Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

i think our 1st wi is 7th which is nearly aweek away so there could be extra damage done and throw in a birthday on top of that! the skys the limit! ur right tho you can`t get back right til after wi,then start right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Well I truly hit a low today. Gluttony is not the word. please God it won't impact too much on the scale, but with what I consumed that's not likely :(
    Bad times for me and I am truly annoyed at myself! Especially since I was bad yesterday too with drink. The only saving grace was that I resisted the take away after the club when all the others were diving in. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I have been a total pig all christmas and couldn't even leave the house due to the weather and have drank so much and even ate dairy when I was had promised myself I wouldn't!!!! Weighing scales says I am down 3lb from friday before Christmas - am quite happy with that!!! But don't know when I am going to be able to exercise again as right now I can barely walk due to having a trapped siatic nerve :(:( It's very painful and can't do anything about it until Monday :(:(

Best of luck to all with weigh in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

har76 wrote: »
    hi all
    i joined ww 3 years ago as a man it was a hard thing to do but at 16.5 stone it had to be done.it went great, gym 4 times a week for 1.5 hours gave up the drink for 20 weeks joined in jan by march i had lost 3.5 stone by june i was down to 11 stone looked and felt great. then stoped goining to meetings and started to eat again and back on the drink,now back up to 16 stone. i am mad with my self. going back to meetings in jan need to change my lifestyle for good and not just half a year.wish me luck:mad:

your not the only man in this position, I myself will be doing the same thing having come from a very similar background, I think the important step is to recognise the its time for a lifestyle change...best of luck, I am sure u are aware there are men only classes , but personally I always found the "mixed classes" more lively , the men can be a bit on the quiet side !

Hi everyone - its the 3rd of January and tomorrow is the start of a whole new year for all of us and we will reach our goals this year and best of luck to all :):)

The support is great here and we all help each other and its great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi everyone. Joined ww through work 2 weeks before xmas. Crazy thing to do as I knew I wouldnt be good over the holidays. Have a wi on thurs and am terrified!! I lost 2 pounds my first week, but feel I have put on 7!!
    Reading your posts is spurring me on, and tomorrow I am back to eating properly.
    Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

hi all

I am not officially joining weight watchers but me and 2 others are doing the points system starting tommorow ( i.e. not getting weigh in's - doing them with each other).

I am going around like a mad woman with the weighing scales and calculator (downloaded an app on iphone called iwatch - anyone use it?)

I really hope I stick to this so will prob be logging on for advice and tips.

Can anyone confirm that this is a list of Zero point foods as I know diff countries have diff methods

http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=41411

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope you all had a great xmas and new year!!

Welcome to the newbies im sure you will find some great advice on here!

well i had my first WI after the festivities and was up 2lbs. im kind of chuffed with it really as i really enjoyed the last few weeks and was expecting alot more to be honest. anyway all set now to get back on track again looking around for some nice point free soup to keep me going so any receipes would be great!!!!!

best of luck to all going back this week and to all those starting out this week too!!;)

hi all hope you all had a great xmas and new year!!

Welcome to the newbies im sure you will find some great advice on here!

well i had my first WI after the festivities and was up 2lbs. im kind of chuffed with it really as i really enjoyed the last few weeks and was expecting alot more to be honest. anyway all set now to get back on track again looking around for some nice point free soup to keep me going so any receipes would be great!!!!!

best of luck to all going back this week and to all those starting out this week too!!;)

Congrats :):):) up 2lb is not much at all specially if you had a really good time!!! Onwards and downwards in this new decade:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

Well I should have gone to my WI today but I couldnt, we are snowed in here in the sticks, the roads are brutal.
    Anyway I weighed myself and I think I am up around 4lbs, but I was very bold, mainly eating sweets at work, because we made a point of not having any in the house over Christmas, I know it might sound mean ...........:rolleyes:....but I knew there was going to be loads at work and of course at my mothers, she had the house full of people and goodies.
    I am going to take the wee man out in his buggy and put on some winter boots and go for walk, even though there is loads of snow its not to bad for walking, in the proper gear.

So I restarted ww today and I am going to point like mad, that was the big downfall it just rolled out of control the last 2 weeks. I can really feel the weight up, but the good thing is, even though my jeans are nipping me, the bigger size is falling off me.............so its out to the recyle with the FAT clothes..........:D

Good luck to everybody and lets just give ourselves a big push!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Can anyone help me out with the points of a chocolate kimberley? We just had one sitting by itself out of the main tin so I had it with a cup of tea but don't have the nutritional values... have plenty of points just want to count right as I'm trying to get back on track. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

Hey everyone. I'm considering going back to weight watchers after being off it for 3 years. I was wondering does anyone know if weight watchers are doing any January special offers as I'm a total recessionista at the moment. Dying to get back but don't know if I can afford it :( I checked the website and found nothing but I've seen a few 1/2 price joining fee UK ads alright so was hoping Ireland would be doing the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Nic'name wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'm considering going back to weight watchers after being off it for 3 years. I was wondering does anyone know if weight watchers are doing any January special offers as I'm a total recessionista at the moment. Dying to get back but don't know if I can afford it :( I checked the website and found nothing but I've seen a few 1/2 price joining fee UK ads alright so was hoping Ireland would be doing the same.

Don't know if there are any offers on for WW. But there are a few here who are doing it alone, for the same reason as yourself :(, but using here I get a lot of help, guidance, encouragement and somewhere to vent. If I'v forgotten something someone will add to this.
    So if you can't afford to go to the meetings don't give up, go back to your books and chip in here. As any question, and I mean any question, will be answered here.

Good luck.:):):)

Can anyone help me out with the points of a chocolate kimberley? We just had one sitting by itself out of the main tin so I had it with a cup of tea but don't have the nutritional values... have plenty of points just want to count right as I'm trying to get back on track. Thanks!

A guidline I was given was 100 cals= a point, its a rough way of keeping track if its something new to your diet. :D
    I'm hoping thats right as its how I've been semi-tracking over the hols. Mind you, when the day hit 40, I quit :eek::eek::eek:. Started then again the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

Aw thanks, so nice! I was considering doing that....in fact I have the book and have begun. I'm just afraid that I'll stray if I've no one to pull me up on it. Lol. I've bought a cheap diary to track in and have the fridge stocked with veg. I've been following it over the last few days and am seeing a little bit of progress. I am REFUSING to go near the scales though. Apparently I am obese, I'm a size 14 but weigh around 13 stone. I have size 36 G boobs. I hopped on the scales at the doctors and was told I need to lose 3 stone. I think 1.5stone will do me nicely lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Nic'name wrote: »

Hi,
    Only offer WW are doing at the moment is if you have been a member before you can re-join for half price so €10, all this week and next. It's advertised on the website and our leader said so this morning.

Well after 3 good weeks with only 3days were I didn't count I returned to WW this morning hoping for a loss. Would have been happy with a pound but would have loved to lose 4lb and get my 4st 7lb!

Well .... :D

I lost 4.5lb!!!!!

Got my 4st 7lb!! So over the moon! Roll on stone number 5!

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi,
    Only offer WW are doing at the moment is if you have been a member before you can re-join for half price so €10, all this week and next. It's advertised on the website and our leader said so this morning.

Well after 3 good weeks with only 3days were I didn't count I returned to WW this morning hoping for a loss. Would have been happy with a pound but would have loved to lose 4lb and get my 4st 7lb!

I lost 4.5lb!!!!!

YOU LOST 4.5LB OVER CHRISTMAS - OHMYHOLYGOD SAYS MILEY!!!!!!!

Jwacqui - that is amazing, totally amazing and you totally deserve all of the compliments etc, you are doing great and looking fab :):)

Fair play and CONGRATS!!! x

jeez Jwacqui. Am picking me jaw up off the floor as I type. Wow. That is totally amazing, well done you.
    Gonna do my wi Fri. Back to my usual day, have had a wee peek to be honest, but not gonna count it till Fri. Got more events this side of Christmas than t'other, so am holding my breath n sucking in the oul muffin tum.
    If you can manage that over the worst FOOD hol's of the year you can do absolutly anything

Pem
    How's the body doing?

Pem
    How's the body doing?

Heya, not too bad, got my pelvis realigned :) Had put it out alot so still sore and no major exercise allowed until it is fully back in place!!! Wanna get back into walking and running soon but the gods are against me:(

How are you?? Still snowed in?? My jaw is still on the floor too about Jwaqui - defo has the most determination!!! Totally deserves it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 green apple.

Hi,

I lost 4.5lb!!!!!

Well done jwacqui!!!

What a fantastic achievement!!! You really are in the zone. Giving us all huge inspiration for the new year. :):):):)

As for me back for wi tomorrow. Back pointing, exercise and way less alcohol.... goals all set for 2010.

Just wondering if there are any good weight loss site that arent promotions or unbelieveable. I go to the oprah, weightwatchers, luckyladyuk and unislim sites for inspiration anyone know any others????:confused::confused::confused:

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Right girls gonna join the bandwagon.
    Lost 6lb before Xmas to bring me to 13st 8 but I'm about 13st 12 now :( Maybe worse. I took the 2 weeks off for Xmas so have been a total pig, and been slobbing about. Back to work now next week though so back into my normal routine again. Will keep you posted. Yiz are all doing brilliant, ye've got some motivation! I'm going to try my best now. It's take 24 years to get motivated to lose weight, but I'm going to do it this time. I should have paced myself a bit better over xmas and not 'done the dog' on it so to speak, but new year, new me! :)

Well done jwacqui!!!

What a fantastic achievement!!! You really are in the zone. Giving us all huge inspiration for the new year. :):):):)

As for me back for wi tomorrow. Back pointing, exercise and way less alcohol.... goals all set for 2010.

Just wondering if there are any good weight loss site that arent promotions or unbelieveable. I go to the oprah, weightwatchers, luckyladyuk and unislim sites for inspiration anyone know any others????:confused::confused::confused:

thanks

Thank you!! :D

For motivation and inspiration I have started watching youtube videos of weightloss. Some of them are amazing and so motivating! Even encouraged me to start making some! They keep me on track so much! So many people and people update all the time. Much better than looking at the same pictures on a website. You can hear peoples thoughts and struggles! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wow you lost so much weight, congrats! Also, totally OT...Is that a beagle puppy in your pics? He's gorgeous!!

Yea it was a beagle puppy! He was only about 12weeks in that picture! I have way cuter pics though lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all just thought id pop on and see how your all getting on.
    im bored out of my mind stuck in doors as its has been snowing none stop for the last few hours here in clonee. cant go walking footpaths are a nightmare and im terrified to drive in this weather my nerves are gone trying to get in and out to dublin port for work!!:(

anyway i was getting really bored and went and ate a tunnocks tea cake and was heading back to the press for more but stopped myself and came on here instead. OH MY GOD jwacqui i just watched your video and you are doing sooooooo well,you look fab!! you will defo get your very well derserved goal this year no problem to ya!;) after watching it im now more determined not to go back in the press for junk so thanks for that:D

ps: im a bit of a handbag fiend myself and i LOVE that bag!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

OMG Jwacqui you are my inspirartion after that video. You go girl! How long have yoyu been doing WW for. You look fab.

Well as i said i only started this week and am finding it ok. i have been saving 2 - 3 points a day as have a big party on sat and need to put them by for alcohol and any finger type food things (help!).

can anyone verify how many points they give for a pack of velvet crunch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 green apple.

Thank you!! :D

For motivation and inspiration I have started watching youtube videos of weightloss. Some of them are amazing and so motivating! Even encouraged me to start making some! They keep me on track so much! So many people and people update all the time. Much better than looking at the same pictures on a website. You can hear peoples thoughts and struggles! :p

Well Jwacqui its great to see the face behind the fantastic weight loss. You look like a different person. You tube it is then to see more weight loss clips. Keep going girl and keep us all posted. ;)

I myself put on 1 pound on over the christmas so lots of work to do this week. House is full of healthy foods, starting powerplate and a new running programme. Im very hopefully even if the weather is bad:):):)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hi all,

Went back to WW this evening and was dreading it. I figured I was about 5lbs up but vowed that whatever the scales said, I wouldn't get upset because I was determined to lose it again. When I approached the scales in the meeting my heart was actually racing. I stepped on and discovered I was almost spot on about the 5lbs, except I had lost 5lbs! :D

I am absolutely thrilled and spent the whole meeting with a big smile on my face. I thought if I put on weight it would motivate me to lose more, but this feeling has motivated me more than anything.

I'm also under 12 stone for the first time in 8 years and feeling fantastic!

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight over the Christmas, especially Jwaqui. For those who put on weight; don't worry because in a couple of weeks it'll all be gone again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Hi everyone.

I've been spying on this thread for a little while now, which is a bit creepy, forgive me.

So I decided to join up and post. I have been in weight watchers before, but it wasn't successful for me. Maybe I wasn't following it properly or maybe it was lack of self discipline. It's like every time I try I just fall off the wagon and don't pick myself back up or I end up feeling so hungry that I just pig out.
    I did have a good spell at the gym for a while but that stopped purely because I am not motivated or disicplined enough.

But now, well now I am getting out of control and I'm feeling worse and worse about myself. I would love to lose a stone and a half.

I am thinking about starting about WW at home, but I would like to ask has anyone any advice for me on how I can stick with it? I know the weight loss will be great, but I need something to keep me going through those times when all I want to do is mill into crisps, bread and chocolate.

I hope I don't seem cheeky coming on and asking for advice so soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement