Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

well done edgedinblue! you must be delighted! can`t rem who was on about lo-point snacks,pink and whites are brill,and curly wurly so is coco pop bar,1.5 p and v.chocolately! also aldi do a strawberry hi-fibre bar at 2p,filling,chewy and large! oh and cheap,1.79 for 8! still not too bad this week but not as good as last week. have 2 go 2 bed now to be up for 6 and in work by 7,nite nite x;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Had my WI this evening,first stone gone! as of tonight im at a total of 14.5 pounds in just 4 weeks.

Way to go Edgedinblue!!:D That is so fab!!:D Especially not feeling so good because we all know that it is easy to reach for the comfort foods. I am hoping for just half a pound tonight to make my stone. You know I had a bad start to the week so hoping I did enough since Monday. Fingers crossed.

Well done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

Hi to everyone who is new!!

Had my graduation yesterday in UL was great day weather was good :D

WI today and not feeling good about it I feel i should be down but when I weight myself this morning on wii fit I was up 1.6kg like my god!!:eek: But had a big dinner yesterday and have not done any walking or dat since saturday so all my fault really did 10 mins of weights on sunday but sure that not great! so I was wondering should I give WW a miss this evening or go in and face my gain??? unsure on what to do just not looking forward to hearing you have gone up bit depressed bout it and mad with myself over it 2 :(

Oh Jo don't miss your meeting. First, you never know what your weight will be when you go. Second, in all the talk this evening there could be one titbit that really helps you next week. Also the going is a habit and missing classes when you are unsure could get to be a habit too.

Just remember, your grad was a great achievement and took lots of work. You are well able for this if you apply the same determination. Also some weeks will be easy and some will be hard but the result will be worth it.;)

Good luck. This is a new day and the WI starts a new week.

Thanks, If dont go that is true I might not go again and dont want that happening. Will face it this evening and see what happens just feel sick with worry. Will post when home this evening and let you know how I get on fingers crossed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

*jo0380733* - You could be very surprised. I was really considering not going to my meeting on Monday because I was convinced I had gone up for the second week in a row and turned out I had lost 3.5lbs! My weighing scales is in kilos too and I find I can fluctuate between 1-2 kg a day depending on the time of the day and if it was before or after dinner etc. And even if it is an up week, you deserved it because of your graduation. Going to the meeting will help you be more motivated to lost it next week! Good luck!

Good for you Jo. Will watch out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

jo0380733 wrote: »
    so I was wondering should I give WW a miss this evening or go in and face my gain??? unsure on what to do just not looking forward to hearing you have gone up bit depressed bout it and mad with myself over it 2 :(

jo,
    firstly congrats on your graduation!

secondly - GO to the meeting!
    i've skipped weeks once or twice when i thought i was going to be up, and i feel its a bad idea in the long run. if you skip a week, the time between meetings seems very long and it can be hard stay focussed. plus, theres always the temptation never to go back!

harness the disappointment if you are up, and use it as motivation for the next week, thats the best thing to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Yep definitely agree with the others - try and go to your meeting Jo! I've been temped like that before when you're convinced you've gained, and those can be the very weeks you surprise yourself. It's worth finding out where ya stand anywhoo so you can start afresh tomorrow knowing exactly where you stand!

Lost 3.5lbs at my meeting yesterday. Was absolutely delighted. only 1.5lbs to go now to get my 6th stone. Fingers crossed I get it. Going to try and stay focused this week - even though I've got a couple of things on, going to try my best to make good choices!

Lost 3.5lbs at my meeting yesterday. Was absolutely delighted. only 1.5lbs to go now to get my 6th stone. Fingers crossed I get it.

My God that is fantastic. You must feel like a goddess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

That's fab Yawhatnow! Congrats! Wow!

I'm feeling absolutely rubbish. :(
    I've stayed under points everyday except one (which was the wedding) which I've made up for with points. I just feel like I'm heading for a gain. Truly. It's only week 2 and if I have a gain I'm going to be so upset. I know I have to keep plugging away at it but I'm really finding it hard...

I'm below points everyday, which maybe is the problem. I know you're meant to eat as close to your points as possible, and this is a struggle I've had since I've started.
    *prays for a loss, not a gain*

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi, I am an oldie to this thread but haven't been around in a while. Tbh, haven't been around WW in a while either! But I went back couple weeks back. Disaster but I am glad I did it. Anyhow, I figure I might need some support from you guys over the next while so just wanted to say hello.

Well done on going back PinkChick, sure at least the important thing is ya went back. It'll give ya a bit of focus and you'll be back in the swing of things in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

You know the roll of fat under your boobs? Like a 2nd belly???...... if I was to join weight watchers would I eventually get rid of that roll?? Ive about 4 stone to loose so obviously most of it is fat but just wondered.....

Oh yes, I know that roll alright!!! I can't say if it is the excercise or the lower fat diet but mine has diminished. I was like the goodyear logo. On the down side my boobs have also diminished....on the up side....yahoo!!....I can now get into a beautiful dress that I couldn't wear to a wedding in May as said boobs were obscene. Go figure.

Join us anyhow. You will be amazed at how much better you feel about yourself in a short length of time.

That's fab Yawhatnow! Congrats! Wow!

I'm feeling absolutely rubbish. :(

dwg I am so sorry you are not feeling so hot. But to be honest I am also concerned. In my second week I felt incincible! Are you constantly hungry or dissatisfied? Are you feeling unwell?? Make it your biz to have a good chat with your leader if it is either of these....that is what she is being paid for. Are you using enough filling foods? Can you keep a couple of points each day for a really yummy treat so you feel good about yourself finishing up?

If you feel bad you won't continue and then you will probably feel worse. Find the root cause. If you have any idea what the prob might be post it up. You know we all have crappy days so let us help.....believe me we are all on the same hilly path!!!

Good luck and lots of hugs.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

just back from weigh in and i lost three pounds this wk!

am totally delighted.

that brings my total loss to 4stone 13 pounds, hope to reach (and maybe even pass) 5 stone next week.

well done to all those who lost this wk.

if you've gained, use it as motivation to spur you on next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

dwg I am so sorry you are not feeling so hot. But to be honest I am also concerned. In my second week I felt incincible! Are you constantly hungry or dissatisfied? Are you feeling unwell?? Make it your biz to have a good chat with your leader if it is either of these....that is what she is being paid for. Are you using enough filling foods? Can you keep a couple of points each day for a really yummy treat so you feel good about yourself finishing up?

If you feel bad you won't continue and then you will probably feel worse. Find the root cause. If you have any idea what the prob might be post it up. You know we all have crappy days so let us help.....believe me we are all on the same hilly path!!!

Good luck and lots of hugs.;)

Thanks Miss :)

I'm having a dodgy time in general but just feeling the food more so this week! I think it's just because this isn't really my second week, I've been relatively strict with food for about two and a half months now, watching what I'm eating. WW I've been doing for the two weeks. Wish I felt invincible! I think it's that frustration we all get after a while of being good! I'm having my wee treats and all! Just a bad week I guess! :)

Cheers for the support
    DWG x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

well done to everyone!!
    i just messed up, had an extremly large takeaway! :( i now feel horribly bad and like a balloon. back onto the wagon first thing tomorrow morning and a good hour walk me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hey All,

Haven't been on boards for a few weeks. Had a few short trips away which was basically my Summer Holidays for this year. Didn't track but kept up the exercise.

Back from weigh in tonight and was up 1.5lbs. On top of the 1.5lbs I put up 2 weeks ago that's a total gain of 3lbs for August.

To be honest I was expecting worse, so I was quite happy.

Completely motivated again and back on track for making my goal by my birthday at the end of November.

• Advertisement

Hi All.

After the rockiest start to the WW week I managed 1.5 lbs so I now have 15lbs gone. One more to my 10% goal and almost half way over all. (Guessing I need to lose 31lbs but I haven't discussed a final goal yet as it seems so far away)

I agree DWG, it can be very frustrating but I have just realised that I can only look at the little targets. If I look at the overall picture I get overwhelmed and think I will never get there.

Good luck to all in the WIs this week.

Bye for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi guys, am back on the wagon and today is really my first day tracking. Am doing ok but am starving! Am always like this the first week. Tummy is rumbling away but I will persevere and get back in to it. Am pretty determined. But I am sick and can't go for runs so hopefully that won't screw me up too much. How is everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

Does anybody know how many points in round pitta bread and in oval pitta bread, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

I am starting weight watchers today. Better late then never I suppose. Im actually getting married in two weeks and could have done with loosing 5 stone but I just never got there. Im feeling really cr*p about myself today because its my own fault....anyway I hope to start today to make myself begin to feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itsmytime

Hi all,

I haven't been able to attend meetings for the last few weeks due to work. But I kep up with spinning classes, and walking. So Last night I was dreading going back. I almost didn't go, but I read all the support you guys gave Jo, and that she should defo go. Now the reson I was considering not going was becasue I knew I was up by like 4 lbs. But I bit the bullett and went.

So I was up 3 1/2 lbs :(:(. I was just soooo annoyed with myself. Why am I sabbotaging my efforts to lose this weight??

Anyway, back on the wagon now and very determined to get the majority of that 3 1/5lbs off this week. I'm gonna bust my bum to get it off!! I do spinning class twice a week and that's a killer. Now I am just going to do Gym on the other days and get out walking after lunch for a few mins each day. My pedometer won't know what's hit it this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I am starting weight watchers today. Better late then never I suppose. Im actually getting married in two weeks and could have done with loosing 5 stone but I just never got there. Im feeling really cr*p about myself today because its my own fault....anyway I hope to start today to make myself begin to feel better.

Tinnyminnie,

Dont stressover the fact that you have not lost the weight for your wedding. You future husband loves you for who you are. Enjoy your special day and maybe unvail the new you for your 1st wedding anv. I never managed to lose the weightfor my own wedding but hope to be looking a fab for our 5th wedding anv on 22nd dec.
    Eat well and get lots of rest over the next 2 weeks, and enjoy the run up.
    I really envy you, I wish I could do it all again.

itsmytime wrote: »
    Hi all,

I haven't been able to attend meetings for the last few weeks due to work. But I kep up with spinning classes, and walking. So Last night I was dreading going back. I almost didn't go, but I read all the support you guys gave Jo, and that she should defo go. Now the reson I was considering not going was becasue I knew I was up by like 4 lbs. But I bit the bullett and went.

So I was up 3 1/2 lbs :(:(. I was just soooo annoyed with myself. Why am I sabbotaging my efforts to lose this weight??

Anyway, back on the wagon now and very determined to get the majority of that 3 1/5lbs off this week. I'm gonna bust my bum to get it off!! I do spinning class twice a week and that's a killer. Now I am just going to do Gym on the other days and get out walking after lunch for a few mins each day. My pedometer won't know what's hit it this week ;)

Great attitude! Don't worry we've all been there, and sometimes when ya hit a bit of a lull during your weight loss there's nothing like getting a shock like that to get you all motivated again.

A few weeks ago on a week where I expected to have lost a bit I put on 0.5lbs, was really annoyed as I didn't see why I put on. Wasn't really focused the following week, and when I went back the week after I had put on 2.5lbs!! Like it hadn't been a great week, but hell I didn't think it was that bad!

So after that I was like "screw this, I am not comign down here to be dreading the scales", so got myself back into gear and watching the little snacks in the evening etc. In the two weeks since I've lost 1.5lbs and 3.5lbs. So believe me, sometimes being up can be the kick up the a**e that we all need!!

i lost 2.5 pounds I cant believe it!! That is 11 so far so want to loss 3 next week and will have first stone lost!!! Thanks everyone for telling me to go so glad I did.

Hop all thw WI going well. My internet would not work last night but back on again today so all is good.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Well done jo! thats brilliant :)

• Advertisement

jo0380733 wrote: »
    i lost 2.5 pounds I cant believe it!! That is 11 so far so want to loss 3 next week and will have first stone lost!!! Thanks everyone for telling me to go so glad I did.

Hop all thw WI going well. My internet would not work last night but back on again today so all is good.:)

Hey Jo. Really well done!! I bet this week will go really well for you after that triumph.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement