Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

irishneady wrote: »
    Thanks dolorous for the reply. Yes I think it depends whether ppl round up or round down. I have downloaded an application for my iphone that logs everything i find it really helpful - but it tends to round up what most ppl round down. hmmmph!

Hi Irishneady

I was looking for an app to record WW points. Can you let me know which one you are using?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Hiya

I am using iWatchr it cost 79c. there are a few but i went for this at the time as it was the only one with a few ratings. not sure if there are any free ones. I find it good though. there is a european and am american formula and u just click on european- put in kcals and sat fats and it calculates it. also logs ur daily food as u enter it so ur points show up just in the scrren beside the app.

Thanks Irishneady

I will check that out. Do you find it helps recording it on there, rather than writing it down?

yes cos i am never without my phone so i tap it in straight away and even when out in pub it will be to hand to put it all in and be aware of points etc.

ww all very new to me so have never actually written it down mind u. i only started on monday (gulp)

I have just had a look at it and it is very good..... Hopefully it will help.

Thanks for letting me know. It is a good idea, as you can easily type in (rather than get your WW tracker out in front of everyone...!!)

I just joined this week too..... Good luck

• Advertisement

yes and when u put in your pints it will show up just like it shows ur number of emails - it will show your points that u have had. u can set it to show points u have used or points left. also great as it keeps a record of all the foods u save so u don't need to go chasing the points again.

lads i am starving. I have a 2 points left.....hmmm what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

thanks irishneady,just looked at most of jwaqui`s video,took awhile to fill in,must be the wireless broadband! anyway she looks amazing!well done jwaqui,you are doing very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

lads i am starving. I have a 2 points left.....hmmm what to do.

Why not have
    2crackerbread (.5) with some extra light philly (1). Thats 1.5points
    Banana (1.5)
    Low fat Yogurt (Points depending on brand)
    Cup of soup (.5 - 1) with low fat bread or crackerbread
    Make up a small salad with balsamic vinegar
    2crackerbread (.5) with small tin of beans (1.5)

Emm I've run outta ideas! Maybe even try a glass of water or Diet drink and distract yourself! Or go to bed! Thats what I sometimes do!
    hollyhock wrote: »
    thanks irishneady,just looked at most of jwaqui`s video,took awhile to fill in,must be the wireless broadband! anyway she looks amazing!well done jwaqui,you are doing very well!

Thank you very much! :D

Ah thanks for suggestions! I had a bottle of miller- bold me! What cup of soups are only 0.5 points? I
    must stock up on them.

I have the ww bread- am incorrect in saying 2 slices are 1 point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Ah thanks for suggestions! I had a bottle of miller- bold me! What cup of soups are only 0.5 points? I
    must stock up on them.

I know the brown one definitely is. Not sure about the white one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

must stock up on them.

Not sure of the which ones exactly but there are lowfat ones if you point a couple you'll find em. Think Knorr or erin.

Also tesco do light choice ones

Yes 2brown slices are 1point and 2white are 1.5points.

Normal bread is 1.5points a slice, some brands you can get 2 for 2.5points. But most are 3points for 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

thanks irishneady for those recipes i'l definately b tryin them out especially d soup for lunches in wrk all week! if i get to work with the snow...
    pinkilicous thanks for the words of encouragement..i think i can at least lose a stone by then anyway but the 21 lbs would b great i have a fab karen millen dress in d wardrobe callin my name for a weddin we have in ten wks ... here's hoping!
    I was lookin at jwacqui's vids on youtube..you go girl! ur an inspiration u must be so proud of yourself for getting so far. You look fab
    Definately off to my nearest meeting nxt wk and gonna do a bit of healthy shopping this wk..i'll miss toast for breakfast though :) but i need to get out of d bad habits..

morning girls
    Just had a decent breakfast - totalling 4.5 points. am on a hunt for tukey rashers and sasauges later.

meeting this week focused on brekfast and she said it the most important as it kicks off the fat burning. she said 3 ballyfree turkey rashers are only 1 point! and 1 ballyfree turkey sasuage is only 1 point! I think that will be able to keep me on track better as OH is always having his fry ups (cooked by me of course!) he ust have the highest metabolic rate in the world! Its not fair.He being very supportive and even got me the WW bread yesterday morning declaring "It's only 1 point for 2 slices" he is eating it too so that I can get it fresh again on monday lol.

I am due to weigh myself on monday morning and that will be week 1 down. How do I make a ticker thingy that some ppl have? I have never shared my weight with anyone so it is a big step for me putting it out there :( alas i think it will motivate me even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

morning girls
    Just had a decent breakfast - totalling 4.5 points. am on a hunt for tukey rashers and sasauges later.

meeting this week focused on brekfast and she said it the most important as it kicks off the fat burning. she said 3 ballyfree turkey rashers are only 1 point! and 1 ballyfree turkey sasuage is only 1 point! I think that will be able to keep me on track better as OH is always having his fry ups (cooked by me of course!) he ust have the highest metabolic rate in the world! Its not fair.He being very supportive and even got me the WW bread yesterday morning declaring "It's only 1 point for 2 slices" he is eating it too so that I can get it fresh again on monday lol.

I am due to weigh myself on monday morning and that will be week 1 down. How do I make a ticker thingy that some ppl have? I have never shared my weight with anyone so it is a big step for me putting it out there :( alas i think it will motivate me even more.

Hi everyone, Im new to this forum but hopefully you will see me around a lot! Im planning on doing a food diary today so this is the start of a new journey for me I hope.

Irishneady if you click on one of the other people's trackers it should bring you to a website that you can use and then you just copy and paste the url they give you into the signature box which should be somewhere in your boards.ie account options!

off the top of my head http://www.tickerfactory.com is one site.

Keep up the good work everybody :)

Hey moretothegirl

Thanks for that and welcome on board. I just notice not many ppl have it now so I am too embarassed to make one lol.

I plan on doing wii fit later - anyone else use it. I have no wireless but it would be great to be able to hook up with ppl and get fit together ( dunno if that is even possible on those games but anyway.

In fact I might buy the wii fit plus later for some extra exercises!

Hey moretothegirl

Thanks for that and welcome on board. I just notice not many ppl have it now so I am too embarassed to make one lol.

I plan on doing wii fit later - anyone else use it. I have no wireless but it would be great to be able to hook up with ppl and get fit together ( dunno if that is even possible on those games but anyway.

In fact I might buy the wii fit plus later for some extra exercises!

Hi again! I don't have the wii but its something I've been thinking about buying, played it before and seems good!

I'm off for a walk in the snow now to keep me out of the house and away from food!!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Hi Guys

I havent been on here for a while as I stopped going to WW back in June I think!

Well joined back the end of November with my friend from work and I was nearly the same weight I was when I started the previous time!

So was doing really well had lost 9lbs up to xmas week and I put on 3.5lbs over the xmas not very happy with that but it could have been much worse than that, i kinda went abit mad.

Now Im back starting a new week and Im finding it very difficult with the bad weather - all I want to do is eat and I cant get out for a walk.

Sorry for rabbiting on but i just need to offload somewhere

Hi again! I don't have the wii but its something I've been thinking about buying, played it before and seems good!

I'm off for a walk in the snow now to keep me out of the house and away from food!!

:)

The wii fit is really good I think. I was in the queu to get wii fit plus but OH rang to say he was locked out so i had to leg it and shop was reallly busy. Have u played wii fit? ppl mix it up with wii sports and they are very diff. I got a yoga game for chrimbo but finding it a bit rubbish - too little feedback. I really recommend the wii fit. find it great when u just don't wanna go out and u get mini challenges to unlock new levels etc.

JOJOC wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I havent been on here for a while as I stopped going to WW back in June I think!

Well joined back the end of November with my friend from work and I was nearly the same weight I was when I started the previous time!

So was doing really well had lost 9lbs up to xmas week and I put on 3.5lbs over the xmas not very happy with that but it could have been much worse than that, i kinda went abit mad.

Now Im back starting a new week and Im finding it very difficult with the bad weather - all I want to do is eat and I cant get out for a walk.

Sorry for rabbiting on but i just need to offload somewhere

That is not a bad gain over the chrimbo, god i would say if i was on ww before and after I would have been up loads. well done for joining back! Yes it is hard with the cold weather isn't it - zero soup all the way for me lol I'd be lost without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I can't get the wii fit anywhere!! So frustrating! All sold out!

no way? the balance board or the game - or both?

have u tried xtra vision?

littlewoods have them :)

• Advertisement

Hi everyone again!

So my first day has gone really well so far, just about to post up my first day for my food diary!

I was on ww about a year and a half ago and plan to join again this week (if the class isnt cancelled!) so until then im just using my old books and stuff but i cant seem to find the recipe for the zero points veg soup, does anyone here have it handy that they could post it up for me?

Hey sending this from phone so only be quick reply. I
    put a zero Italian chunky veg soup recipe up about two pages back. I think the zero veg I'd just veg stock and any veg u want except potatoes? Carrots, onion, leeks, celery?

Hey sending this from phone so only be quick reply. I
    put a zero Italian chunky veg soup recipe up about two pages back. I think the zero veg I'd just veg stock and any veg u want except potatoes? Carrots, onion, leeks, celery?

Found it great thanks so much sounds yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

i was great yesterday,to-day i was terrible! hope its not goin to be like this all week.went walkin in snow,real feel-good factor!

holyhock don't worry - it is hard with the weather being so miserable. without zero soup i would be on slippery slope. I went out last night and had a few bottles of bulmers light. Saved ppoints everyday as was meant to be going to a big party which was cancelled! I better see the results on the scales tommorow. I will admit that before i started ww l- the day before i completely pigged out so was 1 pound up than my usual weight (yes i ate biscuits, crisps, cheese- u name it!) so i am expecting to have lost at least 1lb - hope i am not being too hopeful.

holyhock don't worry - it is hard with the weather being so miserable. without zero soup i would be on slippery slope. I went out last night and had a few bottles of bulmers light. Saved ppoints everyday as was meant to be going to a big party which was cancelled! I better see the results on the scales tommorow. I will admit that before i started ww l- the day before i completely pigged out so was 1 pound up than my usual weight (yes i ate biscuits, crisps, cheese- u name it!) so i am expecting to have lost at least 1lb - hope i am not being too hopeful.

lol Irishneady I laughed when I read your post because that is exactly what I did too! I ate sooooo bad knowing I would start ww the next day! Having said that, I felt sooo sick after stuffing myself yet today only 2 days into my new diet i am feeling sooo much healthier and energetic!

Yea I have been so good all week now though. couldn't believe a custard cream biscuit was 1.5 points - i had about 8 of them on sunday.

Yea I have been so good all week now though. couldn't believe a custard cream biscuit was 1.5 points - i had about 8 of them on sunday.

I know what you mean, when you start on ww you get such a shock when you see how many points are actually in some food! I nearly died when I heard how many points are in a chicken tikka masala from the indian if I remember correctly its more than your daily allowance :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I got a bit of a shocker today too! Had a craving for something sweet, checked out the digestive buscuits and they are 1.5 points each too!!! I had 2 of them but I realy couldn't enjoy them knowing what a waste of my daily points they were!!
    Does anyone know how many points would be in potatoe croquettes? Also, if they are deep fried (so bad i know) in frytex (i know its terrible) im guessing they would be even higher?

• Advertisement

OMG - you serious. Whoa! all indian foods high think - i remember watching a gillan mc keith programme based on indian food.

My OH is coming home with sunday world now and WW mag is in it, so if no1 else got it i will update any tips. I bought some Linda Mc Carty Vegetarian Sasuages- they only work out 1.5 points and are quite tasty. Also bought WW oven chips! Very small portions but anyway- i feel deprived of carbs!
    *Lees* wrote: »
    I got a bit of a shocker today too! Had a craving for something sweet, checked out the digestive buscuits and they are 1.5 points each too!!! I had 2 of them but I realy couldn't enjoy them knowing what a waste of my daily points they were!!

Does anyone know how many points would be in potatoe croquettes? Also, if they are deep fried (so bad i know) in frytex (i know its terrible) im guessing they would be even higher?

I think one croquette is 150kcals and not sure of sat fat content- if u tell me the nutritional value on pack we cud try work it out. SO prob 2 points + per potatoe croquette. As for the deep frying in Fryex- i couldn't imagine to be honest.

1 table spoon Oil 4 Points
    1/4 cup Oil 16 Points
    1/2 cup Oil 32 Points
    1 cup Oil 64 Points

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement