Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Well done JoJoc!

Well I got my wii fit plus!!! Delighted with it! Did hour yesterday on it (cos of the novelty!) and 45 minutes today! Some of the muscles exercises and yoga are really challenging which is great. I'm still going to be gymming it though as I need to as I push on to goal! Waiting for local gym to get an offer in and if that doesn't happen soon I'll just pay the full whack :)

I feel my weight loss is somewhat stagnant at the moment so I want to give it a real push this week! I'd love 3 to get me to 60 pounds gone but that is just not gonna happen!!! :P Ha! I'll take half that very gladly please! :)

Really don't know what to do for dinner tonight as parents are away and am fending for myself ;) Any nice ideas for me!?:D x

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Well done JoJoc!

Well I got my wii fit plus!!! Delighted with it! Did hour yesterday on it (cos of the novelty!) and 45 minutes today! Some of the muscles exercises and yoga are really challenging which is great. I'm still going to be gymming it though as I need to as I push on to goal! Waiting for local gym to get an offer in and if that doesn't happen soon I'll just pay the full whack :)

I feel my weight loss is somewhat stagnant at the moment so I want to give it a real push this week! I'd love 3 to get me to 60 pounds gone but that is just not gonna happen!!! :P Ha! I'll take half that very gladly please! :)

Really don't know what to do for dinner tonight as parents are away and am fending for myself ;) Any nice ideas for me!?:D x
    glad your enjoying the wii fit - the more difficult levels unlock the more u progress. I love the yoga and muslce work outs and the aerobics ones are good for burning the fat they say!

have buttnernut squash roasted and a burger . Most normal size burgers are 2.5. So you could have it in a burger bun with onion,, laughing coe extra light/mayo/ketchup or whatever and it'll still work out below 5 points

Do you know a burger sounds just yum! I may run down to my local shop now for some! :) MMmmmm With onion and low low cheese!

Thank you!

Yeah I love doing the yoga ones! I did yoga last year or so when I was weighing in at probably 16 stone and sure I couldn't do the half of them despite having been very limber when I was younger! Really annoyed me! On the Wii fit today I could do all of them including the shoulder stand which was impossible when I was heavy! It made me so happy to think I've come that far! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 harvardgal

Hey am new to the thread but not to WW. I started 3 years ago today. At 5' 1 I weighed in at 10 stone 8.5lbs. After about 9 months I'd lost 2 stone 9.5lbs and was at 7st 13lbs. I loved it! But I'll admit it now, I actually looked awful. I looked Anorexic. Anyway, I went on the pill about 6 months later and bammm out of nowhere I'd half a stone back on and it was rising. It took me a while to admit it, as for 6 glorious months I'd been able to eat what I liked without having to count points or worry about putting on weight, as I just stayed at a steady 7 13. It was only when I decided to brave the scales at WW that I realised I was back up at 8 10 almost. Which wasn't a disaster really but to me it was, I felt like a failure for having let weight creep back on. Since then, almost a year now I have been yo yo'ing up a few pounds down a few and back up again. I have a week where I am very strict and loose, but if i break out a little from the 16 points I put up weight. I am going to try my best this year to break the yo yo cycle as its really starting to control my life. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on what I could do?? I'm 8 9 at the minute and would like to just get to and maintain 8 4 as anything less would not look good! Its the maintaining i'm having the big problem with. Sorry if I have rambled and this doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Firstly I have just read over my food diary (have to copy it for accupcunturest) and OHMYGOD:eek: all the support I have gotten from all of ye, all the kind words mean so much, reading over them, I don't think I would have stuck with the final furlong this long if it wasn't for the lot of ye!!!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of ye :)

harvardgal wrote: »
    Hey am new to the thread but not to WW. I started 3 years ago today. At 5' 1 I weighed in at 10 stone 8.5lbs. After about 9 months I'd lost 2 stone 9.5lbs and was at 7st 13lbs. I loved it! But I'll admit it now, I actually looked awful. I looked Anorexic. Anyway, I went on the pill about 6 months later and bammm out of nowhere I'd half a stone back on and it was rising. It took me a while to admit it, as for 6 glorious months I'd been able to eat what I liked without having to count points or worry about putting on weight, as I just stayed at a steady 7 13. It was only when I decided to brave the scales at WW that I realised I was back up at 8 10 almost. Which wasn't a disaster really but to me it was, I felt like a failure for having let weight creep back on. Since then, almost a year now I have been yo yo'ing up a few pounds down a few and back up again. I have a week where I am very strict and loose, but if i break out a little from the 16 points I put up weight. I am going to try my best this year to break the yo yo cycle as its really starting to control my life. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on what I could do?? I'm 8 9 at the minute and would like to just get to and maintain 8 4 as anything less would not look good! Its the maintaining i'm having the big problem with. Sorry if I have rambled and this doesn't make sense.

Ah yes yo-yo dieting - welcome!!! I was the same its horrible!!!

You have to rethink your whole life - you can't think of this as a diet cos a diet leads to deprevation and also a diet has a end - weight loss / maintaining does not end!!! Its a live choice, :mad: but when you get there and keep it maintained you will be glad - read some of the diarys - you will see I have treats some days, but mostly I am good (the last week is not a good choice to read :o) but writing it down defo helps, it keeps you on track and shows you were you are going wrong!!! Figure where your pitfalls are, mine are picking and snacking- I will happily nibble on a jelly baby or a grape - no difference to me, I will take a bar of chocolate or an apple - its about choice!! Sometimes I have to have the chocolate but normally I go for the fruit!!!!

Best of luck and there is alot of good support and advice here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Molly Moo

Lol Pembily. Why, you sound practically perfect?! Ok I'll stock my bag up with a few bits for tomorrow. We finish at 1.15 and I am going to they gym after college, so I only have morning break, and I'm planning to have a brown bread sandwhich,yogurt and an apple. I'll have a banana on the way to the gym and maybe some other fruit for after the gym on the way home.

Mollymoo, that sounds lovely! Any chance you could send me the recipe please?
    :)[/quOTE)

Sorry haven't been online to answer thread just mix tandoori powder and natural yogurt and lime juice put on chicken and bake in oven serve with salad lovely.

Irishneady recipe booklet is a pullout section in rosemary connolly magazine great recipes that you can point

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 penpusher

yes totally, it's re-training brain to know when stomach is full. That's what i like about weight watchers - it gives you time to really start listening to your body.
    And a little of what you fancy is fine, but you have to make it up somewhere else - the choices.
    I'm finding the posts here very motivational too, thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hello again everyone.

So depite feeling quite down and unmotivated last week, I am still going at it. I got a little notepad that fits in my purse and I am using that to track now. It's a little thing but it's helping me anyway.

I went shopping for clothes yesterday for the first time since I started WW 4 months ago. The last time I was shopping I was a size 14 in tops, which is what prompted me to lose weight. Yesterday I bought two tshirts in a size 10, and tried on a dress that was too big so I had to get it in an 8!!! I'm not sure I even like it that much, I just like the size on the label :D

It has prompted me to continue on, especially with exercise. I'm not going to let the scales rule me either. I figure that with exercise I'll start putting on weight from muscle but, once I have reached a certain level of "tone" I'll start losing weight again. I dunno if that makes sense, but it does in my head, and I'll just work towards that!

Edit: I also meant to say that weighing food has made such a difference. This might sound so obvious but I found myself guesstimating everything and was so off. For instance, every morning I was having 30g of Rice Krispies at 1.5 points. When I started weighing them I discovered I was only eating 10g so I was able to have three times as much! This has a knock on effect as I now I am less hungry at lunch so I have a smaller lunch! I also eat later so I eat a later dinner so am less hungry in the evening an less likely to snack. I know it's so obvious but I said I'd share with all of you!

Hope everyone is getting along well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hello again everyone.

I went shopping for clothes yesterday for the first time since I started WW 4 months ago. The last time I was shopping I was a size 14 in tops, which is what prompted me to lose weight. Yesterday I bought two tshirts in a size 10, and tried on a dress that was too big so I had to get it in an 8!!! I'm not sure I even like it that much, I just like the size on the label :D!
    That is fantastic, well done!!!
    Went to killarney today and had my dinner, and was bold! Feel really guilty now, but am just going to try forget it and get back on track.
    I went to m & s today and stocked up on a few count on us meals, so thanks for the heads up on the points on them, so much easier..

Lads and lassies, not feeling the best at all :(

I feel like I am getting nowhere. I'm dancing around the 12 stone mark trying to break properly into the 11's for the past month. This is the worst stump I've had in my weight loss.
    It's really getting me down. I'm not going to give up but I just don't know what to do to get my weight loss going again.

If I see 12 on the scales again I'm going to cry! :(

I'm cutting down on the crap and exercising but getting nowhere...

I just don't know what else I can do...

• Advertisement

I feel like I am getting nowhere. I'm dancing around the 12 stone mark trying to break properly into the 11's for the past month. This is the worst stump I've had in my weight loss.
    It's really getting me down. I'm not going to give up but I just don't know what to do to get my weight loss going again.

Ah DWG, chica, you poor thing, I was the same until I did my food diary and finally cracked the 10st!!! All I can say is really watch what you eat this week and see how that works for you, try maybe low carb for a while?!? Its really frustrating when you plateau, but just remember how far you have come!!!! You have done so well, just keep with it and you will see 11 soon!!xxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

glad 2 say im good since fri,sat and 2day,hopefully it`ll stay that way and i`ll have a good result on thurs wi. got some wafers,like pink and whites,but their ww,their 1 point each but have caramel in middle,their georgous,hit the spot.2.49 a pack.welcome to newbees and welcome back to some oldies!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

are you eating the same thing every day, if so go to the first week of your folder book, do that week thats all pland out for you. you will see 11s the next week. good for you to stick to ww.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 penpusher

btw - I have read that exercise increases the rate at which your body burns fat, long after you have actually completed the exercise, since muscle requires more energy than fat...

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

I am in exactly the same boat as you. its soooo frustrating ive been up and down 2lbs for the last 8 weeks now and its driving me insane, especially since im almost at goal too:mad::mad: i think that this is the only reason ive stuck with it im so close now im not giving up until i get it:eek: stick with it and you will get there;). im going back to aquafit this week and ill hopefully get back out walking too. ive heard a few stories like this at my meeting and the girls always say a loss just comes out of the blue one week and everything sorts itself back out so im hopoing the same goes for me!
    blond45 wrote: »
    are you eating the same thing every day, if so go to the first week of your folder book, do that week thats all pland out for you. you will see 11s the next week. good for you to stick to ww.

thanks for that im gonna try that for the next week after tomorrows WI:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Just a quick note to say I have such a craving for chocolate and caramel. Must be strong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

ergonomics wrote: »
    Just a quick note to say I have such a craving for chocolate and caramel. Must be strong though!

Curly Wurly!!......if you want that is. It works even better if you share it...less points.

Nic'name wrote: »
    Curly Wurly!!......if you want that is. It works even better if you share it...less points.
    How many points are in them? And because its cream egg time, anyone want to scare me with how many are in them??:(
    Am going to my boxercise class tonight, am going to be dead after about 10 minutes havent gone in weeks. Wish me luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SnowAngel29

Hey!!
    I'm new to boards.ie and just got back on the WW wagon!! Have one week done and lost 3lbs. I started last jan and lost a stone and a half- was dlighted with myself so i started eating junk again and gained a stone back!! So- new year- new me!!
    I'm doing it on my own from home as I'm a poor student and can't afford to go to classes!! Anyone else doing it on their own??
    I've been good so far today- I'm flat out making no-points soup for myself, But desperately craving chocolate! Anyone have any Low-point value chocolates??
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Anyone have any Low-point value chocolates??
    You could take low cal hot chocolate drinks to curb the chocolate craving. Also try high % cocoa chocolate, it is hard to eat lots of it.

Many people eat "low weight/portion" foods, you will hear people say the likes of pringles are high in points, but really it is since they are so compact, they might have the same points per 100g as most other crisps, but the fit a lot of weight in a pack. So people consider aero, wispa, malteasers to be "low in points", but really they are just lightweight bars. But it can help people as it looks more substantial.

• Advertisement

Hey!!
    I'm new to boards.ie and just got back on the WW wagon!! Have one week done and lost 3lbs. I started last jan and lost a stone and a half- was dlighted with myself so i started eating junk again and gained a stone back!! So- new year- new me!!
    I'm doing it on my own from home as I'm a poor student and can't afford to go to classes!! Anyone else doing it on their own??
    I've been good so far today- I'm flat out making no-points soup for myself, But desperately craving chocolate! Anyone have any Low-point value chocolates??
    Thanks!
    Hi snow angel, well done so far!!
    At the moment in tescos they have all ww food reduced. They do some lovely frozen desserts, think its 1.25 for two. They have yummy choc brownie ones, really curbs my choc craving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SnowAngel29

Cadyboo wrote: »
    They have yummy choc brownie ones, really curbs my choc craving.

Hi!! Thanks!! Was quite chuffed with -3 as I pigged out on Thursday night before my exam!!! eeeek!!

I like the sound of the chocolate brownies- yummy!!! How many points would be in maltesers?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 E26

Hey!!
    Thanks!

Hi SnowAngel29- I get the exact same cravings too!! I just love chocolate..someone on this thread(sorry cant remember who) suggested ww hot chocolate drinks! I didnt know they exist but they do. They are sold in individual packets 35c each i think- i got mine in Dunnes. You can get just pain chocolate/ chocolate and carmel. The chocolate ones are delicious, i didnt like the other one but thats just me!! You add hot water to packet and thats it- 1pt! I added a tiny bit of slimline milk as it was way too hot, but definitely have to say it helped me out with my 4 O'Clock slumps!!! they are yum yum..:)

The Options Hot chocolate drinks are only 0.5! They are yummy too but u make them with hot water not boiling or else u will burn your mouth. Boil kettle and let cool for few mins :) Lovely sweet treat. Curly Wurly is 2.5 :) Can't remember what Maltesers are, its been so long since I had them :( If u don't have points finder then let us know the calories and sat fat and can work it out for u :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

Cadyboo wrote: »
    How many points are in them? And because its cream egg time, anyone want to scare me with how many are in them??:(
    Am going to my boxercise class tonight, am going to be dead after about 10 minutes havent gone in weeks. Wish me luck!!

Curly wurly is only 2.5

Creme eggs are 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarah 93

Had 1st weigh in this morning and am down 3 pounds:D Really Happy!!!!!!!!!! Heres to next week:)

Sarah 93 wrote: »
    Had 1st weigh in this morning and am down 3 pounds:D Really Happy!!!!!!!!!! Heres to next week:)

Congrats :D:D:D Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks all for the support for my previous message! Still feeling down to be honest but I think it's a combination of lots of things and the weight loss issues are just fuel on the fire.

Still up on scales at the moment, and I know I need to just get off them and let it be. Still feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Trying my best today. Had a breakfast ( very unlike me!) and ate a good lunch and a good dinner. Have ideas for fairly ok treats to have this eve (homemade WW scones! :D) which is better than heading for the chocolate.

I'm keeping up the wii fit daily and putting in a good half hour at least on it. I just hope by Thursday my efforts have paid off. Going to dry and drown myself drinking water today aswell ;)

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

well done sarah on this weeks weight loss

I made a lovely dinner night.... I made 'oven chips' using butternut squash. They were lovely, not quite chippy chips but they were a plate full of something like chips for next to zero points...! Highly recommended.

Also as per the previous posts, I agree Curly Wurlys are great for a chocolate craving and worth the 2.5 points...

Now onto the WII fit for 30 mins...!!

Hopefully a good day to make up for some not so good days over the weekend :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone this week

• Advertisement

I used to love Butternut squash chips but now I can't stomach them at all!! Why is that its only healthy foods we get sick off and not greasy chips or chocolate :)!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement