Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello all havin posted in a couple of weeks..!!

Well done to everyone on the losses and again welcome to all new posters to many to mention :D

Well since my hols still not completely back on track..Lost 2lb last week...and this week av had two blow out days so really wont be expecting much on weds..!! Headn to gym today and tamo to give myself a kick in de back side i need!!

No plans yet for weekend so gonna really try an increase the exercise and decrease de chocs for next week..!!

Best of luck to everyone WI..!!

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Well I haven't had a great week since my last WI last Monday. I intended on doing the kickstart but the lack of activity points was killing me so I went over 18 points a few of the days but I was still doing a lot of exercise (I've discovered a new love for long runs at half 5 in the morning!!) so I thought it might cancel out a bit. Then on friday night I was going out and I had nothing to wear so I said I'd chance the ridiculously tight bodycon dress I had bought a few weeks ago and I got it on and closed and with the help of a safety pin it stayed closed! I was delighted with myself because it was much smaller than any of the other size tens from the same label. So on saturday I was feeling awful, didn't eat much until I completely caved and decided to get a meal for four from dominos between me and my friend! I have to say I felt so bad after it but it was worth it. The two of us put in a serious gym session yesterday morning and I stuck to the 18 points yesterday. So I really don't know what way the WI is gonna go this evening. I'm looking forward to the meeting because my leader was away the last two weeks and I really need some motivation!

What days do you all have your WIs? I find its good to have it on a Monday because it sets you up for the week. If it was later in the week I'd probably be bad all weekend thinking I have loads of time to recover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

Hi siobhanoh, well done on your weight loss I think class on monday is a greaat idea I go on wednesdays but it is the only day is is on in my area,

I am finding this week ok I am having a cup of tea with ww choc roll for a treat its 2points but is really nice. So since found them my choc intake has been very low also love ww ice cream in pack of 4 choc and toffee only 1.5 points which is great love them! had one today after dinner. Do a good weeks work out so hope my weight will go down esp after the last two weeks of going up 0.5 pound and sts the other one. Think if I do not my motivation will be gone cause have only lost 5pounds since stated and I am in my 5th week now so if got my silver 7 I will be delighted and will keep me going.

do ye think walking or running is the best weight loss exercise?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

I love running but I find it makes me really hungry and I eat loads of carbs when doing alot of running! It's probably much better for you than walking but when I trying to lose a few pounds I find walking is more effective. Keep it up jo03807333 - a steady pound a week is pretty good weightloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:D:Dfeelin:cool:cool!still in an upbeat mode,got a walk in sat,sun and this eve,it was a lovely evening. working til 6.45 so it was late when i had dinner then went walking,even though you would feel tired you feel much better after a walk! if im not down thurs i`ll eat the scales!.........only one thing,it is TOM at w.e. so yeah it does affect me too! usually the following week is good! cheers!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Just want it to be weigh in day!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Am sticking with points but just want to know if I've lost anything at all! I was in such a plateau and hoped WW would kick start it! Now I'm afraid I'll put on weight! I feel like I'm eating so much!!!

When will it be Thursday!?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Well I was up 1.5 lbs :( but one thing struck me that my leader kind of mentioned about WW being "fair" and its very true. It's not like its a lottery every week when you get up on the scales, if you have worked hard and deserve the weight loss you should get it. I definitely deserved to go up this week as I was very bold most days but I didn't go up by too much because I did a lot of exercise. And this seems fair!

And I have to say, if there was ever a motivation to lose weight its putting on weight! I am more determined than ever to keep going now.

My leader also cleared up something that I never quite got an answer to since I joined WW a year ago: Activity points... I was under the impression that you could use all of your activity points on food but in fact you can only use 12 of them per week. I was earning about 7 a day and eating them so this week will be a challenge to only use 1-2 a day. I think I'll try and save the 12 of them for the weekend anyway.

jo0380733 - Have you tried the cadburys mini rolls, IIRC they are also 2 points and I am a big fan of cadburys chocolate. I haven't seen the WW ice cream before - where do you buy that? Also when it comes to exercise, basically it depends on your heart rate. There is a "zone" that burns the most calories. Jogging keeps you in the zone better but I find super fast walking tones my legs and hips more. Also people tend to be able to walk for longer than they would be able to run so that might help also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 weekendtripper

siobhanoh wrote: »

My leader also cleared up something that I never quite got an answer to since I joined WW a year ago: Activity points... I was under the impression that you could use all of your activity points on food but in fact you can only use 12 of them per week. I was earning about 7 a day and eating them so this week will be a challenge to only use 1-2 a day. I think I'll try and save the 12 of them for the weekend anyway.

Wow, that is interesting - I also thought you could blow them all on food... That explains so much. Thanks for clarifying that for me. My weigh in is later - I'm not feeling hopeful of a big drop at all. I'd just love to go down one pound as that would be a stone in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Wow, that is interesting - I also thought you could blow them all on food... That explains so much. Thanks for clarifying that for me. My weigh in is later - I'm not feeling hopeful of a big drop at all. I'd just love to go down one pound as that would be a stone in total.

You may be surprised :) remember its a new week from tomorrow try to stock up on loads of veg this week and the weight will fall off :) let us know how you get on xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all!

Well I had my WI this morning and to my total surprise I was down another half a lb!!:D

After celebrating all weekend and having given myself a week off I am delighted with that loss and am hoping to add to it next week.Am determined not to let the past weeks eating catch up with me!

A friend joined my meeting with me this morning so we are going to motivate each other and get to goal!!Went to aquafit last night going walking with her tonight and then more aquafit wednesday and then more walking when i can!!!

siobhanoh- I got those WW ice cream tubs in tesco last week they are really nice especially the chocolate one it has a decent amount of chocolate flavour so you really feel like your getting what you want from it.
    thanks for that about the activity points I too thought you could use them all!!!!

Bedhead- Someone at my meeting asked this question this morning, was it ok to eat after you exercised.And I have to say I often feel hungary after exercise myself. She was saying that you can sometimes mistake the hunger feeling for thirst as while you were exercising you would become dehydrated and the hunger feeling is your body looking for a drink basically. she advised us to try having plenty of water first and then if you still feel hungary have a snack.

Best of luck to all this week ;);)

• Advertisement

True enough, itsallaboutme, it could just be thirst but I drink tonnes of water and the hunger is generally not directly after the exercise but just throughout the day. Anyway, thanks for the tip! Will give it a try and see if it works. Although, I have to say, at the moment I am loving a bit of cycling. Its so nice. Pity the weather wouldn't improve a wee bit and it would be even nicer!;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi All. Just back from my exam and it went fine....Exhausted....Really should learn to keep things in perspective......Well at least I can concentrate on WW again. Although I don't think I did any damage this week I doubt I did any good. Would really love to lose a pound as that would be a stone gone and mean that my weight was 10st something:D:D instead of 11 stone something which would be such a kick for me. WI tomorrow evening:rolleyes:. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

HI got the ww ice cream in tesco! and four in a pack so good! think I will keep to walking and will try the cadburys mini rolls sound nice even saying it! have wi 2mor nervous bout it so hopefully will be down.

Also I am graduating from UL next Tuesday excited about that but going for dinner after in castle oaks hotel not sure what to eat!! Was thinkin melon, then salmon and maybe something nice then after since it is graduation!!:) only thing is my wi will be the next day so any ideas what I could do?? Could ask for kids size meals??:confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Your grad is a great acheivement. Enjoy every second. There will always be another WI. You won't win or lose the battle in one night. Very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

not long back from my WI, honestly i thought i had a bad week. ive no idea why i felt like this but i just thought i done no exercise or ate right. even though i looked back on my tracker and everything was pointed right and exercise was counted. went down 2 and a half pound this week. total of 11 and a half over the last three wks!! wahhey! :D

good luck this week guys. youre all doing deadly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

well done edgedinblue,thats good goin! :pkeep it up! feelin positive myself this week,wi not til thurs so fingers crossed!

Congrats Edgeinblue!! Great loss! :D

Thanks guys! after having a big bag of doritos all to myself but i dont care! ill work it off until next tuesday! :D i love treats like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I am now down 35.5lbs... I feel and look like a new person, I have been at this since the end of January!!

Keep up all the good work girls!!

Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. I am off on my holidays on Sunday. Need to keep focused!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 weekendtripper

lots2lose wrote: »
    You may be surprised :) remember its a new week from tomorrow try to stock up on loads of veg this week and the weight will fall off :) let us know how you get on xxx

Had my WI last night - no change, which is no more than I deserved. I only had an ok week, so in many ways I got off lightly.

Also, I'm I the only person who throws the points out the window the night of the weigh in, thinking that it can all be undone in a week. I'm starting to think this plan may be flawed...

• Advertisement

Had my WI last night - no change, which is no more than I deserved. I only had an ok week, so in many ways I got off lightly.

Also, I'm I the only person who throws the points out the window the night of the weigh in, thinking that it can all be undone in a week. I'm starting to think this plan may be flawed...

Hi WT i know exactly what you mean! after WI i always treat myself and start from the following day.. Normally I only allow a treat if im down but obviously if the WI dosent go well all I want to do is reach for the Junk!

You stayed the same which is great aim for a loss things week and fill up on fruit and veg and low point options,Remember sugarfree jelly is 0 points and lots of the WW treats are low - Keep positive for this week and you will get the results you want next week xxx

Quality wrote: »
    I am now down 35.5lbs... I feel and look like a new person, I have been at this since the end of January!!

Keep up all the good work girls!!

Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. I am off on my holidays on Sunday. Need to keep focused!!

35.5lbs :eek: Wow Fair Play quality what an achievment! have you much more to lose ? Fantastic!

haha! I do that too, after my first WI I got special fried rice from chinese, only 10 points! second WI i got the same again. and yesterday, my third WI i had a big bag of doritos! :D

feck it we deserve a night where we dont need to count points on something. and on a tuesday night, after WI i have what i want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Hello der,
    Haven been on in a few weeks my laptop broke :(
    Anyways was down 1lb 2day and half lb last WI its comin off slowly but seems to be stayin off.

Have a new found luv for the wii active works up a gr8 sweat, n Im gettin back into swimmin hopefully signed up to the channel swim !!! :( dunno wat I got myself into , its worth a shot, if I dont make it in time hopefully il loose a bit of weight :)

Welcome to all the new comers hope you find this thread helpful !!!

Down 31lbs so far, slowly but surely its comin off.

Good luck to everyone with WI dis week, Onwards n Downwards :D:D

lots2lose wrote: »
    35.5lbs :eek: Wow Fair Play quality what an achievment! have you much more to lose ? Fantastic!

I want to lose another stone and a half, I am giving myself til christmas to get it off.

I know it is going to be a bit harder to shift this last stone and a half...

But I am gonna work my arse off to do it!!:D:D

I never thought I would get this weight off, It has been easy though!!

That is so impressive Quality! Do you find (or anyone else for that matter) that they are really impatient to get the weight off now that they have decided to commit and actually lose some weight?! I've been on WW now for about 4 weeks and I am happy with my progress so far (8 pounds) but I want the other 16 pounds to be off now! It's not that I am worried I will just give up as I am really motivated, it's more that I can see the results of what 8 pounds less does to my body so I want to see what it will look like when all of the weight is gone! I suppose I am one of the "Here's one I made earlier" generation who likes instant results:rolleyes:

Yes Bedhead, I know exactly what you mean.

At the start it was very daunting to me to think that I had to lose 4 stone, It was a shock to me on my first weigh in. I was like How the F*** am I going to do this!!

But WW is not a quick fix for me, This has to be a total lifestyle change, I cannot go back to my old habits.

I am taking my time doing this and once something comes off everyweek ie 1/2lb or a 1lb I am happy.

Hi back from WI and I am down 3.5 pounds this week so happy got my silver 7 today!!! :D So down 8.5 pounds so far. Ya I feel I want to be at goal now but really will take ages but as someone posted before it is better to think of the next 2 pounds ahead for you to loose I am 2 pounds off my 5% so 2 pounds is my goal for next week anything else be great!!

Ya love the wii I use the wii fit its great!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

woohoo!
    after a gain of 4.5 pounds last week, i lost 5.5 pounds this week.

am so delighted.

i was great all week, stuck to my points, but i didnt do any exercise, so i wasnt expecting to lose that much.

thats a total of 4 stone 10 pounds lost so far.

onwards and downwards!!

• Advertisement

Oh my god! 112 to to go! That is amazing! Congrats and keep her lit!!!! ;D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement