Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Hi guys,

I just wondered if it is possible to do weight watchers sucessfully from home? I have been going to classes on and off for years but never really got anywhere. So....Ive decided to stop messing around and try again. I have all the books but just work late quite often so cant commit to a meeting.

Would it work if I weighed myself at home the same day every week and did the plan?

Have about 6 stone to loose.

I tried that last time only to put on a stone. Personally you need a weekly target and some one who(leader or other members) will nicely kick you up the arse when you do bad and praise you when your good.

Yes you do need the praise.

if you really cannot go to the meetings they have the on line option which looks good but i perfer the meetings myself.My mother in law comes down from dublin 2 hours every week to mind our 3 kids so my wife and I can go to the meetings, im lucky though otherwise we wouldnt get out the door

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

WooHoo!!! 10stone at WI tonight. So thrilled. One more pound for two stone gone.....hopefully next week or at least by month end. But more than that to be able to say I weigh 9 stone something....and to be telling the truth..... will be amazing.

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

well done to miss piggy and all other losers.

thankfully, i was 4.5 pounds down this week, so feel i am back on track.

half a pound more til i hit a 5 stone loss (for the second time :o)

i have a night out planned tomorrow, and a weekend at home with the folks, but the loss this week has given me teh motivation to stick to teh points.

nothing to lose but weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Rosiec - it could have been anything that put you up or made you loose it all but don't get disheatened when you are up 5lb as unless you have eaten 24/7 it is probably stress / period...

Thinnyminnie - I lost 3 stone going to a ww meeting - I made the time to go to meetings as I felt I deserved the time out but now due to final year in college I do not have time to go, as never leave college early enough and it requires going into Galway city, I am doing it at home as want to loose another 7lb to be at my ultimate goal weight!!! It can be done BUT IT REQUIRES REAL WILL POWER!! If you are serious about it and cannot get to a meeting at all at all - post your food diary religiously here and see how it works for a month and if no success I would suggest going to a meeting.

I find it can be hard but the encouragement from everyone here is great, the food diary is great too as on here everyone sees it whereas only you see it if you write it out!!!

Be brutally honest too, I graduated Monday and wrote everything I drank and ate - it makes you rethink...

Best of luck and any questions just ask!!!

Congrats Misspiggy, I hit the 10st mark (well 10st 13lb but saw 10st) and was delighted, 6lb to go:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

well i was down home today and my mum said have you lost weight your legs are very skinny!!:eek:, And guess what i was saying to hubbi the other day the only place the weight seems to be going off is my legs and they really were never a problem, i always had skinny legs, the problem is the belly and the boobs, when i was pregnant they both just grew and grew...and dont seem to be geing smaller even though i have lost 1 stone, anyways hopefully they will start to shrink very sooooooooooooooooon:D

• Advertisement

wantolose wrote: »
    well i was down home today and my mum said have you lost weight your legs are very skinny!!:eek:, And guess what i was saying to hubbi the other day the only place the weight seems to be going off is my legs and they really were never a problem, i always had skinny legs, the problem is the belly and the boobs, when i was pregnant they both just grew and grew...and dont seem to be geing smaller even though i have lost 1 stone, anyways hopefully they will start to shrink very sooooooooooooooooon:D

We can do a swap - I easily (ish) loose weight from my top half but it takes serious sweat to loose it from my bottom half...

:D:D:D:Dim just sitting here laughing!
    even one of the girls said to me at work the other day, you really only have weight on top....cow...anyway she is obsessed with weight, she is always looking into peoples mouths when they are eating and then when they leave the staff room she has a smart arse comment to make about them, im sure she does the same when i go out... i never see her eat anything:confused:
    anyway here to being a LOSER:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Pembily wrote: »
    We can do a swap - I easily (ish) loose weight from my top half but it takes serious sweat to loose it from my bottom half...

Lol, I'm like wantolose, all my weight tends to go on my tummy/ hips but my legs tend to remain weirdly lean and muscular! Thankfully have lost a bit so I look more in proportion, as opposed to an egg on legs :pac:

wantolose wrote: »

Hey wantolose. Well done you. I just want to say that it took a while for my weight loss to spread. My face and legs just seemed to empty out very quickly and I really didn't look too good. But it has balanced out a lot and I look like myself again. Maybe you are the same???:rolleyes:

Thanks others for the kind words......its great to have the support.;)

ya im looking a bit funny alright, hubbi says he can see the weight loss the last few weeks, he didnt at first:rolleyes: but he is a bit concerned about the boob loss....ok enough said:P
    just hope im not going to look like a muffin on chop sticks myself:eek:, good night all, my little man is teething and is like a demon today, so im off to bed and see if i can get a few hours sleep in as he is sure to be up screaming...always when DADA is on nightduty!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hi all,im gone to the dogs,i seem to lose a few pounds and then say **** it ,put it all back on,feel like ****! i know i feel much better when im eating healthier so i don`t know why i do it to myself! i feel like a big "flob" 2nite! i was at aeriobics 2nite and am starting aqua aerobics 2moro nite,wi in also and i wasn`t at ww last week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

hollyhock wrote: »
    hi all,im gone to the dogs,i seem to lose a few pounds and then say **** it ,put it all back on,feel like ****! i know i feel much better when im eating healthier so i don`t know why i do it to myself! i feel like a big "flob" 2nite! i was at aeriobics 2nite and am starting aqua aerobics 2moro nite,wi in also and i wasn`t at ww last week!

Hi Holly

I know exactly how you feel I seem to be hovering around the stone mark the last 3 weeks im up and down like a yo yo.. This week i started a proper routine and im moving soon which will add another 90 mins walking a day to my routine so fingers crossed, But im hoping to get my stone tomorrow no matter what!

How much have you lost so far? remember theres at least 5 more WI's before xmas you could easily be down a dress size :) im aiming for another half stone! Best of luck and let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Down 5 lbs this week, making a total of 39 since I started.
    Delighted with the progress, hopefully I'll be able to keep it up, only another 61 to go!!

onehundred wrote: »
    Down 5 lbs this week, making a total of 39 since I started.
    Delighted with the progress, hopefully I'll be able to keep it up, only another 61 to go!!

hi onehundred. That's 39 in seven or eight weeks for you isn't it. Really well done. You are flying. You must be feeling bionic at the moment. A big thumbs up to you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SlimminKaren

Hi, im finally back on track to go ahead and reach my goal weight, my weight loss journey began in Feb 2007 when over the course of 14 months i lost 4 and a half stone :D:D:D:D it was a life changing experience and i went from a size 22 to a size 14, i was 19 at the time and it completly changed my life!! i decided i was happy at this weight and stopped going to weightwatchers, after over a year and 3 months i returned last week! i had put on 7 pound since my weigh in the last time. I am back on track and sailed into it again, i lost 3 and half pound this week :D:D which im delighted about, i am lookng forward to seeing the slim new me in the coming few weeks!!! any tips will be greatly appreciated or i can gladly share some of my successful tips!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Sitting here waiting to go to weigh in!!!

Bit nervous! Have been really good but since I got into the twelves it's really slowing down!!

It shouldn't like because I still have a bit to go yet but it has slowed down!!

Anyone else had this experience. I know I've been at it a while now but didn't think it would slow down so soon!

Goes in fits and starts for me. Weeks with very little to show and then bang a good week. Can't say why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Would have to agree here. The lightest weight I have gotten to was 13st 12lb so when I got here again I found it hard to get below it. Had loads of slow weeks! Then in the last 5weeks I lost half a stone! And am now 13st 2.5lb.

You have lost a fair bit so far so its going to slow a bit. I am nearly at the 4stone mark and I think when you have lost alot of weight the key is just keep persevering! I find that I dont' get good losses for a few weeks then I lose 4lb in a week! Same the last few weeks, stayed the same, then lost a half then bam lost 3lb which is good for me.

I think just focus on how far you have come and appreciate every 1/2lb! It really helps and makes you appreciate your results so far.

Good luck with weigh in! ;)

I was up 2lb this morning and am sitting here on my third cookie and 6 jellies!!!

Drinking Monday really demotivated me... Havn't eaten too badly but today was the first time I got any exercise since Sunday as feet were too nackered to do anything bar get me to college!!!

I am finding getting from 11st to 10st 7 really really hard, yes I know I have come along way and all that but I just want to see 10st 7 but can't seem to motivate myself and the even though I resited the chips at lunch and had a very healty stir fry for dinner I still ploughed into 3 biscuits...

HELP....

DWG - got that navy dress you got - it's fab :):) How was wi?

Sorry for rant...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 saffron77

Hi all,

Its great to read so many other peoples stories. I was feeling really de-motivated when I came home from WI and had put up half a pound. But i have decided now to track very strictly this week. Thanks especially to eimhearwwl for saying to re read booklets etc.
    I got out my WW cookbooks and am trying new recipes. Walking mad too.
    Hopefully it will pay off next tuesday at WI.
    There are so many people here who have lost so much weight- it really gives me hope. So four pounds to go to get my second shiny stone:)
    Surely I will get there by Christmas!!:confused: Best of luck to all this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Cool Pembily!! I love it!! Wore it to a thing on Sunday night and I got so many compliments! Wore it with a navy belt and a gold buckle, navy tights, v. high navy patent heels and a gold long chain with pearl! Really did feel good in it! God lovely compliments and a girl I hadn't seen in awhile didn't recognise me!!! :D

Well went to weigh in!

And!!

- 2 pounds!!!!

And me moaning about it slowing down!! (touches wood just in case!!!)

Was very happy as did put in a good effort this week! I am delighted to be in the 12 stones but I think my general feeling this week was that I just want to get to goal! NOW!! :P No patience at the min! ha! Not helped by a girl beside me at WW getting her goal! She's done fantastically!!! So jealous!! ;)

Treated myself to a chinese this evening and think I have gone slightly over points but had a few saved!

Have another event tomorrow evening! So might give navy dress another go! Or might be daring and wear the one armed pink animal print one!!! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all...

Just been checking up on the latest posts...iv completely lost my mojo...Jus keep eating watever whenever...I had my party and everythin...i think missin the few weeks kickin me outa line...after only gainin 1.5lb I still have snapped back to it dis week...very busy wi wrk/college any excuse really..!! But im starting to feel frumpy again iv now 16lb to goal...and I would love to have 6lb gone before xmas..!!

i think iv just gotten so excited at the new me i lost track of everythng!! I really hope today is the day im back on track..!! Gonna try and and track in advance and wi next thurs or fri where possible!!

Oh im saying a prayer i can a good week back!!! I reallly need to...!!! :D

Good luck to all for week ahead!!!

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi all...

Just been checking up on the latest posts...iv completely lost my mojo...Jus keep eating watever whenever...I had my party and everythin...i think missin the few weeks kickin me outa line...after only gainin 1.5lb I still have snapped back to it dis week...very busy wi wrk/college any excuse really..!! But im starting to feel frumpy again iv now 16lb to goal...and I would love to have 6lb gone before xmas..!!

i think iv just gotten so excited at the new me i lost track of everythng!! I really hope today is the day im back on track..!! Gonna try and and track in advance and wi next thurs or fri where possible!!

Oh im saying a prayer i can a good week back!!! I reallly need to...!!! :D

Good luck to all for week ahead!!!

xx

Hey Shelly!

Your doing fantastic and you will deffo have that 6 off by christmas!
    everyone has bad weeks even months the main thing is not giving up!
    Your an inspiration to everyone here on the thread the amount of weight you have lost is unreal! and I look forward to hearing all about your losses over the next few weeks :)

All you need is 1 good week to get back on track!

Ive had a bad few weeks so looking forward to a few healthy ones :)

R x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dropkick murphy

Hi all,

First time poster here.. I've decided to start back to WW - I did it a couple of years ago and lost 1.5 stones and felt fantastic, but this year my weight seems to have spiralled out of control and I'm heavier than I was when I first started WW. :( Working late and a long commute have not helped and I'm not as active as I used to be .. its gotten to a stage where it is really affecting my self confidence and I need to fix it asap!

So my meeting will be on Tuesday (1st one available in my area) but I'm going to try and be good this weekend and get in the mindset of WW in advance. I have no idea of what is what in points anymore .. any good sources of information that I can use to get me going?

Thanks girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

lots2lose wrote: »
    Hey Shelly!

Your doing fantastic and you will deffo have that 6 off by christmas!
    everyone has bad weeks even months the main thing is not giving up!
    Your an inspiration to everyone here on the thread the amount of weight you have lost is unreal! and I look forward to hearing all about your losses over the next few weeks :)

All you need is 1 good week to get back on track!

Ive had a bad few weeks so looking forward to a few healthy ones :)

R x

That post given me such a boost..your kind words mean alot and im prayin that i can get back on track an feel good with losses again!!!

Best of luck to your for week too...

Thanks again..

Onwards an downwards as the saying goes!!!;)

Shell xx

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

lots2lose,ur dishing out the motavation this week ta! i lost 1.5 stone about 6yrs ago,changed job,workin with food a lot and a canteen also so between picking etc put it plus a bit more on again! just struggling now,have a few lbs gone but yo~yoing a lot,am back up 6.5lbs in last month!weighing in at 13.6 on ww scales at mo,don`t think i`ll ever get to target of 10.6,got to 11.4 before and was quite happy at that about size 14!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xmas babe

Hi everyone,

Well its a stay the same this week for me. Not surprising really as had a couple of meals out and also am absolutely smothered with a chest infection as is my toddler so have been hitting the chocolate this week and feeling very sorry for myself!

Oh well here's to a better week this week. Good luck to everyone !

Staying the same is better than being up!!!!! Don't forget that, better to be the same than up!!!!

Best of luck to all this week, we all seem to be sick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, so with 80 pounds lost, I'm starting to lose my motivation...........this is my thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055336690 but I've gotten a taste for yummy chocolate over the past few weeks (we had a few birthdays at work, and I caved!)........so I said I'd come on here for a bit of a kick from the others that don't read my own thread..........so HELP! I'm 18 pounds off my target of 7 stone and need a funt up the backside, so kick away PLEASE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

cjdun1 wrote: »
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, so with 80 pounds lost, I'm starting to lose my motivation...........this is my thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055336690 but I've gotten a taste for yummy chocolate over the past few weeks (we had a few birthdays at work, and I caved!)........so I said I'd come on here for a bit of a kick from the others that don't read my own thread..........so HELP! I'm 18 pounds off my target of 7 stone and need a funt up the backside, so kick away PLEASE

Keep going Cjdun, Your diary was one of the first I read and it kicked me in the ass to start my own and start doing something. YOU CAN DO IT, just think how amazing you will look on christmas morning in a fab outfit, the total envy of all around you. Give yourself the best christmas present and do this for yourself (and us)
    80lb is mind blowing and you should be so proud of yourself for working so hard to lose it. post up some before and after photos and that should help motivate you. Look at the difference in Jwacqui and dolourous before and afters.

C x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement