Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

great attitude Journey, good luck!

Can anyone help me? I can't find fat free cooking spray anywhere. I've checked supermarkets and health food stores. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

cherryred wrote: »
    great attitude Journey, good luck!

Can anyone help me? I can't find fat free cooking spray anywhere. I've checked supermarkets and health food stores. :confused:
    I got some in Tesco the other day, it's made by Fry Light and they do 3 types, sunflower, olive and butter. The two oil flavoured ones are great but the butter one is rotten and best avoided like the plague

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cherryred wrote: »
    I can't find fat free cooking spray anywhere.
    I don't think it exists! All I have seen is sprays with fat in them, the idea is you can spray a surface with a really thin layer of full fat oil, so are using less than normal.

You can simply put a tiny drop on a pan and wipe it around with a kitchen towel or a pastry brush. Those sprays are a rip off usually, so be sure to get a refillable one if you do find one, you can buy nice empty spray bottles for oil, it does need to be special for oil, i.e. a water sprayer probably will not work.

EDIT:
    Eimhearwwl wrote: »
    I got some in Tesco the other day, it's made by Fry Light and they do 3 types, sunflower, olive and butter.
    so is this actually fat free? or just low in fat, I have seen some with water in them probably for better spraying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

Well i went back today after missing 2 weeks and while i wasnt sure if i had put any weight on....i nearly fell over when she told me i had lost 2.5lbs:eek:, i know its not alot for the 2 weeks i missed but hell its better than being told you have put on 2.5lbs... so i was over the moon!:D
    so i double checked with her and ive lost 11.5lbs in total its great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello all

Well after havin a break an plannin on wi las fri b4 the party i missed wi with all the runnin around!!! Sop iv just drank n ate celebrating ever since and my actually bday today big 21!!

Gonna enjoy my evening and back to basics some stage this week i really have to :D:D

Think we all found it hard over halloween...best of luck to al for week ahead xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

rubadub wrote: »
    I don't think it exists! All I have seen is sprays with fat in them, the idea is you can spray a surface with a really thin layer of full fat oil, so are using less than normal.

You can simply put a tiny drop on a pan and wipe it around with a kitchen towel or a pastry brush. Those sprays are a rip off usually, so be sure to get a refillable one if you do find one, you can buy nice empty spray bottles for oil, it does need to be special for oil, i.e. a water sprayer probably will not work.

EDIT:
    so is this actually fat free? or just low in fat, I have seen some with water in them probably for better spraying.

Thanks Rub.
    There is too much miss-information out there. When you look at it, how can you have a fat free oil?
    Oil, by its nature has energy, therefore calories.
    Have to say, you were really restrained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Well Shelly, Happy 21st.
    Really hope you enjoy it.
    If I can blow the cobwebs away for a bit.
    I was on nightduty for mine and it passed without much of "to do". Have to admit, now I really regret it. So girl, enjoy it. Lock it away in the memory banks and visit it when your back on the wagon and sweating off the excesses.

EDIT:
    so is this actually fat free? or just low in fat, I have seen some with water in them probably for better spraying.[/quote]

I'm looking at the bottle and it is oil mixed with an emulsifier and water, 10 pumps would be half a point which is why weight watchers count it as free, it's great for roasting veg or making butternut squash chips

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

Hi All,

Does anybody know the times of the WW meeting on Bolton Street? I walked past yesterday as it was on, but I can't see it listed on the WW website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you aren't as big a sauce nut as me you might think this is a woeful waste of points, but I love some form of sauce with my dinner and miss it a lot at times! Threw this together last night to have with a poached salmon fillet and loads of steamed veg, I was in hog heaven!

2 tsp peanut butter (I used almond butter because I'm obsessed with the stuff)

Water

Chili flakes

Lime Juice

Fish Sauce (optional)

Add the peanut butter & water to a warm non-stick pan and whisk together to form a sauce (it might take a minute or so to combine properly), you can make it as thick or as thin as you'd like. Then add chili flakes (I threw in loads, mmm spicy) and a dash of lime juice (if you don't have it then lemon juice or even a tiny dash of vinegar would work, you're just looking to give the sauce a bit of an edge :) ). Just before serving throw in a splash of fish sauce and pour. You can adjust the lime juice & chili to suit your own tastes, I'm pretty heavy handed with both. The only thing that has points is the peanut butter (1 per teaspoon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

I've lost 11.5lbs in total after 3 weeks so I'm quite proud of myself. I full expect this level of progress to decline as the weeks go on of course but wahoo for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

In good form today lost 2.5 at wi yesterday. 6lbs away from my goal ( hopefully xmas wont scupper my plans)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 green apple.

hi all green apple here.

well last week i stayed the same and this week i put on half a pound but i am delighted...it could have been a lot worse!!!drink leads to pizza and pizza's bad news for coeliacs. think ill stay off the drink for november. im back on track now chopping veg and making soup and jelly. thinking of trying the core plan/ no count to get to goal weight does it really work? and does anyone have any tips? only 2 and a half pounds to goal:):):)

Hi All,

Does anybody know the times of the WW meeting on Bolton Street? I walked past yesterday as it was on, but I can't see it listed on the WW website.

I don't think there is a meeting in Bolton St, There is one in Abbey st every lunchtime and The Belvedere Hotel off Parnell Square on Thursday morning and Lunchtime but I couldn't find one for Bolton st on the website either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

The only thing that has points is the peanut butter (1 per teaspoon)

Nice recipe, but...peanut butter is 1 point per 10g. Make sure you weigh it, as a decent rounded teaspoon of the peanut butter I use weighs 25g. Therefore a teaspoon in my house is 2.5 points. Two of them obviously would be 5 points. There's a big difference between 2 points and 5 points if you're eating it regularly. Just to be aware!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

well done everyone for this week wi

:( bad time for me, put on half a pound, but a new wk so going to try be down at leat 2 pounds next wed,

any one have any ideas for food for lunch wich is handy to make so far have soup, sandwich, sometimes wrap, but getting bit bored with that now, would have jelly after it and ceral bar also with t! sometime some choc also! would like somthing that would satify me and be low fat,

I don't think there is a meeting in Bolton St, There is one in Abbey st every lunchtime and The Belvedere Hotel off Parnell Square on Thursday morning and Lunchtime but I couldn't find one for Bolton st on the website either

Thanks Eimear... does anybody else know? All I saw was everyone weighing in, and there was a WW sticker on the door so I just assumed it was a meeting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Nice recipe, but...peanut butter is 1 point per 10g. Make sure you weigh it, as a decent rounded teaspoon of the peanut butter I use weighs 25g. Therefore a teaspoon in my house is 2.5 points. Two of them obviously would be 5 points. There's a big difference between 2 points and 5 points if you're eating it regularly. Just to be aware!

oooh lordy :D best to check the scales next time me thinks!

Thanks Eimear... does anybody else know? All I saw was everyone weighing in, and there was a WW sticker on the door so I just assumed it was a meeting :D

I found it! It is listed as Phibsboro on the website. it's in the Macro Community Centre on Green St, off Nth King St. at 6pm on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Feeling great today, even though the scales didn't show I lost any weight my too pairs of jeans that were too tight fit :):):) One is still a bit small but they are wearable :):):):):):):)

Best of luck to all this weekend!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Delighted, lost 3.5 lbs this week - didn't think I went well at all this week. Only 1 more pound to go to have lost 2 and a half stone, have lost 34 lbs already, one third of my target!

jo0380733 wrote: »
    well done everyone for this week wi

:( bad time for me, put on half a pound, but a new wk so going to try be down at leat 2 pounds next wed,

any one have any ideas for food for lunch wich is handy to make so far have soup, sandwich, sometimes wrap, but getting bit bored with that now, would have jelly after it and ceral bar also with t! sometime some choc also! would like somthing that would satify me and be low fat,

Cook a few fist sized baked potatoes [250g=2.5 pts]and keep them in your fridge and then all you have to do is microwave them and keep changing the fillings. Small tin of beans 2pts, tuna mixed with extra light mayo, red onion and chive 2.5pts, veg chilli made with chopped peppers, onions, garlic, 1 red chilli and a tin of chopped tomatoes 0pts, extra light cream cheese mixed with lemon juice and chopped chives 2pts[depending which cheese you use, the one fron LIDL called linessa is the lowest at 2pts for the whole tub] coleslaw made by shredding a little white cabbage, grating a carrot and mixing them with salt. pepper and extra light mayo 1pt, Savoury mince made with Quorn mince, peppers, garlic, herbs, tomatoes and onions 4.5 pts for the whole mix but you'll fill 5 or 6 spuds with it

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all!!

well i was raging after my WI on tuesday was up 1lb:mad::mad: even though i totally know why what with all the treats i gave myself as well as the trick or treaters on saturday night but i was still kind of hoping for a miracle:rolleyes::rolleyes:

anyway have been back on track so far this week. off work yesterday and today and was sick all day yesterday so ate nothing all day but didnt get to go to aquafit last night:(, have been walking today though and had a good day foodwise. back to work tomorrow straight through till next friday so hopefully ill get myself a lil closer to goal on tuesdays WI:eek:

anyway congrats to all with loses this week and chin up to those in my boat we'll get there in the end!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hiya,

Anyone know of any meetings in the greater Dublin area on a Friday? I know there's one in Abbey Street at lunch time but would prefer not to have to go into town if possible.

Thanks.

I found it! It is listed as Phibsboro on the website. it's in the Macro Community Centre on Green St, off Nth King St. at 6pm on Tuesday.

Thanks a million Eimear thats great, think I may join this class for the short haul to Christmas :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Nat29

Hi All, Hope you're all doing Fab..:)

I had my first WI on Wednesday.. Lost 4 pounds.
    Am so chuffed.:D Will keep battling away..

Now, tonight im going to a friends for dvd and dinner,
    chinese! ive done a bit of research..... So, I plan to have
    chicken kung po and boiled rice. I wont eat all the rice
    maybe just half.. I was slightly freaked out about having
    a take away.. but i think ill just enjoy it and stick to the
    points from tomw...hopefully one little take away wont
    ruin all my hard work:eek::o

Good luck over the wkend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

Thanks Eimhearwwl that sounds great going to give them a go for lunch next wk!

Wel done Nat29 4 pounds is great,

itsallaboutme sorry to hear you are sick fair play for going for your walk well done on that. hopefully next wk the wi be better for the two of us fingers crossed dont want to go up again

Enjoy wknd everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi there..

Well after missing two weeks wi with al my party stuff i wi las nite with jus 1.5lbs up so im delighted..!!

Back on track from today and feeling better going to enjoy gym after work and hop to have a good week..some drinks tamo night i think but jus have to make good choices!!

Best of luck to all for week ahead!!

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

well i have to go out tonite and really couldnt be bothered ,but its a fundraising thing and some family are involved, and im at a loss as to what i can drink, apart from water or diet 7-up, i havent being out in ages, and really havent had a drink in ages either, but if im going out i may as well have a tipple, but what will do the least damage, was fairly good today, had porridge, 1 banana, 2 baby rice cakes, and some baked fish and a few saute potatoes, so i think i might have a few points to spare!!!!!!!:D:confused:

• Advertisement

journey wrote: »
    Hiya,

Anyone know of any meetings in the greater Dublin area on a Friday? I know there's one in Abbey Street at lunch time but would prefer not to have to go into town if possible.

Thanks.

It depends on where you live, North side there is one in the ballybough road community centre at 10.30 am beside Croke park
    South side there is on at lunchtime on Harcourt st

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement