Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Hi all.
    Another week done and dusted. Think we are all having hit and miss days, did great for 5 of the 7 days, but twas those 2 days that did the damage. Managed toevercise every day, so far. Has anyone heard this one, exercise first time in the morning before you eat and just have some water, you'r supposed to get the body burning calories more efficiently?
    Only down .5lb this week, but down is down I suppose. Any suggestions on making green tea a bit nicer without adding points?

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hi all.
    Another week done and dusted. Think we are all having hit and miss days, did great for 5 of the 7 days, but twas those 2 days that did the damage. Managed toevercise every day, so far. Has anyone heard this one, exercise first time in the morning before you eat and just have some water, you'r supposed to get the body burning calories more efficiently?
    Only down .5lb this week, but down is down I suppose. Any suggestions on making green tea a bit nicer without adding points?

Best of luck to all.

Green tea plus - its a flavoured green tea quite nice I must say :) and I reakon it can help with my weight loss!!! I generally exercise first thing on an empty stomach for a few reasons - so its out of the way and life can't stop me exercising and cos it supposedly burns more, but I do it for convenience!!!! Down .5lb is better than being up!!!

Up 1lb this morning but I don't really mind had a bad week and going into another one (can exercise more this week though)!! College sememster is coming to an end so eating and study are all I can kinda do...

Still feeling super slim though :):):)

Best of luck to all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Hi all.

Best of luck to all.

Slice of lemon to green tea or blackcurrant and raspberry cordial really flavours gree tea and makes it very tasty!

Pembily wrote: »
    Up 1lb this morning but I don't really mind had a bad week and going into another one (can exercise more this week though)!! College sememster is coming to an end so eating and study are all I can kinda do...

Still feeling super slim though :):):)

Best of luck to all!!!
    Great that feeling ain't it.
    Maybe you have reached the point where u are starting to gain a bit if muscle?

A few tips I have if ur caught in a loop wit study and lack of exercise, simple stuff, sit on a core ball while studyng, alternate standing and sitting, if u can put stuff on ur ipod u'v gotta memorise n play while exercising, simple weights ( coupla tins ) and work em while studyng, clench and release working through major muscle groups. Good luck with xams.
    These are all things that are very simple n easy to do, dosent have to be just for study, can also be done in front of the tv! :p

Just finished going through the wardrobe, sad day, had to pass on stuff that I was looking forward to wearing, :eek::eek: skipped a size,( well half size,) the rest is in the pile to be adjusted. Decided I'm not gonna buy any more until I'm at/near goal weight. So its out with the needle and thread for the weekend. God,I love this. Am already eyeng up more stuff in the deepest darkest recessesssssss of the wardrobe, so out of date they are back in fashion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 green apple.

ziggy23 wrote: »
    I having a really sh1tty week...cannot stop eating:mad::( Have u get bk into the swing of things. Everyone is doin so well...well done:D Does anyone have any tips for gettin rid of the baby belly!!!

look bad weeks happen, for me i can even manage a bad month but just keep going to ww it will happen eventually.

as for the baby belly. i have just complete a beginners 6 week class in pilates and it is amazing. god knows what would happen if i did it every day look it up on u tube. much better than sit ups,etc i find them a little dull!!!!

best of luck!!!

look bad weeks happen, for me i can even manage a bad month but just keep going to ww it will happen eventually.

as for the baby belly. i have just complete a beginners 6 week class in pilates and it is amazing. god knows what would happen if i did it every day look it up on u tube. much better than sit ups,etc i find them a little dull!!!!

best of luck!!!

Are you serious? There is actually something u can do for "baby belly"?
    K. Can I ask. Is it like posh yoga?
    Am slogging through this life change but didn't really think the belly would every go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mclougl3

beccerelda wrote: »
    Wow, some of those recipes look great! Very disappointed at my WI last night even though I had stuck to my points and exercised during the week. :mad: I realised when I got home that I hadn't drank much water and I think that may have been the reason. Anyone agree? It's the only thing I can think of. Trying not to lose motivation as I'm only starting into my 3rd week!

Hi the same thing happened to me in my second week. in my first week I lost 3.5 pounds then only lost .5 in my second week. Basically I was leaving too long of periods between eating therefore slowing my metabolism down. Its important to eat plenty and regularly. It seems to be working ok for me- slowly but surely!

mclougl3 wrote: »
    Hi the same thing happened to me in my second week. in my first week I lost 3.5 pounds then only lost .5 in my second week. Basically I was leaving too long of periods between eating therefore slowing my metabolism down. Its important to eat plenty and regularly. It seems to be working ok for me- slowly but surely!

Little and often is the only way I can go, if I dont eat regularly I get staving and then eat too much... Also tend to eat less when I eat little and often :):)

Hi all, hope your weekend has gone better than mine.
    I'v said it before, never think, let alone say, that things are going well. Can't believe it. Have fallen off the wagon big time. For no good reason but it was there to fall off. Woke up this morning and all that kept hitting me were all the things I'd eaten yesterday, God, talk about a food hangover. Can't even blame the DEMON drink. Anyway enough moaning n grumping, back to basics again tomorrow, forgot to say have been twice as bad today.
    OK. Tis down in print now, so got to do it.

• Advertisement

Hi all, hope your weekend has gone better than mine.
    I'v said it before, never think, let alone say, that things are going well. Can't believe it. Have fallen off the wagon big time. For no good reason but it was there to fall off. Woke up this morning and all that kept hitting me were all the things I'd eaten yesterday, God, talk about a food hangover. Can't even blame the DEMON drink. Anyway enough moaning n grumping, back to basics again tomorrow, forgot to say have been twice as bad today.
    OK. Tis down in print now, so got to do it.

Oh I hear you, Friday was bad, Saturday was bad and today was just as bad!!! Must be something in the air... Back to it tomorrow as I like all my jeans being baggy and being closer to 10.5 stone than to 11!!! It's kinda sad but when I think about how overweight I was and how far I have come I nearly cry but it has been worth it and I sacraficed nothing and was never deprived and came out the otherside a happier healthier person!!!!

Monday is a new day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Having a dodgy weekend too!! Staying in points but have a meal out tomorrow and should be saving points!!! Not eating every single one!

I'll have to just pull back over the next few days after the meal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Hey guys!
    I'm new to weight watchers! I am 10stone 11lbs and I hope to get down around the 9 or 9 and a half stone mark! I don't have a goal weight really but I want to be the size I was 5 years ago before I met my boyfriend!! :rolleyes: I have been fooling myself all along and blaming the pill and getting older but now Im beginning to admit to myself I am overweight because I have been over eating!!! :o I decided that now is the perfect time to do something as my boyfriend has gone to Thailand for a few months, so my plan is to loose loads of weight and then head over to him at the end of February and feel good about wearing a bikini again!!
    So I've been doing ok with counting points and I'm finding it really easy to follow. I have always been good for excersizing but obviously I wasn't doing enough to burn off at least 3 takeaways per week!! :o I was so shocked to find that there is 4 points in 1 slice of dominos pizza.. I would have eaten a whole one myself!! :o
    So, my weigh in is tomorrow night again and I'm hoping I have lost a bit so I will be more motivated to work hard at it over the christmas period and try to at least not put on weight!! I will be saving points this week too as I am going for dinner on sunday with the girls which will most definitely involve some drinking!! I plan on sticking with vodka and diet 7up which I'll do easy enough as I am a vodka drinker anyway!!
    I want to be a little bit prepared so took a look at the menu for the restaurant we are going to, I'm finding it really difficult to pick something as I am not yet very good at calculating points!!! Could anyone point me in the right direction?.. I know the salmon would probably be good but I'm not big into fish but if everything else is going to be terrible I will reconsider the salmon!!!
    Here is the menu, I hope ye can help! :Dhttp://www.soho.ie/dinner.php

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

hi guys,
    Just started WW a week ago, first weigh in tomorrow, a bit scared that i havnt been drinking enough water though.. and had a bad weekend because i forgot my tracker... hopefully il be ok, would love to have lost a pound or two for motivation!! :)

hi lees, just had a quick look at the menu, if you keep in mind that veggies are 0points, then go for something with loads of veg so you get maximum satisfaction rather than a small salmon salad... the stir-frys which sound amazing and soy sauce is also 0points!!!

Thanks mdbatches! I didn't know soy sauce was 0 points! That's good to know!! I think I just panic a bit when I see a dish with lots of different items, I find it hard to serparate the ingredients and calculate points! Another problem I'm having is with portion sizes, but I suppose that will come with practice!! I might invest in a WW weighing scales!!
    Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!! :)

*Lees* wrote: »
    Thanks mdbatches! I didn't know soy sauce was 0 points! That's good to know!! I think I just panic a bit when I see a dish with lots of different items, I find it hard to serparate the ingredients and calculate points! Another problem I'm having is with portion sizes, but I suppose that will come with practice!! I might invest in a WW weighing scales!!
    Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!! :)

Hi and welcome :) any digital scales is grand!! Portion size comes with practice... Ask for any veg without butter as its easily done no matter what the chef says!!!!

Vodka and any diet mixer is best:)

From someone who has lost weight - it is worth the effort - you feels amazing!!

Advice- drink lots of water, eat fruit and veg, porridge is great for breakfast, eat little and often, have a treat day and start a food diary here - I find it great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope your all having a good week!:)

well i managed to lose the 2.5lbs i gained on my hols so i was delighted at WI this morning! wasnt really expecting to lose all of it tbh as i got no exercise last week.

so with only one more WI before xmas im determined to lose another few lbs next week and being 3lbs from goal it would make my christmas to lose those 3. the only thing that is playing on my mind is the fact that i am going out for a meal and drinks with friends this saturday so im hoping i dont do the reverse and put on 3 lbs instead of lose it!:eek::eek:

hi mdbatches and lees! welcome along im sure you will find plenty of advice and tips on here its great sometimes when you have a bad day/week to come on here and read through the posts for motivation.

as pembily says any digital scales will do it doesnt have to be the WW branded one as its quite dear. it does have the added advantage of calculating points for you though if i remember correctly. i would advise buying the little points calculator for 10e. i find it very handy using it along with my scales(which i bought in heatons for a fiver!) its also very handy and discreet to bring along when your doing your shopping to check the points on things as you go along!! i take mine everywhere just pop it in your bag and your away!;)

anyway best of luck to all this week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 E26

Hi Everyone.. im joining the club by saying what a bad weekend and couple of days im after having.. i just love chocolate.. its crazy really but one bit really makes you want more, and that i had over the last nuber of days:rolleyes: Trying to get back on track though.. just wondering does anyone know how many points corn on the cob would be?? i love the stuff and i think it would be better for me when i am perckish than chocolate...:)

E26 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone.. im joining the club by saying what a bad weekend and couple of days im after having.. i just love chocolate.. its crazy really but one bit really makes you want more, and that i had over the last nuber of days:rolleyes: Trying to get back on track though.. just wondering does anyone know how many points corn on the cob would be?? i love the stuff and i think it would be better for me when i am perckish than chocolate...:)

I think you should buy yourself a jar of 'Options', its what gets me through the week, its a hot chocolate drink with very low points (not sure exactly) but you can use up your daily portion of skim milk to make it and its so delicious!!! you can get it in loads of chocolatey flavours and its available in tesco and dunnes...;)

by the way... Lost 3.5 pounds this week!! delighted!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

Hi all, well I ha WI this afternoon and I have lost another 2lbs:D, so Im over the moon to say the least. Anyway I must try and be extra good this week, I have my work night out on friday but im thinking i will give it a miss. Anyway I must say I wasnt a big fan of the sugar free jelly, but I got a lemon & Lime one and a orange one and they are really nice, they really do hit the spot if you are longing for something sweet!:rolleyes:

Crashed my car today :mad::mad:- its a write off as is the railing on the roundabout but thankfully I am ok (very shocked and a sore toe) and I didnt hit anyone (miracously as it is a very busy round about in Galway and I skidded around for about 2minutes)!!!

So the eating began as the shock wore off - goujons and chips for lunch, chocolate, steak, onions, rashers, potato for dinner, chocolate, wine (near the end of the bottle) and jellies!!!!

No matter how good you think you get with emotional eating life kicks up and brings you back to eating :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 saffron77

Hi everyone

You poor thing Pembily. You must have got an awful fright. I would not worry too much about eating after that- the main thing is you are okay.

I had my WI today. Put up a pound but not too bad as i was in england for the weekend and so did not get as much excercise or stick to points rigidly. Now back to two pounds off two stone. hopefully can do it before christmas.

Good luck to all this week.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

saffron77 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

You poor thing Pembily. You must have got an awful fright. I would not worry too much about eating after that- the main thing is you are okay.

I had my WI today. Put up a pound but not too bad as i was in england for the weekend and so did not get as much excercise or stick to points rigidly. Now back to two pounds off two stone. hopefully can do it before christmas.

Good luck to all this week.:)
    i was in manchester the week end on shoppin trip,so even tho there was a lot of walkin done and carrying bags,there was a lot of eating done too! then there was a lot of chocolate bought because its way cheaper! anyway before i went fri morn,i had wi thurs eve i stayed same,so if i can hold that til xmas i`ll be happy out! on the down side im half a stone heavier this xmas than last year!(even tho i was at ww most of yr)so roll on 2010,actually jan 6th,my birthday,so i never really start resolutions til after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

E26 wrote: »

i am also a chocoholic so i know how you feel ;) it doesnt matter what it is if its got chocolate on it i will eat it!!!!!:o someone has mentioned the options hot chocolate drink and i have to say they are a great idea i use the cadburys highlights one in the individual sachets they work out at 1 point each if you make them with hot water and they are really chocolatey too.;) also ive discoverd WW hot chocolate drinks now too they are 1 pt also and are quite nice.
    also for a chocolate treat i get snack a jacks rice cakes in chocolate flavour they are 1pt and great with a cup of tea, sweet enough that you only want one, tastes like proper choclate too not that fake stuff!! and they have little choclate chips on them too.;)

anyway hope ive given you some ideas welcome to the club and best of luck with all your losses:D

pembily- like others have said dont worry about your eating this week long as your ok thats the main thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Down 4 lbs this week. Next week will be a test, Christmas party coming up.
    We'll see how it goes. 53 lbs lost so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

I think this month must be the hardest to lose weight, what with Christmas, the dark evenings, the bad weather. Everything is stacked against us until January... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Johnny Lamp

onehundred wrote: »
    Hey onehundrede, great progress!

How can you pull off a weight loss of 4lbs in 1 week at this stage, that must be unusual and difficult as I find the weight loss really slows after the first stone?

Anyway well done and you msut look totally different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 green apple.

onehundred wrote: »

one hundred you are some inspiration. i joined about the same time as you and i cant believe your numbers every week. fair play. (pat on the back).

its my birthday today and i am still at goal so im happy out that was my wish when i joined 14 weeks ago. im so delighted.

just a recommendation from a girl that has read almost every diet book!! my new one is marisa peer and her book (you can be thin)

its a bit psychological, it answers questions like.
    why do you eat the way you eat?
    what kind of eater you are?
    how to stop cravings?
    and more information on foods such as bread and milk.

well worth a read to add to all the ideas from weight watchers.

• Advertisement

Had my first WI last night and lost 1.5lbs! I'm happy that I lost something but really stuck to everything and thought I would loose more because it was my first week!! Anyway, it's something and I'm happy I'm going down and not up!! :)
    1 thing i know I haven't been good at doing was drinking water, I know I need to work harder at this! I've never been a big water drinker!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement