Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

Well done DoctorWhoGirl :)

Girltatu, didn't do too well today. I didn't go over my points but it was my first day back in college and I didn't plan my meals very well. I was absolultley starving when I got home. But I did feel good when some of the girls went to the chipper for lunch and came back and offered chips around. I said No Thanks :)

I didn't know the Marks & Spencers Count on Us range have points values on them! Quite handy.

well done on not going over your points and on refusing the chips! You might feel that you haven't done well but at the end of it you've stayed within your points and thats the main thing!

Have you thought of what you might bring to college with you that will help fill you up but keep you on track? I find my biggest downfall is not being prepared. I tend to have the same lunch which is handy enough but dinner is my problem, so now i'm trying to plan meals for the week, get the ingrediants in and then I know that I can pick and choose which ones I want on each day. I've got great ideas for recipes for next week on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

girltatu wrote: »
    well done on not going over your points and on refusing the chips! You might feel that you haven't done well but at the end of it you've stayed within your points and thats the main thing!

Have you thought of what you might bring to college with you that will help fill you up but keep you on track? I find my biggest downfall is not being prepared. I tend to have the same lunch which is handy enough but dinner is my problem, so now i'm trying to plan meals for the week, get the ingrediants in and then I know that I can pick and choose which ones I want on each day. I've got great ideas for recipes for next week on here!

I'm going to have rethink the plan for the lunches. I was grand in college, but when I left I went shopping and by the time I got home i was starving, so it was that gap in the middle that caused me problems. I think, like you, it would be better to plan my meals for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sometimes I feel like Mary Poppins but I always have food in my bag... Parlty due to dietary restrictions but I always have an apple or orange in my handbag, its great for emergencies like popping into town and not having dinner for ages!!! I get abuse from the guys in college but it means I get closer to my goal so I don't mind :):):)

I am a Scout Leader and our motto is "Be Prepared" - I apply that to weight loss, its when you are not prepared the chocolate or crisps appear...

Heres to a good weekend and new week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Molly Moo

:pWell done to everyone on their loss thats great considering the time of year. I had tandoori chiken from the rosemary connolly booklet for 3.5 points and sweet potato chips and salad yum yum. Definately would recommend the recipes in that magazine loads of great ideas and you don't feel like you're missing out at all cause thats what I find the hardest deciding what to have.

Have been good all week breakfast lunch and dinner and all within points, also wlk every day even took walking clothes and runners to work today and walked at lunch.

Only prob i'm having is headaches but i think thatsjust withdrawal fom all sugary food as this is first week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Lol Pembily. Why, you sound practically perfect?! Ok I'll stock my bag up with a few bits for tomorrow. We finish at 1.15 and I am going to they gym after college, so I only have morning break, and I'm planning to have a brown bread sandwhich,yogurt and an apple. I'll have a banana on the way to the gym and maybe some other fruit for after the gym on the way home.

Mollymoo, that sounds lovely! Any chance you could send me the recipe please?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi all!

Newbie to this thread, joined ww last night and gonna need all the motivation I can get.

It's very daunting starting, feel like its gonna take ages. I think i'm expectin results all ready!!?

I'v been to ww b4 and lost the weight, now its creepin up again and its just like uugghhhh .. again..

I would really appreciate any advice on those who hav lost the weight and kept it off???

I'm feeling very motivated tho don't get me wrong! I paid pre paid (12wks for price of 10 at €108-Bargain me thinks!) so no excuses!!

This thread is my new addiction.

Keep up the motivational tips peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

foundry wrote: »
    Hi all!

Newbie to this thread, joined ww last night and gonna need all the motivation I can get.

It's very daunting starting, feel like its gonna take ages. I think i'm expectin results all ready!!?

I'v been to ww b4 and lost the weight, now its creepin up again and its just like uugghhhh .. again..

I would really appreciate any advice on those who hav lost the weight and kept it off???

I'm feeling very motivated tho don't get me wrong! I paid pre paid (12wks for price of 10 at €108-Bargain me thinks!) so no excuses!!

This thread is my new addiction.

Keep up the motivational tips peeps!

I just joined too this Monday and I know what you mean about expecting results already ha! Been dying with flu all week, which I would usually let be an excuse for eating all round me but I am so motivated nothing is going to put me off!!!
    Great idea pre-paying, me thinks i will do that this week!

GOOD LUCK!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

penpusher wrote: »
    I can confirm that they are - delicious!!! And close to 0 - had to use tiny bit of oil.
    Butternut squash was a new vegetable for me, but soup and chips were yum...

made them last night - gorgeus!

I didn't know the Marks & Spencers Count on Us range have points values on them! Quite handy.

are they defo the same as WW points. Not like the tesco point value they give which is not the same at all. I thought tesco points were same as WW until I done my own calculations lol got a shock
    Molly Moo wrote: »
    :pWell done to everyone on their loss thats great considering the time of year. I had tandoori chiken from the rosemary connolly booklet for 3.5 points and sweet potato chips and salad yum yum. Definately would recommend the recipes in that magazine loads of great ideas and you don't feel like you're missing out at all cause thats what I find the hardest deciding what to have.

Have been good all week breakfast lunch and dinner and all within points, also wlk every day even took walking clothes and runners to work today and walked at lunch.

Only prob i'm having is headaches but i think thatsjust withdrawal fom all sugary food as this is first week.

what bookklet is this - sorry if i missed thread. I was just saying to fellow weight watchers tandorri chicken so easy to make and it prob low using the recipe i use myself.

2 gingernut biscuits = 1.5 points. these work out the same as WW biscuits and a fraction of the price.

Had brilliant spaghetti bolognese last night for very low points using vegetarian mince, really couldnt taste a difference (1.5pts for 50g)! Made the tomato sauce myself (0) and added mushrooms (0).

Great tip to bulk out the spaghetti, cut courgette into long thin strips (i use a veg peeler) and throw it in with pasta for last 2 minutes cooking. Really makes portion seem bigger, doesnt really taste of anyhting and is 0 points!

Lol Pembily. Why, you sound practically perfect?! Ok I'll stock my bag up with a few bits for tomorrow. We finish at 1.15 and I am going to they gym after college, so I only have morning break, and I'm planning to have a brown bread sandwhich,yogurt and an apple. I'll have a banana on the way to the gym and maybe some other fruit for after the gym on the way home.

Mollymoo, that sounds lovely! Any chance you could send me the recipe please?
    :)

Read my dairy from Wednesday and see how non perfect I am - had a lil rant after eating 100g BAG OF CADBURY MINI EGGS - :eek::eek::eek:

Its after years of trial and error - I find one slip up and its easy to give in, especially when you are just starting!!!!

Happy to report I am down 1lb since my last weigh in on 18 Dec - happy days :):)

To all newbies - welcome and keep it up!!! Don't get too daunted by the amount you have to loose - make mini goals Valentines Day is 4 weeks away - that is between 4lb and 8lb (first silver seven), Easter is 11 weeks away - that is between 11lb (nearly a stone) or 22lb (nearly 1.5 stone)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Foundry keeping it off is as hard as loosing it until you relearn - I often dieted and then would stop and would eat all around me cos I had lost some of the weight and deserved it, I have now realised that I can't eat 100g BAG OF CADBURY MINI EGGS in one sitting and expect to stay slim... ALL the guys in college can but I can't :( I can have my treats but not all the time!!!

• Advertisement

Well done on the loss pembilly!

Thanks for the honest advice, its a life long change, I just have to get my head round that fact... it's only day 2 so I may relax the cax!!!
    Just go with it til' valentines, have a christening that weekend too :)

Just after weighing out my cereal of 40g(late breakfast!) and nearly had a heart attack.. The size of it! OMG. I could have easily had quadruple that last week. I chopped up a banana with it, not quite satisfied but I will get thru' to lunch!

Is it true that my stomach will get smaller when I eat less therefore I will get fuller on less soon?

Well done on the loss pembilly!

Thanks for the honest advice, its a life long change, I just have to get my head round that fact... it's only day 2 so I may relax the cax!!!

Just after weighing out my cereal of 40g(late breakfast!) and nearly had a heart attack.. The size of it! OMG. I could have easily had quadruple that last week. I chopped up a banana with it, not quite satisfied but I will get thru' to lunch!

Is it true that my stomach will get smaller when I eat less therefore I will get fuller on less soon?

lol i know the cereal is shocking isn't it. if u have it with semi skimmed milk it is less points vs low fat. I find i am not eating fruit as much now i know it is good for me but i keep trying to store my points to get a decent meal.

Have ye been to Tesco they doing some deals on the WW meals. 1.25 for some of them.

foundry that probably is true. the less u eat the smaller your stomach becomes. here's hoping anyway :)

how many points are ye allowed a day and do u find yourselves eating more/less than your allowance.

Yeah the cereal is a bit of a shocker - that is why alot of people eat porridge as it great value points wise!!! If you prefer ready brek you can just blend up porridge and add some sweetener :):) More like creamed rice than porridge :)

I defo find my appetite has decreased, used to always finish 3 potatoes, now barely finish one, the more you eat, the more you want, and the opposite is true - the less you eat, the less you want!!!
    irishneady wrote: »
    lol i know the cereal is shocking isn't it. if u have it with semi skimmed milk it is less points vs low fat. I find i am not eating fruit as much now i know it is good for me but i keep trying to store my points to get a decent meal.

Have ye been to Tesco they doing some deals on the WW meals. 1.25 for some of them.

foundry that probably is true. the less u eat the smaller your stomach becomes. here's hoping anyway :)

how many points are ye allowed a day and do u find yourselves eating more/less than your allowance.

I don't point anymore - I kinda do the no count (sorry not sure of what its called now) but when I started I found I really had enough points, kinda wanted more but after 2 weeks that goes, your body gets used to it, its not your hungry its what its used to :(

Best of luck!

I find I am not using up all my points. sometimes i look at what i have left and think I am eating for the sake of using the points up. and i like to save some for weekend so i can enjoy myself and have a few drinks without the guilt.

I find I am not using up all my points. sometimes i look at what i have left and think I am eating for the sake of using the points up. and i like to save some for weekend so i can enjoy myself and have a few drinks without the guilt.

Remember save no more than 4 pts a day, you can't go under 16 pts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mclougl3

http://www.rosemaryconley.com/content/recipe-of-the-week/mushroom-and-sweet-potato-soup.htm

Hi guys found this website when i read about Rosemary Conley.

Might be helpful.

I'm only on day 2, honestly feel like its week 2, I'm a bit too much into it me thinks, carryin my green folder everywhere!

As it's my first week I'm on 16 pts and 2 for diary bringing it to 18. Next wk I'm allowed 22 (bring it on!!!!!)

Finding this wk hard as its sooooo strict but the plan is it'll give me the kick start I need.

Goin smimmin now! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 har76

hi all
    good to hear all doing well.started my weight loss on the the 4 jan not got to go to meeting yet as am very busy in the eveings.started the diet after x mas but weighed my self for the first time on the 4 jan was 15'6. last monday down to 14'13 not that bad, i know first week you loose a lot lets see how i go this week.only eating 1500 cals a day or 20 ww points it was hard at first but geting the hang of it now.starting in gym on monday.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

har76 wrote: »
    hi all
    good to hear all doing well.started my weight loss on the the 4 jan not got to go to meeting yet as am very busy in the eveings.started the diet after x mas but weighed my self for the first time on the 4 jan was 15'6. last monday down to 14'13 not that bad, i know first week you loose a lot lets see how i go this week.only eating 1500 cals a day or 20 ww points it was hard at first but geting the hang of it now.starting in gym on monday.;)
    hi there har76. your doing really well. keep it in mind that when you start going to the gym you,l be building up muscle. dont panic if you put up a pound. muscle weighs more than fat. keep up good work and you have done good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

I'm only on day 2, honestly feel like its week 2, I'm a bit too much into it me thinks, carryin my green folder everywhere!

As it's my first week I'm on 16 pts and 2 for diary bringing it to 18. Next wk I'm allowed 22 (bring it on!!!!!)

Finding this wk hard as its sooooo strict but the plan is it'll give me the kick start I need.

hi there foundry no your not to much into it .if carrying your folder works for you its ok. have snacks ready for yourself just incase you pig out so you wont do any damage..you are so luckey you can go swimming if i did there be a tidel wave.:D

• Advertisement

what do u mean and 2 for diary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I think they meant dairy? Or maybe not! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hi all
    i think you could be on more than 20 points,its ok for 1st week but not longer,if you do goto ww theres a quizz u take in 1st or 2nd book that u get ,it takes into account ur height,sex,how active u are,age,etc,i can eat 24/26 points and still loose weight,im 13.13 at mo,good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

4 got 2 say i was down 1/2 lb on thurs and wasn`t good at all,started afresh 2day and went walkin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Daily points allowance formula

Male (9)
    Female (3)

AGE;
    16-21 (5)
    21-35 (4)
    36-50 (3)
    51-65 (2)
    Over 65 (1)

Stones you weigh. Ignore the lb just count the stone. I am 13st 5lb so I give myself 13.

Height
    Under 5ft 4in (1)
    5ft 4in or above (2)

Day to day activity
    Sitting down mostly (0)
    Occasionally sitting, mainly standing (2)
    Walking most of the time (4)
    Doing physically hard work most of the time (6)

(Be very careful and honest here, I give myself 0 and if I work out in the gym I would add that into my day as activity points but rarely use them.)

Add up all of these for your total.

E.g I am female (3). 21 (4) Weigh 13st 5lb (13) I am just under 5ft 4in (1)
    So, 3+4+13+1= 21

My points for the day are 21

You will need to reassess this after you fall into another age bracket or drop into the next stone etc...

I posted this in here before. Har76
    Am a stone lighter now though so I am allowed 20points now ;)

I think they meant dairy? Or maybe not! :O

ah that makes sense :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 har76

thanks for the points info worked out that i am to eat 29 points,that seems a lot it would be over 2000 cals a day.:eek: i would get it hard to shift the weight at that. what i eat now is. all bran in morning and ww meal for lunch, chicken breast with veg for dinner or fish and stemed veg no sauces.i have one take out meal on a saturday night with half bottle of white wine,then back to diet on sundays.some people are saying i am not eating enough cals but i can manage on what i am eating and it is 3 meals a day.all the food is weighted to the right portion size as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

thanks for the points info worked out that i am to eat 29 points,that seems a lot it would be over 2000 cals a day.:eek: i would get it hard to shift the weight at that. what i eat now is. all bran in morning and ww meal for lunch, chicken breast with veg for dinner or fish and stemed veg no sauces.i have one take out meal on a saturday night with half bottle of white wine,then back to diet on sundays.some people are saying i am not eating enough cals but i can manage on what i am eating and it is 3 meals a day.all the food is weighted to the right portion size as well.

Honestly if you are allowed eat 29points do!! I was on 27points when I started and I am down nearly 5stone now. It works!! Don't deprive yourself. That is very little to eat. It wont help you in the long run.

With WW you are only supposed to save a max of 4points a day! So the minimum you should be eating is 25points and thats only if you are going to use them another day.

You will find it difficult because as you lose weight you will need to lower your calories/points and if you are on so little now you won't be able to do that and will hit a plateau.

I am 12st 6lb now and on the same points as you are.

3meals? What about snacks? Are you not hungry?

I'm in no position to tell you that what your doing is wrong, but what I do know is that eating that way will not mean long term weight loss. Thats the beauty of weight watchers, your not supposed to deprive yourself and eat tiny portions, you can learn how to work with food for the long run and manage your weight. I know the temptation is there to eat very little as that will show results quickly, but that weight never stays off long! Trust me, i learnt the hard way....couple years ago, I ate very strict, small portions for 6 months and lost 3 stone, now back at weight watchers with all the weight back on plus more.

Jwacqui knows whats she is talking about with loss like that, maybe you should have a chat with your leader? GOOD LUCK ;)

p.s. I am soooo jealous, I only have 20 points, would love extra few to play around with!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Hi Everybody

My WI was las thursday and I was down 1.5lbs can not believe it cos I wasnt very good to be honest with you.

So this week Im taking it a blessing and going out walking and keep a close eye on all i am eating so fingers crossed it will continue goin in that direction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement