Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

if you have the nutritional info you can work out points here : http://points.ogo.ms/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pinkilicious

This is probably a very stupid question :( does anyone know why 35g of peas are 1/2 point but lots of other veggies are 0??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Peas, sweet corn, parsnips, sweet potatoes are starchier!!! Not all veg is 0pts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi all hope your all having a better week than i am. im finding it really hard to stay on track after xmas. after my WI on tuesday i was ok for about a day!! but since the snow on wednesday its just gone down hill altogether:( iwouldnt say i have been all that terrible foodwise as have resisted the urge to get takeaway and cooked every evening but i have been picking at alot of left over chocolate and biscuits.

didnt get much exercise in either one walk and about an hour of running back up hills after sledding down them on saturday(snow just brings out the child in me!:p)

feeling really bloated and heavy the last few days too so hoping i havent done any damage and ill be delighted if i sts at WI tomorrow. ill be disgusted if im up!!!

anyway best of luck to all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

So I started today :D

Just had a bagel, scambled egg and butter (we didn't have low fat butter so I had to lose 1/2 a point on it) but I'm going shopping now in a while to get a few bits.

I am so determinded to do this!! I found a photo last night of "skinny" me, amazing back then I used to think I was "fat" :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Best of luck Littleblondhen - I'm sure you'll get off to a flying start.

Itsallaboutme - don't worry, believe me, I've hit many brick walls in the last two years of WW. It can be so frustrating how sometimes it's so hard to stay on the straight and narrow and how other times you could be sat in a room full of chocolate and not want one bite of it. In fairness when the weather's like this it can be really tough, coz you're stuck in the house and all you want to do is wrap up warm and eat in front of the tv. All I'd say is just keep plenty of low-point snacks at hand so at least if you fancy something with a cup of coffee, it's not gonna do carnage to your points allowance! Your head will get back in the game again, don't worry!

Thanks a mill Ya what now :)

Would anyone know off hand how many points are in spray oil? Maybe I'm imagining it but I though it was 0 or .5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

I'm not 100% but I think it's something like 10 sprays is a point. I'll check tomorrow with my leader to make sure if nobody else knows offhand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

I know its hard to stick to ithe diet when stuck in the house... I am having to study with all my free time so finding it quite hard... I have found the low fat jelly to be great. If I have a sweet craving I have one of those to satisfy it..... and there is no points... I am sure you are all aware of this, but I am new to this and finding them a good help.
    I find if I buy low fat cookies or similar I just go through them so its easier not even to have them in the house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 penpusher

Yes, I just started last week (15 st) - and it's not too bad is it? And you're right - its learning about living within a certain food limit - for life.

I'm finding that porridge in the morning makes me less hungry and less likely to crave snacks during the day.

Roll on the end of snow so I can go for walks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

well im getting my bulk weighed tomorrow morning. im starting again. im back at energie [gym for wemem only] today. i say im 24st. never was this weight before .was eating loads of pure crap for the last nearly year.want to be able to walk properly. the back of my right heal of foot is so soar. is there anyone who is 24st on this thread?? just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarah 93

Hi! Am new 2 this!! Well properly starting back today. Weighed in at 13.11. Hoping to get down to 13 stone by March... and downwards from then... :)

Sarah 93 wrote: »
    Hi! Am new 2 this!! Well properly starting back today. Weighed in at 13.11. Hoping to get down to 13 stone by March... and downwards from then... :)

Welcome Sarah!! Im new myself, only came to this forum saturday but i still feel sooo motivated! I think this forum is great for keeping up inspiration and motivation. By reading how everyone else is doing it spurs you on! I have just started a food diary too you should think about doing one too as I think its a great idea to log everything you eat!

Good luck with everything :)

blond45 wrote: »
    well im getting my bulk weighed tomorrow morning. im starting again. im back at energie [gym for wemem only] today. i say im 24st. never was this weight before .was eating loads of pure crap for the last nearly year.want to be able to walk properly. the back of my right heal of foot is so soar. is there anyone who is 24st on this thread?? just curious.

Hi blond45,

well done on making this move, I think this forums great for keeping up your motivation. I have tried loosing weight before and my problem is usually that i hit a slump and loose motivation. I think that this forum is a great support system and you should think about starting a food diary too!

I myself am new too and I am 15st 9.6lbs.Not sure what weight everyone else is but theres definitely a great variation. You poor thing starting off with a sore foot is hard but have you thought about going swimming? this is a nicer way of exercise i think and its low impact.I know it can be daunting getting into swimming togs but its great once youg get over that! I myself havent really started any exercise yet just a walk here and there so i think getting the food sorted in the first place is the main thing anyway!

Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

OK so first weigh in today. Am down 3lbs! Now having said that I was so bloody strict all week and saving points for alcohol so i don't expect as a big a drop in future. Am really happy with that.
    Have had what I feel like is quite a high points day as I had to have white bread at lunch :(

there are a good few deals in supermarkets on WW products if ye shop around. I have the pizza for my dinner.
    So I started today :D

Just had a bagel, scambled egg and butter (we didn't have low fat butter so I had to lose 1/2 a point on it) but I'm going shopping now in a while to get a few bits.

I am so determinded to do this!! I found a photo last night of "skinny" me, amazing back then I used to think I was "fat" :(

yes I was the same i used to think i was fat - and i was a rake, found a photo from 2002 (ish) and I look perfect :(
    lly wrote: »
    I know its hard to stick to ithe diet when stuck in the house... I am having to study with all my free time so finding it quite hard... I have found the low fat jelly to be great. If I have a sweet craving I have one of those to satisfy it..... and there is no points... I am sure you are all aware of this, but I am new to this and finding them a good help.
    I find if I buy low fat cookies or similar I just go through them so its easier not even to have them in the house.

nope didn't know that about jelly- must get some

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

Hi blond45,

well done on making this move, I think this forums great for keeping up your motivation. I have tried loosing weight before and my problem is usually that i hit a slump and loose motivation. I think that this forum is a great support system and you should think about starting a food diary too!

I myself am new too and I am 15st 9.6lbs.Not sure what weight everyone else is but theres definitely a great variation. You poor thing starting off with a sore foot is hard but have you thought about going swimming? this is a nicer way of exercise i think and its low impact.I know it can be daunting getting into swimming togs but its great once youg get over that! I myself havent really started any exercise yet just a walk here and there so i think getting the food sorted in the first place is the main thing anyway!

Good luck with it :)
    thank you moretothegirl.how do go by starting food diary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi everyone, I joined ww 2 weeks before xmas, was down 2 pounds on first weigh in. Then came Christmas...
    Was not good at all. I have been good for the last 2 weeks and it is weigh day on thurs and fingers crossed I am down something.
    It is brilliant to read all about your success stories, its really spurring me on.
    Am finding it hard to exercise, before christmas I was going to a kick boxercise class twice a week, but since the hols I just cant face it. I dont know is it the cold or laziness, but am hoping that you can let me in on your own get up and go ideas.
    Thanks!!!

hey

I got the new wii fit plus today. bloke in shop said all my exercises and everything from wii fit will transfer over which is great. going to do a serious session tommorow on.

kick boxing is meant to be very good for burning fat. I really shud look into classes of some kind.

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I joined ww 2 weeks before xmas, was down 2 pounds on first weigh in. Then came Christmas...
    Was not good at all. I have been good for the last 2 weeks and it is weigh day on thurs and fingers crossed I am down something.
    It is brilliant to read all about your success stories, its really spurring me on.
    Am finding it hard to exercise, before christmas I was going to a kick boxercise class twice a week, but since the hols I just cant face it. I dont know is it the cold or laziness, but am hoping that you can let me in on your own get up and go ideas.
    Thanks!!!

I could do with some of those get up and go ideas too! Im terribly lazy when it comes to exercise :o

Blond45 there is a food diary sub forum in the nutrition and diet forum! when you click into the nutrition and diet forum you should see a food diary forum option.

Its full of people who have set up threads dedicated to logging their food and then others can view and comment on it and also take ideas for their own meals :)

irishneady wrote: »
    hey

I got the new wii fit plus today. bloke in shop said all my exercises and everything from wii fit will transfer over which is great. going to do a serious session tommorow on.

kick boxing is meant to be very good for burning fat. I really shud look into classes of some kind.

I have only ever played the wii to play the wii sports game, ive never tried wii fit. Can you explain to me what kind of exercises is involved? I am finding it hard to imagine if it is something that you can get your heart beat up to ? sorry if this is a silly question!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Molly Moo

Hi I am new to this forum. Got weightwatchers at home pack as really find it hard to make meetings. Am hoping to los 2 stone and am very determined started this morning. I have WII fit it's very good but just need to use every day

I'm not 100% but I think it's something like 10 sprays is a point. I'll check tomorrow with my leader to make sure if nobody else knows offhand.

Thanks a mill :)

Well my first day has gone well so far :D Just back from the gym, I was there for an hour and 20 minutes!! I got carried away on the threadmill watching eastenders. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

yeah,i`ll have to get back 2 no point soup too!i dunno if its the weather,TOM,after effects of xmas or what,even tho i was up FIVE lbs,i still can`t get in the right mind set at all,on ww scales im 13/13.5lbs,"weigh"2 heavy for 5ft3 or 5ft4! funny thing i would have a small face and features so can hide it fairly well when dressed up but just feel like a flob at mo!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

hollyhock wrote: »
    yeah,i`ll have to get back 2 no point soup too!i dunno if its the weather,TOM,after effects of xmas or what,even tho i was up FIVE lbs,i still can`t get in the right mind set at all,on ww scales im 13/13.5lbs,"weigh"2 heavy for 5ft3 or 5ft4! funny thing i would have a small face and features so can hide it fairly well when dressed up but just feel like a flob at mo!:mad:

I hear you - I stepped on the scales in Galway this morning and it says I am 10st 12.5 :( Last time I weighed I was 10st 9 but that said last time I weighed on that scales I was 10st 13 but still I feel bloated but still ate some of the flapjacks I made my boyfriend...

Holly I think its the weather and we will be back into it soon, once we keep the damage to minimum then we are doing ok :):) January is a horrible month!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarah 93

Welcome Sarah!! Im new myself, only came to this forum saturday but i still feel sooo motivated! I think this forum is great for keeping up inspiration and motivation. By reading how everyone else is doing it spurs you on! I have just started a food diary too you should think about doing one too as I think its a great idea to log everything you eat!

Good luck with everything :)

Thanks! u 2:) Well day 1 has gone well!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Hi all,
    Just went back to WW tonight after 6 month hiatus, in which I managed to put on 17lbs!!!! Was expected though and I am very determined. Have to say, read through this thread today and I think it's amazing how you all support and motivate each other. Watched Jwacqui's videos too and that has definitely made me feel more like I can achieve this time (thank you!). 21.5lbs to go to goal, and this time, I WILL DO IT! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Millieboo wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just went back to WW tonight after 6 month hiatus, in which I managed to put on 17lbs!!!! Was expected though and I am very determined. Have to say, read through this thread today and I think it's amazing how you all support and motivate each other. Watched Jwacqui's videos too and that has definitely made me feel more like I can achieve this time (thank you!). 21.5lbs to go to goal, and this time, I WILL DO IT! :)

Hi, thanks for watching the videos! Glad they helped.

Well done on rejoining thats the hardest part! One you're committed you will have that 21lb gone in not time!!

Best of luck!! YOU WILL DO IT!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Cheers Jwacqui, I will be watching to see how you get on this week, i think you'll be a leader one day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Aww thanks so much! I'd love to be a leader one day! I'd love to help and motivate other to lose weight!!

I have weigh in tomorrow morning! So fingers crossed!! :p

• Advertisement

Morning all
    I had WW pizza yesterday - small but satisfying!
    I have only ever played the wii to play the wii sports game, ive never tried wii fit. Can you explain to me what kind of exercises is involved? I am finding it hard to imagine if it is something that you can get your heart beat up to ? sorry if this is a silly question!

hard to explain. In wii fit (will be using updated one later) there is balance/aerobic/muscle and yoga workouts. So by using the balance board it can measure if u are doing the exercises right as we all know there are lazy ways around most lol. I am told in this new one that you can target an area to work on- stomach here we come! I find it good but there ar alot of exercise games out there -cardio, boxing etc. wii active. here is a quick video of wii fit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRYEm3JH2tY
    Jwacqui wrote: »
    Aww thanks so much! I'd love to be a leader one day! I'd love to help and motivate other to lose weight!!

I have weigh in tomorrow morning! So fingers crossed!! :p

fingers crossed for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement