Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Pembily wrote: »
    Crashed my car today :mad::mad:- its a write off as is the railing on the roundabout but thankfully I am ok (very shocked and a sore toe) and I didnt hit anyone (miracously as it is a very busy round about in Galway and I skidded around for about 2minutes)!!!

So the eating began as the shock wore off - goujons and chips for lunch, chocolate, steak, onions, rashers, potato for dinner, chocolate, wine (near the end of the bottle) and jellies!!!!

No matter how good you think you get with emotional eating life kicks up and brings you back to eating :(:(:(

Crap, and double crap. :eek: Really sorry to hear that. It's one of the worst things out, and made twice as bad when u walk away! Sounds a weird thing to say but its when the ould grey matter starts working overtime thinking about "what if ?"
    It's happened, you survived, and you are coming out the other side of it, now you need to look after yourself.
    Sometimes concentrating on the practical stuff can get you through it. You know you can't do anything about what you have eaten, you have identifyed its emotional/shock, so now, put it to one side and start again, AGAIN. :rolleyes:
    The aches and pains will really start to kick in now but to be honest a bit of exercise will ease em, nothing to MAD just enough to get the blood flowing, release a few endorphins, get that good feeling going again.

I'm no way near in the same boat, all self induced. Just can't stop eating! Took a peek at the scales and I'm + 4lbs for the last week so far. FFS. Told ya, should never, ever, ever say things are going well. Have just spent the last 10 days altering my clothes so if I don't stop NOW all I'l have to wear is pj's and trackies!!!!!!!! LOL Took your advice and gave away all the rest. Might just be the swing vote betwixt me hand and mouth. :p:mad::p:mad::p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Pembily wrote: »
    Crashed my car today :mad::mad:- its a write off as is the railing on the roundabout but thankfully I am ok (very shocked and a sore toe) and I didnt hit anyone (miracously as it is a very busy round about in Galway and I skidded around for about 2minutes)!!!

So the eating began as the shock wore off - goujons and chips for lunch, chocolate, steak, onions, rashers, potato for dinner, chocolate, wine (near the end of the bottle) and jellies!!!!

No matter how good you think you get with emotional eating life kicks up and brings you back to eating :(:(:(

Oh god you poor thing, just mind yourself and dont worry about the food. I can understand kitting the food after a shock. Dont feel guilty about it and just start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Hi!!

How are we all getting on this week? I lost 1/2lb on tuesday so thats 4st 1/2lb now. Want to lose 1pound this week to get into the 12stones!! Hopefully it'll happen this week!!
    :D

On track so far this week, going out for my friends birthday tomorrow so I gotta be good and then I'll be flying for the rest of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

i was up 3lbs tonight! 2 weeks before xmas! need i say anymore??????????:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 never give up

Just started weight watchers two and a half three weeks ago. Im 19 stone 5 which was a big shock but also a massive wake up call. I must say its my favourite diet. I have cut back on my food take massively and I look forward to my weight watchers meal in the evening time which i bulk up with salad, i dont deprive myself completely I still have a treat of a weight watchers bar. So far ive lost ten pounds and exercise for 20 min 4 days a week I never thoughd id see the day. Im finding easier not viewing it as I diet but a lifestyle change and making healthier choices so heres hoping I can stick to it, change my ways and drop this nine stone that I want and need gone!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

good on ya never give up,i have to say the same about ww,if you work it,it`ll work 4 u! i lost 1 1/2 sts before on it,needless to say i put it and more on again but am workin on it! best of luck;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 E26

i am also a chocoholic so i know how you feel ;) it doesnt matter what it is if its got chocolate on it i will eat it!!!!!:o someone has mentioned the options hot chocolate drink and i have to say they are a great idea i use the cadburys highlights one in the individual sachets they work out at 1 point each if you make them with hot water and they are really chocolatey too.;) also ive discoverd WW hot chocolate drinks now too they are 1 pt also and are quite nice.
    also for a chocolate treat i get snack a jacks rice cakes in chocolate flavour they are 1pt and great with a cup of tea, sweet enough that you only want one, tastes like proper choclate too not that fake stuff!! and they have little choclate chips on them too.;)

anyway hope ive given you some ideas welcome to the club and best of luck with all your losses:D

pembily- like others have said dont worry about your eating this week long as your ok thats the main thing!

Thats a mill itsallaboutme for the above tips..going to see if that will satisfy my chocolate cravings.. it better ha ha:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Well after the horrible week I was still the same weight this week as last week am happy out with that, the week is over and I have a wedding tomorrow but not going to hte mass as have too much study to do so starting at the meal :) Gonna be good - know I wont be able to have dessert as generally they give ceoliacs icecream and I dont eat icecream!!!

Best of luck to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Well after a big loss (for me!) of 4 pounds last week I was expecting a STS or to hop back up but I was delighted to have lost 1.5 pounds this week!!!

So that's 53 1/2 pounds! Would love to get that 2 1/2 to get me down to 12 st exactly but that's a big ask!!

Glad to hear everyone is getting on well! This time of year is so hard. I think the fact that we are on here even thinking about weight loss is a big thing! We should be proud!

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

*Lees* wrote: »
    Had my first WI last night and lost 1.5lbs! I'm happy that I lost something but really stuck to everything and thought I would loose more because it was my first week!! Anyway, it's something and I'm happy I'm going down and not up!! :)
    1 thing i know I haven't been good at doing was drinking water, I know I need to work harder at this! I've never been a big water drinker!!
    Sometimes in the first week your body will panic due to all the changes you've made and stays the same or loses less than we think we deserve but then a big drop happens in week 2 so keep the faith and keep on trackin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope your having good weekends!!

well i am having good week so far been tracking everything all week which i have kind of being neglecting lately so its been good to keep track on my eating this week. went out for dinner with friends last night went to a thai restaurant had saved up a good few point over the week and all day yesterday so hoping i havn't done to much damage. was quite proud of myself tbh as i only had starter and main. was determind not to have desert and it nearly killed me as my fave choc fudge cake was on the menu but i held my ground, even when the waiter thoughtfully brought over a second spoon:mad::mad: just in case i wanted to share my OH's!

anyway i had my chicken pad thai for main and veg spring rolls for starter. was wondering has anyone got any idea how many points roughly would be in pad thai i know the spring rolls would be quite alot anyway even if they were tiny!

was also wondering is everyone having their last WI before xmas this week? mine is on tuesday and there wont be another one till after new year so ill be missing two WI which is kind of making me nervous as being soooo close to goal i really dont want to ruin it all by missing two WI's. if anyone knows of any meetings in or around the blanchardstown area of dublin that are not stopping after this week id be grateful as i could handle missing one meeting instead of 2!!

thanks guys best of luck this week!!!!

wow long post sorry!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

hi all hope your having good weekends!!

anyway i had my chicken pad thai for main and veg spring rolls for starter. was wondering has anyone got any idea how many points roughly would be in pad thai i know the spring rolls would be quite alot anyway even if they were tiny!

was also wondering is everyone having their last WI before xmas this week? mine is on tuesday and there wont be another one till after new year so ill be missing two WI which is kind of making me nervous as being soooo close to goal i really dont want to ruin it all by missing two WI's. !

Spring rolls are 5points each but on the WW website it says Popia Tod- Fried Spring Roll (each) are 1.5points. Don't know what you had but maybe it was the latter? So not as bad as you thought.

I can't find any points value for chicken pad thai, I've never had it before so I don't know whats in it!! But on the WW website it gives Kuaytio Pad Thai – Fried Noodles as 5.5point so if thats what it was just add the point for the chicken that you had.

These 2 websites are helpfull for eating out;
    http://ukladyluck1.piczo.com/?g=55615166&cr=5&linkvar=000044
    http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?art_id=7261&tabnum=1&sc=3030&subnav=Restaurants

Regarding the meetings all the WW meeting end this week. All classes have a 2 week break. So if you wanted you could go to one of the last meetings on friday and then go back to your usual class on tuesday after xmas. My last meeting is tuesday aswell. I honestly wouldn't be worried about xmas. You have 3vweeks! Even if you are good half the time you will at least sts. I've lost weight every year in WW over xmas. Just keep an eye on things and you'll be fine!

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn't be worried about xmas. You have 3vweeks! Even if you are good half the time you will at least sts. I've lost weight every year in WW over xmas. Just keep an eye on things and you'll be fine!

Thanks Jacqui! That's comforting! I just made a "Fat" photo album for myself to look at over Xmas to keep me on the straight and narrow though!

Thing is you're probably really good over Xmas, whereas I know for sure I'm eating a box of malteasers!!! Although last year that was 2 selection boxes so therein lies the improvement!!!

Sorry to be the lone voice, Had a wicked bad week. Am + 5lbs this week! I know I took my foot of the gas a bit, but not to that extent, I'v been working exceptionally hard , doing an awful lot of physical work too. I think for the first time I'm hoping its a bit of tom weight.

Best of luck to all, hopefully I'm the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sorry to be the lone voice, Had a wicked bad week. Am + 5lbs this week! I know I took my foot of the gas a bit, but not to that extent, I'v been working exceptionally hard , doing an awful lot of physical work too. I think for the first time I'm hoping its a bit of tom weight.

Best of luck to all, hopefully I'm the only one.

Oh no, 5lb is bad you poor thing, it probably is tom, that can put on up to 6lb!!!!!!! Best of luck xx

thanks for all that jwacqui po pia tod spring rolls are exactly what i had there were 4 of them and i had 3 so 4.5 pts wasnt too bad less than i was giving them anyway i said 3 each to be safe!!! pad thai is more or less rice noodles with loads of bean shoots,turnip and onion if i remember correctly. they are dry but had a bit of a kick to them and you get it with what ever meat you want chicken, beef, prawn, pork. so i guess if i take 5.5 for the noodles and add say 4 to be safe for the chicken 9.5 is not bad really. ill round to 10 pts and 5 for starter 15pts total so im still within points if i include the ones i saved up over the last few days. so with a bit of luck ill sts tomoro. its all im hoping for anyway anything else would be a bonus long as its not up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kersti

Started back on Saturday, forgot to take slippers so had to weigh in with boots on :eek: Guess I'll lose a lot first week!

Any word on who are the better leaders?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

3 lbs down today. That's 26lbs in 9 weeks. Hopefully, I'll remain static over the Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jojo51

Does anyone know when the last meeting in Dublin before christmas is?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Id love to know where the better leadaers are too, I have asked before but non one seems to answer me for some reason?

• Advertisement

Thanks Jacqui! That's comforting! I just made a "Fat" photo album for myself to look at over Xmas to keep me on the straight and narrow though!

Thing is you're probably really good over Xmas, whereas I know for sure I'm eating a box of malteasers!!! Although last year that was 2 selection boxes so therein lies the improvement!!!

The photo album is a brilliant idea to keep you going- I always think when you can be good, be very very good and when you can't be good enjoy it, don't beat yourself up about it and remember Christmas is not an eating competition but a time for family and friends [sounds cheesy I know]

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Id love to know where the better leadaers are too, I have asked before but non one seems to answer me for some reason?

id say nobody answers because its quite a personal thing with the leaders.as in one leader might work for me but wont work for you kind of thing. just go along to your local meeting and if that leader doesnt suit try another till you find one that does suit you. ive been to about 4 different meeting and im happy out now with my leader. shes in clonee by the was monday evenings and tuesday mornings if your in that area.

anyway hope your all doing wel this week i stayed same after my busy weekend so im happy out just got to keep up motivation for xmas!!!!

Really really really annoyed!

Had a sneak peak and I am up 2 1/2 pounds. :(

TO say devastated is an understatement. Last weigh in is on Thursday and I have been EXTREMELY good. I've 1.5 till me next seven and I was determined to get that this week. And now I've no chance, unless something happens before Thursday.

I don't know what the story is. I've been eating really well, saving a few points to give me a bit of a push (and I've a Xmas party on Friday)
    I've walked the whole weekend and have worked hard in gym

Where has this come from. :(
    I was in bits earlier because of it! Which is so silly, it's just a number, but I've worked so hard I can't believe it. The only explanation I can think of is that I think I'm mid-cycle, so maybe that's it.

Anyone any ideas on how to push that down for Thursday? And thanks for listening to my ranting! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

Well I had WI today and I am down 1 lb, I was a little bit miffed because I was really good, but I guess didnt do to much walking. However -1lb is better than +1, so I will just have to behave myself for Christmas:eek:

hey doctorwhogirl! i really dont know what to say to you that could help salvage anythin by tomorrow but what i can say is DO NOT let it ruin your mojo!!! take whatever comes tomorrow draw a line under it and keep going for xmas. i really really wanted to get my goal by xmas im 3 lbs off it but i didnt manage it. i stayed the same but im determined not to sabotage myself over the xmas i want to stay the same or lose at my next WI in January not put up so im trying to stay as motivated as possible.

my leader gave out little xmas baubles this morning she said it was her eye to watch us over the next few weeks!! ive hung mine out of the press in my kitchen so its the first thing i see if i go to the press hunting munchies!! hopefully it will keep me out of there for the next few eeks anyway!!!

contgrats wanttolose a lb is a lb at the end of the day they all add up!!;)

Jojo51 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the last meeting in Dublin before christmas is?:)

There is a meeting in the Ballybough Community Centre beside Croke Park on Friday morning at 10.30, lunchtime in Harcourt St and Saturday at 1pm in the Central Mission on Abbey st, opp the LUAS stop

jakeypooh wrote: »

itsallaboutme is right, My leader left to have a baby and I went from meeting to meeting till I found a Leader that I liked and more importantly that motivated me. So my advice would be to try out a few, that's why the blue card is so handy as you can move from meeting to meeting and all your info is stored on it. See if there is one near where you work at lunchtime or maybe one on the way home so you don't have to go out again after you get in

I don't know for sure what my goal is. I thought it was a bmi of 25.0 which is 12st 6lbs for my height. However I see other people here with weight loss tickers and their goal is 24.7 for example. I can't ask my leader for 3 weeks so I'd like to know for sure. When (touch wood) I get to 12st 6lbs do I become a gold member or whatever and need not pay anymore? Do gold members still weigh-in in addition to being able to attend the meetings for free as well?

Well I braved it. I said I would always go to the weigh in so I did.
    It was really really hard to go though knowing I was up.

When I did weigh in there it was, but not as bad as I thought. I was up one pound. Which is ok but I still went outside and cried afterwards. I was heartbroken, even though I knew it was coming. Explained all to my leader and she was really good. She puts it down to hormones or maybe under eating (as I had been saving a lot for this xmas party, I've 17 1/2 saved)

So please, if there's a god in heaven, when I weigh myself next Christmas eve I'll be down.

Really wanted to have 4 stone gone by Christmas, but I've far exceeded my original goal that I had set so I should be thankful.

My last Xmas party I was busting out of a size 18 dress (and thankful I could fit into it!!!)

This Xmas I'm in a size 14 River Island dress which I wouldn't have even dreamed of last year! I'm 3stone 10 1/2 pounds lighter and should be happy (but that +1 pound still cut like a knife!)

Anyway, had a chinese this evening, still in points, party tomorrow and with a bit of luck my weight will come down somewhat before Xmas.

x

• Advertisement

OK
    THAT + 5LBS IS A REAL +5LBS, WAS REALLY HOPING IT WAS A MISTAKE.
    That was bad enouigh, but its been joined by another lb. Am doing a bit of a freak out here, Dr Who, feel ur pain. Am goin a little nuts here. was good the last few days n its just not showed at all.
    Goin do one more WI b4 xmass and keep it goin on the points till then.

GOOD luck to all, have a very merry and healthy one guys, see ye all the other side

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement