Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wantolose

Hello everyone, just a little note to say, i am leaving this thread tonight, i had not returned after the xmas break because we were snowed in, and then i decided to go back yesterday and full of good ideas, but the last few days I was feeling a bit off................and it turns out I am pregnant with no 2....:eek: so I lost 1.5 stone and i guess I will put it all and moooooooooooooooooooooore back on. but I will check back in with ye sometime later in 2010.....I am off to join a new thread....cheerio:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gangie

wantolose wrote: »
    Hello everyone, just a little note to say, i am leaving this thread tonight, i had not returned after the xmas break because we were snowed in, and then i decided to go back yesterday and full of good ideas, but the last few days I was feeling a bit off................and it turns out I am pregnant with no 2....:eek: so I lost 1.5 stone and i guess I will put it all and moooooooooooooooooooooore back on. but I will check back in with ye sometime later in 2010.....I am off to join a new thread....cheerio:D

Congrats!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Hiya!

Haven't been able to get online in days! But I've been good at staying within my points over the weekends, I did have a few treats but because I had points in the bank it evened out.

Had my first weight in and I've lost 3lbs in my first week :D

Feeling great.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

congratulations best of luck with everything!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

Aye, I actually pointed it up accurately the last time I made it and it's crazy low - the whole bag of quorn is 3.5 pts and the tin of Kidney Beans is 3.5/4pts depending on the brand!

Like for the amount you'll get out of that, it's loads!

If you're in a decent supermarket, there's also actually a Weight Watchers jar of chilli con carne sauce, which is quite nice. En general, I'm not really a fan of jarred sauces, some of the WW ones are dodgy, but I find that one alright - adds a bit more flavour!

It really is one of those dishes where you can't go too wrong so experiment away!

I made this last nite and it was gorgeous! I left out the kidney beans as I'm not fond of them but as a recipe this is great. I couldn't believe the amount that I got out of it as well, there was so much and all for 1 point per serving?!! I had it on a wrap with lettuce and philadelphia so the whole thing came to 4.5.. actually even less because i had budgeted for 2 wraps for dinner and was so full that I only needed one and only used half a serving of the mix yippee! Have it with me for lunch today Weigh in tonight, so fingers crossed it goes well :)

It also reminded me of another wrap I used to make as well, stir-fry some chicken, peppers, garlic, onion, (what ever you fancy really) and have it on a wrap with philadelphia,... Its lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Delighted you liked it! I've a portion defrosting for myself for dinner tonight - it's great to have something so filling and tasty and nutritious for so few points!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Congrats - and best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Here's the recepie I use for making chilli con carne with Quorn, don't know if it's the one you are looking for but it works for me:

Bag of Quorn Mince
    2 Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
    Half a tin of tomato puree
    3 Peppers
    Mushrooms
    1 Large Onion
    1 Courgette
    Garlic
    Couple of Chillis
    Splash of tobasco
    Some cayenne pepper
    Tin of Kidney Beans

I just fry off the onion and garlic and chillis, add in the chopped mushrooms peppers, courgette and fry for another few mins, stick in the two tins of tomatoes, puree and the quorn. Allow to simmer for 15/20mins or so. Then add in the kidney beans, cayenne and tobasco, simmer for another 5/8mins et voilá!

Not exactly haute cuisine but does the job for me, and freezes like a dream!

That recipe sounds yum!

Just wondering, how many points are in the whole thing?

Also.....I've never bought chilli's before...what should I be looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

hi everyone! I was trying to work out how many points are in a packet of curry flavoured koka noodles (ya no the orange pack!).

I have it in my head that when i was in WW years ago they told me it was about 2 or 2.5 points a pack but ive started to doubt myself lately and cant find nutritional value on them anywhere, does anyone here know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

STAY AWAY FROM THESE!!

Think they are 9points a pack! I used to live off them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Jwacqui wrote: »
    STAY AWAY FROM THESE!!

Think they are 9points a pack! I used to live off them!

One of the new girls (sorry brain is in melt down and cant remember) figured that out as she was about to eat them and they are 9pts I remember her saying horrified!

Not very healthy anyway!!

Totally! I had myself convinced that Koka noodles were 4points, because they don't have nutritional value on the pack I don't know where I plucked this number from. Then found out only a few months ago that they're 9/10points! Haven't even looked at them since!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ryaner77

just a quick question to everyone on ww at the moment ?

If you are ordering from the chinese what would you get ?

and do you have any idea how many points would be in the meal ?

Thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hay, LOVE this thread!!

Haven't been on in a few days, first WI tonite, I've been ever so good so please god I loose ALOT lol.

Made these earlier and just said I'd pass it on ;)

PIZZA! :D

Use a pitta bread for the base (small round = 1 pt)
    Tomato puree as the sauce (0 pts)
    My toppings are (but you can choose whatever you want) tomato, peppers,onions (0)
    Laughin cow cheese or small portion of low low grated cheese (1/2pt)
    Pineapple chunks (1/2pt - if even)
    Cajun Pepper for a kick

Total = 2
    Serve with salad.

DE-LISH!!

Roll on 6.30 for WI

foundry wrote: »
    Hay, LOVE this thread!!

Haven't been on in a few days, first WI tonite, I've been ever so good so please god I loose ALOT lol.

Made these earlier and just said I'd pass it on ;)

PIZZA! :D

Use a pitta bread for the base (small round = 1 pt)
    Tomato puree as the sauce (0 pts)
    My toppings are (but you can choose whatever you want) tomato, peppers,onions (0)
    Laughin cow cheese or small portion of low low grated cheese (1/2pt)
    Pineapple chunks (1/2pt - if even)
    Cajun Pepper for a kick

Total = 2
    Serve with salad.

DE-LISH!!

Roll on 6.30 for WI

Pizza sounds really good, Good luck tonight !

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

:eek: your leaving
    :):D:) congratulations on your news you must be so excited while we are all jealous u ca n now eat what u like lol

ryaner77 wrote: »
    just a quick question to everyone on ww at the moment ?

If you are ordering from the chinese what would you get ?

and do you have any idea how many points would be in the meal ?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave
    I haven't ordered from a chinese since i started but have made my own prawn stir frys.

Prawns are low in points compared to chicken and beef so if u like prawns I would defo order a prawn dish.

I found these below for you:

Weight Watchers Points for Chinese Food
    • Beef Lettuce Wraps - Points: 8
    • Beef Satay - Points: 19
    • Beef in Black Bean Sauce - Points: 13
    • Beef w. Broccoli - Points: 16
    • Chicken & Almonds - Points: 18
    • Chicken (sliced) & Broccoli - Points: 7
    • Chinese Egg Noodles, boiled - Points: 4
    • Chop Suey, Chicken - Points: 14
    • Chop Suey, Pork - Points: 18
    • Chow Mein, Beef or Chicken - Points: 24
    • Crab Puff w. cream cheese - Points: 2
    • Crab Rangoon - Points: 2
    • Crispy Fried Chicken - Points: 12
    • Egg Foo Yung (complete dish w. sauce) - Points: 5
    • Egg Foo Yung, Plain (no sauce) - Points: 4
    • Egg Foo Yung, Sauce Only - Points: 1
    • General Tso's Chicken - Points: 20
    • Kung Pao Chicken (Cashew Chicken) - Points: 11
    • Lemon Chicken - Points: 14
    • Lo Mein (stir-fried) - Points: 15
    • Moo Shu Chicken - Points: 10
    • Omelet, Chicken or Shrimp - Points: 27
    • Rice Paper Roll w. meat or shrimp and vegetables, not fried - Points: 2
    • Rice, Fried - Points: 24
    • Rice, Plain - Points: 3
    • Steamed Whole Fish - Points: 11
    • Sweet & Sour Duck - Points: 28
    • Sweet & Sour Fish - Points: 28
    • Sweet & Sour Pork - Points: 23
    • Vegetable Combination w. Oil - Points: 6
    • Vegetables Steamed no Oil - Points: 2

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

also found this, I don't know how true these are but thought it might help

LIST OF CHINESE POINTS

MAIN COURSES

Bamboo prawns 4½
    Barbecue Prawns 10
    Barbecued pork 8½
    Beef chop suey 5
    Beef chow mein 8 B
    Beef Sate 6
    Beef with black bean sauce 8
    Beef with cashews 8½
    Beef with celery 6
    Beef with noodles 10½
    Beef with peppers 5½
    Beef szechuan 12
    Braised duck 13½
    Braised prawns with vegetables 3
    Butterfly prawns 7½
    Chicken with cashew nuts 6½
    Chicken chop suey 6
    Chicken Chow mein 7½
    Chicken satay 5½
    Chicken stick 2½
    Chicken szechuan 4
    Chicken with asparagus 6
    Chicken with almonds 5½
    Chicken with cashew nuts & yellow bean sauce 6½
    Chicken with green pepper & black bean sauce 5
    Chicken with lychees 5½
    Chicken with pineapple 3
    Chicken with water chestnut 5
    Chinese vegetables 1
    Combination chop suey 4½
    Crab in ginger sauce 2½
    Crispy fish in chilli sauce 6½
    Curried beef 8
    Duck with pineapple 11
    Fillet steak chinese style 5
    Garlic pork rashers 18
    Ginger beef 5½
    Ginger shallot chicken 11
    Hoi sin chicken 12
    Honey chilli chicken 11½
    Honeyed chicken & pineapple 12½
    Lemon & ginger chicken 5½
    Lemon chicken 7½
    Mushroom noodles in oyster sauce 6½
    Noodle baskets 7
    Pork chop suey 6
    Pork chow mein 8½
    Pork ribs with chilli plum sauce 13
    Pork & chicken with black bean sauce 6
    Prawn chop suey 3
    Prawn chow mein 5½
    Prawn omelette 7
    Special chop suey 4½
    Spiced chicken 15½
    Spiced pork 18½
    Squid with broccoli 5½
    Steamed pork bun 3½
    Stir fried beef with spring onions 5
    Sweet & sour beancurd 3½
    Sweet & sour chicken 10
    Sweet & sour king prawn balls 9
    Sweet & sour pork 10
    Sweet & sour pork chop 11
    Beef noodles 3½
    Boiled rice 6½
    Chicken fried rice 9½
    Chicken noodles 3½
    Chinese mixed pickles 1½
    Egg fried rice 10
    Mushroom rice 4½
    Shrimp fried rice 9½
    Special fried rice 10
    Sweet & sour sauce 3
    Vegetable fried rice 9½

Chinese Takeaways

STARTERS

Barbecued spare ribs 10
    Beef spring rolls 5
    Black bean soup 3½
    Chicken Noodle soup 3
    Chicken spring rolls 5
    Dim Sim 1
    Gow Gee 2½
    Ham & Chicken Roll 5
    Ham Ball ½
    Hors d'oeuvre roll 2
    Hot & sour soup 2½
    Pork & Lettuce roll 2
    Prawn crackers 5
    Prawn spring rolls 5
    Sesame toast fingers ½ (each)
    Chicken & Corn soup 4½
    Szechuan soup 4
    Vegetable spring roll 5

MAIN COURSES

Bamboo prawns 4½
    Barbecue Prawns 10
    Barbecued prok 8½
    Beef chop suey 5
    Beef chow mein 8 B
    Beef Sate 6
    Beef with black bean sauce 8
    Beef with cashews 8½
    Beef with celery 6
    Beef with noodles 10½
    Beef with peppers 5½
    Beef szechuan 12
    Braised duck 13½
    Braised prawns with vegetables 3
    Butterfly prawns 7½
    Chicken with cashew nuts 6½
    Chicken chop suey 6
    Chicken Chow mein 7½
    Chicken satay 5½
    Chicken stick 2½
    Chicken szechuan 4
    Chicken with asparagus 6
    Chicken with almonds 5½
    Chicken with cashew nuts & yellow bean sauce 6½
    Chicken with green papper & black bean sauce 5
    Chicken with lychees 5½
    Chicken with pineapple 3
    Chicken with water chestnut 5
    Chinese vegetables 1
    Combination chop suey 4½
    Crab in ginger sauce 2½
    Crispy fish in chilli sauce 6½
    Curried beef 8
    Duck with pineapple 11
    Fillet steak chinese style 5
    Garlic pork rashers 18
    Ginger beef 5½
    Ginger shallot chicken 11
    Hoi sin chicken 12
    Honey chilli chicken 11½
    Honeyed chicken & pineapple 12½
    Lemon & ginger chicken 5½
    Lemon chicken 7½
    Mushroom noodles in oyster sauce 6½
    Noodle baskets 7
    Pork chop suey 6
    Pork chow mein 8½
    Pork ribs with chili plum sauce 13
    Pork & chicken with black bean sauce 6
    Prawn chop suey 3
    Prawn chow mein 5½
    Prawn omelette 7
    Prawns on toast 2½
    Prawn sate 2½
    Scallop & vegetable combination 4½
    Sesame chicken salad 3
    Sesame lemon chicken 6
    Sherried beef with spinach 6½
    Shredded chicken with mushroom 5
    Special chop suey 4½
    Spiced chicken 15½
    Spiced pork 18½
    Squid with broccoli 5½
    Steamed pork bun 3½
    Stir fried beef with spring onions 5
    Sweet & sour beancurd 3½
    Sweet & sour chicken 10
    Sweet & sour king prawn balls 9
    Sweet & sour pork 10
    Sweet & sour pork chop 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Hi all
    Just been for WI and a bit disappointed as I stayed the same.... It was my second week and she said as I lost a lot in the first week (6.5lbs) that this was probably the reason.... I guess it is but I would have liked to have lost a little to keep the motivation up as I had been very good this week.
    You all seem very motivated on here so I thought I would share to get some encouragement to keep me on the straight and narrow :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 penpusher

lly wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just been for WI and a bit disappointed as I stayed the same.... It was my second week and she said as I lost a lot in the first week (6.5lbs) that this was probably the reason.... I guess it is but I would have liked to have lost a little to keep the motivation up as I had been very good this week.
    You all seem very motivated on here so I thought I would share to get some encouragement to keep me on the straight and narrow :)
    yeah, I'm the same - but I think keeping the 6.5 off in the second week is a major achievement (I don't count weight loss in first week, when it can be undone easily in the next week) - for weight loss I think it's keeping the weight off as much as losing it that's crucial.
    And experts all saying 2lbs per week is the most sustainable weight loss....
    You should be patting yourself on the back:)

Down 5.5 lbs in my first WI :D:D

I stuck to 18 pts per day and walked or swam every night, sometimes both.

I am thrilled :) however my leader said not to take on 2 much 2 quick so gonna relax it a bit and see how 2nd WI goes.

Could this be the reason for the last 2 posters, 2 much 2 soon?

Main thing to do is keep the chin up !
    We can do this!!

• Advertisement

Hey everyone, had my weigh in today and down 4.5lbs!!! I'm absolutely thrilled cos i had a pretty bad wknd but i think it evened out because I only lost 2 in the first week altho I shouldn't really say 'only' when it comes to weight loss!

Posting on here seems to really help, especially the food diary, all the ideas for recipes (check out ya-what-now's recipe for chili con carne, its yum, my new addiction and sooo low in points for a massive serving), and of course the encouragment from everyone is great! Really happy, had set myself a goal of 10lbs before Valentines day (not that i'll be doing anything for it being single haha) and i'm well on my way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

first weigh in tonite down 4 lbs...really im delighted i worked hard an stuck to it but i couldnt say i felt deprived at any time. It'd be great to get 3 lbs next wk for the first half stone..but we'll see!
    Im goin out at wknd with some girlfriends and i dont wanna blow the diet any suggestions on wat is best to drink to keep the points down?

Btw foundry..that pizza recipe looks good..are the small round pitta breads only 1 point each? i always thought they were more..

fendigal wrote: »
    first weigh in tonite down 4 lbs...really im delighted i worked hard an stuck to it but i couldnt say i felt deprived at any time. It'd be great to get 3 lbs next wk for the first half stone..but we'll see!
    Im goin out at wknd with some girlfriends and i dont wanna blow the diet any suggestions on wat is best to drink to keep the points down?

Btw foundry..that pizza recipe looks good..are the small round pitta breads only 1 point each? i always thought they were more..

Well done, great result on first weigh in! I'm just .5lb off the half stone so will defo achieve it by next week. I used to make those pizza's as well but using a slice of bread. This one is actually less points as I think foundry means to just use one half of the pitta bread. I normally have a pitta bread for lunch and I know the ones I use are two, so just using one side of it would mean its just the one point. Unless foundry has found a pitta bread for 1 point? If so I would be delighted to know what make they are, always great to save points where you can!

In regard to drinking, a btl of bud light is 1.5. I tried to drink that this wknd, I normally drink bud, but found that i just didn't like the taste of it. I was drinking cans so maybe the btls are different? Really your best bet is a short, ie vodka with diet 7-up or diet coke, they're much less points than beer (my downfall :( )

Well done on all the reported weight loss! It's great to hear!!

I seem to cause a bit of confusion with my pizza!
    In my book it says a mini pitta 30g = 1pt
    I weighed my own pittas (Country Kitchen Bakery - Wholemeal) and its 50g so I'm giving it 1 and a 1/2 now!
    WW bread would be nice too, i shall try it!!

foundry wrote: »
    Well done on all the reported weight loss! It's great to hear!!

I seem to cause a bit of confusion with my pizza!
    In my book it says a mini pitta 30g = 1pt
    I weighed my own pittas (Country Kitchen Bakery - Wholemeal) and its 50g so I'm giving it 1 and a 1/2 now!
    WW bread would be nice too, i shall try it!!

Thats something I've noticed this time round on WW is that in the points book it says one thing but yet when i check it against the calorie/sat fat on the product that its different.... I've yet to come across a pitta that weighs 30g and the ones that I use are as small as you can get! I think thats its a safer bet to actually check on the points counter anything that you're eating to make sure .

Well done to everyone who dropped a few pounds this week, to those who stayed the same well done as well. Just think of all those months and years you didn't weight in everyweek and put on weight. Just keep going and you see the results in the end.

I think i prefer that second list of chinese menu points. It's so much more forgiving !

I was in M&S last night and there count on us range is all 3 for 2, includes pizzas ( which are really really nice ) loads of ready meals. For low fat dishes they are so tasty.

They all the the ammount of WW points on the back so there handy for tracking.

Well i'm off to Galway for the weekend tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Talk to you all monday before my WI, Fingers crossed !

Yeah deffo agree with Ryaner re the Count on Us range from M&S. If you're in a hurry and need something quick - they're definitely the tastiest low-fat option. Love the thai green curry and the bangers and mash!

Yeah seriously, well done everyone on the losses -it's great going. That's the one good thing about January everyone is too skint to have too much of a social life so I really haven't done much BUT go to the gym in the evenings...rock n roll :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Aw lads and lassies. Lost a measly HALF pound on Thursday. Annoyed. Like it's grand, it's down... but I worked so hard!!!

really banging my head against a brick wall here like. Wish I could just get a 1/2 pounds loss get be back on the losing streak properly.

Cracked then today and had a brownie with the girls. Staying in points but that's not like me at all to go so far out and have something like that. I usually find a better option.

50 odd pounds later... this is getting seriously hard. I still have a little under 2 stone to go and here I am stuck. :(

Apologies for the rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Well I was weighed on Wednesday and went UP 2.5lbs. This was after going up roughly 3 the week before (although I'm disregarding that because I didn't have my card so it was a guess). I was getting really unmotivated but something has made me even more motivated now. I'm tracking EVERYTHING, even if it's crap food, which is something I never did, even during my first week. I'm also working out every night. I got The Biggest Loser game for the Wii and I'm using that every evening as well as the Wii Fit. I feel fantastic and I'm not caring what the scale says; once I feel good that's the main thing.

I was considering leaving WW because I keep going up but I'm going to stick with it regardless. It's that one thing that makes me stick to the regime no matter what. It really is about more than what the scale says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Aw lads and lassies. Lost a measly HALF pound on Thursday. Annoyed. Like it's grand, it's down... but I worked so hard!!!

really banging my head against a brick wall here like. Wish I could just get a 1/2 pounds loss get be back on the losing streak properly.

Cracked then today and had a brownie with the girls. Staying in points but that's not like me at all to go so far out and have something like that. I usually find a better option.

50 odd pounds later... this is getting seriously hard. I still have a little under 2 stone to go and here I am stuck. :(

Apologies for the rant.

i feel your pain :o i lost half a lb this week too and was not too impressed as i had worked hard last week too. im down 2stone and for goal on the WW scales im 4lbs away but i want to get another 12 13lbs before ill be happy. my leader reckons ive hit a plateau and suggested i reduce my points by .5pt a day so ive been trying that since tuesday ive been on 19.5pts a day. i reckon and am hoping that upping my exercise will help get me back losing again. went back to aquafit on wednesday and been doing the WII fit as well so with a bit of luck il get better results next tuesday morning!!

all i can say is stick with it. you have come sooo far and your sooo close now DO NOT GIVE IN!! you can get over this bump so keep it up;)

ergonmonics fair play to ya for sticking with it. that can be a killer to be up like that it just feels like a kick in the guts.keep with it im sure you will get back on track in no time!! your right to about the scales they really are just a number. your better off going by how you feel!!keep it up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement