Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Lol, I know... We always crave the bad stuff....!!

I guess that is why we have to keep coming with new things to try and keep the diet interesting, or at least to try and keep us interested in it....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 harvardgal

I know I defo need some new ideas? I am not creative at all. Anyone any handy lunch tips, i'm so bored with WW bread and Ham.

WI tmrw, better be down.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

good luck with the WI...

For lunch I have tried some of the following
    ryvita and tuna with a bit of salad. The little tins of tuna are only 1 point
    baked potato with beans, or salad
    rice with meat/veg (leftovers from dinner).
    Couscous and veg is good
    soup
    Wraps with ham/salad
    chilli made from meat and also from chickpeas/beans

obviously for some of the above you need a microwave

Its good to get a break from the sandwiches as they do get boring

Thanks lly, Have access to Microwave so will give few of those a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Hey!!
    I'm new to boards.ie and just got back on the WW wagon!! Have one week done and lost 3lbs. I started last jan and lost a stone and a half- was dlighted with myself so i started eating junk again and gained a stone back!! So- new year- new me!!
    I'm doing it on my own from home as I'm a poor student and can't afford to go to classes!! Anyone else doing it on their own??
    I've been good so far today- I'm flat out making no-points soup for myself, But desperately craving chocolate! Anyone have any Low-point value chocolates??
    Thanks!

yes I am doing it from home and am doing ok so far. Only two weeks in today though. the chocolate brownie deserts are delicious but are 3 points. mini aeros from multi packs are only 1 (very small portion).

harvardgal wrote: »
    I know I defo need some new ideas? I am not creative at all. Anyone any handy lunch tips, i'm so bored with WW bread and Ham.

WI tmrw, better be down.:p

Do u have access to a grill of any kind. Turket rashers are great to add to a salad or sandwich. You can have 3 Ballyfree turkey rashers for 1 point. Crumpets are only 1 point and yummy heated up in microwave. Scrambled egg on toast. WW spagthetti/beans on toast. I keep trying to have hot lunches as weather is so miserable.

I was meant to buy rhubarb earlier. going to try make a rhubabry desert. Stew it and then have it with a low fat yoghurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Nic'name wrote: »
    Curly wurly is only 2.5

Creme eggs are 3.5
    Thanks very much, just had a curly wurly and it was kinda melting and was delicious!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SnowAngel29

Disgusted with myself today- had an awful day yesterday.. :( Here's to being extra good for the rest of the week! :P

Oh hot chocolate sounds like a good plan!! :) I have the points calculator- just don't want to buy the sweets because if there's chocolate in the house I'll have to eat it!!! :(
    Delighted to hear bout the mini aeros!! :) They'll be nice for a treat!! Thanks folks!! :)

Well done on your -3lbs Sarah93!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Had my weigh in last night after completing week 1 of diet, down 5lbs!!! Cant believe it, over the moon. Knew I had been 100% good but you never know what games your body will play with you as I had flu and my monthly visitor last week.

Best thing about it is feeling back in control of what I eat, as I felt like I was completely out of control before.

Delighted! :) Bring on week 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SnowAngel29

Well Done!! Wow...-5, Impressive!! :) Go you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Board Newbe

Going to join tonight not looking forward ,to getting weight, i have an idea what i am but i still think i am in for a shock :confused: anyway will find out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

hey all, well done on the weight loss. Millieboo, 5lbs?? Wow! I've been pretty off track over the weekend but getting back into the stride of it now.

I found a really nice recipe for chili con carne made with Quorn on someones food diary, copied it all out and forgot to bring it to work with me! I wont have a chance to get home before I go shopping so if any one can remember the ingrediants, I'd love to get them again. Was really looking forward to having it for dinner. Head like a sieve :rolleyes: Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Here's the recepie I use for making chilli con carne with Quorn, don't know if it's the one you are looking for but it works for me:

Bag of Quorn Mince
    2 Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
    Half a tin of tomato puree
    3 Peppers
    Mushrooms
    1 Large Onion
    1 Courgette
    Garlic
    Couple of Chillis
    Splash of tobasco
    Some cayenne pepper
    Tin of Kidney Beans

I just fry off the onion and garlic and chillis, add in the chopped mushrooms peppers, courgette and fry for another few mins, stick in the two tins of tomatoes, puree and the quorn. Allow to simmer for 15/20mins or so. Then add in the kidney beans, cayenne and tobasco, simmer for another 5/8mins et voilá!

Not exactly haute cuisine but does the job for me, and freezes like a dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

Here's the recepie I use for making chilli con carne with Quorn, don't know if it's the one you are looking for but it works for me:

Bag of Quorn Mince
    2 Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
    Half a tin of tomato puree
    3 Peppers
    Mushrooms
    1 Large Onion
    1 Courgette
    Garlic
    Couple of Chillis
    Splash of tobasco
    Some cayenne pepper
    Tin of Kidney Beans

I just fry off the onion and garlic and chillis, add in the chopped mushrooms peppers, courgette and fry for another few mins, stick in the two tins of tomatoes, puree and the quorn. Allow to simmer for 15/20mins or so. Then add in the kidney beans, cayenne and tobasco, simmer for another 5/8mins et voilá!

Not exactly haute cuisine but does the job for me, and freezes like a dream!

Oh you are a star!! Thats the one I was looking at, or if not its pretty darn close! I can have the dinner I've been looking forward to now, thanks :)

Points wise, its very low as well isn't it? I'm trying to make up for my sinful wknd.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ryaner77

Hi All !

And first of all congratulations to everyone here on all the success they've been having.

This is my first attempt at ww and it's going really well.

I joined on the 4th of january and now i'm into my third week. first week on the kick start plan i dropped 7 lbs,

This week i was a bit more relaxed but still managed to drop another 4 pounds,

I'm off to galway this weekend for a break and will find it tough cause there will be alot of time spent in the pub and then when i'm not there we'll prob be in the restaurant.

anyone got any tips for a weekend away ? would love to get my first stone next week !

thanks

Dave

girltatu wrote: »

Points wise, its very low as well isn't it? I'm trying to make up for my sinful wknd.... :eek:

Aye, I actually pointed it up accurately the last time I made it and it's crazy low - the whole bag of quorn is 3.5 pts and the tin of Kidney Beans is 3.5/4pts depending on the brand!

Like for the amount you'll get out of that, it's loads!

If you're in a decent supermarket, there's also actually a Weight Watchers jar of chilli con carne sauce, which is quite nice. En general, I'm not really a fan of jarred sauces, some of the WW ones are dodgy, but I find that one alright - adds a bit more flavour!

It really is one of those dishes where you can't go too wrong so experiment away!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Thanks very much, just had a curly wurly and it was kinda melting and was delicious!!!

Yum, I'm actually contemplating attempting a sort of melted curly wurly dessert...when inspiration dawns on how to make it low points I'll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope your all having a good week so far!

Had my WI this morning was down .5lb was a bit disappointed tbh as i really tried this week and was hoping for more than that but i suppose its .5lb in the right direction:o.

my leader reckons ive hit a plateau and suggested i try using a half a point less this week which i will try but im only on 20 points a day as it is and at the moment i just cant see myself eating any less than i already am:eek::eek: really feel stuck in a massive rut the last few weeks:(

Anyway ill try pull my sorry a$$ out of it this week back to aquafit tomorrow which im looking forward to been putting in bout and hour on the WII fit too so with a bit of luck ill get a result next week:rolleyes:

well done to all on the losses this week your all doing FAB!!
    best of luck with all the WI's:)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Hi all

Am down a total of 5lbs after two weeks and I had a bad day before WI as went out for dinner and was out the night before. Here's hoping it continues to go in the right direction.
    Millieboo wrote: »
    Had my weigh in last night after completing week 1 of diet, down 5lbs!!! Cant believe it, over the moon. Knew I had been 100% good but you never know what games your body will play with you as I had flu and my monthly visitor last week.

Best thing about it is feeling back in control of what I eat, as I felt like I was completely out of control before.

wow well done that is a great loss
    ryaner77 wrote: »
    Hi All !

And first of all congratulations to everyone here on all the success they've been having.

This is my first attempt at ww and it's going really well.

I joined on the 4th of january and now i'm into my third week. first week on the kick start plan i dropped 7 lbs,

This week i was a bit more relaxed but still managed to drop another 4 pounds,

I'm off to galway this weekend for a break and will find it tough cause there will be alot of time spent in the pub and then when i'm not there we'll prob be in the restaurant.

anyone got any tips for a weekend away ? would love to get my first stone next week !

thanks

Dave

Dave - you will manage. Allow yourself some indulgence if it is meant to be a "break". No point torturing yourself. You could always get the light beer/cider for drinks? Soups and salads in restaurants. Or allow yourself a decent meal and walk up some extra points while looking around the city.

I'm weight watching at home and am having great confusion with scales....my mam's scale says I'm one weight mine says I'm another but both scales are telling me I'm down 8lbs in 2 weeks!!! Yipee....I have a more accurate way of calculating my loss too, I'm measuring myself...Here's what I lost in 2 weeks.

Arms - 3cm /1.2inches
    Bum - 2cm /0.8inches
    Thighs - 3cm /1.2inches
    Hips - 2cm /0.8inches
    Waist - 4cm /1.6inches

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

Trying to decide whether to join back to WW, haven't been in awhile, was looking here for some inspiration but a good few of the posts show people getting sick of it after a couple of weeks. is that the case for everyone??

blk-weight.png

• Advertisement

Leo25 wrote: »
    Trying to decide whether to join back to WW, haven't been in awhile, was looking here for some inspiration but a good few of the posts show people getting sick of it after a couple of weeks. is that the case for everyone??

Of course you'll get sick of it at some point. That's when you come on sites like this for inspiration, support and success stories. Even if you don't want to join, weigh or measure yourself, start a food diary and use this forum as your weight watchers meeting.

blk-weight.png

Absolutely everyone is different! Like there are people doing weight watchers now, who have maybe done it before and had no success and are doing it now and are reporting great losses - it's all in your mental attitude towards it.

When I started WW, I KNEW I was going to lose weight, not being cocky or big-headed, but I had myself convinced before I joined that this was it, that I was going to put my very best effort into doing it and it's worked. I've lost just under 6 stone since I started (nearly 2yrs ago).

So realistically it's down to yourself. Of course there are going to be times when you're sick of watching what you eat and you just want to order a dominos, but it's about changing your attitude towards how and why you eat, and I find WW really helpful for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

blk-weight.png

as ya-what-now? has already said everyone is different so your weight loss depends totally on how you approach it. ive been doing it since april last year and after that long i am still sticking with it. i am having a tough time at the moment as im so close to goal and have hit a plateau but its times like this that you have to stick it out and put that little bit of extra effort into it. you will see the results in the long run but you have to stick it out not only on the good days but the bad days that inevitably come along too.

for me weight watchers is the only thing that has ever worked. i have had a few attempts with success but never actually got to goal. i left when the going got tough as they say. this time round my mind set has totally changed and this time im getting to goal for good. its not a quick fix its about learning to eat well and keep the weight off long term.

if you do decide to join best of luck with it and make sure you stop by here for some inspiration and advice theres plenty to go round!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 penpusher

blk-weight.png
    yeah i think people generally get sick of any restrictive diet after a couple of weeks, its not particular to ww. I will say that I think ww is the only one that will have sustainable results if you stick to it - it really educates you to eventually live within your daily calorie requirements. Am 2 weeks in and have 5lbs lost, which is a healthy rate.
    The secret for me is to come to the boards instead, when I want to graze:)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

well done millieboo. im the same as you. started last week got weighed this morning 4 and half down, yahoo, i ate all my points, which i didnt do before. i made no point soup and put in a cube stock to give it more buzz, half blend it and it was bloody lovely. im having my dinner during day , light meal at 5sh. keeping my treats for when watching tv. im not a fan of pink and whites they are to sweet for me.

Hey Dave,

Well done, your doing great so far. Best thing to do for the weekend is save points all week for the weekend, and earn some by doing exercise. So cut down on ur points for the rest of the week, and maybe try to do some extra exercise. Then when away for weekend, just keep the scales in mind, try to choose wisely in the restauraunt, skip any bread, drink water to help keep u full so you don't eat too much. Choose chicken or fish in tomato sauces instead of anything creamy. Meat veg and potatoes are easier to keep an handle on your points than other dishes. Skip dessert. And in the pub, have your daily allowance for drink worked out and pace yourself so you stick to it. When I was loosing, I found I was much more in control of alcohol too as I only allowed myself drink what I had earned. Pity I can't do it anymore!! You can still have a great weekend and have a weight lose next week. its all about how much you want it :)

Off to WI now, better be down, have a feeling I aint though. Good Luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gangie

Wow! Well done! I had my first wi today and lost nothing! Am so gutted, I was really good, under points every day and I tracked everything. Have done ww before so I know it will work but am really annoyed to have stayed the same on my very first week back. Cant understrand it1 Was hoping to loose 2 but was secretley hoping for 4. Oh well i lkeep going and fingers x'd next wi should be better :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'm getting weighed tomorrow and, after putting on 3lbs on last week, I have never been so unmotivated. It's terrible.

Last night, before I even had dinner, I was over on points and it just opened a floodgates. I ended up pigging out on sweets and I'd say I easily ended up 20 points over; that's how much I normall have for a full day! Before I pigged out I sat down and dished out my points for the next day (today) so that I'd have points left for snacks in the evening. I counted wrong though and ended up over again after dinner. I wanted to scream because I was still starving.

I've been working out a lot lately and firstly, I never count the activity points I've earned, but I also never factored in my increased metabolism which is probably why I'm so hungry. I'm also weighing everything I eat so I know exactly how many points I'm eating, where as before I had been eating WAY too much.

So basically, what I'm trying to say, is I was completely demotivated but I have stuck with it regardless. Fingers crossed that the scales wil be nice tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Hey all,
    I started at ww back in Sept 09. I know that they have a holiday scheme which if you don't go one week you don't have to pay. Is this only available if you've been with ww for 6months? Can anyone explain this to me please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I had my weigh in tonight and lost 1 pound. Little bit disapointed as I gave it everything this week and did a lot of exersize too! But I suppose these things just happen and only thing I can do is stick with it and hope next week will be better!!
    I decided I will treat myself though after every weigh in! Tonight I had one of those chocolate Brownies from weight watchers!! They are absolutely gorgeous, 3 points but well worth it!! :D (only €1.25 for 2 in Tesco in freezer section by the frozen meals)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement