Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Question please.

What do you do if something says "Fat of which saturates - Trace"?

I'm looking at a tin of heinz beans and the calories are 147 and the fat is 0.4g - fat of which saturates - trace.

If I was to include the 0.4g it would be 2 points for the tin, 200g.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Question please.

What do you do if something says "Fat of which saturates - Trace"?

I'm looking at a tin of heinz beans and the calories are 147 and the fat is 0.4g - fat of which saturates - trace.

If I was to include the 0.4g it would be 2 points for the tin, 200g.

I could be wrong, but in my mind it is not total fat we count but saturated fat, to me if it says trace then i would count it as having 0 saturated fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

irishneady wrote: »
    Morning all
    I had WW pizza yesterday - small but satisfying!

hard to explain. In wii fit (will be using updated one later) there is balance/aerobic/muscle and yoga workouts. So by using the balance board it can measure if u are doing the exercises right as we all know there are lazy ways around most lol. I am told in this new one that you can target an area to work on- stomach here we come! I find it good but there ar alot of exercise games out there -cardio, boxing etc. wii active. here is a quick video of wii fit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRYEm3JH2tY

fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for that, it sounds really good, im thinking on investing lol

I could be wrong, but in my mind it is not total fat we count but saturated fat, to me if it says trace then i would count it as having 0 saturated fat.

Cool, I wasn't sure how "Trace" should be counted. I thought for cases like that we would add in the total fat.

I have to say the weight watchers calculator that was posted here is so handy. I've been going around all morning pointing things!

My boyfriend told me he has got me some sort of weight watchers thing for me, you install it on the computer. I'm not sure what it is yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Trace = 0!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Thanks for that, it sounds really good, im thinking on investing lol

I have Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus and I love them. Was stuck at home all weekend cause of the snow and I still got to go skateboarding, cycling and jogging as well as doing muscle and yoga workouts. Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Banner_girl

I no it sounds completely stupid, but I am. I joined weightwatchers in August and was doing great but everything went out the window in Oct/Nov and I stopped going. Now Im thinking of taking the trip down tonight but thing is I def have all the weight put back on and who knows perhaps even more. I am mad at myself for doing it but also ashamed and scared of facing her!! I had the idea that I would lose the weight I have put on since and then go down but if Im honest with myself...I cant do it on my own! Should I just go down with my tail between my legs??

I no it sounds completely stupid, but I am. I joined weightwatchers in August and was doing great but everything went out the window in Oct/Nov and I stopped going. Now Im thinking of taking the trip down tonight but thing is I def have all the weight put back on and who knows perhaps even more. I am mad at myself for doing it but also ashamed and scared of facing her!! I had the idea that I would lose the weight I have put on since and then go down but if Im honest with myself...I cant do it on my own! Should I just go down with my tail between my legs??

I say go for it!

Don't be worried about what anyone will think of you, pick yourself up, dust off and try again.

I've only started yesterday, but I am so impressed with the people on this board! They all really help and encourage each other, it's great. So you will have plenty of help here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Your leader will be delighted to see you, regardless if you've put the weight back on or not. And by going back you'll soon be back to the weight you were and then even lighter still. You should defo take the plunge and go-best of luck!

I am so impressed with the people on this board! They all really help and encourage each other

That I can see, was really impressed with jwaquis vid too! Girl, you have amazing strength and determination...hats off to you!!

Ya I think Ill just do it...if I don't no one else is going to do it for me!! Worst thing for me is work, I work nights in a take-away...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

That I can see, was really impressed with jwaquis vid too! Girl, you have amazing strength and determination...hats off to you!!

Ya I think Ill just do it...if I don't no one else is going to do it for me!! Worst thing for me is work, I work nights in a take-away...:(

K DO NOT BE SCARED OF ANYONE!!!! Only you can give out to you for eating, you are the only person you affect when overweight... Your leader is there as support, you are not a bold child and she will not give out, she will say well done, welcome back and heres to a new you!!!

Believe me - I was there - went to ww lost weight, stopped for a month and I ate, I went back and had put back on most of the weight I lost but I WAS MORE DETERMINED THEN!!! My leader was lovely and very supportive as yours will be... Weightloss is not easy, anyone who says otherwise is a fool, its hard, the only easy thing is putting on the weight, loosing it is hard and sometimes you slip up and that is what people are there for, to help you get back on track!!!!

Do go back to the meeting and don't be ashamed, scared or anything, if we didn't make mistakes what would be the point :):):)

Best of luck... (I am a fellow banner girl :))

God I should have come on here sooner!! Thanks all...your absolutely right...time to take control, look at it as new start. Meeting is at 6, work is at half past so wont get to stay for talk. Ill let you know how everything goes...

God I should have come on here sooner!! Thanks all...your absolutely right...time to take control, look at it as new start. Meeting is at 6, work is at half past so wont get to stay for talk. Ill let you know how everything goes...

Good on ye :D

Haha I booked my flights for Glasgow today! Anyone know how many points is in a deep fried mars bar?? :eek:

I'm just joking, but my god are they delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

ergonomics wrote: »
    I have Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus and I love them. Was stuck at home all weekend cause of the snow and I still got to go skateboarding, cycling and jogging as well as doing muscle and yoga workouts. Love it!

just finished 40 mins on wii fit plus. I got lost cycling in the park!!! Loving the parade rhythm type game - where you march and beat to drum. Thought there would be a lot more new yoga games :-(

so tonight I am having ww oven chips and a burger (no burger buns mind u). I have done really well so far today in order to have this. As we watched a dvd last night I had 2 WW cookies as my treat (1.5 pts) and the OH had a 420 g tub of ben and jerrys! At 270kcals per 100g - oh who'll be the fatty soon lol

just finished 40 mins on wii fit plus. I got lost cycling in the park!!! Loving the parade rhythm type game - where you march and beat to drum. Thought there would be a lot more new yoga games :-(

so tonight I am having ww oven chips and a burger (no burger buns mind u). I have done really well so far today in order to have this. As we watched a dvd last night I had 2 WW cookies as my treat (1.5 pts) and the OH had a 420 g tub of ben and jerrys! At 270kcals per 100g - oh who'll be the fatty soon lol

Haha! My OH just had a M&S Spag Bol which I worked out at 10.5 points and six, yes six, potato croquettes which work out at 7 points.

I felt so pious sitting there with me fish, corn and broccoli :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Hey girls, I'm not in WW but weighed myself today properly and am still 13 st 8, what I was before Xmas. Delighted as I ate a lot of rubbbish. Healthy eating from here on in :)

Haha! My OH just had a M&S Spag Bol which I worked out at 10.5 points and six, yes six, potato croquettes which work out at 7 points.

I felt so pious sitting there with me fish, corn and broccoli :D

mine has the metabolism of a....??? something with a high metabolism- gazelle? I had the best dinner eve. I was only on 10 points so had 200g WW chips, a burger in between 2 slices of WW brown bread with onion, red sauce. Total of 8 points but loved every minute of it lol.
    Hey girls, I'm not in WW but weighed myself today properly and am still 13 st 8, what I was before Xmas. Delighted as I ate a lot of rubbbish. Healthy eating from here on in :)

Cool, welcome on board. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

hi all..so tmrw is the day im goin back to ww for first time in 2 yrs..ive been pretty good since lst wk and i know its only 2 days but yesterday and today ive been stickin within my points (found my old book) im actually really lookin forward it now just go an get weighed and get going..thankfully my OH wants to drop a few lbs too so he's not puttin too much temptation in my way and he will come for walks with me etc (when the weather ever picks up)! Seems to be a lot of us newbies to the thread in the last wk so here's hoping we'll all do really well and be looking fab this summer :cool:
    wish me luck

Also ive been wanting to buy a wii fit since xmas but everywhere seems to be out of stock..anybody know anywhere i mite pick one up?

yep littlewoods have them in stock but u will be waiting about 10 days it says. welcome on board btw :)

• Advertisement

mine has the metabolism of a....??? something with a high metabolism- gazelle? I had the best dinner eve. I was only on 10 points so had 200g WW chips, a burger in between 2 slices of WW brown bread with onion, red sauce. Total of 8 points but loved every minute of it lol.

Cool, welcome on board. :)

Oh that sounds nice! What kind of burger was it?

I'm a little peckish now, well actually I'm not sure if I am or if it's just I think I am. I have some points left and I'm dying for something sweet but there isn't anything WW friendly at home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

great thanks irishneady i'll check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

Hey everyone, I'm starting my second week on WW (lost 1.5lbs this week) I've been posting on a different forum but its users are mainly American so I was delighted when I stumbled across this. Will be nice to be able to recognise the ingrediants people are using in their menus!! I've a meeting after work tomorrow so i'm trying to plan what I will bring with me as I wont be able to eat until after 8pm. All suggestions welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Molly Moo

Hi All

nice to read all your posts am doing WW at home as I find it hard to get to meetings only started Monday so am being very careful to point and track everything. Do you all get to do much excercise or are you relying mainly on diet, it is so hard to get out in the evenings afterr work as it's dark so early. It will be nice to be able to talk to others who are in the same boat

Molly

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

got weighed today as i said im 24.5 st. ive now done out my menu for tomorrow. always done that so i wont be wondering. for the first few weeks il be going to shops to get what i want for the day of eating.im going day by day not the big picture as in i'd be thinking ive heaps of bulk to looooose. have to get used to the food part before i rightley get in to exercise..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Hi Guys

Is it just me or is it really difficult to get motivated since xmas?

All i want to do is eat everything in sight, doesnt help that there are still xmas sweets and biscuits in the house and I cant get out to get a walk in :(

Havent been tracking anythin either so dont know where I am - im so mad at myself :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

I was exact same as you, went back to class on Monday and I way more now then when I originally did WW in June - August (had lost 13lbs when I quit).
    I ended up weighing in 17lbs heavier than last time I was there, and I was so embarrassed but hey, as I see it, it's better to go back now and take steps to lose the weight than let my embarrassment stop me and probably put on more weight. Its mortifying for 2 minutes and then you get focused again (and the leader didnt make me feel bad at all)!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

FYI all, my leader has brill website with loads of great recipes!

http://www.eimhear.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

Molly Moo wrote: »
    Hi All

nice to read all your posts am doing WW at home as I find it hard to get to meetings only started Monday so am being very careful to point and track everything. Do you all get to do much excercise or are you relying mainly on diet, it is so hard to get out in the evenings afterr work as it's dark so early. It will be nice to be able to talk to others who are in the same boat

Molly

Hi Molly,

This is just my second week and for the moment I'm just concentrating on getting the diet right. I tend to try to do everything at once ie exercise 5 days a week, stop drinking AND get diet in check. I always fall off the wagon pretty quickly so this time I'm taking it one step at a time. I think I will give myself another week or two getting diet sorted and start to introduce exercise after that. Being honest, both are really needed for good weight loss. However, this time I'm going to try to stick to a more do-able regime of exercise, starting slowly and building up from there, instead of setting myself up to fail by having my expectations too high. Hope this helps

Jennie :)

• Advertisement

The burger wad the smallest Birdseye beef burgers u can buy littleblondehen.

I am mainly relying on walking and wii fit for exercise. Haven't done much yet since started ww but got back on wii tonight and plan on doing it three times a week at least.

Idea's for food to bring with u.....
    If u have a flask u could make up a soup.
    Tossed salad with chicken.
    Sandwich on wholewheat bread.

Ok I am not very good at this lol unless I know if u have somewhere to heat things up or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement