a lb on thurs which I expected, anytime I have a drink at the weekends I seem to be up :( but Im workin on it.

Had a good week until sat night overindulged and den on sun again, but back on track now !!!

Well done carolinesprings sounds like u did really well on your hols, fair play;)

Ive my hols in 3 weeks so 3 more weigh ins hopin to get my next silver 7 before then , heres hopin !!:p

And shellybelly ur doin gr8 ur hol weight will be off in no time, chin up sis Ive every faith in ya :)

Good luck to everyone this week at WI , onwards and downwards hopefully:cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here in ages! I've got exams next week so have been studying loads and have been neglecting my WW. I also haven't been to aquafit in a couple of weeks and it's going to be another couple of weeks before I go :( I'm on study leave this week so will find it hard being at home with a full fridge, but I'm going to try and stick to eating at the same time as I would if I was at work.

I'm going to go for my WI tomorrow, I didn't go last week and won't be going next week and if I don't go tomorrow I know things will just go way out of hand!

I'm struggling at the moment with willpower in a BIG way. I will have great motivation at the start of the week, but come the weekend and it all goes out the window. The takeaways are sneaking in regularly again, mainly because I haven't been going out at the weekends, so I'm thinking I deserve a treat :o. Plus, I'm getting bored with cooking the same stuff over again, I really need to dig the WW recipe books out!

Also, my boyfriend is doing WW with me, and I thought that would be a big help but, in fact, it's actually a bit of a hindrance!! The last time I was doing WW I was doing it on my own and he was so supportive and encouraging and if we were eating in or out together he'd go for the lighter options like me. However now, because we're both kinda depriving ourselves, we often end up having a bit of a splurge together and are of the mindset that if one of us is going to be bad, we might as well both be, and then if we both do badly at the WI, it won't be as bad as if just one of us did!!! We've spoken about it in the past couple of weeks and are really trying to change.

I just feel like I keep making excuses and I have to get back to as motivated as I was at the start. I know once my exams are finished I will have a huge weight off my shoulders so I think that will help me get back on track and focused on losing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Got my WI in moro night, dreading it! been really good all week and stuck to my points, and been walking a lot, bar sunday (lazy day!) on the aul TOM at the mo, so feel a bit like a barrel of water right now and im assuming its going to effect my WI slightly moro. :( but ill get over it.

good luck girlies and guys! you're all doing so well, im well proud! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

Well, I'm thoroughly motivated after reading everyone's posts for the last few days. Had an alright weekend but had a few drinks Friday and Saturday night and that is the killer for me. Anyway, will keep the chin up! Had a very good day yesterday - vegetable soup is a godsend. Had vegetable stew for dinner then and didn't even bother with the Pink and White that I would normally have because I was so knackered after a long hilly walk. Have two bold weekends though coming up. Music gig this Sat night and not sure that they will have vodka/lite beer and then loads of friends visiting the weekend after. Going to cook dinner at home for them and at least that way I can be sure of exactly what I have eaten!

Have a good week ladies and gents!

Hey Bedhead, since you have lots of advance notice why don't you try to save a point a day and get an extra point from excercise each day. I know that is a big ask but it would give you 14 points for your weekend bouts. That should be a big help. Even if it doesn't work out everyday having the plan means it will work on some days. But definitely enjoy your pals etc. Can't let life slip by while losing a few pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey everyone!

welcome to all the newbies & welcome back to everyone who's been away for a wee while :)

i'm doing fantastic at the moment i lost 2lbs last week i'm absolutly delighted i can smell goal again :D yippeee here i come gold card!!!

have to give a HUGE well done to jacqui for those 5lbs lost on holiday that's a bloody achievement talk about dedication.

i'm heading back to scotland on saturday for a week & there's always lots of temptation not to mention the boozing that happens but i've looked up the local class in my mam's village & i'm going to go :) hoping to be down 1.5lbs this week then i'm right back on track but we'll see if i'm down anything i'll be delighted anway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

Hey Bedhead, since you have lots of advance notice why don't you try to save a point a day and get an extra point from excercise each day.

You are completely right - am trying to that at the moment! Lots of exercise and veggies. Thanks Miss Piggy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hi all

I started back counting points last Monday and was really good all week. Im training for a marathon so exercise most days. My first weigh in yesterday was a bit of a disappointment as I only lost 2 lbs. Now I know any loss is a good one but I've tried WW many times and each time I tend to lose 4 or 5lbs the first week back. I made such big changes and feel I didnt see it reflected on the scales.

Anyhoo after a very very tough day yesterday (cravings for chocolate driving me looney) I'm still here battling on.

Best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Down another 2.5 lbs at my WI last night. So happy! That's 8 pounds since I rejoined 3 weeks ago!

I really wanna get a stone by my 21st, ( 3lbs a week ) so I am going to do kickstart this week. It will be tough because I normally earn and use a lot of activity points but they aren't included in the kickstart.

I went out for a long run this morning before work and I am going to do core attack class this evening and then go out for a walk. Match tomorrow evening and then I'll do the same as today on thursday. I'll go for a run friday morning too but Friday evening we are having dinner and drinks and going out for my friends birthday so that will soak up the points. I have to then try and be good the rest of the weekend for my WI on Monday.

I am really happy at the moment, I remember the week before I rejoined WW I was getting really depressed about my weight and then everything else was depressing me unnecessarily but now I feel great because I am going in the right direction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all!

Had my WI this morning and I stayed the same. I know its better than a gain but I am really disappointed as I was genuinely good all last week because I know this week is gonna be a killer as its my birthday on Saturday and I plan on thoroughly enjoying it:D:D I am going to have my cake AND eat it too:D:D

Have to say congrats to all with losses this week there are some huge ones especially those with losses after holidays I dont know how you managed it but really well done!!!!!!

siobhanoh- I had one of those WW pizzas a while back to try and combat my dominos craving and it was a bit of a let down to be honest. there was hardly any tomato sauce on it so it was very dry, quite scarce with the toppings and obviously there was not a huge amount of cheese either. I had one with chicken and peppers I think on it so i added tomato puree and some mushrooms to try bulk up the topping bit. It was ok but not something id be running out to buy again. Id rather make my own with a tortilla wrap instead!

ibarelycare - if i was you i wouldn't be worrying too much about WW right now your stressed enough as it is with study!!you can always get back on the wagon when the exams are over so don't be too hard on yourself!!best of luck with them and hope to see you back at aquafit when its all over!!
    best of luck to all with WI's this week!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

As Expected I was up at my WI Last night, but only by 1lb so It wasnt too bad and Its motivated me to do well this week so here's hoping!!!!!! :cool:

Just back from my second WI, down 4 n a half pounds!! thats a total of 9 pounds, in two weeks! im delighted, got my little silver 7 n all :D

hope everyones doing well so far this week!

Just back from my second WI, down 4 n a half pounds!! thats a total of 9 pounds, in two weeks! im delighted, got my little silver 7 n all :D

WooHoo Edgedinblue that was the business!! Well done.

Aw thankies!! im so happy, weeeeeeeeeeeee!! :D i hope your doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

Just back from my second WI, down 4 n a half pounds!! thats a total of 9 pounds, in two weeks!

Wow,that's amazing. Well done

Thats really fab, keep up the good work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 paulam10

wow edgedinblue. that's great work!! i've been at ww on and off for years and just started counting point again last friday! hopefully i'll loose something although i doubt i'll be near as successful as you!!

not at all paul! ive done nothing special in the last two weeks bar an hours walk every night (well nearly every night) and ive stuck to my points, ive even had a chinese (and in the process of debate if i should get one tonight or not even though ive already had dinner) but you can do it if you stick to your points and grab a walking buddy you'll be flying in no time!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Went to my WI last night and was glad because I was down 2.5lbs :) Didn't expect that so it was a nice surprise! I couldn't stay for the meeting because had to come home and study. Won't be there next week and then there'll be big celebrations the weekend I finish my exams but I'm determined not to be up again in 2 weeks!

Went to my WI last night and was glad because I was down 2.5lbs :) Didn't expect that so it was a nice surprise! I couldn't stay for the meeting because had to come home and study. Won't be there next week and then there'll be big celebrations the weekend I finish my exams but I'm determined not to be up again in 2 weeks!

Well, that is a great result. Well done.

Dont think that I will be down this weekend, after al the booze on holidays. No matter what not going to let it get me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Joining tomorrow! Eeeeeek!

It shouldn't be too bad as I've been watching my diet for a good few weeks now but still! I'm really nervous! Terrified I'm going to be heavier than I think I am :(

Start of a good journey though I suppose... I hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

Hi I am on my 4th week of weight watchers and so far lost 5lbs, I went up half a lb last week and sts this week! I didnt drink water really in the last week but did a good bit of walking and use wii fit. I have just under 7 stone to loose until I get to goal seems so far away. Any advance on how to pick things up and help keep me going?

:D:DHi All! Very excited. Lost 4.5 lbs this week. Have to say the week went like clockwork. Excercise everyday and on or under points every day. I have not seen 11 stone on a scales since 2005 so I am a happy girl.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Well done misspiggy40,ibarelycare, edgedinblue, siobhanoh and everyone for the great losses this week!

jo0380733, well done for keeping with it, just stay the course and try not to think of your overall goal. You don't have 7 stone to lose...you only have 2lbs! Try to think of the short term goal first, your first 7lbs. You are nearly there! Women's bodies are complicated things and everything from waterweight to thyroid can play a part. Just keep onwards and downwards, it'll pay off eventually.;)

I'm just back from my WI, and after being up last week, turns out it was waterweight cos I'm down 3.5 this week and delighted. That makes 7.5lbs so far...was I supposed to get a "silver seven" or something? My leader didn't really mention anything about acheiving the first goal, just said well done.
    TBH, I'm finding the meetings a bit like school, the leader is a bit like a stern teacher. It's the nearest meeting though. Am I missing out do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Eviledna,

Well done so far, yes you should have gotten a silver seven.

To be honest from my experience you are missing out. Some leaders have very big classes and in my opinion are not personal enough with each member.

I have done my rounds and been to 5 different meetings and all are very different! So maybe try a different one?

If you are located in north dublin I could recommend a few??

J x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

Hi All,

I got my gold card last year :). But sadly:( I stopped attending and the weight is creeping back on.
    I started tracking again today, the start of the new me.:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement