Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Where can I buy the cartons of egg white. I must get them asap. Looked in Tesco and could not stt them

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Molly Moo

girltatu wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions irishneady, I think i'll grab a WW sandwich on the way to work so that will keep me going until I can get home to make something decent. Molly, we've done it once so we can do it again! I've 2st 7 to lose so hopefully we can motivate each other to stay on track

Thanks at least we know this diet works if we stick to it I have decided that at least if i''m watching what i eat the weight will go in the right direction.

I had a baked sweet potato with omlette for my dinner which worked out well in points and was delicious. I have cut out bread altogether because i find it hard to point and it's too easy to delude myself about the points i'm eating then.

I am delighted to have found this group because it keeps me going at work waiting to check in at night on how everyone else is coping, nice not to be alone in this:)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Molly Moo wrote: »

I had a baked sweet potato with omlette for my dinner which worked out well in points and was delicious. I have cut out bread altogether because i find it hard to point and it's too easy to delude myself about the points i'm eating then.

I am delighted to have found this group because it keeps me going at work waiting to check in at night on how everyone else is coping, nice not to be alone in this:)

get the Weight Watchers Bread. I am swearing by it this week as it stretches out the hunger. u can get the brown bread that is 2 slices for 1 point, or u can get the thick sliced which is 1 point per slice. The white is also available but i sticking with those i just mentioned.

p.s. just had to make zero soup as am starving :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Oh I am so hungry after reading all about your omelettes. Had a sandwich today, and a big stir fry for my dinner so still have points but dont know what to have!!! Am getting weighed tomoro so Id say fruit!

On another note two of my friends are also in ww, and you know if you eat out and are unsure about the exact points, I always add on a few to be sure. However my friend totally under points all her stuff, and then she complains about not using weight. I try to tell her, but she just wont listen!! Sorry about the rant... :( but its really annoying me.

irishneady wrote: »
    get the Weight Watchers Bread. I am swearing by it this week as it stretches out the hunger. u can get the brown bread that is 2 slices for 1 point, or u can get the thick sliced which is 1 point per slice. The white is also available but i sticking with those i just mentioned.

p.s. just had to make zero soup as am starving :(

I have been having Rakusen's crackers with my soup 1point for 4 crackers and they are just like thin cream crackers.
    someone told me today about butternut squash said it was lovely roasted with salt and pepper just for a different veg anyone know the points in butternut squash?

Also in rosemary connolly magazine for feb there is a lovely recipe pullout which you can point beause it gives you calories and fat content of recipes. Made a lovely chiili beef and noodle dish last night for just 7.5 points from it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Thanks at least we know this diet works if we stick to it I have decided that at least if i''m watching what i eat the weight will go in the right direction.

Baked sweet potato? Sounds yum!

I'm made a mess of my points today :( I didn't go over, but at dinner time I was starving because I was just back from the gym. So I gobbled up some donegal catch and coleslaw which was 7, while my family were eating chicken chassuer. Afterwards myself and my mam worked out the points of the chicken chassuer and it was only coming to 3.5!
    So I learned my lesson. Had I of had some fruit and a yogurt when I came in from the gym and worked out the points I would have been 3.5 points better off!

I'm a bit hungry now, I've no points left for today and there is no 0 point food in the house. I've to go shopping tomorrow.

The shopping tomorrow is actually for myself and two cousins, I'm staying with them from friday until thurs as they are both in school and need a bit of supervision while their parents are away.
    I'm completely stuck on what to buy for during the week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Where can I buy the cartons of egg white. I must get them asap. Looked in Tesco and could not stt them
    Lads in the fitness forum said dunnes usually have it, it would be in the fridge section.

http://www.google.ie/#hl=en&source=hp&q=egg+whites+dunnes+site%3Aboards.ie&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=egg+whites+dunnes+site%3Aboards.ie&fp=47c8bc40b85e4d4c

I have been having Rakusen's crackers with my soup 1point for 4 crackers and they are just like thin cream crackers.
    someone told me today about butternut squash said it was lovely roasted with salt and pepper just for a different veg anyone know the points in butternut squash?

Also in rosemary connolly magazine for feb there is a lovely recipe pullout which you can point beause it gives you calories and fat content of recipes. Made a lovely chiili beef and noodle dish last night for just 7.5 points from it:)

0 points.

I'm going to get one tomorrow and try to make chips with it!

0 points.

I'm going to get one tomorrow and try to make chips with it!

Yea was told to cut into chunks like chips and roast so must try.

When shopping make sure to buy some fall back snacks as it is when you get hungry and have to have something thats when i fall off wagon as I eat the wrong things where as I've found if I have something light in points or a WW wafer bar for 1.5 points in the house I can limit damage.
    This is great while I'm Typing I'm not eating.
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Hi

I have been following this thread and its been really helpful, so thanks everyone.

Just to let you know I went to WW tonight and after my first week I had lost 6lbs.... I am delighted :D:D

So now it works, so onwards and upwards. Hope we can all support and encourage each other, and keep with sharing the great tips

Definately going to look out for the pink and white bars, thanks for the info on them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

Yea was told to cut into chunks like chips and roast so must try.

When shopping make sure to buy some fall back snacks as it is when you get hungry and have to have something thats when i fall off wagon as I eat the wrong things where as I've found if I have something light in points or a WW wafer bar for 1.5 points in the house I can limit damage.
    This is great while I'm Typing I'm not eating.
    :P

I can vouch for the fact that butternut squash is delicious!! I cut it up, spray it with low fat cooking spray, add some mixed herbs, throw it in the oven and its gorgeous.. yum yum!! One of my low fat treats is the Aero chocolate mousse, it really hits the spot and is only 2 points per pot

girltatu wrote: »
    I can vouch for the fact that butternut squash is delicious!! I cut it up, spray it with low fat cooking spray, add some mixed herbs, throw it in the oven and its gorgeous.. yum yum!! One of my low fat treats is the Aero chocolate mousse, it really hits the spot and is only 2 points per pot
    Yum, am definitely going to try them.
    I have more of a savoury tooth than a sweet tooth, so when I want something tasty, I have a bag of snack a jacks salt and vinegar. Only 1.5 points a bag and they are really filling too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 penpusher

I started getting the Muller Light yoghurts for snacks instead of the WW ones - they are 165g to WW 100g - and absolutely yum! Particularly the vanilla, chocolate and black cherry ones - all currently on special offer in tescos.
    And they work out at 1.5 points - i have them with fruit.
    Danger is I'll eat too many though...i had 4 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I have more of a savoury tooth than a sweet tooth, so when I want something tasty, I have a bag of snack a jacks salt and vinegar. Only 1.5 points a bag and they are really filling too.

velvet crunch only 1 point - have you tried them. Snax from a multip pack are 1.5 as are burger bites - just incase u want variety.
    penpusher wrote: »
    I started getting the Muller Light yoghurts for snacks instead of the WW ones - they are 165g to WW 100g - and absolutely yum! Particularly the vanilla, chocolate and black cherry ones - all currently on special offer in tescos.

yes I have a few in my fride but I like the ww yoghurts for 0.5 points as then can have some fruit with it to bring it up to 1 or 1.5

Cadyboo wrote: »

I love those snack a jacks as well, especially the sour cream and onion ones. Have to say I'm loving this board, reading all the suggestions from other people is definitely helping me feel like I'm not missing out on anything!

irishneady wrote: »
    velvet crunch only 1 point - have you tried them. Snax from a multip pack are 1.5 as are burger bites - just incase u want variety.
    Yes I love snax, not too keen on velvet crunch though.
    Anyway got weighted today. Havent gone since before xmas, was afraid and nearly fell off the scales, was down 2.5 pounds, absolutely delighted!!!!!
    This thread is definitely going to keep me going, its all the encouragement and ideas people have. Thanks guys.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Pink and whites are THE best thing since sliced bread!!!!!!:D:D
    i stick them in the microwave for a few secs and the marshmallow bit goes all goooey and sticky!!!nyom!!!

OMG tried this last night - can't believe I've gone so long just eating them out of the packet. They go all gooey and delish in the microwave for like 10mins! YUM!

What are pink and whites, some lind of cookie? I rejoined WW last june and am down 43.5lb and keep hearing about pink and whites but have never seen one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

http://www.pinknwhites.com/

These, they are like marshmallow between two wafers. 1/2 point each! Yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

penpusher wrote: »
    oh god stop buying them . i USED to get the ww taller moose twin pots. thought id be ok with just the one at night for a treat but of course the other one was calling me EAT ME, EAT ME IM HERE.. so i stoped getting them. if its not in the house you wont eat it.

• Advertisement

I can honestly say I have never seen them in my life.

1st WI tonight since christmas, not looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

You'll find them in dunnes or tesco. In my Dunnes they are with the bread. Really cheap aswell! Try them out! Best of luck with weigh in caroline!! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 penpusher

I can confirm that they are - delicious!!! And close to 0 - had to use tiny bit of oil.
    Butternut squash was a new vegetable for me, but soup and chips were yum...

Ok I can get rid of that rant now!

I get awful cranky when I'm hungry.

Just had the most disgusting dinner ever!!! Think I'll have some sugar free jelly and a bit of cream as a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey all! Great to see this thread really buzzing! Aren't ye all great!!! :D

Well went back to WW tonight. So like I suspected I lost 4 pounds since Xmas plus another half pound this week! YAY! :D Which means I'm officially in the elevens!

So I got my silver seven tonight also! Which is 4 stone gone altogether! I was the only silver seven tonight which was embarrassing for me when he called me up but good!!! :)

Half a pound for the past week was ok but I really want to push on! Going to buy the Wii fit tomorrow and get back to walking! So please god I'll have a good loss next week!

Just to share with ye all, here are my next mini goals I want to achieve!
    3 more pounds to 60 pounds gone! :D
    5 pounds to go for 4 1/2 stone gone!

Hey all, congrats to caddyboo and doctorwhogirl on the weight loss, you're doing great girls!! I didn't have my planned dinner tonight as I got a phone call to have dinner in my mams and i'm never one to turn down a free meal haha! I still did pretty good tho, even though there was carbonara on offer, I went for chicken that my nanny had made yesterday. It had couscous and apriocots in it so will have to check points but I doubt its very high. Had it with brocolli and spuds. Have to admit to looking longingly at the carbonara but glad now I went with the healthier option!

Hows everyone getting on today? :)

Well done DoctorWhoGirl :)

Girltatu, didn't do too well today. I didn't go over my points but it was my first day back in college and I didn't plan my meals very well. I was absolultley starving when I got home. But I did feel good when some of the girls went to the chipper for lunch and came back and offered chips around. I said No Thanks :)

I didn't know the Marks & Spencers Count on Us range have points values on them! Quite handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Well done DoctorWhoGirl :)

Girltatu, didn't do too well today. I didn't go over my points but it was my first day back in college and I didn't plan my meals very well. I was absolultley starving when I got home. But I did feel good when some of the girls went to the chipper for lunch and came back and offered chips around. I said No Thanks :)

I didn't know the Marks & Spencers Count on Us range have points values on them! Quite handy.

Thanks! :)
    Fair play to you avoiding the chipper! Not easy to do at all and shows real determination!

That's great about Marks and Sparks! Their food is yum!!!

Thanks! :)
    Fair play to you avoiding the chipper! Not easy to do at all and shows real determination!

That's great about Marks and Sparks! Their food is yum!!!

I know I love it! The chocolate muffin desert yoke is 2.5, so if you want a nice treat! and they have this Braised steak thing, looks lovely it's 2.5 for half a pack, but it looks really filling.

• Advertisement

Well, I am trilled and delighted to report a loss of half a pound. Not much I know but I was expecting a big gain, at least 3 or 4 pounds. Over the christmas period I ate my weight in junk and booze. I had pulled back a little last week and am pretty much back on track since monday.

That makes a total loss of 44lb and just about 2 sizes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement