Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

hurrah!

i lost two pounds this week so i am now down 5 stone and 1 pound. that means my current weight is 14 stone 9.5 pounds.
    am going on hols at the end of next week so if im really careful i might hit the 14.5 stone mark before i go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

well done 112togo! youre doing amazingly well!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

112togo wrote: »
    hurrah!

i lost two pounds this week so i am now down 5 stone and 1 pound. that means my current weight is 14 stone 9.5 pounds.
    am going on hols at the end of next week so if im really careful i might hit the 14.5 stone mark before i go.

That is wonderful news. Think of all the fun you will have packing your skinny holiday clothes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Snukums

Hey Guys,
    Just back from my WI, wasnt to sure how i was after doing this week, had been good for the most part but i had a few slips aswell! But all that went out of my head wen i stood on the scales and it read -5.5!!!!!!
    I am still in absolute shock but over the moon :D

Well done to everyone on their losses!

wow thats a great loss! share the secret missy! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Snukums

No secret just kept within my points and exercised everyday, i do have my mum right beside me pushing me to keep going which is a huge help :p

That is wonderful news. Think of all the fun you will have packing your skinny holiday clothes!!!

thanks caroline.

i can hardly believe it at times.

i was shopping today and i bought some new clothes, i wasnt buying with teh holiday in mind, i was getting stuff that would fit me in a month or two. but when i got home i was looking at them and thought id try them on just for teh craic, and guess what - every last thing fitted!!

i was gobsmacked. i keppt looking at them and thinking "i cant believe that fits me"

in a way it almost scares me, if that makes sense.

ive been sooooo huge my whole life,and now, while i know im still a few stone overweight, im no longer absolutely huge. im the smallest ive been in 8 or 9 years.

in some ways though, despoite teh evidence in my clothes and on the scales, i still think of myself as a size 24. i was talking to a friend the other day who ive envied, because while shes not skinny, she always looks quite well, and she said she weight 14 stone. i cant beleve theres only 9.5 pounds between me and her, because when i look at the two of us i see stones of a difference.

just like the weight loss, the adjustment to teh new me will take time i guess!

thanks to everyone for teh support on here, its invaluable.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi All. Looks like it's a good night all round. Was down 3lb at weigh in tonight. So I have passed my half way point and got my first 10% sticker:D.

Well done Snukums and 112togo.

By the way I have just had a beautiful piece of fresh brown bread with really thin sliced cucumber and a half tin of WW Coronation Tuna. It was soooo tasty I was amazed. Don't go in for the WW stuff a lot but that was a pleasant surprise.

Good luck for the next week to all.

weight.png

thanks caroline.

i can hardly believe it at times.

i was shopping today and i bought some new clothes, i wasnt buying with teh holiday in mind, i was getting stuff that would fit me in a month or two. but when i got home i was looking at them and thought id try them on just for teh craic, and guess what - every last thing fitted!!

i was gobsmacked. i keppt looking at them and thinking "i cant believe that fits me"

in a way it almost scares me, if that makes sense.

ive been sooooo huge my whole life,and now, while i know im still a few stone overweight, im no longer absolutely huge. im the smallest ive been in 8 or 9 years.

in some ways though, despoite teh evidence in my clothes and on the scales, i still think of myself as a size 24. i was talking to a friend the other day who ive envied, because while shes not skinny, she always looks quite well, and she said she weight 14 stone. i cant beleve theres only 9.5 pounds between me and her, because when i look at the two of us i see stones of a difference.

just like the weight loss, the adjustment to teh new me will take time i guess!

thanks to everyone for teh support on here, its invaluable.

Enjoy every second of the new you... you have worked so hard and deserve to enoy it. What size are you now?

Hi All. Looks like it's a good night all round. Was down 3lb at weigh in tonight. So I have passed my half way point and got my first 10% sticker:D.

well done missskinny ;)

• Advertisement

caroline - im now comfortably in a 16, which is a big change from this time last year when a 24 was tight on me.

up until last week i still had some size 18 clothes that fitted, but the last of them went to the charity shop today!

i am enjoying it mostly, but in some ways it is scary. for years i told everyone that i enjoyed being single, because the truth was i would never have had a fella look twice at me teh way i was, so i pretended i didnt want one.

now im getting interest form guys and i almost dont know what to do, its been so long!

caroline - im now comfortably in a 16, which is a big change from this time last year when a 24 was tight on me.

up until last week i still had some size 18 clothes that fitted, but the last of them went to the charity shop today!

i am enjoying it mostly, but in some ways it is scary. for years i told everyone that i enjoyed being single, because the truth was i would never have had a fella look twice at me teh way i was, so i pretended i didnt want one.

now im getting interest form guys and i almost dont know what to do, its been so long!

Well done. Wish I could fit into a size 16 but will one day soon.

I bet you look fab. get out and enjoy your new found "you" and have lots of fun. I am sure you will meet Mr Right ( or Mr Right now) soon.

Go for it girl.

you will one day caroline.

it took time to get heavy and it'll take time to get slim, thats the way i look at it.

nothing to lose but weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itsmytime

itsmytime wrote: »
    Ok, since putting up 3.5lbs last week, I vowed to bust my ass in the Gym, be careful with points, and do as much activities as possible.

So I have done this, it was a real knackering week. I am exhausted now but in a way very proud and feel great!! However I don't think I have lost any weight :( WI tomorrow eve!!

I am hoping that maybe all the work I have put in will show next week if not tomorrow, so I am not going to let it get me down this week ;)

Ok so had my weigh in Last night, and as I had mentioned above I didn't think I had lost anything. However, got on the scales with eyes shut tight and fists in a ball(don't know why I do this), but I was down 4Lbs. I couln't believe it:D I know I had worked hard, but I was not very hopeful. So going from being utterly devastated and angry with myself last week for putting up the 3.5 lbs(in 3 weeks of not attending meetings), to being sooo happy. I could not stop grinning.
    So the hard work in the gym has totally paid off and I intend to keep it going this week.

We talked about making a list of bad habits in the meeting last night, and I am going to work on this today. But already I have broken one. Because I was so happy last night, I didn't give in to the "weekly after weigh in treat" that I usually convince myself is ok to have. I did not want to undo any of the work put in this week

Congrats to all, defo sounds like a more positive this week on here!! Kepp it up

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

112togo - well done! That is amazing! You have lost so much. My friend has a similar story, she was always quite big growing up and was quite shy around other people. By the time her debs came around she decided to join WW and has lost nearly 6 stone and she is a completely different person. She went from a size 20 to a size 10 and now she is a comfortable 12-14. She has this confidence I've never ever seen in her (we've been friends since babies). I hope you share this new found confidence!

I was putting away my clothes last night and I didn't have enough hangers so decided to do a clear out and I threw out loads of dresses and jeans that were way too big on me. It was the best feeling ever! And the fact that they aren't in my wardrobe takes away any chance I could go back up to that size and the fact its filled with size 10 dresses and jeans is just getting me so excited to go back to college!!

I didn't get a chance to WI this week after dodging it on Monday but then I got new batteries for my weighing scales and I think I was up about 2.5 pounds. Expected more but its not accurate! Im being really good this week so far and if I stay the same at the WI next week I'll be delighted.

I didn't go to my meeting but sure this is like a week long meeting :D Well done all!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi All

Well done on the losses you all must be chuffed...!!

Afetr i explained my absolutely ridiculous week last week.. I was up a considerable amount at WI..which really has snapped me back into reality...!! I have spent whole summer ittering around the same weight loss waiting for goal to come to me.. Me and the new confidence went a bit crazy!! I definitely needed a slap back to reality so now im starting again!

I have 15lb to goal and 16 weeks til xmas..This is my GOAL! Im so happy that im actually trying to get my head around this again I really did lose the run of myslef after losing so much!! I does get harder guys i promise ya that past few weeks have been hardest but i just needed to realise that boose an junk aint de way to get to my goal!!

WHoo Day 1 of new me going well gettn off early today so hitting gym going to try and stay clear of booze this week after craziness last week..ans hopefully il get a boost at WI next week..!!

Does anyone no wher i can get a good skippin rope? and also anyone no any low point biscuit treats!! Im geetn bored wit my ones..and biscuits are heaven to me!! :D:D

Hopefully with your support i can stay on right track!!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Hey guys!! Would i be able to cook a dinner for 4.5 points?! A bit of a challenge I guess.... anyone have any suggestions!? :):)

Really quick one

One teaspoon of honey (Half point)
    Good dash of Soy sauce (0)
    Red/yellow Peppers, garlic, courgettes, onions, mushrooms. As much as you like. (0)
    Chicken Breast (2.5 points)
    Cut meat real thin. Stir around in your sauce. Fries in five mins.
    If you get the chance to make this up in the morning or even a half hour before the flavour is brill.
    Lots of salad

Bowl of Zero jelly plus a ww caramel rice 1.5 points

Below 5 points and full as a tick.

Just back from WI and no loss, stayed the same. I would have loved a loss but it was not to be. Last week I was sure I would be up and was nown, this week I was sure I would have had a loss but it was not to be.
    Hopefully next week.

Yes that is very tough. I fell off the trolley altogether one week when I had really worked hard and only lost half a pound. Very odd the way it goes. You can handle it if you don't try but when you put your heart in it really stings.

Good luck for next week.....I am sure your loss is there waiting to show up then.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:)well done snukums,misspiggy40 and a big well done to 112togo,that is just brill! 5 stone,imagine the difference to ur health and body,can you imagine carrying around 70 lbs of sugar or butter every day? you must feel great! i was up .5lb 2day,but as one of the posts said only 16 weeks til xmas so that could be a stone gone if we put our heads to it! 2moro start of another ww week,onwards and downwards![to use someone elses words of wisdom] cheers !

misspiggy that dinner sounds sooo yummy!! :P
    youre all doing so well, good luck with your weeks guys n gals!

stealing my leaders line here, if you bite it you write it!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

like that one edgedinblue! if you bite it,write it!

ive been saying it to myself since i started over month ago. i think its a great one!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Really quick one

One teaspoon of honey (Half point)
    Good dash of Soy sauce (0)
    Red/yellow Peppers, garlic, courgettes, onions, mushrooms. As much as you like. (0)
    Chicken Breast (2.5 points)
    Cut meat real thin. Stir around in your sauce. Fries in five mins.
    If you get the chance to make this up in the morning or even a half hour before the flavour is brill.
    Lots of salad

Bowl of Zero jelly plus a ww caramel rice 1.5 points

Below 5 points and full as a tick.

Thank you so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hi All
    Does anyone no wher i can get a good skippin rope? and also anyone no any low point biscuit treats!! Im geetn bored wit my ones..and biscuits are heaven to me!! :D:D

Someone at my meeting awhile ago mentioned that cafe noir biscuits are 1/2 a point! They're not that coffee tasting and have lovely icing on them! :D
    Also Milky Way Crispy rolls are a just a point for the whole bar! I was delighted when I found this out, it was my favourite bar anyway!!!

Well, as posted in my diary had such a shock when I got on the scale this week and was down 3 pounds!! And it's TOM so was even more delighted! With TOM, I am having mad sugar cravings so I'm giving into them to a certain extent (i.i staying within points!)

So it's 25.5 pounds down, lots to go! I'm with the rest of ye! I at least want to be nearly at my third stone gone by christmas! Only 2.5 pounds till 2 stone gone and I'm really looking forward to that!

Also Milky Way Crispy rolls are a just a point for the whole bar! I was delighted when I found this out, it was my favourite bar anyway!!!!

WooHoo! Love these.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Just back from WI and no loss, stayed the same. I would have loved a loss but it was not to be. Last week I was sure I would be up and was nown, this week I was sure I would have had a loss but it was not to be.
    Hopefully next week.

Hiya Caroline,

This has happened to a friend of mine a few times - it's like her weight loss is a week behind what she thinks it's going to be. So if she has a bad week she's not necessarily up on the scales that week, has a great week the following week but ends up staying the same. It's like the previous week has caught up on her. This may be what's happening with you, so stick with it and you'll no doubt have a loss next week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Joined friday week, and lost 2lbs in the first week, kinda disappoinoted, but everyone is commenting on how well i look and i feel less bloated and more energy. so hopefully it will keep going down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I joined a year ago, lost 2.5 stone so far, a stone to go! Aiming to get there by my birthday in mid october, or halloween at the latest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement