Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DU.LLAHAN

Byrnish wrote: »
    Hi all, another male Weight Watcher here.
    Joined on 29th Oct with a starting weight of 16st 12lbs.

As of last Thursday's WI, I am now 15st 9.5lbs, so a total loss of 1st 2.5lbs in 4 WI's so safe to say I'm delighted.
    Can't believe how easy I'm finding the whole thing, to me I don't feel like I'm on a diet whatsoever, I feel more like I am taking a course on food and how it effects my body when I eat it if you know what I mean!!
    I have become a food studier, constantly scrutinising food labels for kcals & saturated fats in a constant search to find healthy tasty foods.
    It has helped enormously that my wife (so far she's lost 1st 0.5lbs too) has come along for the journey although she has left me to go to the classes by myself (typical!!).

However, after a few weeks of being incredibly strict on our dinners (lean meats & tons of veg with VERY small potato portions mostly) we are now looking for more & more recipes for tasty yet healthy foods. Any ideas or recipe suggestions or websites would be hugley appreciated.

Cheers and best of luck to ya'll!!!

Well done on the weightloss, check this site out for ideas
    http://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mclougl3

Hi guys
    I started wieght watchers about 7 weeks ago and am down 7 pounds which I'm deilghted with. Started at 11.8 and hoping to get down to 10.7.
    The last two weeks have been a disaster though:-( Can't seem to get motivated. Stayed the same last week and have a feeling I'm up this week!
    Can't eat many of the weight watchers products (not gluten free) and was wondering does anyone have any hints on what sweet things are fairly low in points?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

mclougl3 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I started wieght watchers about 7 weeks ago and am down 7 pounds which I'm deilghted with. Started at 11.8 and hoping to get down to 10.7.
    The last two weeks have been a disaster though:-( Can't seem to get motivated. Stayed the same last week and have a feeling I'm up this week!
    Can't eat many of the weight watchers products (not gluten free) and was wondering does anyone have any hints on what sweet things are fairly low in points?

Thanks

Are you a ceoliac or wheat intolerant? Do you / can you eat oats??

Meringues are great if you make them with sweeteners!!! It is hard to find low point gluten free things though as they up the sugar etc to make them taste better! You could always bake some ww recipes and use gf flour!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hey all!

well i had my WI this morning and was dreading it after my hols but to my surprise i was only up 2.5lbs. i was delighted as i really was expecting to be up at least 4 or 5. so im still within 7lbs of goal according to the scales (5.5lbs to be exact:eek:) so happy days im determined to get there by christmas!!

best of luck to all with WI this week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

Lost another 2 lbs yesterday. That's 22 lbs in 7 weeks. The short term objective is 28lbs in 10 weeks so I might just reach that target. Sounds amazing but in the context of how overweight I am, it's only a modest achievement.

• Advertisement

Hi pembily
    thanks for your reply. I'm a coeliac. All the gluten free stuff is so full of sugar alright. Il defo try do the meringues.

Must try find some good recipes for other stuff as well.
    Any other ideas would be welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

WI tonight I stayed the same:mad: I cant believe it I was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

:DHi, had WI tonight and thank god I lost the 2.5lb that i had put back on over the last 2 weeks of boldness:rolleyes:

I was really good, I made loads of soup, Carrot & Tarragon, Broccli, Leek and potato, and Carrot & Parsnip. I also made homemade beef stew and roast chicken with stuffing I used the ww whoemeal bread and fresh herbs. I have to confess I did have a little choc. But yippee I lost that 2.5lbs, because that really bothered me putting that back on:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

ziggy23 wrote: »

Ziggy, look at it as money in the bank, let your biody catch up with the work you have put in, don't sabotage yourself. easier said than done I know but stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Donnaghm wrote: »
    Lost another 2 lbs yesterday. That's 22 lbs in 7 weeks. The short term objective is 28lbs in 10 weeks so I might just reach that target. Sounds amazing but in the context of how overweight I am, it's only a modest achievement.

Well done, that's good work. Don't get too hung up on how much you have to lose long term, it can seem a bit daunting. You're doing great and if you can keep loosing even a pound a week you'll get there in the end.
    A pound a week is 4 st over a year... :)
    ziggy23 wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, you didn't gain anything. I feel that any week you don't gain is a positive...

I was down 2 lbs this week, which is an achievement considering I had a bad Thurs, Fri and Sat. Total of 49 lbs lost now, almost half way there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone!

Just want to say everyone here is doing amazing!! Whether you are having a fantastic run of it or having a bad time of it just stick with it! Perseverence and Patience are the key to success!! In the past I have stayed the same over a month and left and put back on the weight.

This time I have stuck with it no matter what. In the last month I had only lost a 1/2lb when I deserved more, instead of getting demotivated I just kept going. This week I was down 2.5lb and got my 4STONE!! :D DELIGHTED!! It really does pay off!!

Just keep going!! You are all doing great!! ;)

J x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 green apple.

hi all i recieved great news today in ww i have reached my goal. but now its up to maintain for the next three weeks and over xmas ill need all the help i can get... but it is a good feeling as i have never reached goal before!;) best of luck to all! :)

coeliac friendly foods.:pac:

please double check labels.:rolleyes:

jelly tots 2pts
    merangue .5 pt.
    curly wurly 2.5 pts.
    small popcorn 1.5 pts
    sugar free jelly 0 pts.
    tesco salt and vinegar rice cakes (large) .5 pt
    muller light 1.5pts
    small crunchie 1.5 pts
    diet drinks 0pts
    sugar free polo mints 1 pt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

hi all i recieved great news today in ww i have reached my goal. but now its up to maintain for the next three weeks and over xmas ill need all the help i can get... but it is a good feeling as i have never reached goal before!;) best of luck to all! :)

jelly tots 2pts
    merangue .5 pt.
    curly wurly 2.5 pts.
    small popcorn 1.5 pts
    sugar free jelly 0 pts.
    muller light 1.5pts
    small crunchie 1.5 pts
    diet drinks 0pts

Thats great well done!!!!

i started back 2wks ago had my first wi 2day (my dd was sick last wk) anyway i was up a 1lbs tbh i havnt done a thing in the last 2 wks to try and loose i even had a egg/bacon mcmuffin dis morn b4 d meeting i know im bad!!!! i just cant get my head into it:confused:, i just cant motivate myself im still a size8 so there is no shopping spree at d end to look foward to, it just really my jeans are abit tighter!! (i put on 10lbs when i was on hols in australia 4 a mth dat why im in ww). anyone got any advise?? i know i shouldnt really complain but the extra weight really bothers me.

enzo7 wrote: »
    Thats great well done!!!!

i started back 2wks ago had my first wi 2day (my dd was sick last wk) anyway i was up a 1lbs tbh i havnt done a thing in the last 2 wks to try and loose i even had a egg/bacon mcmuffin dis morn b4 d meeting i know im bad!!!! i just cant get my head into it:confused:, i just cant motivate myself im still a size8 so there is no shopping spree at d end to look foward to, it just really my jeans are abit tighter!! (i put on 10lbs when i was on hols in australia 4 a mth dat why im in ww). anyone got any advise?? i know i shouldnt really complain but the extra weight really bothers me.

Were you overweight before?? I lost most of my weight, now only have 6lb to loose and its very hard!!! Exercise as I find I just can't eat that little food... Or maybe for a kick start low cabs / no carbs for a while!!! The last few lb can be the hardest!!!

Mcloug3

This recipe is thanks to Eimhearwwl
    Oatey Raisin Bites [16pts]

150g porridge oats
    30g sesame seeds
    20g pumpkin seeds
    75g raisins
    10g sweetener
    4 egg whites
    1 level tsp cinnamon
    spray oil

Spread oats and seeds out on a baking tray and toast under the grill until golden brown [move them around every minute or so to avoid burning] allow to cool for 10 mins. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the raisins, cinnamon and sweetener, mix together and add the lightly beaten egg whites. Press into a sprayed 9-inch [22cm] tin and bake for 15-20 mins at 175-180 [GM6]. Allow to cool in the tin and cut into 16 pieces.

They are gorgeous and work as a breakfast bar too :):)

Apple Crumble with Custard

POINTS® Value: 5
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 30 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

700 g cooking apple(s), (Bramleys) peeled, cored and sliced
    2 tablespoon lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, (optional)
    2 tablespoon artificial sweetener, powdered
    100 g of gluten free flour, plain
    20 g oats, rolled
    1 pinch salt
    50 g polyunsaturated margarine
    40 g light brown sugar, demerara
    1 small pot low-fat ready to serve custard, (200ml)

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.

Toss the apples with the lemon juice and cinnamon (if using). Put them into a 1 litre (1 ¾ pint) baking dish with 5 tbsp water. Bake for 10 minutes whilst preparing the topping.

Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the rolled oats and salt. Rub in the margarine until the mixture looks like crumbs. Stir in the demerara sugar.

Remove the baking dish from the oven and stir the sweetener into the apples. Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the surface.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Share the crumble between 4 bowls and serve each portion with hot custard.

Enjoy the baking!!!

jelly tots 2pts
    merangue .5 pt.
    curly wurly 2.5 pts.
    small popcorn 1.5 pts
    sugar free jelly 0 pts.
    muller light 1.5pts
    small crunchie 1.5 pts
    diet drinks 0pts

Thanks a million for that list! Really appreciate it. Is the big curly wurly you but off the shelf only 2.5 points?! I would have thought it was at least 5. And i was counting 1.5 for meringue!

Lost 1lb this week. Am delighted as I wasn't very motivated! 2lbs to my 10% goal:-)

Pembily wrote: »
    Mcloug3

150g porridge oats
    30g sesame seeds
    20g pumpkin seeds
    75g raisins
    10g sweetener
    4 egg whites
    1 level tsp cinnamon
    spray oil

Spread oats and seeds out on a baking tray and toast under the grill until golden brown [move them around every minute or so to avoid burning] allow to cool for 10 mins. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the raisins, cinnamon and sweetener, mix together and add the lightly beaten egg whites. Press into a sprayed 9-inch [22cm] tin and bake for 15-20 mins at 175-180 [GM6]. Allow to cool in the tin and cut into 16 pieces.

Ingredients

2 tablespoon lemon juice
    20 g oats, rolled
    1 pinch salt

Instructions

Toss the apples with the lemon juice and cinnamon (if using). Put them into a 1 litre (1 ¾ pint) baking dish with 5 tbsp water. Bake for 10 minutes whilst preparing the topping.

Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the rolled oats and salt. Rub in the margarine until the mixture looks like crumbs. Stir in the demerara sugar.

Remove the baking dish from the oven and stir the sweetener into the apples. Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the surface.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Share the crumble between 4 bowls and serve each portion with hot custard.

Enjoy the baking!!!

Thanks a million. I konw what dessert I'l be having this weekend:-) Unfortunately I can't eat oats and those breakfast bars sound yum.
    Thanks to everyone for all the replies. I'm hoping to get to my 10% goal this week so I'l be trying out all these recipes:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

Were you overweight before?? I lost most of my weight, now only have 6lb to loose and its very hard!!! Exercise as I find I just can't eat that little food... Or maybe for a kick start low cabs / no carbs for a while!!! The last few lb can be the hardest!!!

I joined ww 3yrs ago after i had my dd, the weight came off easy enough, i was back to normal in about 4/5mth, since them i havnt worried about my weight i pretty much eat what i like, i do walk everywhere so i guess that helped keep the weight off, when we were in oz we drove everywhere so there was no walking, iknew i had put on weight but 10lbs i was shocked!!! im going to start in the morn fresh and track everything, and hopefully if i loose even 1lbs nxt wk it will motivate me. i know what your saying the last few lbs are the hardest but i havnt lost anything yet!!! aaaah im just feeling sorry 4 myself 2day!

mclougl3 wrote: »
    Thanks a million. I konw what dessert I'l be having this weekend:-) Unfortunately I can't eat oats and those breakfast bars sound yum.
    Thanks to everyone for all the replies. I'm hoping to get to my 10% goal this week so I'l be trying out all these recipes:-)

You can buy gluten free oats!!!!! Congrats on the loss :)

enzo7 wrote: »
    I joined ww 3yrs ago after i had my dd, the weight came off easy enough, i was back to normal in about 4/5mth, since them i havnt worried about my weight i pretty much eat what i like, i do walk everywhere so i guess that helped keep the weight off, when we were in oz we drove everywhere so there was no walking, iknew i had put on weight but 10lbs i was shocked!!! im going to start in the morn fresh and track everything, and hopefully if i loose even 1lbs nxt wk it will motivate me. i know what your saying the last few lbs are the hardest but i havnt lost anything yet!!! aaaah im just feeling sorry 4 myself 2day!

DD?? Yeah it did come off easily enough in the beginning!!!! Track EVERYTHING, maybe start a food diary here (everyone can see what you eat), point for a week to bring protion sizes down and up exercise maybe?? It is tough right now I don't have time to exercise and am eating more than I need as I am up to my ears with projects and finals start Monday week!!!!

It will happen, honest... :):) As Jwaqui would say PERSEVERE :):):):)

• Advertisement

thanks. Will go looking for some. Those bars would be so handy:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 E26

Mcloug3

150g porridge oats
    30g sesame seeds
    20g pumpkin seeds
    75g raisins
    10g sweetener
    4 egg whites
    1 level tsp cinnamon
    spray oil

Ingredients

2 tablespoon lemon juice
    20 g oats, rolled
    1 pinch salt

Instructions

Enjoy the baking!!!

Thanks for the recipes.. definitely going to try them at the weekend. just wondering where can you pick up artifical sweetner I looked in Dunnes but I couldnt find it! Is there much difference between that and caster sugar, taste wise and points!

E26 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recipes.. definitely going to try them at the weekend. just wondering where can you pick up artifical sweetner I looked in Dunnes but I couldnt find it! Is there much difference between that and caster sugar, taste wise and points!

I use one you get in the healthfood shop - xyilotol don't notice a taste difference!!! Canderel / hermesetas are the ones you get in dunnes but don't know about them taste wise but points wise much lower than sugar!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 E26

I use one you get in the healthfood shop - xyilotol don't notice a taste difference!!! Canderel / hermesetas are the ones you get in dunnes but don't know about them taste wise but points wise much lower than sugar!!!!!

Thanks Pembily -will be hitting the healthshop this evening to buy some thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dropkick murphy

Hi all,

Reading through the posts and see some good recipes that I will definitely be trying out .. especially that apple crumble - Yum!

2nd week WI this week and down another 1lb so 2.5 in total - slow start but at least its going in the right direction.

Wondering if anyone has any good lunch box ideas? I'm getting a bit bored of the same pitta bread sanbo.. looking for quick and easy recipes that will help keep me on the right track!

Hoping for a good week this week. Also, anyone any tips on how to get through xmas without piling it all back on (and then some more) i've been resisting the urge to buy mince pies but don't know how long I'll last!!

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beccerelda

Wow, some of those recipes look great! Very disappointed at my WI last night even though I had stuck to my points and exercised during the week. :mad: I realised when I got home that I hadn't drank much water and I think that may have been the reason. Anyone agree? It's the only thing I can think of. Trying not to lose motivation as I'm only starting into my 3rd week!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Johnny Lamp

Wondering if anyone has any good lunch box ideas? I'm getting a bit bored of the same pitta bread sanbo.. looking for quick and easy recipes that will help keep me on the right track!

I've found Subway great, try the 6" Turkey and Ham, toasted on wheat bread, no cheese though, load up the veg and add chili sauce -only about 4 points:pac:

Hi all,

Reading through the posts and see some good recipes that I will definitely be trying out .. especially that apple crumble - Yum!

2nd week WI this week and down another 1lb so 2.5 in total - slow start but at least its going in the right direction.

Hoping for a good week this week. Also, anyone any tips on how to get through xmas without piling it all back on (and then some more) i've been resisting the urge to buy mince pies but don't know how long I'll last!!

Thanks guys :)

Do you have access to a microwave? Does it have to be sandwich / on the go based?? Soup is great, I don't eat sandwiches as I am a ceoliac... I bring soup, salad (yes still even in the winter - if you nuke the chicken / turkey its nice with the cold salady stuff) wraps are nice too, ryvita are tasty or cream crackers (not sure if they are good or bad in ww can't eat them so don't know sorry)!! Alot of the time I would have my dinner for my lunch as I just find I have more time to work it off!!!! A bean stew is nice too and not dinnery as it can be just beans, tomatoes, veg and that's it, nice and warm too :):)
    beccerelda wrote: »
    Wow, some of those recipes look great! Very disappointed at my WI last night even though I had stuck to my points and exercised during the week. :mad: I realised when I got home that I hadn't drank much water and I think that may have been the reason. Anyone agree? It's the only thing I can think of. Trying not to lose motivation as I'm only starting into my 3rd week!

One week I wasn't down at all even though I had been god and exercised and my jeans were looser, the following week I was down 2.5 lb, so persevere and it will happen!!!!!!!!

I drink about 2l a day, its great when you are hungry also green tea plus (in healthshops for 1.99) is a great green tea yet tastes kinda fruity :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beccerelda

Thanks Pembily. I'm trying to be extra good this week so that if I'll have a decent loss at my next WI. Must try that green tea, used to drink a blackcurrant flavour one which was lovely. May try and replace my skinny cappucinos with these!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I having a really sh1tty week...cannot stop eating:mad::( Have u get bk into the swing of things. Everyone is doin so well...well done:D Does anyone have any tips for gettin rid of the baby belly!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement