Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hi cjdun, 80lb is amazing, it came off 1lb at a time, but it will go back on 4/5/6lb at a time!!!! It would be so easy to put it back on, but the main thing I will say is we all reach a plateau so if this is yours relax a bit (even though you are not at goal) but keep an eye as if you keep pushing too hard you will just fall off totally!!!!

But remember you worked so hard to get here and one choc here and there is grand but 4 a day is going to bring you back to your original weight!!!!

It is a devestating feeling realising you have put back on half or all of the weight that took sweat and tears to come off!!!!

Look at old pics and old clothes and realise that the chocolate IS NOT WORTH IT!!! Again one or two are ok if you exercise but 4/5 are not worth it...

Chin up and remember how fab you will look at Christmas, people won't even recognise you :):) x

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

ok - so I'll give that I may have done damage in that I may be up on Wednesday night, but I've put my before and semi-after picture up as my desktop on the PC - am thinking of sticking it up in the kitchen just to stop me from eating rubbish.............aaaarrrrrrgggghhhh

thanks to all for the help - ass suitably funted!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

just wondering where do you see the before and after photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

cjdun1 wrote: »
    ok - so I'll give that I may have done damage in that I may be up on Wednesday night, but I've put my before and semi-after picture up as my desktop on the PC - am thinking of sticking it up in the kitchen just to stop me from eating rubbish.............aaaarrrrrrgggghhhh

Post it up on your food diary so WE CAN ALL TELL YOU HOW WONDERFUL YOU ARE DOING.... go go you!!!!

• Advertisement

hollyhock wrote: »
    just wondering where do you see the before and after photos?

Some of the girls have posted photos on there food diary

Post it up on your food diary so WE CAN ALL TELL YOU HOW WONDERFUL YOU ARE DOING.... go go you!!!!

I'm not going to put it in the thread, but have put it on flickr and would have no problem PM'ing the link to anyone that wants to see it

I'm not going to put it in the thread, but have put it on flickr and would have no problem PM'ing the link to anyone that wants to see it

I would love to see the link. PM me. You are doing great.

Would love to see your pics, il try get a before nd after for you in return!!! I can then tell you how savagly you have done :)

Random comment but its kinda the way I am feeling...

Just want everyone on here to know that the support ye give me and give each other is pretty amazing and really helps me / us get to our healthy goal weight!!!

The weight loss journey is hard but ye all make it easier!!!! Thanks Em

• Advertisement

ditto on Pembily's comment

Pembily - have sent that now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Ooo Can you send me the link too? Please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all!
    hope your all having a good week so far. i was down another half lb this morning. was happy enough as i thought i would have stayed the same or gained as i didnt have a great week got no exercise what so ever. so im off on my holidays this friday at last! had a little chat with my leader as im going to miss WI next week and she gave me a few tips to try keep things under control while im away. im going to enjoy myself as i think i deserve it but im still going to try keep things under control as well so wish me luck!!!!!

cjdun1- all i can say is wow!!! you have come sooooo far and its all down to the hard work YOU have put in. to come this far is such an achievement you must feel sooo great about yourself so just imagine what it will feel like to get to your ultimate goal:D:D keep it up your doing FAB;);)

best of luck to all with WI this week:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 saffron77

Hi everyone,

Had my WI tonight. Lost 2 and a half pounds. Only one and a half to go now to reach two stone.:D I was really peeved last week when I put up a half a pound, but i got re-motivated reading all your posts. Especially you cjdun . I read your entire thread and it is absolutely amazing. Your weight loss is phenomenal. :)
    So i tracked religiously and it seems to have paid off this week. Taking tonight off tonight from excercise. Back on track again tomorrow.
    Best of luck to everyone with your WI's this week. Lets give it a push now coming up to Christmas.
    Thanks again to all who post here- it really does help. It is nearly as good as the WW meetings to motivate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

hi guys, well im down in the dumps i was up 1 lb today:eek::mad:, i really was fairly good this week and brought food to work etc and i pointed everything, i know i didnt get to much walking in this week because of the bloody rain, anyways i will just have to be very strict this week. it could be worse i guess!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rosiec

Hi guys,

Just thought i'd echo the previous few comments about the fantastic support on this thread. I know i'm not a big poster, more a lurker ;) but the advice, support and encouragment given to anybody who asks is brilliant.

Dont sweat it too much wantolose, could be due to your time of the month or any number of reasons. Keep at it and maybe double check your portion sizes (thats usually what bites me in the ass on weeks when i think i've done better!)

Finally, had my WI last night have somehow have lost 6.5 pounds :eek: dont ask how, i have no idea.......i did save a few points everyday for a meal out last night but nothing major. But I'll take it as it comes! Thats 3.5 stone exactly, so fingers crossed for 4 st by Christmas!

wantolose wrote: »
    hi guys, well im down in the dumps i was up 1 lb today:eek::mad:, i really was fairly good this week and brought food to work etc and i pointed everything, i know i didnt get to much walking in this week because of the bloody rain, anyways i will just have to be very strict this week. it could be worse i guess!!!

wantolose - buy a stepper - I bought one for the nights that I couldn't be arsed going out walking and just do it through a show you have to watch - I do it through Strictly every evening - it's my way of getting my exercise and seeing my fave show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dropkick murphy

Hi all,

well started back to WW last night - went about 4 years ago and lost 1.5stone but have since put it all on (and then some :( )

weighted in at 13.6stone :eek: - so a long way to go - although I didn't get a goal weight at my WI which seemed a bit strange to me? Does this happen at the next WI?

Looks like this is a good group for tips and motivation - god knows I know all the help I can get .. probably not a great time to start with xmas and all around the corner but I have my mind set and a skinny pair of jeans that I am determined to get back into!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lelito

Hi, I know its still a couple of weeks away but does anyone know of any classes on during Christmas week around Dublin? Monday 21st, Tuesday 22nd or Wed 23rd? Trying to figure out when my last weigh in will be to limit the damage I do during the break:D! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

hi all,

im new on here, re-joined today was a member a few yrs ago after i had my dd, hav managed to keep d weight off till i went to oz for 4wks in oct put on 10lbs:eek::eek:. weighed in today 9lbs 4. really want to get back to 8lbs 8 asap, then down to my ideal weight 8lbs 5 think ill find it hard as ive something on every wkend till xmas:(. hope you guys can help:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rosiec

lelito wrote: »
    Hi, I know its still a couple of weeks away but does anyone know of any classes on during Christmas week around Dublin? Monday 21st, Tuesday 22nd or Wed 23rd? Trying to figure out when my last weigh in will be to limit the damage I do during the break:D! Thanks

Hi Lelito,

As far as i know there are no ww classes that week, the last wi's of 2009 will be during the 14th-20th. If you're trying to restrict damage maybe you could attend a meeting later on in the week so you're closer to christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mermaidgal86

Hey guys,

Joined WW 5 weeks ago, on the sixth one now and am down 16lbs so far so another 29lbs to go! I've been watching the thread on and off for the past few weeks and it looks really great for support etc! :)

I was wondering if anybody had any tips for a college student? I have a pretty hectic schedule being a postrgad with constant deadlines and stress etc etc and I find that I need my "treats" just to give me that 'fix' so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on possible substitutes? Like for eg I have a mini bag of jelly tots (2 points) or curly wurly (2 and half) or jaffa cakes (1/2 point each) and possibly some diet coke/coke zero just give me that extra kick and while I would love to grab a carrot or stick of celery instead they just don't cut the mustard when Im staying up late! So if anyone has any ideas on how to limit them I'd really appreciate it cause I'd like to maximise my weight loss. Would increase in exercise help if I still had them? I always account for them but still...

Also I seem to be smoking more these days now as well :( has anyone else found that? I think tis the stress but it's really annoying!!

Hey guys,

Joined WW 5 weeks ago, on the sixth one now and am down 16lbs so far so another 29lbs to go! I've been watching the thread on and off for the past few weeks and it looks really great for support etc! :)

I was wondering if anybody had any tips for a college student? I have a pretty hectic schedule being a postrgad with constant deadlines and stress etc etc and I find that I need my "treats" just to give me that 'fix' so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on possible substitutes? Like for eg I have a mini bag of jelly tots (2 points) or curly wurly (2 and half) or jaffa cakes (1/2 point each) and possibly some diet coke/coke zero just give me that extra kick and while I would love to grab a carrot or stick of celery instead they just don't cut the mustard when Im staying up late! So if anyone has any ideas on how to limit them I'd really appreciate it cause I'd like to maximise my weight loss. Would increase in exercise help if I still had them? I always account for them but still...

Also I seem to be smoking more these days now as well :( has anyone else found that? I think tis the stress but it's really annoying!!

Hi and welcome :) This recipe is thanks ti Eimhearwwl, it is gluten free and I added some dark chocolate chips which melted and were fab. I also leave the raisins out as don't like them... Also leave out the sweetner as try limit my sugar intake!? 40g of chocolate is 4pts which will bring it up to 20 in total. add the chocolate pieces into the mixture with the raisins

Oatey Raisin Bites [16pts]

150g porridge oats
    30g sesame seeds
    20g pumpkin seeds
    75g raisins
    10g sweetener
    4 egg whites
    1 level tsp cinnamon
    spray oil

Spread oats and seeds out on a baking tray and toast under the grill until golden brown [move them around every minute or so to avoid burning] allow to cool for 10 mins. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the raisins, cinnamon and sweetener, mix together and add the lightly beaten egg whites. Press into a sprayed 9-inch [22cm] tin and bake for 15-20 mins at 175-180 [GM6]. Allow to cool in the tin and cut into 16 pieces.

They are fabby and great for energy:):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Cjdun1
    Can't believe u said get a stepper. I'v got the wii, and because I'm hooked on a certain tv programme I just have to watch it. So to balance it out for the hour its on I'm stepping it out on the wii board, get a good hour on it. OK. here's a question for you. Had my step monitor tingy on the last time, and for each time you complete a step up n down it measured 4 steps, now as I get bored I'v counted me steps throughout the hour n I average @ 70/min, now that's up to 17,000 in the hour! Haven't been adding this to me exercise total. Just got to say to you, as me daughter would say, OMG girl. You are blo**y fantastic, just read a few pages of ur diary n its spurred me on again. Please, believe in what u have achieved and keep going forward, maintain if nothing else.

Am sort of semi looking forward to wi on fri, made a healthy choice sat when I was travellng (chick sambo) n suffered sumtin wicked for it. Appetite is back with avengence today/yest but am hoping it balances out.

good luck to all for this weeks wi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hey everyone

I love this thread have a pen and paper in my hand when reading it so I can write down the points in things:D
    I had been doin weight watchers in Jan and Feb then found out I was pregnant (was wondering why I wasnt losing weight:eek:) Had the baby 6 weeks ago so rejoined ww on Tues night and was delighted to hear I was 5 pounds lighter than when I had left:)
    Anyway I want to lose 3 stone altogether so a long way to go but determined to do it. Anyway will keep reading this thread as its great motivation. Good luck to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xmas babe

Hi everyone, (congrats on your new baby Ziggy23!)

Well I'm totally demotivated. I think its because of 2 reasons, the first is I'm still smothered with a chest infection and looking after my toddler who has the same, and is a REALLY bad patient! And the second is because I have absolutely zero energy I haven't been out to the shops to make sure I've low point foods in etc, am planning my meals alright but I seem to not be able to get enough chocolate! I'm hoping when I get better I will be back motivated and have enough energy to get out walking again.

Well I'll continue reading and posting, as already mentioned, the support here is so inspiring. I do weightwatchers online, but never bother posting in the community section, as this thread is much nicer.

Good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Frae

Hi all,
    I rejoined weight watchers two weeks ago and weighed in at 14st 9lbs which was about a stone heavier than I thought I was(clown) I'm the only man in the class and I'm hoping the mortification of walking in every week might spur me on.

I used to be in a men only class a few years ago but we all started going for a few pints afterwards, so it kind of defeated the purpose.Good laugh though.

Good luck to all. I’m not going to be the most frequent poster in the world, so please don't take offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody had any tips for a college student? I have a pretty hectic schedule being a postrgad with constant deadlines and stress etc etc and I find that I need my "treats" just to give me that 'fix' so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on possible substitutes?

Try chewing gum, it's great when the points are gone and I've started drinking hot water with some no added sugar cordial in it as I was finding cold water too difficult to drink in the winter. Something sweet with the added bonus of upping your water intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Down 2 lbs this week at the WI making a total of 41 lbs since starting.
    Need 1 more lb for 3 stone.
    Going really well since starting on 23rd Sep:
    10lbs, 5.5, 6, 5, 4, 3.5, 5 & 2.
    Only 59 more to go to reach my ideal weight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

onehundred wrote: »
    Down 2 lbs this week at the WI making a total of 41 lbs since starting.
    Need 1 more lb for 3 stone.
    Going really well since starting on 23rd Sep:
    10lbs, 5.5, 6, 5, 4, 3.5, 5 & 2.
    Only 59 more to go to reach my ideal weight!

well done!!! your doing great:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement