Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

Thanks everyone about the whole dress size think I am going to be between a stone and a half.

Hi to everyone new and well done keep it up!

Got great news today I got a job!!! Graduated from UL on Tuesday last and went for interview on the thursday and got a phone call today offering me the job!!! of course I will be on probation for while but yipeee!!:) Now I just nedd to change me WW meeting used to go at 4 but will now have to go after work finished at 5 so would take half hr with traffic to get to place if not more so then would be the 6 o clock weight in I would say they changed there times last week so hopefully will have it sorted. any one go to it? its the limerick one at the kilmurry hotel??? on wednesday evenings!

Been good this week and had big walks over week end but is TOM but hopeing will still loose some, keeping it in my head tha 3 more pounds and a stone gone!! At 24 I wish I could be getting into all the clothes my friends are wearing but been a size 20-18 not really helping but WW is working and I have two boys who went back to school this morning so finally things working out my colleges years involved hardly no excerise and bad eating like take aways but been very good sine joining and would tell everyone to do it and keep it up! It took time for me to get this big and will take time to loose it finally after getting my head around it even want everything to be lost now I no will take time and this web page is great love reading all posts, bust of luck to any WI today

Jo

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Bedhead

itsallaboutme and hollyhock - am feeling exactly the same at the moment. I had a ridiculous week, last week. Complete binge and today I am CRAVING sugar. It's TOM this week - so that might be it but I don't want to make excuses for myself. I even went shopping yesterday and I tried on a load of gorgeous clothes that would have looked fab but for the fact that they didn't fit and even that didn't give me a kick up the arse...

jo0380733, well done on the job. They are few and far between at the moment! You must be delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Hey guys, sorry to hear you're having a rough week...don't think there's anyone here who's escaped having weeks of carnage, as I like to think of them!

The only way to look at now is to think there's no way of undoing the rubbish week, so all you can do is think about the week ahead. Prepare yourself for the worst when going for WI and hopefully the meeting will help focus you again. Also, you might surprise yourself at WI and it might not be as bad as you think!

I've been relatively good all week, except for a heavy night out over the weekend, but managed to avoid the food afterwards! Fingers crossed WI tommorrow will go alright!

Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

it must just be a bad week for us all, ive had two takeaways and alot of crisps and sweets. WI is tomorrow. but Yawhatnow youre right, think about next week and not what happened this week.
    we're doomed to have a bad week everynow and then.

good luck guys! :) we can do it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

lol, i kinda had a bad week too!

well, i had a bad weekend. weigh in was last wed evening, afterwards i had a healthy dinner and fruit, and was fine thurs and fri.

sat and sun had some crap though, chocolate mostly, and biscuits. had anticipated it though, so had made a good effort thurs and fri, and today i was grand. two good days tues and wed hopefully and i might, just might, break even or if very lucky might be down a pound and get to 5 stone.

fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

You'll get that pound dont worry. wow youre doing so well, when did you start WW? 5 stone has me totally curious now, would love to knock that off myself! :)

when did you start WW? 5 stone has me totally curious now, would love to knock that off myself! :)

i started last october, i'm on week 47 now.

the first two stone or so came off quite quickly, each one since thn has taken longer and longer, but i know i'll get there in teh end.

and once i get there, im damn well staying there!

this weight is not going back on!

thats amazing! well done. youre dead right,once the weights gone its gone for good! :) ive a target of 7 stone myself so its going to be tough especially since im a lazy sodd.

thats amazing! well done. youre dead right,once the weights gone its gone for good! :) ive a target of 7 stone myself so its going to be tough especially since im a lazy sodd.

thanks!

what i find helps is that i dont really think of the total amount i ahve to lose (apart from choosing my username here!) because it would seem so daunting and impossible, and i would just give up and abandon it totally.

so, i break it down into quarter stones. every 3.5 pounds is a mini-goal for me. that way i get "rewards" every few weeks. the rewards can be small, download a new album, new lipstick, etc, but they keep me going.

each time ive lost a stone i go for an indian head massage, facial and manicure, as a big treat. hoping i can make an appointment after wednesday!!

oh that sounds so nice all those treats. i work week by week, cause im the same if i think of the big picture id give up.
    im a big foodie, so my treats are every tuesday night after WI i have a dinner that i dont care how many points are in it, be it takeaway or even just an extra chicken breast! and honestly it keeps me going till the next week. im already after planning out moros dinner and im dying for it. :)

• Advertisement

fair play, whatever works for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:)good luck with the job jo0380733!well done. we must be all havin a bad week cas 2day is officially the last day of summer! so i heard on the radio!so now with just over 16 weeks to christmas,i think we`ll kick some ass and get motivated!we could defo have a stone gone by then!we all have it in us!keep them posts comin,any new ideas greatly accepted!all for one and one for all!..............now where`s dem choccy biccys til i go have a cuppa after that!xx:D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

This thread is just great, I had such a bad week (in a really good way!) and I chickened out of going to my WI last night... And that is after me giving a big spiel last week about how important it is to go even when you think you've gone up but this week was really bad. But then it seems a good few of us had a bad week.

I was good until I finished work thursday evening.
    Thursday - Had the girls over for a film and ate loads of sweets.
    Friday- I got a breakfast roll on my drive to limerick. (used gym in hotel) I had a big wedding dinner with desert and lots of drink.
    Saturday - my 21st so didn't think twice about eating anything! Full Irish in the hotel. Dominos pizza at home before my party. Loads of finger food and a lot of drink. Apache and mcdonalds after (dont ask!)
    Sunday - Carvery, more drinks, garlic cheese chips, more drink, pizza!!!
    Monday - Fajitas in the pub, loads of snacks at my friends debs party...

One of my friends bought me a lipsy dress in a size 10 and I tried it on Sunday morning and it was lovely, fit perfect but when I went to wear it Sunday night I couldn't breathe and had to wear somethin else!

I am ashamed writing all that but it's like confession, once I admit to it I'll do my penance and hopefully be back on track.

I am actually considering going to a different meeting after reading more of the thread, just so I know the damage. And the most annoying thing about not going to a meeting is that I have no tracker for the week!

I'm hoping this week will go well with no hiccups but I think I have to go for a birthday dinner with my grandparents. I'll try save points and make smart choices in the restaurant.

As always, well done to all the losses, so inspirational! Especially those of you who have lost so much weight! Serious determination!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Bedhead wrote: »
    itsallaboutme and hollyhock - am feeling exactly the same at the moment. I had a ridiculous week, last week. Complete binge and today I am CRAVING sugar. It's TOM this week - so that might be it but I don't want to make excuses for myself. I even went shopping yesterday and I tried on a load of gorgeous clothes that would have looked fab but for the fact that they didn't fit and even that didn't give me a kick up the arse...

jo0380733, well done on the job. They are few and far between at the moment! You must be delighted!

Bad week all round is right...I posted on fri thinkin that my good week was startn der but it jus never happened...weds an thurs funeral with fast food and all de usual sandbos etc!! Then Friday i ramdomly went to Belfast and had KFC and crisps and sweets and more drink... Sat I was hungover and had breakfast roll and chinese and finger food at a mates party...!! and sunday i met girls for a night out full of more drink and food...yday i was dying again so just ate watever...and more fast food!!!

I just cudn get back into it..!! WI is tamo i no im up clearly!!Back on track today and been to gym nothing planned for weekend so hopefully can keep the alcohol to a minimum its de only thing that wrecks my food intake :D:D:D

As Hollyhock says only few weeks til xmas and i seroisly would love the few pounds left to goal off b4 den...really need to put this mad week behind me and stay focused..!!!

HOpe everyone else is doing well..!!

Shalll let you all no what damage i did tomorrow!!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itsmytime

Ok, since putting up 3.5lbs last week, I vowed to bust my ass in the Gym, be careful with points, and do as much activities as possible.

So I have done this, it was a real knackering week. I am exhausted now but in a way very proud and feel great!! However I don't think I have lost any weight :( WI tomorrow eve!!

I am hoping that maybe all the work I have put in will show next week if not tomorrow, so I am not going to let it get me down this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope all is going well at wi's for everyone else this week!!

although from reading the recent posts it seems we are all having a crappy time this week i blame the weather,stupid rain making me eat junk food!!!:eek:

siobhanoh- i am totally in the same boat with you this week i chickened out of my meeting this morning after i jumped on my scales at home right before i was due to go to my meeting!!!

it showed i was up at least 2lbs which i was disgusted at and was too mortified to go to my meeting especially after i got my 3rd silver 7 last week:o:o:o:o:o so i went on a good walk instead really pushed myself around my usual route and knocked a whole 10 mins off my normal time and am going on another walk later with a friend so im back on track for this week and am determined to get a loss next week!!:mad:

112togo - that is an amazing amount to have lost you must feel so great about yourself after that really well done;)

jo0380733 - congrats on the grad and the job hope it all goes really well for you:)

Anyway good luck to all this week with WI's and lets all get back on track this week and leave last week where it is!!!!!;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hey everyone,

After putting on 3lbs over 4 weeks I got well and truly back on track this week (apart from a minor blip last night).

Have been to the gym 4 days so far and have earned 24.5 bonus points this week. Managed to run for 30 minutes on the treadmill without stopping yesterday which I was so happy about (my goal is to do 10km in under an hour).

Was minding my nieces last night and went over my points by 8 points yesterday (evil goody press in my brother's kitchen!!!). But back on track again today and have well and truly made up for the blip last night with all the exercise.

Actually looking forward to my WI tomorrow. Would really love to have lost the 3lbs I put on but I don't really feel like I have. Not going to let it get to me, I know I'll get there eventually!

Good luck to everyone at WI this week.

just back from my WI this evening, after all my worrying about eating two takeaways during the week i was down 2.5pounds! delighted! :)

hows everyone getting on?

good luck with your WI's guys and gals!

it has to be the flippin rain! thats whats makin us all go off track!im goin out to dinner with a friend 2moro nite and i don`t mind how many points are in it,im just goin to enjoy it and afew drinks! maybe just bite the bullit on thurs and go to wi,then from fri its exactly 16 weeks til xmas!

well done edgedinblue! how many gone in total now?

• Advertisement

17pounds!! :D im delighted, never wouldve thought that within less then 5 weeks id have even half of that gone! im being cheeky now and it being duuuurty tuesday as i call it, im having a nice takeaway! :)

well done E I B,thats brill,i haven`t that gone in a year! see what you can do when you put ur mind 2 it!keep it up!:eek:

thanks hollyhock! hope your doing well! :)

im so stuffed, damn chipper!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Hey all - congrats on the loss EIB that's fantastic!

I was hoping to be down 1.5lbs this week to get my next stone but unfortunately I lost 0.5lbs. Kinda disappointing as I thought I worked hard enough - went to gym loads, watched my food, but that's life!

Anywhoo, would normally think, oh don't worry it'll deffo show up next week, but I'm off on holidays to the States on Saturday for 8days so I'm really gonna try and not do absolute carnage over there. Really don't want to come back and undo all the good work I've been doing in the last few weeks, coz then it'll be at least October before I'm back where I am now!

Ugh tis not plain sailing is it!?!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi All. Well done on the WIs so far this week. I am in tonight for mine. Had a good week excercise wise and a fair week food wise. Over a bit on a couple of days. Now that the novelty has worn off I am finding it a bit more difficult but have also learned some tricks that make it easier. Hoping for a pound or a pound and a half this week to bring me to my 10% goal which would also mean I had passed my half way mark. Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I have just hung out my washing and it has opened the heavens. Kids are gone on to school and house is quiet as I am off today. This is just the kind of day that I munched my way through last year. Times like this are the biggest challenge to me.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I know what you mean Miss Piggy, miserable weather equates loads of munchies!! I have been really off track the last couple of weeks, just lacked in motivation to be honest. Anyhow I returned to WW this morning and was down 0.5lb, and I expected to be up by about 2lbs! Kinda pushed me that little bit, so I had a big bowl of porridge when I got home rather than the croissant I had in my head earlier on!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Isn't it funny how motivating the meetings can be.:rolleyes: Also a loss can be the best motivator of all!! Well done you.

Have just cleaned up the hotpress to keep away from the grub. Now off to make a gorgeous salmon stir fry which I feel I deserve:D....happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭notso-quiet1

ive just re-joined weight watchers. i am almost 18 stone. i have gone to weight watchers in the past and lost about two stone sucessfully and then college came. i quit ww and slowly began to regain weight. now i am two stone heavier than i was before i first joined! all my own fault i know. anyway i have rejoined and im on a mission to loose about 5 stone. i have a wedding in a few weeks and am looking to be down at least a half stone. ive always struggled with my weight and im still struggling to find motivation. its not so much the points however, ive more than enough of those, its the exercise. the first time i went to ww, i was in school, had pe and played sports outside of school too. now however i have no extra activities and i really hate going for walks, i just hate walking on my own even with ipod etc,i prefare having fun while exercising. So i have two rarely used wii fit games at home and im going to set up a work out regime. a few hours a week to see how this works. This is more a confession in writing to try and motivate myself that bit more. ive seen a few threads on here and am amazed to see how well people are doing at weight watchers. Today i begin and hopefully i can achieve my goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

ive just re-joined weight watchers. i am almost 18 stone. i have gone to weight watchers in the past and lost about two stone sucessfully and then college came. i quit ww and slowly began to regain weight. now i am two stone heavier than i was before i first joined! all my own fault i know. anyway i have rejoined and im on a mission to loose about 5 stone. i have a wedding in a few weeks and am looking to be down at least a half stone. ive always struggled with my weight and im still struggling to find motivation. its not so much the points however, ive more than enough of those, its the exercise. the first time i went to ww, i was in school, had pe and played sports outside of school too. now however i have no extra activities and i really hate going for walks, i just hate walking on my own even with ipod etc,i prefare having fun while exercising. So i have two rarely used wii fit games at home and im going to set up a work out regime. a few hours a week to see how this works. This is more a confession in writing to try and motivate myself that bit more. ive seen a few threads on here and am amazed to see how well people are doing at weight watchers. Today i begin and hopefully i can achieve my goal.

I just wanted to say welcome and that you can do it. You have already taken the first step by re-joining WW. Break it down into small goals and reward yourself with nice (non-food) treats. also enjoy doing this for yourself and your body. You are right about exercising, it needs to be something youenjoy to keep at it. I go to aqua fit and really enjoy it.

• Advertisement

welcome along! hope to hear some nice weightloss reports from ya everyweek!

good luck :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement