Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 birdie26

Thanks for the supportive comments:D... doing good(ish) so far as in compared to what i use to eat--its a big change and was starving today tho. would usually pick up my favourite 'galaxy' but got a banana instead. I think it just passes when you focus on how you will feel after you eat it or on all the weight you're going to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 29 amoppet

this is a great thread, i've been going to ww since jan, down 3.5 stone but have wasted the summer really, between hols/weddings and nites out! but i've managed to keep off what i had lost and am still going to meetings... wud love to have 5 st gone by xmas so it's time to knuckle back down now and hopefully this will be a great help :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I cant believe it, I doddged the bullet!!!! Down 1.5lb whick is amazing after the week I have had. Cant put into words how happy I am. I was sure I was going to be up.

Hello to all the new folks, Its great here. Well done to all who have lost and lets all keep going, together we can get to goal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:eek:up 1,i knew i would be! no-ones fault only my own!.............does anyone else pig out after wi? whether im up or down,i can`t seem to stop eating on thurs nite,after all 2moro is always the start of a new week!this happens almost every week.:confused:

i meant to say well done to all "THE LOSERS",keep on goin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello all...well done to all on the losses..

I was dwn 1.5lbs this week...which for a good week that i thought i had..kinda sucked...BUt dwn is dwn and I tracked in advance so im determined to do that again this week and hope for best..As im so near to goal the big losses are well and truely over...Going to try some different exercises this week too try and mix it up a bit...!!Funeral yday so startin my new week from today..Hopefully that wont make much difference!!

Hope everyone is havin a good week!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

Am going to WI tomorrow morning and have had a nightmare of a week between work and alcohol-related activities. Am fairly certain that I will have gained but I suppose that is inevitable at some point. I've had 5 consistent losses so sooner or later I am bound to have a bad week! Anyway, have a good weekend ladies and gents:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

well done everyone and thanks for support ye are great,

People are starting to notice that I am reducing in my size and clothes starting to feel loose!! its great!! TOM now again today so hopefully wont find need for choc! I no I said it before but the WW choc mini rolls are sooo good in tesco never see them in dunnes and are cheap for pack but are really saving me on the choc size of things and have two boys so only have treat size sweets in house for them insteat of big packs:) There back to school monday so will have more time to myself and be able to go walking faster!!hopefully!!

good luck "bedhead":)

well done:D "amoppt" that is fantastic hope you get to it for xmas. You must be feeling great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Hello to every1 and congrats to all those who lost.

:)Wel i was good last week I started the fast start and I didn have any drink and lets say I was delighted at weigh in, I was down 4.5lbs :eek: i was chuffed got my 5th silver seven!! I just hope i can try to maintain it. Im away on hols on sun and I just want to maintain some of the 4.5lbs :) wel atleast try! I just couldn believe it I was estactic!! finally seems to be going somewhere.

Good luck to every1 with weigh ins x x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi to all!!
    just wanted to say well done to everyone this week there are so many losses its great!!

to anyone who was up forget it now and move on to the new week use it as motivation for a loss next week.

Also to everyone who has gone back to their meetings fair play!! I know how hard that can be after being gone for a while and to go back knowing you will be up:eek:fair play to you all and good luck with it!!

I am thinking of doing the fast start after next weeks WI wondering if anyone who has done it before has any advise?? did you follow the menus in the booklet exactly or alter them at all? if so how? I know there are some things in the plan that really do not appeal to me at all and would love some alternatives??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

Hi everyone my god 4.5 pounds is excellent well done MIDWIFEnTRAININ anf 5th silver 7 fair play, How long you doing WW? Enjoy hols.

itsallaboutme!! I didnt follow all of the menu, I just take chicken breast and have veg and spuds with it or do beef or that I have to cook dinner for my partner and two boys so I just do low fat stuff, I use the food list then to point it, I love poached eggs, beans and toast 4 points from the fast start can be for supper not just breakfast, just make sure to plan and point things always good to leave 1 or 2 points for the evening snack!!
    I love the spaghetti Bolognese dinner!! I also love multigrain wraps 3.5 points and fill with salad like peppers, cucumber, tomatoes and then water thin ham .5 points and toast it! and small bit of cheese if you like it, and then oven chips are 3 points for 100g of thick cut. Salmon medium steak 3 points and veg and mashed spuds with margarine 60g is 1 point so I would have 3 of them!! That is what I had really on the fast start. O the healthy cooked Breakfast for 4 points is also fab for a sunday morning!! Hope that helps some bit.

Can anyone tell me how much weight do you have to loose to drop a dress size???

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

jo0380733 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how much weight do you have to loose to drop a dress size???

hi jo

ww say that every ten pounds equals a dress size. i havent found this, to be honest. it's more like a stone, in my experience, maybe even a bit more.

i've nearly 70 pounds lost now (one pound more to go) so if ww were right id be seven sizes down - wishful thinking!

i've gone from a size 24 to a 16, so thts 4 sizes. having said taht, i still ahve one or two size 16 stuff in my wardrobe that dont fit, and i still have one or two size 18 stuff that do fit. i seem to be losing weight quicker on top than on bottom, so i get into smaller tops quicker than trousers. (the boobs dont seem to be shrinking though, and i wish they would, sick of having megaboobs!)

anyway, its my birthday soon and im hoping to be a"comfortable 16" by then - ie that there will be no 18s in teh wardrobe and all teh 16s will be comfy on and not require magic knickers or major breathing in to close!

then the next clothes aim is to be in a 14 for christmas, which will be apleasant difference form last christmas when i was in a 20.

jo,i think a stone is equal to a dress size!......ive 16`s and 18`s too in my wardrobe,it often depends on the style or cut of the clothes too,i always say a comfortable bigger size looks better than being squashed into a smaller size because it looks good on the label! i did get to a 14 b4 hopefully i will again.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Same girlies! Have 18's and 16's. Probably still an 18 on bottom, 16 on top but it depends on clothes. Then again I bought a coat in Miss Selfridge that was a 14!?!

Got a denim skirt in Oasis today that was a size 16! Was very pleased, despite my minor gain this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

So weighed in and was up 1.5 pounds. Ugh. I knew I was going to be because I lost the run of myself this week. Back to it now because I really really really want to reach my target weight and I have 11.5 pounds to go to get to it.

BTW I had lost 10 pounds (well before this week) and I certainly hadn't gone down a dress size! It must be more.

My leader reckons 10lbs is a dress size too but I have to say for me it was a bit more Im down 1.5stone and am still between 14 and 16. Although alot of my jeans are gone very saggy round the rear!!:D:D havn't attempted to go buying any new ones just yet as ill feel really dissapointed if im not down one size. jeans are a big deal for me as I have inherited my mams naturally big legs anyway and the little extra i added myself always made it a pain for me to get jeans to fit both my kegs and my waist and skinny jeans are a huge NO NO for me:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello peoples!!

Wel dun Midwife ya deserve it sis..have a brill hol an ul do great i no ya will ;)...

Ok so i strated this week badly...!! Havin been in gym yet and using points i dnt have it sucks...!! And lots of alcohol...!! Gonna try remain good today and gym it tamo,mon and tuesday! I really hope i can try be good for 2nd half of the week..!! An hopefully even stay the same on Weds!!

Bout the dress size...I was an 18 on bottom/ 16 on top...Iv lost 55.5 pounds and now im 12/14 on bottom and 10/12 on top...It really just depends ya no...I never thought of it as if i lose 14 lbs il lose a dress size...i guess ya just go wit it..

Hope your all having a good weekend..!! Starting to pray for myself already :):)...xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone,

I was down 1lb at weigh in on tuesday. So thats 45lb total now, hopefully it will start moving in the right direction again as have been up 1.5lb over the last 2weeks! Really want to get that 50lb certificate!! :P

Have to agree with the girls here 10lbs or even a stone isin't a dress size for most. I think it depends where you carry your weight and where it comes off first, if you exercise etc.. There are alot of factors that come into it I'd say.

If it was a dress size for every ten pounds I should be a 14, if it were every stone I would be a 16.

I am between a 16 and 18 at the moment. My jeans are 16's, work trousers from pennys are an 18 but loose. I could fit things in a 16 e.g. a dress I bought last week but it would have clung to all the wrong bits so the bigger size was better. My tops would be a 16, but bottom half inbetween!

I think it depends on the shop you buy in aswell. The size of clothes used to be a big issue for me but now I am losing weight, looking better and it is only a tag with a number!! Once something flatters you who cares what size it is!!
    After all we all look better than we did before starting WW :p

weighed myself on my own scales12.12,16/18,weigh in about 5lbs heavier on ww scales,anyway the whole thing of ww is gone out of my head again,2 weeks ago i was brill,the 3 w`s,water,walked and wrote(tracked),down 3.5lbs that week and now its just gone again,i really want to lose 1.5/2 stone,how can i get goin again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Snukums

Hi everyone,
    been watching this post for the last few months and it encouraged me to join ww. so i joined last week, weighed in at 13.6 im 5''9, was very disgusted in myself to be honest coz a year and a half ago i was only 10.5 :( but that is wat love does to ya,. i was down 3 on wednesday so i suppose im off to a good start :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Well done and welcome Snukums.:D

Hollyhock, it is only temporary. Everyone has the off times. I had over a week where everything went wrong and then just got started again. Cannot say what went wrong or what put it right:rolleyes:.......just a frame of mind thing. Try not to do too much damage until you get your mojo back. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I think it depends on the shop you buy in aswell.
    Yes, shops and brands will vary, sizes have gotten bigger over the years, i.e. a size 16 might have been a size 14 in the 60's or 70's. It is called "vanity sizing", if you shopped and found 2 pairs of identical jeans, but one said size 12 and the other size 14 then most people would by the size 12.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_sizing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Hello there *waves*

I hope I can ask this question in here, if not, sorry and could it be moved..anyway.. just wondering if anyone does WW online? I get the emails from back home so it's in $ not euros and when I googled WW Ireland it seems to be a program you do at home instead.

My dilemma is wondering if products and stuff they recommend will be too different to stuff available here. I'm pretty keen to follow natural food rather than WW processed foods anyway, but keen to hear of others experiences.

Also I don't see much in the way of WW products, in Tescos anyway - is there a better source for anything I would be after?

I lost 8kgs 2 years ago by calorie counting, but the guide I have is all Oz products, so it's very hard to adapt it. Since living here over 2 years I have gained back the 8kgs and a bit and am very :( I exercise regularly at the gym, but can't do as much as back home, the damp climate just drains my dry air loving body!

Thanks for any input :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ozchick wrote: »
    I lost 8kgs 2 years ago by calorie counting, but the guide I have is all Oz products, so it's very hard to adapt it.
    WW points can be calculated differently in different countries so watch for that. I can't see the problem with calorie counting, 99% of packets here will have the calories listed on them, in tesco almost all their products have them listed, including packaged fresh fruit, veg & meat. It should be very easy to adapt.

I am very surprised calorie counting is not used more, I find it easier than the WW points system, from looking on threads many find it hard to calculate points, while calories are listed right on the packets, all you need is a weighing scale and normal calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

ozchick wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone does WW online?

The UK has a very good online system, and is pretty close in terms of the brands that it has listed since you can get most of them here. If you can't, just find something similar or key in the cals/fat.

Only problem is that you have to enter a UK address. I used my parents address and the site was happy enough, even though my credit card is an Irish one and registered here :pac:

WW own brand products aren't as readily available here as in the UK either. Dunnes have an ok selection but not great. Their products aren't that great though, just handy having the points printed on in big letters :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

i love that little points finder ya get in your folder its so easy to use, cause for the life of me i cant do that calorie thing you do rubadub!

thank misspiggy40 for the vote of confidience! i know i can do it,just to get back to right frame of mind!rubadub,50 calories is roughly a point so thats a handy way of judging,especially when shopping!edgedinblue,that little slide points finder is good but even better is the points calculator,its about 13 euro but batteries last for ever and you can even track the points you use or have left! good luck to everyone for start new week! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

Not a huge fan of the WW foods myself. They're overpriced and often not that nice. M&S have started putting the points on their Count on Us range which is great as the stuff generally tastes lovely. Tesco used to have the points on their 'light' range but not sure if they still do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Thanks all for the tips and rubadub, good point you make about the WW points being different.

I downloaded calorieking 7 day trial software last night on their site, it's a lot cheaper than doing WW online and I agree, can be more specific. I like that it gives you suggested fat/carbs/protein/fiber rations and calculates them for each day. Quantities are one issue to be careful about though and brands differences between countries, though it seems you can customise foods too. On the bright side it may help because you think twice before putting something in your mouth if you know you have to weight or calculate it! :D:p

I find the calories in/calories out thing makes a whole lot of sense and I lost the weight gradually on it. Course someone always will publish something about why it's too simple. *sigh* I guess everyone has an opinion on everything and you just have to figure out what works for you.

We tend to eat out more here so that can be a drag to work it out.

Thanks, will let you know how it goes :)

• Advertisement

Hi all hope everyone had a good weekend!

hollyhock-I have had a bad week this week too,didnt really eat too badly but didnt track a thing all week and then just lost the run of myself all weekend totally just ate what i wanted when i wanted it:(:( I dont know why but I just lost all interest this week.I have WI tomorrow and am dreading it:ohoping i havnt done too much damage.

Regards the ww branded foods I find the dinners are not that great I would rather make the stuff myself. The bars and cakes are quite nice but can be a bit pricey. I find that tesco have a far better selection than dunnes not sure about other places.And the tesco light choices range are great too their ready meals are handy for taking to work and they have the points on the pack too which is handy. The M&S count on us range are by far the best for taste though and they have started putting on the points too which is great.

If I am eating at home I will usually try to cook from scratch but the ready meals come in handy for me for work as I do shift work.

Anyway best of luck to all at WI this week hope it all goes to plan;);)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement