Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

paulam10 wrote: »
    well done donnaghm! thats brilliant! i'm not surprised you are proud of yourself!!! keep up the good work.:D

Thanks a mil paulam10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dropkick murphy

1st WI last night and was down 1.5 lbs - i'm delighted with it as i wasn't as good as I should have been and had a bold weekend - but a good enough start for me!

Hope everyone else is happy with their results this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ziggy23 wrote: »
    had my WI this evening only lost half a pound:( was very dissappointed but I know its my own fault as I wasnt writing down everything. Ah well just have to try harder!!!

1/2 lb down is still 1/2 lb down - its better than 1/2 lb up!!!! STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP!!!! You are doing well...:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Happy days, down 6 lbs at this weeks WI, making a total of 47 lbs.
    Delighted, have lost over 3 stone now. Knew I had a good week.
    Couple of hard weeks coming up now, but we'll see how it goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Pembily wrote: »
    1/2 lb down is still 1/2 lb down - its better than 1/2 lb up!!!! STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP!!!! You are doing well...:D:D

Once you're not putting on weight you're doing well.
    If you lost that every week you'd lose almost 2 stone in a year...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rosiec

Had my WI yesterday and was down 1.5 pounds, so i hit the -50 pounds mark :D Very happy with myself and absolutely chuffed, especially when i got a certificate from my leader, had no idea i'd get one at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beccerelda

Down 1lb after my first week. Not great for week 1 but a loss is a loss! :D Off to aqua aerobics now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Pembily wrote: »

Thanks Pembily!
    Yea ur right I'm 6 pounds lighter than wat I was before I got pregnant so it is a good start I suppose:) Am writing down EVERYTHING this week.
    Well done everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

onehundred wrote: »
    Once you're not putting on weight you're doing well.
    If you lost that every week you'd lose almost 2 stone in a year...

Yea your right. I think I was expecting a big loss at my 1st proper weigh in cos thats wat usually happens when I'm in WW....then again I've always only lasted a few weeks so maybe a smaller weighloss will be easier to sustain.

And well done u on ur weight loss:D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

went to lunchtime class 2day as i was on my day off work,i stayed the same,suppose it wasn`t too bad as i had a hectic week! so new start again 2moro!:confused:

• Advertisement

hollyhock wrote: »
    went to lunchtime class 2day as i was on my day off work,i stayed the same,suppose it wasn`t too bad as i had a hectic week! so new start again 2moro!:confused:

Exactly, have a good week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 green apple.

hi all only half a pound to goal but i cant believe im actually getting there. it has been an up down stay the same month for me. i have started spinning and it is really working great. only fear is the number of christmas parties first one starting this weekend. any one any tips for maintaining over the xmas season!!! good luck to everyone!!!:D:D:D:D

Down 2.5 lb today delighted - am at 10st 10.4lb!!!! 3.5 lb to goal :):):):) Best of luck to all this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Down 2.5lbs today. Would love to be down to 11st 7lbs for christmas. If I can keep to what I'm doing I think its doo-able.
    Anymore converts to the friday WI? I really find it keeps me on the straight and narrow and avoid SOME of the weekend temptations.

Good luck to all,

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Johnny Lamp

Hi all, any guys here (or is that a different thread?)

Rejoined 4 weeks ago and realised I needed some way of sharing between meetings to keep motivation levels so this thread is a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Hi all, any guys here (or is that a different thread?)

Rejoined 4 weeks ago and realised I needed some way of sharing between meetings to keep motivation levels so this thread is a great idea

im 6 weeks in to my second attempt. first attempt lost 52lbs but put it and more back on.

so far lost about 16lbs so going good whats ur history

Hi Gerry,

Suppose I've been in and out over the years, actually first went maybe 10-12 years ago in UK, lost maybe 42lbs, then figured I knew it all, so weight has been between 17st 4lbs and 13st 10lbs, rejoined about 2 years ago but floated in and out, Out for last c 1 year, now feel committed

Actually gave up the demon drink for Nov which made a hige difference - the two are intertwined for me, I drink - I eat!

Forgot to say I've lost 10.5lbs in last 3 weeks from a start of 15st 7lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey all!!

Lost ONE pound yesterday! Happy enough with that given I didn't do any exercise at all but would like to up my average to a bit more than that now really!! But a loss, is a loss and I'm happy to take it!! :D

I'm only 2 pounds off 50 pound gone now!!! REALLY want that for Xmas!!! I'm also only .2 off in my BMI to just (ha, 'just!') being in the overweight category! I know I shouldn't be there at all but after being in the obese one for Soooooo long I'm thrilled!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

Hi . well I just couln't bring myself forward on tuesday, I had my weigh in on tuesday night and I was horrified to discover that I had put on 1.5 lbs, thats 2.5 lbs on in the last 2 weeks. So I gave myself a big kick in the backside for that...I was ripping:mad: and one really does feel that 2.5lbs back on. Anyway I was really good since that, went out today and did some shopping for the weekend and I bought no goodies, hubby is on night duty for the weekend so there will be no need for goodies in the press! I made homemade soups, and dinners all week so hopefully it will pay off. The bloody rain is cracking me up, even the dog wont go out! Reading the threads really does give you a lift when your really down:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Johnny.
    All are Welcome here. It is an invaluable resource. Even if you just touch base to vent. But the advice you get here is great. It is a great way to keep on the straight and narrow between WI , some are doing it solo, but I think every person here has made several attempts at weight loss and life change.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all!!

So i got back from my week away late last night and first thing this morning i jumped on the scales:eek::eek::eek: from the looks of it ive put on about 5lbs during that week:eek::eek:

so im back today and trying to do some damage control over the next 3 days till i find out for sure how much damage ive done on tuesday at WI.wish me luck:o:o:o:o:o

just had a read through all the posts from during the week notice a newbie or two so welcome along and best of luck with your weight loss its all downhill from here!;)

congrats too to all those with losses:p

Qustion: I went on the lash last night and have today counted my points for yesterday as being 31 over my allowance (yes, THIRTY-ONE over:o!!!), should I

(a) chop 6points off my remaining days until Thu WI to compensate

OR

(b) just 3 less a day (heard somthing that that was limit) and hope for the best?

I will be a gymrat also to pay for my sins!

Thanks for the welcomes BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 paulam10

hi johnny. i'm doing ww using my old books so don't actually go to meetings (recession means no money) but when i went to meetings it was 4 points you could take off each day so i would do that and a few workouts in the gym. don't worry about yesterday. it's already done and everyone has days like that. just get back on track!! best of luck at the WI

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

johnny lamp if i remember correctly you can only save 4 points max from your daily allowance and you must use minimum 16pts a day.

if i was you i wouldnt worry too much about it like me and my holiday last week whats done is done you can only try now to make good choices till your next WI and see how it goes. draw a line under it now and keep on going;)

so after my shock and horror after my holiday ive been trying to get back into it since yesterday finding it ok so far so hopefully the scales wont show tooo much damage on tuesday at WI!!

stayed same on thurs,was happy with that as i wasn`t very good! so this week im trying a different approach,took points quizz and the points i can be on is 25 which is quite good! thats a good bit of food so you don`t have to be hungry,stuck to it fri,couple over yesterday and day but if i use my bonus points i`ll be grand! it`ll be interesting to see how it goes,1lb a week for 14 weeks would be a stone with mininium effort!watch this space.............;)

johnnylamp,4 get about the 31 "pints"or "points" whichever,just start again! at least you must have had a good nite! we still have to live our lives! keep on goin!:D

Thanks guys, was back in line yesterday, now will reduce by 4 pts perday, no lunches/dinners out forecast b4 thu WI so should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

hollyhock wrote: »
    johnnylamp,4 get about the 31 "pints"or "points" whichever,just start again! at least you must have had a good nite! we still have to live our lives! keep on goin!:D

+1 dont over stress the "catch up" just behave for the rest of your week till WI and compensate over ther next week because thats when it will catch up on you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Byrnish

Hi all, another male Weight Watcher here.
    Joined on 29th Oct with a starting weight of 16st 12lbs.

As of last Thursday's WI, I am now 15st 9.5lbs, so a total loss of 1st 2.5lbs in 4 WI's so safe to say I'm delighted.
    Can't believe how easy I'm finding the whole thing, to me I don't feel like I'm on a diet whatsoever, I feel more like I am taking a course on food and how it effects my body when I eat it if you know what I mean!!
    I have become a food studier, constantly scrutinising food labels for kcals & saturated fats in a constant search to find healthy tasty foods.
    It has helped enormously that my wife (so far she's lost 1st 0.5lbs too) has come along for the journey although she has left me to go to the classes by myself (typical!!).

However, after a few weeks of being incredibly strict on our dinners (lean meats & tons of veg with VERY small potato portions mostly) we are now looking for more & more recipes for tasty yet healthy foods. Any ideas or recipe suggestions or websites would be hugley appreciated.

Cheers and best of luck to ya'll!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement