Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

its just one small set back! you will be back on track now today so just keep up the excellent work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Caroline don't worry, we've all been there, and will undoubtedly be there again in the future. Half of the work is getting back on track after having a day like that.

From my own experience, I try and up the exercise in the run up to the weigh in and the following week, try and maybe track in advance and put lots of effort into getting as much exercise as possible. The worst thing to do would be to skip weigh in and convince yourself that since you "know" you've put on weight you're gonna work hard and get back on track for the next week. Believe me, I've done this and it's definitely better to go to your meeting, find out the damage (which may not be too bad!) and refocus yourself!

Lets just say I've been here more than once!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lenaria

Hi all ! I am new to the board and was delighted to read this thread, I have really enjoyed it and great to see other people in the same boat as me - keep up the good work girls !

I joined WW four weeks ago and so far have lost 11 lbs, have another good 2 stone to shift but I am getting fed-up with stir frys..has anyone any nice dishes I could try? I have had the creamy mushrooms on toast (mushroom cooked on pan with veg stock & a little dollop of philadelphia) which is lovely and 4 points so much now that I will turn into a mushroom ! I am just stuck for ideas for my main meal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lenaria

One more question ! Has anyone tried the WW wine? Does is really taste like "dirty bathwater" as someone recently told me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Hey Lenaria - congrats on starting WW and best of luck with it!

Definitely, there are more things to eat for dinner than stir-frys - and it's really important to keep the food varied or you'll undoubtedly get bored! Some dinners I enjoy are chilli con carne, oven-baked salmon, spag bol, salmon risotto, butternut squash and courgette risotto! I usually batch cook - so I make a load of one dish then portion it up and freeze it - makes life a lot easier and it's so handy in the evenings when you get home from work and aren't in the mood to cook!

Shout if any of these meals take your fancy and I'll throw up the ingredients and a quick recipe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

lenaria wrote: »
    One more question ! Has anyone tried the WW wine? Does is really taste like "dirty bathwater" as someone recently told me?

The lindemans early harvest wines are suppossed to be low pointed...

Havent tried weight watchers wine... :eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi all. Hope you are all having a good week. Chin up Caroline. You are doing great and will get back in the saddle in no time.

Had a lovely meal on Saturday night. Points went out the window. Had duck....a gazillion points....and a fruit zabaglione (stewed apple and custard to me:o)...with about a pound of sugar in it. God it was worth it but LOL have I been paying for it. I am just about gymed to death. The good news was I was able to wear a lovely :eek:'frock':eek: that hasn't seen the light of day in years. Really need to hit the shops soon........but am worlds worst shopper.(Not to mention cautious about a spending spree at the moment)

Good luck everyone with the WIs this week. Will let you know how many hours in the gym it takes to rid yourself of a duck dinner if I am down on Wednesday night:D.......if I am up you will hear nothing!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hi all,over did it a bit on fri and sat but grand sun and 2day! did a very quick walk this eve.did ye all get the mag in sunday world this week? some nice recipes in it and a chart for run up til xmas[12 weeks away]!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joldol

hi i want to go back to weightwatchers, my leader was emer o dalaigh anyone know if she is still running classes and if so where

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

Hi All,
    After a rather disasterous attempt at losing weight at the start of the year, i am giving up and joining weightwatchers as i think the support system will really help me!
    So i was going to go to my local meeting tonight, but the thing is, i'm going on holidays on Thursday until monday, but am planning to walk everywhere while over there, but am worried that i won't be familiar enough with the points system yet to do it properly whilst eating out all the time...
    Should i just bite the bullet and go tonight and maybe risk alreay being up next week, or should i just hold off and join next week?
    I'm confused :confused:

• Advertisement

Go tonight!

When you join you will get a folder explaining the system and how to add up points and how to calculate how many points you should be using. This folder is small enough to carry around or you can take out the sections you want and bring it on holiday with you. It will be easy enough to figure out the points while you are away.

BEST OF LUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

joldol wrote: »
    hi i want to go back to weightwatchers, my leader was emer o dalaigh anyone know if she is still running classes and if so where

Thanks

Yes, she is still doing classes, there is a list on her site here http://www.eimhear.com/en/weight-watchers-meetings.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Charmy

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad to see that there is a Weight Watchers thread on here. I am a Weight Watchers veteran myself. I first joined when I was younger and managed to shift 2 stone. Unfortunately, then I went to college, and as you can guess, have piled it all on plus some more since I finished my undergrad.

I'm currently back in UCD doing an M.A. at the minute and have decided that this year I will really commit to losing the weight for once and for all, and actually learn how to look after myself rather than relying on instant foods and takeaways.

I was just wondering if anyone could reccommend a WW meeting to me that's near UCD and preferably in walking distance? I've checked the website, and it says that there is one in the Goatstown/Clonskeagh area, but I'm just worried about being able to make it on time if I have to walk there (don't finish up at college till about 6.30pm).

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

HOw are you all doing this week..I see some of us inc ME went bit mad over wkend..!!

I was ok thurs and fri and gymed it!! few bottles fri nite tho...den a christening sat with loads grub and drink..!! Sunday i did ok but had a big dinner with things i wudnt usually pick..(fatty stuff) :D:D Yday and today went well went aqua fit last nite and gym tonight..!! Have a chance to gym it again in morning so think im gonna do that!!

Iv Wi tamo nite so praying already!!

Welcome to all the newbies..!! STart now and try find a class that u like and really want to remain in...Nothing worse den a leader your not motivated by!! Hope you all have a great first week..!!

xx

how you doin edgedinblue? did you get back on the old wagon yet,many times i fell off too! doin well these past couple of weeks,i think walkin and everything helps,it gets the head motivated! thats were i needed it at present! keep it goin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

Does anyone know how many points is in a homemade chicken and mushroom pie. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Started WW last Wednesday after finally deciding to get my act together.
    I gave up all junk food, planned all my meals (based on points) and started exercising again.
    I was delighted this morning when I had 10 lbs lost.
    Obviously I don't expect to lose anything like that every week, I'm aiming for 4 lbs next week (that would be a stone gone), then 2lbs a week for the foreseeable future.
    My aim is to lose 100 lbs (hence the username)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

So after putting up 2.5lbs last week I went hell for leather this week, stuck to my points and exercised like mad. It all paid off this evening with a 4.5lb weight loss :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's 1 stone 11.5lbs gone and 1 stone 3.5lbs to go, and only 1.5lbs to a healthy BMI :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good luck to everyone else at their weigh in this week.

Hello der...

Well dun Journey!! :D

I was dwn 1lb tonite too delighted i am least its dwn and was last week too..!! WHich as bizarre as it seems is first time it happened in ages !!:D:D

Well spurred on now for week ahead..nite out friday nite so il be savin me points!! :D:D

Best of luck for week ahead peoples..!!

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

hollyhock wrote: »
    how you doin edgedinblue? did you get back on the old wagon yet,many times i fell off too! doin well these past couple of weeks,i think walkin and everything helps,it gets the head motivated! thats were i needed it at present! keep it goin!

ahhh still off the wagon but not as bad. have to admit the week before last was my bday so i just ate everything and anything and was up 2.5pounds! frown.gif
    but last week, eh, pretty much the same no exericse,3 takeaways, literally had my bf push me out the door to my WI yesterday i was dreading it. and was down 4 pounds! confused.gif weight has me so confused!!! one week im super good and i gain the next im a pure gluten and im down!

oh well cant complain! biggrin.gif

how you doing hollyhock?

• Advertisement

wow everyone is doing so great at the moment!!!! Inspired me to join again.
    starting weight is 141.
    EEK!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all! i haven't been on here in ages just been catching up on all the posts your all doing fab fair play to you all;);)

welcome to all the newbies too im sure you will find this thread great for inspiration and advice!!

well i had a fairly ok week last week but still managed to be up half a lb on tuesday at my WI:mad::mad:

we had a great meeting though and am all motivated now to have a great week this week its going ok so far anyway.

ive also just booked myself and the OH a week in lanzarote in 8 weeks time so im using that as my motivation as well im hoping to get my next silver 7 and second stone by then. its only 4.5lbs away but im taking it a day at a time so heres hoping:rolleyes:

anyway best of luck to all this week keep up the good work;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

Getting a bit tired of two finger kitkats, curly wurlies and pink and whites. Anybody have any ideas for snacks 2.5 points or under of the sweet variety. Thanks

25cent animal bars are 2.5 and dairymilk 98 cal bars are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rubyrua

JMULL milky way crispy rolls work out at 1pt for the packet (a packet has two sticks) an the are lovely - esp outta the fridge \ freezer! :D

rubyrua wrote: »
    JMULL milky way crispy rolls work out at 1pt for the packet (a packet has two sticks) an the are lovely - esp outta the fridge \ freezer! :D

Hi there

Just to check out the milky way rolls i pointed them and i got it as 1.5 points per stick making them 3 points correct me if im wrong but just to double check it guys..thanks!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Just back from WI and up 3.5lb. To be honest I totally deserve the gain, not upset just going to do really well for the coming week. Tomorrow is a new day and a new start.

C x

down another 1.5lbs 2nite,i think im on a roll!:Ddon`t want to get too cocky but the last time i lost the weight was the same just chipped it away til i had lost 1.5 stone!:eek:slowly but surely wins the race! coco pop bars are 1.5 points,new bars at meeting 2nite.lovely!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Just to check out the milky way rolls i pointed them and i got it as 1.5 points per stick making them 3 points.

This is definately the points. I doubled checked them after I thought they were 1point. :(

When something sounds too good to be true it normally is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all!!

ive just discovered mr kipling mini battenburg cakes are 2.5pts per piece. i know it might seem like alot as they are quite small but imo for those with a sweet tooth these are so sweet you can only eat one anyway and they are nice with a cup 'o' tea!!!!!
    also my OH loves gateaux apple turnovers for 2.5pts too. wack them in the microwave for a few seconds....warm apple pie yum!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement