Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Johnny Lamp

Been reading the posts and see that others finding it hard too. in the last 2 WIs I STS and the +1.5lbs which totally hacked me off!!!:mad: as I'd been pointing and was sure I'd compenstaed for a late night on the rip. Was back to gym and leader said it might have something to do with that, hmmmm:confused:.

Good news is I'm still motivated and good incentive as meeting lost of people over the holidays plus skiing in Jan. Will try, correction, will ensure, I stay tracking right up to ski hol in Jan.:)

One question, I've found I'm using a fair bit of ketchup & brown sauce to flavour and aslo love the Hot Chilli sauce in SubWay - should I be pointing these? Never bothered so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Been reading the posts and see that others finding it hard too. in the last 2 WIs I STS and the +1.5lbs which totally hacked me off!!!:mad: as I'd been pointing and was sure I'd compenstaed for a late night on the rip. Was back to gym and leader said it might have something to do with that, hmmmm:confused:.

Good news is I'm still motivated and good incentive as meeting lost of people over the holidays plus skiing in Jan. Will try, correction, will ensure, I stay tracking right up to ski hol in Jan.:)

One question, I've found I'm using a fair bit of ketchup & brown sauce to flavour and aslo love the Hot Chilli sauce in SubWay - should I be pointing these? Never bothered so far.

yip. point ur sauces, they do contain a fair amt of sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hello all.

Been doing WW since October but now that I'm finished up for Christmas I could do with some extra support over the next 2 weeks! I'm really frustrated because at the last weigh in I was down a total of 13lbs - that's ONE POUND away from a stone. I really don't want to be up after Christmas but there are so many temptations!

Anyway, I'm sure you'll see me posting on here over the next week or two, and hopefully after Christmas too!

Ergo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Well I braved it. I said I would always go to the weigh in so I did.
    It was really really hard to go though knowing I was up.

When I did weigh in there it was, but not as bad as I thought. I was up one pound. Which is ok but I still went outside and cried afterwards. I was heartbroken, even though I knew it was coming. Explained all to my leader and she was really good. She puts it down to hormones or maybe under eating (as I had been saving a lot for this xmas party, I've 17 1/2 saved)

So please, if there's a god in heaven, when I weigh myself next Christmas eve I'll be down.

Really wanted to have 4 stone gone by Christmas, but I've far exceeded my original goal that I had set so I should be thankful.

My last Xmas party I was busting out of a size 18 dress (and thankful I could fit into it!!!)

This Xmas I'm in a size 14 River Island dress which I wouldn't have even dreamed of last year! I'm 3stone 10 1/2 pounds lighter and should be happy (but that +1 pound still cut like a knife!)

Anyway, had a chinese this evening, still in points, party tomorrow and with a bit of luck my weight will come down somewhat before Xmas.

x

Ah DWG don't cry - 1lb up is nothing compares to 52.5 lb down and that is what you have lost - 52.5lb - that is massive and 1lb is only 2% of an increase in comparison to the overall weight loss (sorry I am a maths nerd) and having lost 98% in the last year - I personally think 98% effort is AMAZING :):):):):) Don't be too hard on yourself, I was up 3lb since I crashed my car but I know that I can get back down, I am still 6lb off the goal I set myself for Christmas but I feel way slimmer and finally am beginning not to see myself as "fat"... Just remember 98% effort!!!!!!! Overall you have lost 25% of your starting weight – that is ¼ - to me that is pretty savage!!!!! Sweetie you have gone from size 18 to size 14 (size 14 to me is perfectly normal and you will look fab in your River Island :))

Relax and enjoy the weight loss and the comments :):) :D:D:D xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Awww Pembily! Bless your little heart!!!
    Nearly made me cry again! ;)

That's such a nice way to put it!!
    Thanks so much! xx

• Advertisement

Awww Pembily! Bless your little heart!!!
    Nearly made me cry again! ;)

That's such a nice way to put it!!
    Thanks so much! xx

Not a bother!!!! I actually calculated incorrectly - you are at 65.5% of your goal and 1lb is 1.25% of that whole goal so to me looking at the numbers you are doing great :):)

I HAVE my bad days too and its nice to get support!!!! Pity someone wouldnt take the jelly beans away from me though - that is the kinda support I need right now - feeling pure sh**ty due to period and cant snap out of my mood and am eating for Ireland today :(

Doesn't the female cycle just mess you up something shocking!!! I know I'm as bad mid cycle as I am during the actual thing!

Yeah I'm the same. It's as if cos there is no meeting my head just went
    "YEAAAAAAAAYY!!! Let's eat!!"

And I'm here trying to resist! Have stayed in points so far.... but have had 3 chineses!!! Ha! What a joke like! Damage control though with the chinese by having King Prawn Chow mein!

Damn you Christmas! I'm teaching and so far I've had 6 boxes of chocolates!!! You'd think my parents would have realised given that a few of them have mentioned my weight loss to me! Bless the thought though!

Doesn't the female cycle just mess you up something shocking!!! I know I'm as bad mid cycle as I am during the actual thing!

Yeah I'm the same. It's as if cos there is no meeting my head just went
    "YEAAAAAAAAYY!!! Let's eat!!"

And I'm here trying to resist! Have stayed in points so far.... but have had 3 chineses!!! Ha! What a joke like! Damage control though with the chinese by having King Prawn Chow mein!

Damn you Christmas! I'm teaching and so far I've had 6 boxes of chocolates!!! You'd think my parents would have realised given that a few of them have mentioned my weight loss to me! Bless the thought though!

Speaking of presents heard it may be banned!!! 6 boxes of chocolate = 6 presents for people from you :) My granny is a great present recycler - she wins at golf and bridge and we get them :):)

I don't go to meetings but boyfriend took me to the G Hotel (5*) on Friday to celebrate after my exams and we stayed overnight (impulse but was so worth it) and had brekkie too eating over load and its not even Christmas and I am not even at home with my family yet where all the food will be :(

Think I will be walking every day!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Guys its great to know that after all of this xmas eating trauma there will be support when we need it after it all.............. i must have eaten 3 packets of walkers cheese and onion today. i cant control my cravings!!!! :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

mdbatches wrote: »
    Guys its great to know that after all of this xmas eating trauma there will be support when we need it after it all.............. i must have eaten 3 packets of walkers cheese and onion today. i cant control my cravings!!!! :mad:

Half a box of toffifee things here. I haven't lost or gained anything in 3 weeks.
    I think I need a bit more willpower but its a disastrous time of year for that :/

• Advertisement

Random question - I think I am in bad form partly due to period but also partly due to the fact that I know I can't keep full control on my eating over christmas and am afraid of the damage I could do and if this cold weather keeps up I can't go for a run (it hurts when cold due to pins) and I was wondering if anyone else is kinda dreading the christmas cos of food or knows anyway to help improve my mood?!?!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

oh you are most definitely not alone in freaking out over the damage that can be caused over the next few weeks!!

I love xmas mainly because of the food! this is the first time ive been on WW during xmas and im finding it tough as hell!!

Im trying not to go over board with things but it is proving alot harder than I thought it would be.

Basically ive decided not to deprive myself of things over the next week. ive been quite good since last weeks WI. ive decided to take it day by day over the next week and once next weekend is over its back to basics before the WI on 5th jan. im soooo close to my goal im determined not to be up after its all over.

im in the same boat with the exercise. the cold really affects my knees and i end up in pain after ive been out in it. SANTA is bringing me a wii fit so hopefully ill be able to use that to compensate a small bit for not being able to get out walking!

Anyway chin up take it day by day and above all enjoy it! it only comes once a year and damage can bu undone!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

i had a gastric stomach sat and sun so didn`t eat,nothing at all sat and very little sun,kinda ok 2day but havn`t ate chocolate for 4 days,can`t believe it!

forgot to say happy christmas to everyone! we`ll all get back into it in 2010!

Just wondering if anyone has a pointed recipe for chocolate mousse? I have serious cravings for chocolate and there's so much around that I want my own thing to be good. I also think I'd appreciate it more if I make it myself!

Thanks!

On a side note - Christmas not going well for me so far. My leader told me to take Christmas Eve, Day, Stephen's Day, New Year's Eve and Day off, i.e., don't count points at all. I haven't been too bad since my last weigh but instead of taking all those days off, I'm going with the approach of spreading out my Christmas eating between now and New Year's so I don't go overboard. Does that make sense?

I think it's whatever works for you Ergo! That is the only way to appreciate this tricky time of year!

As for Choc mousse, I know you want to make your own but the WW choc mousse for 2 points is gorgeous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi, How is everybody getting on??

I'm getting on pretty well, weighed myself at home in my pjs this morning and was 12st 9lb, was 12st 12lb in ww last week in clothes. So looks like I'm at least down a pound.

My food has not been good but I have been in my points so at least that is something! :rolleyes:

I hate not getting weighed in at ww though, I really miss my meeting! I am definately going to continue going weekly when I'm at goal!

Really want to lose over xmas, 1lb would be good to hit 60lb! But I would LOVE to lose 4lb and get my 4.5stone!

How does everyone keep up their motivation?? I find keeping my food diary is an amazing help! Also I started making YouTube Vlogs on weightloss so thats new and exciting.
    I also take out my WW books from last year and look at my weight. I was 16st 4lb at last weigh in before xmas last year and this year my last weigh in was 12st 12lb! I want to appreciate how far I've come and I know I am not going back!! Also I look at pictures from last xmas and the difference is shocking! And my old clothes! They won't even go near me! HUGE! :D

I hope everybody is managing ok! Be good but don't kill yourself and beat yourself up if you have a slip up just jump start back into it asap!!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!! :D

Remember GOAL in 2010!! We can all do it!! :p

Pembily wrote: »
    Random question - I think I am in bad form partly due to period but also partly due to the fact that I know I can't keep full control on my eating over christmas and am afraid of the damage I could do and if this cold weather keeps up I can't go for a run (it hurts when cold due to pins) and I was wondering if anyone else is kinda dreading the christmas cos of food or knows anyway to help improve my mood?!?!

Thanks

I'm going with.
    "Its the best of times, it's the worst of times" Love the Christmas spirit, love the grub, love the family n friendship "stuff" and absolutly adore the food. Its getting the balance I have the problem with. I'm gonna have a bit of everything I want, a bit. I have reduced the calorie count in all my recipies.............. I'm hoping that will help too.
    But I agree, the cold is a killer u just seem to NEED to eat all the time, the low cal hot choc is great. As for exercise...... well, unless its indoors its out, have been snowed in since Sunday.

Best of luck to all over the hols, have a great one.
    Hope to see ye all the other side.

Hope you all had a great Christmas. Got to say I really enjoyed myelf. Had a little taste of everything and was very good, didn't go overboard......... too much. Did a wee experiment, wi Christmas morn and then again this morn and there was only a plus of half pound. Got to say am thrilled with that, gonna hit the wii sport today so hopefully that will be gone by lunch.

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi, How is everybody getting on??

I'm getting on pretty well, weighed myself at home in my pjs this morning and was 12st 9lb, was 12st 12lb in ww last week in clothes. So looks like I'm at least down a pound.

My food has not been good but I have been in my points so at least that is something! :rolleyes:

I hate not getting weighed in at ww though, I really miss my meeting! I am definately going to continue going weekly when I'm at goal!

Really want to lose over xmas, 1lb would be good to hit 60lb! But I would LOVE to lose 4lb and get my 4.5stone!

How does everyone keep up their motivation?? I find keeping my food diary is an amazing help! Also I started making YouTube Vlogs on weightloss so thats new and exciting.
    I also take out my WW books from last year and look at my weight. I was 16st 4lb at last weigh in before xmas last year and this year my last weigh in was 12st 12lb! I want to appreciate how far I've come and I know I am not going back!! Also I look at pictures from last xmas and the difference is shocking! And my old clothes! They won't even go near me! HUGE! :D

I hope everybody is managing ok! Be good but don't kill yourself and beat yourself up if you have a slip up just jump start back into it asap!!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!! :D

Remember GOAL in 2010!! We can all do it!! :p
    well done,you have done really so far! i hope we`ll all do well in 2010!roll on 6th jan,its my birthday and i never get motivated til after that and this cold snap isn`t helping!xx:)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi All. Hope you had a really terrific Xmas. Haven't been on in ages. I can resist anything except temptation so I downed tools for December. Back on the horse since Sunday and did a quick home WI. Up 2lbs since my last WI in November so I am not too upset by that. So 10st 2lbs at the moment and hoping to get to 9st 10lbs by my Birthday at the end of Feb.:eek: Must check if our class is on this week.

Good luck all for 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope you all had a great xmas and managed ww better than i seem to have! :(

all was going well until i jumped on the scales this morning!! i weighed myself at home last tuesday morning when i would normally have my WI and i appeared to be down 2lbs which i was delighted with BUT i lost the run of myself then for the week and now i appear to have gained 5lbs since then:mad::mad::mad::mad:.

So i got a WII fit for xmas and have been playing about with it the last few days with friends and it seems to work as my arms have been aching from it the last two days!:o so im hitting the WII fit big time this week and its back to aquafit next week too.

im on damage control big time and am currently cooking up a big pot of 0point soup to live on till next tuesdays WI and hopefully i will at least sts!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: heres hoping anyway!!:o

Best of luck to you all for the rest for the rest of this week happy new year to ya all!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 har76

hi all
    i joined ww 3 years ago as a man it was a hard thing to do but at 16.5 stone it had to be done.it went great, gym 4 times a week for 1.5 hours gave up the drink for 20 weeks joined in jan by march i had lost 3.5 stone by june i was down to 11 stone looked and felt great. then stoped goining to meetings and started to eat again and back on the drink,now back up to 16 stone. i am mad with my self. going back to meetings in jan need to change my lifestyle for good and not just half a year.wish me luck:mad:

Well....

I think ye all have done better than I!

To be honest though, I think I did ok.
    Compared to my normal WW approach, it was horrific!!!
    But compared to my usual Christmas habits I did well!

I took three days off. Xmas Day, Stephens and the day after. Now I had intended going on the wagon yesterday but got a bit sidetracked. Was probably over points but nothing too major.
    Last Christmas I had drank my body weight in full fat coke by this stage and I haven't touched a drop this year! I also got a selection box this year and a tube of malteasers. Now I ate the malteasers but I managed to give away all but two pieces of my selection box!!! :D (But I did devour the wispa while watching "Up!" :O

All in all though I'm ok. Pointing today now. Very good intentions of staying in points. I'm not going to try and save any yet because I think that would kill me and I could go the other way!!! If I stay in points I'll be doing well!!

Going to go for a walk in a minute (if it stops raining!) Our area was really badly hit with ice to the point where we couldn't leave the house! (our house is on a severe slope!)
    So now it has melted I might succeed today!

Hope everyone is having a nice Xmas! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

har76 wrote: »
    hi all
    i joined ww 3 years ago as a man it was a hard thing to do but at 16.5 stone it had to be done.it went great, gym 4 times a week for 1.5 hours gave up the drink for 20 weeks joined in jan by march i had lost 3.5 stone by june i was down to 11 stone looked and felt great. then stoped goining to meetings and started to eat again and back on the drink,now back up to 16 stone. i am mad with my self. going back to meetings in jan need to change my lifestyle for good and not just half a year.wish me luck:mad:

I did exactly what you did 4 times! I lost 5 stone each time and when I was within 10 lbs of goal I'd stop going to meetings and think I could do the rest on my own. Eventually I realized that I needed the support of the meetings and decided to bite the bullet, go back and stay till I got to goal and then keep going to meetings and guess what? it worked! I've put on a bit over the Christmas but I'll be back to meetings in Jan and I hope to be beck to goal by the 16th. The trick is don't give up and even when you've had a bad week go to the meetings as it's so easy to keep saying "I'll be good this week and go back next week"

i haven`t counted a point or morsel! i`ll prob be in 4 a shock but can`t worry about that now,ye`re all very good to be back counting points etc.maybe 2010 will be my year 4 target.happy new year to all!

hollyhock wrote: »
    i haven`t counted a point or morsel! i`ll prob be in 4 a shock but can`t worry about that now,ye`re all very good to be back counting points etc.maybe 2010 will be my year 4 target.happy new year to all!

I'm the same; haven't counted a point until today! By the time I had breakfast, lunch and dinner I had used up my points for the day but was dying for some of my low fat Ben&Jerry's in the freezer. Decided to have a bowl before I went to bed instead of eating straight after dinner and ending up hungry again later. Ended up going to the pub instead but I nominated myself to drive so I only had Diet Cokes all night - 0 points! Who knew going to the pub could be a good thing?! I also avoided the takeaway on the way home so feeling proud of myself for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Johnny Lamp

har76 wrote: »
    hi all

Hey har, that was some achievement to lose 5.5 stone - at least you've experienced adramatic change and know how good it must feel. I've swung between max also of 16.5 to 13.5 over last 7-10 years. Like you giving up the jar makes a huge difference but difficult to do long term if you enjoy a pint or glass of wine, anyway good luck for 2010!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beccerelda

There's low fat ben & jerrys?? Nobody ever told me that! :eek:
    Have been horrendous over Christmas, haven't pointed anything in about two weeks and have had plenty of pringles and wine. Started again today but after getting used to eating so much the last few days I don't know how I'm ever gonna get back on track :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Anybody else really looking forward to getting back to weightwatchers this week and finding out how they did!?

I can't wait! I miss it so much! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement