Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Just back from Penny's!
    Was absolutely delighted!! Just bought two size 14 dresses!!! :O

Can't believe it!! Was so happy!! One is a pink leopard print one shoulder dress!! :O Eek! Think it's nice but nothing like I would have worn EVER! So big leap of faith there!
    The other's a navy pencil skirt dress which I'm happy with! :)

At weigh in on Thursday lost one pound! Which I was delighted with as I was struggling earlier in the week. Well I had a sneak peak and my weight SHOT up! Very odd! But really worked hard and it paid off!

Good luck to all over the weekend! And above all! Enjoy!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

wantolose wrote: »
    well i have to go out tonite and really couldnt be bothered ,but its a fundraising thing and some family are involved, and im at a loss as to what i can drink, apart from water or diet 7-up, i havent being out in ages, and really havent had a drink in ages either, but if im going out i may as well have a tipple, but what will do the least damage, was fairly good today, had porridge, 1 banana, 2 baby rice cakes, and some baked fish and a few saute potatoes, so i think i might have a few points to spare!!!!!!!:D:confused:

I'd say you've only had about 10 or 12 points today so you've loads left, a spirit and diet drink is only 1.5 pts, a quarter bottle of wine is 2 and 3 bottles or Coors, miller, bulmers or bud light are 4pts. I love a bottle of pineapple juice [1.5] a measure of Malibu [1.5] and a bottle of sparkling water in a pint glass with loads of ice. it tastes like a cocktail and lasts ages. always have a pint of tap water first to get rid of any immediate thirst and then your real drink will last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Just back from Penny's!
    Was absolutely delighted!! Just bought two size 14 dresses!!! :O

Can't believe it!! Was so happy!! One is a pink leopard print one shoulder dress!! :O Eek! Think it's nice but nothing like I would have worn EVER! So big leap of faith there!
    The other's a navy pencil skirt dress which I'm happy with! :)

At weigh in on Thursday lost one pound! Which I was delighted with as I was struggling earlier in the week. Well I had a sneak peak and my weight SHOT up! Very odd! But really worked hard and it paid off!

Good luck to all over the weekend! And above all! Enjoy!! :D

Congrats, it's the best feeling isn't it!!! Now what does the navy pencil skirt dress look like? I love navy and don't wear black as it makes me look pale!! Would love another navy dress :)

Love navy too!

It's about knee length!
    The neck goes straight across the collar bone (if you know what I mean!)
    Goes in at the waist, then down.
    It's got little sleeves that are slightly puffed (again if you know what I mean!! ha!)

The skirt of the dress is like two overlapping pieces of the fabric, folding over each other so there's a slight slit in the front!

Don't know if I explained that right AT ALL! Ha!
    But it's lovely! I got a really nice navy waist belt for it with a gold buckle! It really smartens it up!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Love navy too!

It's about knee length!
    It's got little sleeves that are slightly puffed (again if you know what I mean!! ha!)

The skirt of the dress is like two overlapping pieces of the fabric, folding over each other so there's a slight slit in the front!

But it's lovely! I got a really nice navy waist belt for it with a gold buckle! It really smartens it up!! :)

The dress sounds really lovely. Bet you will feel a million dollors when you wear it.;)

• Advertisement

Love navy too!

It's about knee length!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH you will look a trillion euros in it!!!! The belt will totally smarten it up!!! Well wear and ENJOY THE COMPLIMENTS :):D:):D:):D

Aw thanks!!

*blush*

Janey I'll enjoy all the compliments here too!! Bless ye!!!

Oh lord, weekend now.

*repeats to self*
    Must stay on the wagon. Must stay on the wagon!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

well we ended up going out, but we were late getting there as the wee man is teething and very grumpy, so we only stayed out for 2hrs and i just had 1 vodka and diet 7-up with loads of ice and thank god for that, because when we got home wee man was on grannies knee getting spoiled looking for yummies, so we eventually got him to bed at midnight and he was up with the birds at 6am.......
    and of course the landlady had a load of finger food on offer so i avoided that like the plague, really i di even hubbie did to cos we had a late enough dinner y'day.
    so thats it really, i have a big pot of carrott, onion,red peppers, 1 parsnip, and garlic soup on the stove and im just waiting to blend it and maybe add a bit of chill to give it a kick:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

ok, im back here after an extended break.

i have yo-yo'd with my weight over the last few months, meaning my net loss since july is only 3 pounds, ffs. i actually went on hols fo r2 weeks and gained 10.5 pounds!

anyway, as it stands at the moment, i have lost 4 stone 9 since october 08.
    i had set myself a goal of 8 stone (hence the username!) but i was at a consultant last week and he said i have to lose a total of ten stone!!

it seems unsurmountable, to be honest.

i nearly cried.

at the worst bit is, he diagnosed me with an illness that makes it harder to lose weight
    and, not only that, the treatment is tablets which have a side effect of weight gain.

i feel im really struggling.

anyway, all i can do is keep going, every loss is a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Well done to all of you for been so positive...!! My positive note on friday died slowly over the weekend..!!

Was still snacking and pigged out afetr nite after!! Very bad weekend to say the least I really need a big kick up the bum!!!

In work today so trying to stay positive..iv a cold an al i want is comfort so tryin to comfort with green tea and hot choc!! :D:D

Fingers crossed for week ahead!! xx

• Advertisement

Well I was down 2lb today :) 10st 13lb, fecking delighted :):):)

Going to change my wi day to friday and also change weighing scales as the slater one seems dodge... The one I brought up from home seems more accurate, compared the both and the salter one says I am still 11st 1 whereas I know I lost weight as have no muffin tops in jeans!!! They were usually the same but now the salter one is 2lb heavier than the other digital one I have!!!

Best of luck to all this week :):) If anyone really needs a hot chocolate heat up chocolate milk and milk. I use soya and add cinnamon & vanilla and it is savage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xmas babe

Hi all,
    am delighted to have lost 1.5lbs this week, as the weekend was a complete write off points wise! Had two family celebrations to go to and did nothing to salvage my points allowance! I did get plenty of exercise during the week though which is a good habit to get into and hopefully it'll continue this week. Also I got my first silver seven so thats good news!

Anyway congrats on the loss Pembily, and good luck everyone this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

hi all quick update. total loss now after 4 weeks is 12lbs im so effin happy but there is way loads more to come off so will be here for a while yet reading the stories is encouraging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

Snap gerry, I've also lost 12lbs after 4 weeks!! i'm getting my flat stomach back, thought it was gone forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope your all having a good week!!!

so after a pretty good week i was down 1.5lbs at WI this morning was happy enough as i really wasnt feeling like i had lost at all dont know why but i just felt really heavy this morning!!:confused:anyway the heaviness didnt show on the scales so thats the main thing i guess:)

i had a really good weekend actually both foodwise and motivation wise! i went shopping and was having a look around with the OH and spotted some really nice kind of shift dresses that i would NEVER normally look at. i was only looking and had no intention of trying any on as i have never been a dress person EVER!! but the OH persuaded me to try some on so reluctantly i tried on two and to my surprise i loved both of them:eek: then i couldnt decide which one to get so ended up getting both:eek::eek: i could not and cannot believe i bought one dress never mind two but im glad i did as it gave me the lil kick i needed to keep going for goal which incidentally is now only 3.5lbs away so happy day ill get it before xmas if it kills me:eek::eek::D

congrats to gerry and cherry 12lbs in 4 weeks is fab keep it up;)

well done to all with losses this week and best of luck to all with Wi still to come!!!!!;)

Hi all the hard work is really worth it!!!

I had my graduation yesterday and wore a beautiful red silk dress and felt amazing in it, it was just amazing to feel that good and know that all the hard work was worth it all :):):)

Good luck to all this week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Wooo was down 3lbs at weigh in this week!! :D 1.5lb more to 4stone which was my xmas goal!! Think I am well on the way!!

Anybody get the WW calander in their meeting? I was well like a schoolkid when I got it! It's so going up on my wall!! :p

ya got my calendar too was delighted with it gonna make all the stuff on each month!:D:D:D congrats on your loss btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

well im back on the WW, for the millionth time!! all you guys are doing so great! keep it up
    Today was my first proper day counting my points and what not, and i have to say im doing well so far. managed to keep my chocolate craving at bay. I was dying for something but I didnt do it. The quicker I dont eat it, the sooner the craving will go away!
    Only a few weeks till my birthday, the big 30, so would love to lose 7lbs by then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

well i had my weigh in and i have 3lbs off, i was delighted, i have now lost 1 stone in the 9ish weeks ive being going so im over the moon, i also got my calender today, she give me a shiney little stone, i kinda looked at her i thought she was giving me a mint...and i said no thanks:D and she said its a stone to mark you reaching 1 stone gone.. she was eyeballing me...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

112togo wrote: »
    ok, im back here after an extended break.

i have yo-yo'd with my weight over the last few months, meaning my net loss since july is only 3 pounds, ffs. i actually went on hols fo r2 weeks and gained 10.5 pounds!

anyway, as it stands at the moment, i have lost 4 stone 9 since october 08.
    i had set myself a goal of 8 stone (hence the username!) but i was at a consultant last week and he said i have to lose a total of ten stone!!

it seems unsurmountable, to be honest.

i nearly cried.

at the worst bit is, he diagnosed me with an illness that makes it harder to lose weight
    and, not only that, the treatment is tablets which have a side effect of weight gain.

i feel im really struggling.

anyway, all i can do is keep going, every loss is a loss.

Hi 112. Haven't been on in a while. So sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed. You have done so well. I mean you have lost the entire weight of my five year old off your body!! How great that must be for you. Okay, your guy says you have more to do but wow you have done well. Just keep on plugging. Best of luck and lots of TLC.;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi All. Missed WI last week.....domestic calamity that only mammy could fix.....and was 2 lb up the week before(which I had taken weeks to lose). All that said I think I have done well so WI tomorrow night and hoping to have relost (I think I just invented a word) those bloody two pounds:D:D and maybe a friend for them:D!! If you don't hear from me it all went pear shaped......

Good luck at WI to all this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

Hi 112. Haven't been on in a while. So sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed. You have done so well. I mean you have lost the entire weight of my five year old off your body!! How great that must be for you. Okay, your guy says you have more to do but wow you have done well. Just keep on plugging. Best of luck and lots of TLC.;)

thanks a mill for the support. yeah it's disheartening to be facing such a huge amount to lose, but all i can do is take it pound by pound.
    Hi All. Missed WI last week.....domestic calamity that only mammy could fix.....and was 2 lb up the week before(which I had taken weeks to lose). All that said I think I have done well so WI tomorrow night and hoping to have relost (I think I just invented a word) those bloody two pounds:D:D and maybe a friend for them:D!! If you don't hear from me it all went pear shaped......

Good luck at WI to all this week.

oh i know the feeling of hoping to "relose" weight.:rolleyes:

am kinda pissed off that when i reach the 5 stone mark (again :rolleyes:) i wont get a little marble this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 saffron77

Hello everybody,

I have "lurked " on this thread before and found it really inspirational and so have decided to join. I joined WW in April 09- and so far have lost 24 lbs. I have four to go to reach two stone. Finding it really hard at mo. It seems the last few weeks i have not achieved anything significant. Has anyone any ideas on how I can improve. I am keeping within my points and excercising.
    Had my WI tonight and put up half a pound.:confused:
    This is my first time using boards.ie , so forgive me if i make any mistakes. It all seems so difficult but I am sure I will get used to it.
    Well done to everybody, you really have helped me a long my journey so far.:)

Saffron77- first off hi and welcome along im sure you will find great support and inspiration on here.

i joined WW AGAIN back at the start of January this year and while i started off great i really started to get bored of it after two three months and fell off the wagon for about 4 weeks. but i went back around the same time you joined in april and havent looked back since. ive lost 28.5lbs so far. got my 2nd stone three weeks ago:D. all i can say is stick with it. ive had so many weeks where i just could not be bothered and was close to jacking it all in.it took me ages to get my 2nd stone too i kept getting 1-2lbs away and kept going up and down which got really frustrating but i eventually got there and i was delighted when i got my lil shiney blue stone!! i feel a bit stuck in a rut at the mo as i missed a week then gained 1lb and then yesterday lost 1.5lbs but im stil only .5lb since my 2nd stone three weeks ago just feel like im going nowhere but im determined to keep going and its great to come on here and read about the other storys for a lil motivation.

so anyway long story short :rolleyes::o stick it out its worht it in the end!!!;)

ps: conrats on all the losses this week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

To saffron 77 [and anyone a bit low on inspiration]

I got stuck a while ago and needed a big kick. I think the most important thing is to stay for the meetings, if you are not feeling motivated by your leader, move around till you find a leader who works for you. Re-read all your books especially food in full [wk1]. make a food plan/menu for the week, write a shopping list based on your menu, shop, cook and freeze. stick your food plan on the fridge and see how closely you stick to it by ticking off things as you eat them[ I call it back tracking] have a browse through some WW cookery books or the websites for new food ideas so you don't get bored. take something out of the wardrobe that is a little tight to remind you of where you're going. Read the success stories of people who've done it [if she can do it so can I] Prioritize yourself, your health and your confidence above everything else and decide that YOU CAN DO IT- because if you think you can or you think you can't - you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 45 E26

Hi All!

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the tips and suggestions everyone has posted on this thread -it has been really encouraging:) I haven't really used boards before- have only started using it since I want to get myself back into the whole ww scene. My story is... I joined ww in Jan 2008 in order to lose weight for my sisters wedding last year. I managed to get to my goal weight in 5 weeks from the time I joined!! Lost 19lbs in total. Found that the the first week or two it just fell off me... and thankfully it kept going. Reaching my goal weight was great, and all the comments at work of how well I looked really seem to keep me motivated:D

Wedding passed and so did keeping an eye on points and stuff, really fell off the wagon and stopped going to meetings and weighing myself. For anyone that reaches there goal. I REALLY recommend that you still keep going fairly regularly to meetings just for little tips but really to keep an eye on your weight. Cause i didn't and I really wished i had.

I finally took the plunge again to go back and see how i was doing(last week) thankfully it wasn't too bad. Managed to stay around my goal weight(up 3 lbs) but would love to shed 4/5 pounds before Xmas. Just feel its on my face the weight is going, hate pictures of myself AAH:pac:

Best of luck to everyone this week, keep the faith and we will shed those lbs;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Hi guys,

I just wondered if it is possible to do weight watchers sucessfully from home? I have been going to classes on and off for years but never really got anywhere. So....Ive decided to stop messing around and try again. I have all the books but just work late quite often so cant commit to a meeting.

Would it work if I weighed myself at home the same day every week and did the plan?

Have about 6 stone to loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rosiec

Hi Thinny minnie

As far as i know WW have an at home pack where you get the same details as you would from the meetings. Me personally i wouldnt be so successful without going to meeting but thats the way i am. It has to be something that works for you and your life style. Best of luck what ever you do.

Also wanted to say after a horrible 5 pounds UP last week, i was down 7 this week............no idea how that happened as i wasn't particularly good. But i'll take it as it comes, especially as i'm now 3 stone down!!! Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi thinnyminnie,

I think if you are really focussed an determined you could do it at home but I know for me personally that without the support of the meeting and my leader I wouldn't succeed!!

I have been to WW many times and got fed up and left! I think you need to focus on yourself and do it for YOU for it to work! Maybe try find a leader that inspires you. Some can be a bit hit or miss. Get yourself into the right mindframe and take WW one step at at time. Don't try and be perfect at the start just make one change each week.

Stick with it and give it your all. The program works once you use it properly and follow it. Perseverence is the key! Just stick with it week after week!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement