Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Happy to report a 2.5lb loss this week which I am delighted as I was away for a break in Paris for 5 days. Was good with my food but did have some vino each night. Walked my feet of and even managed to climb the Eiffle tower. Delighted with myself.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

oops!up 3lbs to-nite,tom,have to kick some ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

hi all hope your all having a good week!

mine has been fairly good since WI on tuesday stayed within points yesterday and on track still today! got ina great walk this afternoon and did 20 minutes on my new trampoline yesterday, was knackered after it and my calf muscles are killing me today!!! no pain no gain as they say!!

i bought some sweet potatoes today but have no ideas what to make with them or what they are like points wise.kind of an impulse buy really:eek: does anyone have an ideas on what i should do with them?

sweet potato points at 2 pts for a medium or 150g one. They make a great filler for soup. I bake them and scoop out the flesh into a carrot and ginger soup [bag of carrots, lump of ginger, onion, garlic, stock cube. pot, water, boil, add sweet potato and blitz. season and serve -yummy-]i know it adds 2 pts to the pot but it only works out at about 1/2 a pt per bowl and the extra carb will keep you fuller for longer

Pembily wrote: »
    I love sweet potatoes (can't point them for you as I do no count) but this evening for example i cut it into slices, sprayed the george with a few sprays of spray oil and cooked it for 15 min!!! You can do anything you want, are like potatoes!!

Boil, bake, roast!! I love them roasted with red onions!!!!

I am having a very hungry week, any suggestions on good, filling snacks!? (dairy and wheat are out)

Thanks

make your own humus by blitzing together a small tin of chick peas, a little water, lemon juice and a clove of garlic 2.5 pts. serve it with loads of veg sticks and it'll keep you going for ages. the same pts as a bag of Manhattan popcorn but better for you and more filling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Happy to report a 2.5lb loss this week which I am delighted as I was away for a break in Paris for 5 days. Was good with my food but did have some vino each night. Walked my feet of and even managed to climb the Eiffle tower. Delighted with myself.:D

Fair play Caroline your doing brilliant!!! Hope you enjoyed Paris :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Has anyone ever done the Wendie Plan on the Noreen Blackett website? After a very unexpected gain on Wednesday I'm thinking of trying it this week to see if I can give my system a bit of a boost. I went back over my tracker for last week and worked out all my bonus points and then what I had actually eaten and I hadn't gone over. I usually don't eat my bonus points so I figure my system is now used to a certain amount of food and a certain amount of exercise so I want to shake things up a bit by doing the Wendie plan (and still exercising but not using my bonus points). Would just like to know if anyone has tried it and if it worked for them. Have a dinner out on Sunday so would have my Super High Day (30 points for me) then which would suit.

Link to Wendie plan is http://www.freewebs.com/noreenblackett/wendieplan.htm in case you haven't a clue what I'm talking about lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Eimhearwwl wrote: »
    make your own humus by blitzing together a small tin of chick peas, a little water, lemon juice and a clove of garlic 2.5 pts. serve it with loads of veg sticks and it'll keep you going for ages. the same pts as a bag of Manhattan popcorn but better for you and more filling

Thanks for that, always forget hummous!!!! Will be making that over the weekend :) How long will it last in the fridge? It's portalbe too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 legals81

Hi,

just joined ww and im into my second week. Lost two pounds the first week so im delighted.

So many great tips and recipes here. Takes awhile to get into the ww way of thinking. definitely have to plan food in advance. Especially for work!

Best of luck to everyone. Remember the only way is down!!:)

Thanks for that, always forget hummous!!!! Will be making that over the weekend :) How long will it last in the fridge? It's portalbe too...

It usually lasts about 3 to 4 days cling filmed in the fridge, but it's usually well eaten by day 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Hi, so delighted lost 5.5lb yday at w.i thats 19.5lb off, can't believe it. I'm really motivated now- 10 weeks till xmas, hope to lose 2lb a wk that'll be 20lb off...hopefully!!!I've already dropped two dress sizes, so hopefully by xmas I'll be a slimmer more confident person!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Joined again after 10 yrs, my second WI and have lost 3.5. I seam to remember it coming off far quicker before especially in the first 2 weeks. Have 1.5 stone to loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

foodaholic wrote: »
    Joined again after 10 yrs, my second WI and have lost 3.5. I seam to remember it coming off far quicker before especially in the first 2 weeks. Have 1.5 stone to loose.

Yeah, I remember it coming off alot quicker before too, but this time it seems to be slowly slowly!!

Any one have any ideas for a low fat (gluten free) chocolate snack? I like a bit of chocolate now and again (try for once a week) but can't eat any WW cookies etc :(

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey! Hope someone can answer this for me in the next few hours!! Heading to see a play tonight and the rest of the girlies have settled on TGI Friday's for food!! Had a very quick glance in the Eating out book and everything looks insanely high!!!

So just wondering are there any low pointed options I could have without completely rocking the boat socially! (I.e. without me making an article of myself by asking for it to be cooked a different way or without sauces etc....)

Thanks so much if you can help me out on this! Otherwise I think I'm going to have to skip the meal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hey! Hope someone can answer this for me in the next few hours!! Heading to see a play tonight and the rest of the girlies have settled on TGI Friday's for food!! Had a very quick glance in the Eating out book and everything looks insanely high!!!

So just wondering are there any low pointed options I could have without completely rocking the boat socially! (I.e. without me making an article of myself by asking for it to be cooked a different way or without sauces etc....)

Thanks so much if you can help me out on this! Otherwise I think I'm going to have to skip the meal!

Just had a quick look at their website there, there seems to be some 'lifestyle' options available which look low enough in points... looks tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Thanks Dolorous you're very good to go look things up! :D I'll have a look! Hopefully they'll be available in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yup, 'tis on the fridays.ie website so I presume it's available!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi DWG,

They do a chicken caesar salad it is amazing and if I remember correctly 9.5points!

Everything else is quite high, there is a chicken pasta dish but I think its about 11 and when I had it I didn't think it was worth it. All the starters and deserts are crazy high! I would stay away from them! :p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi all. After three weeks of dithering, (stayed the same, half a pound down, stayed the same) I went shopping last Thursday.:D Was able to enjoy the day. Tried on some stuff that I would never have considered before and was really pleased with the way I looked and how things fit where they should. Really helped me back onto my feet and have had three great days. Hoping for at least a pound this week. Closing in on ten stone and would really like to get there over the next few weeks. I think I was in my twenties the last time I saw 10st on a scales.

Skinny sister coming on 28th. Am more than a stone and a half lighter than when she saw me last so looking forward to that.....Will celebrate with wine and food which may not be a big help!!!!!:eek:

Good luck to all. The lesson I learned over the past while is to keep out of trouble when you lose the motivation and be ready to go again when it reappears.;)

Good luck all.

Hi all. After three weeks of dithering, (stayed the same, half a pound down, stayed the same) I went shopping last Thursday.:D Was able to enjoy the day. Tried on some stuff that I would never have considered before and was really pleased with the way I looked and how things fit where they should. Really helped me back onto my feet and have had three great days. Hoping for at least a pound this week. Closing in on ten stone and would really like to get there over the next few weeks. I think I was in my twenties the last time I saw 10st on a scales.

Skinny sister coming on 28th. Am more than a stone and a half lighter than when she saw me last so looking forward to that.....Will celebrate with wine and food which may not be a big help!!!!!:eek:

Good luck to all. The lesson I learned over the past while is to keep out of trouble when you lose the motivation and be ready to go again when it reappears.;)

Good luck all.

Glad your motivitation came back, its mad what can cause the motivitation to come back, a good / bad comment or anything!!!

Good luck to all this week!!

• Advertisement

Any one have any ideas for a low fat (gluten free) chocolate snack? I like a bit of chocolate now and again (try for once a week) but can't eat any WW cookies etc :(

Thanks

I invented this recipe the other day, it is gluten free and you could add some dark chocolate chips or some really good dark chocolate cut up into small pieces. 40g of chocolate is 4pts which will bring it up to 20 in total. add the chocolate pieces into the mixture with the raisins

Oatey Raisin Bites [16pts]

150g porridge oats
    30g sesame seeds
    20g pumpkin seeds
    75g raisins
    10g sweetener
    4 egg whites
    1 level tsp cinnamon
    spray oil

Spread oats and seeds out on a baking tray and toast under the grill until golden brown [move them around every minute or so to avoid burning] allow to cool for 10 mins. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the raisins, cinnamon and sweetener, mix together and add the lightly beaten egg whites. Press into a sprayed 9-inch [22cm] tin and bake for 15-20 mins at 175-180 [GM6]. Allow to cool in the tin and cut into 16 pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

Hi there. My first wi is on Monday. I'm a 22 year old guy weighing 19 freakin' stone so a lot of work to do. I was wondering, does any one know how many points are in the average sterloin stage? I recorded 7 on my tracker. I really need a weighing scale. Incidentally, being a male and knowing shag all about these things, where would one get a descent weigh scale for food?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Donnaghm wrote: »
    I really need a weighing scale. Incidentally, being a male and knowing shag all about these things, where would one get a descent weigh scale for food?
    Salter are a good brand, I have several salter scales in work and all are good.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8422996/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

Oh thanks a million. I'm gonna get it tomorrow.

Eimhearwwl wrote: »
    I invented this recipe the other day, it is gluten free and you could add some dark chocolate chips or some really good dark chocolate cut up into small pieces. 40g of chocolate is 4pts which will bring it up to 20 in total. add the chocolate pieces into the mixture with the raisins

Oatey Raisin Bites [16pts]

150g porridge oats
    30g sesame seeds
    20g pumpkin seeds
    75g raisins
    10g sweetener
    4 egg whites
    1 level tsp cinnamon
    spray oil

Spread oats and seeds out on a baking tray and toast under the grill until golden brown [move them around every minute or so to avoid burning] allow to cool for 10 mins. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the raisins, cinnamon and sweetener, mix together and add the lightly beaten egg whites. Press into a sprayed 9-inch [22cm] tin and bake for 15-20 mins at 175-180 [GM6]. Allow to cool in the tin and cut into 16 pieces.

I will leave out the raisins as not a fan of them at all but the rest sounds very good!!!! Thanks a million :):):) Will let you know how I get on!!!!

I will leave out the raisins as not a fan of them at all but the rest sounds very good!!!! Thanks a million :):):) Will let you know how I get on!!!!

if you remove the raisins you'll save 2.5pts and 40g of chocolate will add 4pts so the recipe will be 17.5 in total

Thanks, will try the recipe tonight!!

Was down 2.5lb today - fecking delighted and gonnamake me keep going :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xmas babe

Hi there,

Well have finally come to my senses and decided to do something about my weight. I am 5.7 in height, and 14 stone 2lbs. Weigh in day is monday. Have done WW before and found it great.

I've piled on the weight since having a baby over 2 yrs ago so am determined to get back to my previous weight of 11 stone. Ideally I'd like to be slimmer, but hey its a start!

Since its 9 weeks til christmas I have resolved to lose 20lbs by christmas, so have signed up here for a bit of encouragement!

Does anyone else have a christmas goal plan, or is there a thread set up here for it? Might be an idea?

xmas babe wrote: »
    Hi there,

Well have finally come to my senses and decided to do something about my weight. I am 5.7 in height, and 14 stone 2lbs. Weigh in day is monday. Have done WW before and found it great.

I've piled on the weight since having a baby over 2 yrs ago so am determined to get back to my previous weight of 11 stone. Ideally I'd like to be slimmer, but hey its a start!

Since its 9 weeks til christmas I have resolved to lose 20lbs by christmas, so have signed up here for a bit of encouragement!

Does anyone else have a christmas goal plan, or is there a thread set up here for it? Might be an idea?

You are in the right place, any questions just ask and best of luck!!

My goal is 10st 7lb by christmas. Am 11st 1lb today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

xmas babe, im also 5'7 and according to the ww scales my goal is 11st 1lb im currently at 11st 8.5lbs so i guess thats my xmas goal too;) my personal goal is to get to and maintain between 10st 7lbs and 11st. my weigh in is tomorrow morning so after gaining 1lb last week im hoping to get loss this week:o

ive already set myself mini goal of .5lb a week between now and my hols on 20th november as i wanted to get to my 2nd stone by then im 3.5lbs away now so heres hoping!!

welcome along anyway good luck with your weight loss im sire you will find some great advice and tips on here:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement