Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

thanks a million!

am delighted, i think the gain last week gave me a kick in the ass to get back on track and just cop on generally.

if i lose 2 pounds a week on average between now and christmas i'll be just over 12.5 stone for christmas, which would be fab, i havent been that weight in about ten years!

at the moment im hovering between a size 16 and a size 18, mostly a 16 but ive a few 18s that fit and likewise a few 16s that dont.

im off on hols in three weeks so im really hoping that i'll fit into all the 16s by then!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi all. A measly half a pound down at WI. I really, really wanted a pound as I would have got my first stone. Boo Hoo!! Before anyone says a loss is a loss I do know that but I am still disappointed. I wanted my little piece of bling. (foot stamping!!)

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

misspiggy40,14 measly half pounds is half a stone! think of it that way,my wi 2 moro so heres hoping!:)

Actually you are right. I feel better about it this morning. I was shocked by how well I did last week so it is just evening out I guess. Good luck to all for the WIs.

Just one pound this week and I will be half way. Have to work at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello der just catchn up on weeks posts...well done on all the losses...:D

Midwife wat a great loss so far...slowly is the best way...Proud of ya sis..:)

Iv been stuck in a rut for few weeks now...piggin out and just not trackin proper at al.. But since monday iv been very good... was up half lb which was great considerin it shud have been more..!! Iv decided to try my very bestest to have a good week and to get abck to exercisin..Iv been in gym all week an shall be goin later and tamo..!! of wrk on hols from sunday so gym shall be my new best mate :D ..Also planning ahead with my meals..gonna track in advance as much as i can!!

11lb to goal now after all my messin..was only 4lb 6 weeks ago..Cant dwell on that gonna try stay positive and get thru!! Hopefully be at goal for my 21st end Oct!! Heres hoping!!

Best of luck to all WI..!!...Onwards and Downwards..!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

Well done everyone:D
    My god "112 to go" you are doing great. How long have you been on weight watchers? Do you mind me asking what was your start weight mine was 17 stone 3 pounds and now 16stone 8.5 pounds in 5 weeks so happy with that.

started week 6 today and have 50 penny sweets:eek: a while ago no idea how to point that!! The kids love them also, they are still eating them but trying to stop myself now so will do house work!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

Hi, looking for a bit of help. I need to start eating more dinners. Am allowed eighteen points per day and have about 5-6 left over for dinner time. Problem is i am usually too lazy and tired to cook one. Can anybody suggest some simple dinners in that points range. I want to stay away from preprepared stuff. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

JMULL wrote: »
    Hi, looking for a bit of help. I need to start eating more dinners. Am allowed eighteen points per day and have about 5-6 left over for dinner time. Problem is i am usually too lazy and tired to cook one. Can anybody suggest some simple dinners in that points range. I want to stay away from preprepared stuff. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

JMULL -One of my favourite dinners for only 2.5 - 3 points:

Chop up garlic, ginger and chili peppers
    Fry these in the one cal spray with a chopped chicken fillet
    Use the fajita powder (the Old El Paso one, i think a small sprinkling is enough and it is between 0 and .5 points)
    make a big salad and put the cooked chicken on top
    Use balsamic Vinegar as your dressing.

The different flavours are amazing and its really filling but if you have another 2 or 3 points to spare you could cook 100-150g of low fat chips. You'll be very satisfied after that.

Really quick one, you can use chicken, salmon or pork steak here, but you would need to work out the portion points.

One teaspoon of honey (Half point)
    Good dash of Soy sauce (0)
    Red/yellow Peppers, garlic, courgettes, onions, mushrooms. As much as you like. (0)
    Chicken Breast (2.5 points)
    Cut meat real thin. Stir around in your sauce. Fries in five mins.
    If you get the chance to make this up in the morning or even a half hour before the flavour is brill.
    Lots of salad

Bowl of Zero jelly plus a ww caramel rice 1.5 points

Below 5 points and full as a tick.

jo0380733 wrote: »
    Well done everyone:D
    My god "112 to go" you are doing great. How long have you been on weight watchers? Do you mind me asking what was your start weight mine was 17 stone 3 pounds and now 16stone 8.5 pounds in 5 weeks so happy with that.

thanks jo.

my stsrting weight was 19stone 10.5 pounds :eek: im now 15 stone and half a pound.

ridiculous i let myself get that big

ive been doing WW since last october

the first 2.5 stone came off quite quickly - 3 months, but ive slowed down since then.

in all the time though, ive only gained on 4 or 5 weeks, which isnt bad going, i think.

its an average loss of 1.5 pounds a week, which is fine.

have a good bit to go yet unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

well done 112. Great going.

Shelly, Keep going you are doing great.

As I guessed I was up. Thankfully just a pound. It could have been a lot worse. I still dont feel guilty about my blow out (not sure if that is good or not)

Next week I WILL be down. Sometimes you have to go up to go down. So a fresh start tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Good woman Caroline, you shouldn't feel guilty about the blow out (Lord knows I'm heading for one tomorrow!)

You have to live your life too!! From what I can tell, what you said is certainly the truth. Sometimes you have to go up to come down, and your up was a teeny tiny up!

Best of luck with this week!

DWG x

Good woman Caroline, you shouldn't feel guilty about the blow out (Lord knows I'm heading for one tomorrow!)

You have to live your life too!! From what I can tell, what you said is certainly the truth. Sometimes you have to go up to come down, and your up was a teeny tiny up!

Best of luck with this week!

DWG x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Hi All,

First time on this thread - only stumbled accross it this week - it's great!

I've been doing WW for about a year and a half now and have lost 5st 9.5lbs. I'm a world away from where I was when I started and feel great for it!

Like all of you, I've had good weeks and bad weeks. I usually have a run of about 3 really focused weeks, then a couple of so so weeks before I try and get back on track. But am going in the right direction slowly but surely!!

I've about two stone left to lose to get to my target weight and cannot wait! If really focused I'd love to get there for Christmas - but even if I've another stone gone by then I'll be happy!

My god "112 to go" you are doing great well done I hope I can do as good as you. A I no I cant believe I got so big but at least we are doing something about it. Three months is excellent for the 2 and a half stone down. Did you excerise every day? I am doing every second day most of time when kids go back to school going to walk every day then with the dog I have a one year old shar pei called Hettie she is fab! She goes for short walks in between the big ones!

Hi "ya-what-now?" a year and a half and you have lost 5st 9.5lbs well done its great.

"carolinespring" dont worry I pound up is not bad just keep going bet you will lose it next week.

Ye all really help me keep going. Thanks

jo0380733 wrote: »
    My god "112 to go" you are doing great well done I hope I can do as good as you. A I no I cant believe I got so big but at least we are doing something about it. Three months is excellent for the 2 and a half stone down. Did you excerise every day?

to be perfectly honest, i did no exercise for the first 4 or 5 months. i know its recommended, but i just hated the thought of it and the weight was coming off anyway.

then after about 5 months i joined curves and that helped too.
    havent gone in the last month as i had an op on my foot (long story!)

i should be back going in a week or two, and have signed up to aqua-aerobics too starting sept.

the feeling of actually doing something about y weight instead of burying my head in the sand is great, i feel in control at last.

good luck yourself, you're doing well so far - keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

Eeeek! Am weighing in tomorrow morning and while I have been quite good since Sunday last week, I don't feel as if I have lost anything. Every other week I could feel a difference - so keep all fingers crossed. Am motivated to keep going though after reading all the recent posts here!

Hey bedhead best of luck tomorrow:) if you been good you should be fine dont worry and if you up, dont worry about it, it will make you even more likely to loose more the next week, let me know how you get on,

112 to go, god no excerise and lost that much your great you must of really stayed on tract with your points, have loads of kids in house today and find myself eating more now today cause they want pop corn and stuff and find myself eating some:eek: and they are ere for a sleep over so hope I can start been good going to do them fruit salad in a while!

Hope everyone keeping well

jo

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

Thanks jo0380733 for the bit of encouragement! Just weighed in - and lost 2 pounds! Gobsmacked. I really thought I would have been at the same weight or maybe up a bit. Anyway, very pleased:D 10 down now. Have a lovely weekend everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:Dglad 2 report 3.5 lbs down on thurs,at weddin yesterday,went a bit overboard! ok 2day so far,40 birthday 2nite 4 a friend.............keep ye posted,life has to be lived too!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eilyducks

Down 4.5lbs after a two week holiday!!! So shocked! Hope everyone is having an excellent weekend!

Great to hear all these losses! Congratulations everybody! :)

Oh Dear! Things have gone to pot with me this week. Nothing I can put my finger on but no good day so far this week. Motivation level on the floor.Any hints? Help!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi All! i was up 1lb this week :( gonna really push this week i want a loss next WI!!! hope everyone is having a great weekend x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Oh Dear! Things have gone to pot with me this week. Nothing I can put my finger on but no good day so far this week. Motivation level on the floor.Any hints? Help!!:(

same as myself so! fell off the horse this week, feeling really sick and clogged up and just went straight for a takeaway last night as comfort and i regret it horribly. its lashing outside, and im finding it really hard to motivate myself to go anywhere. WI is tuesday, i really wanna do good this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi people...

Glad to hear some great losses this week...my weeks going well..

I went over points last nite but it was al low fat treat and 3 coors light it couldve been way worse ya no..!!:D

Iv been back in gym to so hopefully if i can stay on track til weds I should hopefully have a loss..I tracked in advance this week and im finding it a great help..Hopefully gonna do it next week too!! :D:D

Hope everyone is having a great week..!!

Onwards and Downwards :D:D:D:D

Still searching the floor for my motivation. Maybe I am just not going to find it today at all. Best I can hope for is to keep out of trouble. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Thanks Edgedinblue.......amid all the happiness it is good to have a fellow struggler. Hope you feel better really soon.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭acmj2007

Hi
    well done on the weight loss:)
    Can I join?
    joined WW 3 weeks ago, I have lost 10lb so far, hoping to lose another 30lb
    well that's the plan;)
    wondering if you can help me? how many points in G&T with slimline tonic?
    leader says 1 point, friend says 1.5 points for regular pub measure?
    thanks!

Still searching the floor for my motivation. Maybe I am just not going to find it today at all. Best I can hope for is to keep out of trouble. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Thanks Edgedinblue.......amid all the happiness it is good to have a fellow struggler. Hope you feel better really soon.;)

Having such cravings for rubbish today. Horrific. Absolutely starving, but only hungry for rubbish! Anyone ever had that feeling! It's not hunger hunger, but junk hunger!!!

Someone keep me away from my car or I will go and buy every packet of crisps and a large bag of malteasers in my local shop... :(

• Advertisement

Woohoo! It's great to have an good wallow! Don't forget though it is only allowed for 24 hours. Tomorrow morning it is back on track........meanwhile leave a bag for me!!!!;);)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement