Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

ergonomics wrote: »
    Well I was weighed on Wednesday and went UP 2.5lbs. This was after going up roughly 3 the week before (although I'm disregarding that because I didn't have my card so it was a guess). I was getting really unmotivated but something has made me even more motivated now. I'm tracking EVERYTHING, even if it's crap food, which is something I never did, even during my first week. I'm also working out every night. I got The Biggest Loser game for the Wii and I'm using that every evening as well as the Wii Fit. I feel fantastic and I'm not caring what the scale says; once I feel good that's the main thing.

I was considering leaving WW because I keep going up but I'm going to stick with it regardless. It's that one thing that makes me stick to the regime no matter what. It really is about more than what the scale says.

thats the spirit, just try keep motivated. what is the game the biggest loser like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Thanks Itsallaboutme and Ergonomics!

Itsallabout me if I drop half a point will I have to stay at that level? Like if , when I go back up to 20 points, will I keep losing weight? Even though I'll be eating a little bit more?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Thanks Itsallaboutme and Ergonomics!

Itsallabout me if I drop half a point will I have to stay at that level? Like if , when I go back up to 20 points, will I keep losing weight? Even though I'll be eating a little bit more?

I would think its only a temporary thing as once it gets you over the hurdle you would be on your way again:confused: Tbh im not 100% sure. im weighing in now at 11st 5.5lb so id be dropping to 19pts in 6lbs anyway so maybe my leader reckons the half pt will get me closer to that:confused: sorry i cant be more helpful than that:oi cant remember reading if you go to meetings or not but if you do maybe suggest the idea to your leader and see what he/she says? if not i will ask mine on tuesday morning for ya;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hi all, I am back to 11st - devestating for me, am nearly in tears when I saw it...

I get hungry in the evening (8/9 pm)- any ideas for what I can eat (non wheat) at that hour that isn't too bad!!! I go for fruit but it's not enough!!!

I put back on half the weight I lost since October...:mad::mad::eek::eek:

Yes I know it is my own fault cos I have eaten crap but I am back on track now but the hunger in the evenings is the problem!!!

I would think its only a temporary thing as once it gets you over the hurdle you would be on your way again:confused: Tbh im not 100% sure. im weighing in now at 11st 5.5lb so id be dropping to 19pts in 6lbs anyway so maybe my leader reckons the half pt will get me closer to that:confused: sorry i cant be more helpful than that:oi cant remember reading if you go to meetings or not but if you do maybe suggest the idea to your leader and see what he/she says? if not i will ask mine on tuesday morning for ya;)

Aw you're a pet! :)

Thanks a mil! I do go to the meetings but my usual leader is off at the minute so we have a man. He has all the best intentions, but isn't the best if you know what I mean. So much so I missed my first ever actual meeting (went to the weigh in) last week.

I might just try that. Although I'm only at 11.12 1/2 so I don't know how that would affect me.:confused: Very confusing game this is!!!

Pembily, that's the part I've always found hard, the evenings.
    I always leave something to look forward to in the evening, like a WW bar, a pack of low fat crisps (maybe both :P) And it gets me through!

Also low sugar jelly. If you make it with a little seven up it's lovely and I find it more filling!

With me anyway, in the evenings, it's not real hunger I don't think. It's just in my head. That was when I used to eat for Ireland and now I don't. So my head is still a bit confused!

Oh, and I know you don't like wheat things but we make low fat scones in my house from a reciped given to us at WW with low sugar jam. They really hit the spot if you're hungry and just 1 1/2 points! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Doreen123

Hi guys, i'm not in ww at the moment. i joined last year but gave it up.. you know the way excuses, excuses... I feel like such a slob as have just eaten half a very large donut and half a custard slice while reading this thread!! At least it's only half of each...could be worse... thankfully my hubby scoffed the rest. Saturday is my day for a treat to be honest, but recently it's also Friday/thurs/Sunday/Monday and Tuesday... ha..not to mention Wednesday!! and at 11st 3lb I need to get my ass in gear to lose weight and stop all this eating. I know you're all ww members, but i was thinking of tryiing something else. I heard that Unislim have a new plan where all lean proteins are free and there's no counting of points, calories etc. I'm a little sceptical to be honest and wonder if any of you have heard about it or think it's good idea to try something new?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

Pembily wrote: »
    Hi all, I am back to 11st - devestating for me, am nearly in tears when I saw it...

I get hungry in the evening (8/9 pm)- any ideas for what I can eat (non wheat) at that hour that isn't too bad!!! I go for fruit but it's not enough!!!

Yes I know it is my own fault cos I have eaten crap but I am back on track now but the hunger in the evenings is the problem!!!
    now pembily first of all calm down, it has happend that the weight went on, easily done. get a few veggs together cut them up put them into a pot to boil . add stock cube when on the boil. add herbs if you llike. i blend it half way as in dont blend it all so i have some veggs to eat. have ww bread in the freezer on hand so i'd have them with the soup i just made. i leave the soup till that time of night when i know im going to eat. stock up on ww snacks. do you eat dinner in evening? we all have done the eating at night. dont beat yourself up. do you like porridge? thats great for hunger.trak all you eat , safe points for the night. hope you feel better after this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

blond45 wrote: »
    well done millieboo. im the same as you. started last week got weighed this morning 4 and half down, yahoo, i ate all my points, which i didnt do before. i made no point soup and put in a cube stock to give it more buzz, half blend it and it was bloody lovely. im having my dinner during day , light meal at 5sh. keeping my treats for when watching tv. im not a fan of pink and whites they are to sweet for me.

Thanks blond45, really does make you feel more motivated when you can see the results! Its brill when you find food you like, makes it easier. So nice to be eating fish and veg and fresh food, rather than the bowl of pasta or pizza I was eating every day!

Congrats on the loss, brill result!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Pembily, I know how you feel...I went back 2 weeks ago and had put back on (and more) all the weight I lost with ww last summer. Most important thing now is to stay on track and get back to loosing, otherwise you may end up putting on more weight if you let yourself get demotivated!

I'm same as you, do most of my eating in the evenings, just try to save as many points as possible for the evening time then you have more scope to play with

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

dwg ill take that scone recipe if you have it! i used to love a scone with strawberry jam and a hot mug of tea till i found out how laden with points they were!!:eek:

• Advertisement

dwg ill take that scone recipe if you have it! i used to love a scone with strawberry jam and a hot mug of tea till i found out how laden with points they were!!:eek:

I will take it as well and try oat flour :):):) Fingers crossed to a good week :)

I will take it as well and try oat flour :):):) Fingers crossed to a good week :)

No problem girls! I'll have a look and see where I put it!!! :rolleyes:

It uses low fat natural yoghurt! And they're YUM!

I had 2 this morning for breakfast :rolleyes::o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Sorry to add to the doom and gloom, here's another on the slippery slope. Decided last week to get on top of things, did all I should and exercised to beat the band........ + 4lbs, I kid u not. Am so p****d off at the min I just don't know which way to turn. It has taken just 3 weeks to undo 3 months work, am back to and beyond my starting point. Its not muscle or tom.
    Sorry guys. Just at a very low point,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

irishneady wrote: »
    thats the spirit, just try keep motivated. what is the game the biggest loser like?

It's really good. Much harder than the Wii Fit but I really feel like I'm achieving something with it. It is hard work though; I got a major shock the first time I played it!

Sorry to add to the doom and gloom, here's another on the slippery slope. Decided last week to get on top of things, did all I should and exercised to beat the band........ + 4lbs, I kid u not. Am so p****d off at the min I just don't know which way to turn. It has taken just 3 weeks to undo 3 months work, am back to and beyond my starting point. Its not muscle or tom.

Sorry to hear this felinefeeling, It's hard when you get to that wall isn't it.
    Especially when you put in the effort.
    Big hugs to you!
    Hopefully we can all get back losing next week x

sorry pembily , i misread your post cos i didnt see that you dont eat wheat. (i,ve my 'visitor')the reason you feel hungry id say is cos you cant eat wheat as in rice etc . it keep you going for longer. i dont know of food that dont have wheat. try and keep some of your points for the night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

carrotts - I swear to god, I haven't eaten carrotts in easily 30 years and now I'm constantly munching on them - 99c a bag, and you get a few days out of them and your gob is also on the go (great for the composter aswell!)

I think that is the way it is for all of us!!! January is a very depressing month and with all the bad weather you can't even get out to go out for a good walk :mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

Next month will be better for all of us :)
    cjdun1 wrote: »
    carrotts - I swear to god, I haven't eaten carrotts in easily 30 years and now I'm constantly munching on them - 99c a bag, and you get a few days out of them and your gob is also on the go (great for the composter aswell!)

Yeah I used to put carrots and cucumber in my fruit pot (bring melon grapes etc to college in a container) but have stopped - back to the carrots :):)

Might help with seeing in the fog :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jakesgirl

Hi everyone, great to read the posts here! I started weight watchers in early november and have lost 1 and a half stone so far (another 3 to lose :() Every week I was losing but last week was the first week i have stayed at the same weight, despite following the plan. My biggest fear is a plateau, as I have a hard time keeping motivated through them and I was wondering if they were common at this stage and if anyone else has had them and what they have done to get losing again? Unfortunatly I cant excersise at the moment as I have been on crutches since March and will probably be on them until at least May!

Any advice would be sooo appreciated!:)

K I think I have my mojo back!!!

Was feeling very p**sed off today and mad that I was back up to 11st and didn't really wanna have to eat well anymore but I went to the cinema for a girlie night out and it was just what I needed. I rememberd that this time 5 years ago I was 4stone heavier, alot unfitter and in hospital with a smashed ankle. Loosing weight and keeping it off is a life choice but I defo think it has made me stronger and a (slightly) better person, it changed my life, I want to be seen now, 5 years ago I didn't. I was also about to turn 21 (turn 26 a month from today) and thought I had the world at my feet but life threw me a smashed ankle and I worked with it and I lost 4stone cos of it, so putting up 4lb isnt going to send me back there cos I was not a happy person then, but now I am truly (mostly)happy and that is not cos I am slim but because I am healthy and in control of my weight and I took the action myself and I did it all myself...

We are all a bit demotivated at the minute but seriously - we have all lost some weight, yes others have lost more but its relevant, for someone 1stone overweight 1lb of a loss is a 7% whereas someone one 2 stone overweight 1lb is 3.5% weight loss. REMEMBER A LOSS IS A LOSS, if you have 1stone to go .5lb is 3.5% closer to that goal and each % counts (sorry about the numbers - I am a nerdy engineer :rolleyes:) It is not easy for anyone to loose weight, if we are on here we are all struggling and trying and all I can say is you have made the choice to be here, remember that when you are going through a bad week and don't throw it all away, its your happiness at the end of the day, find the balance, it does exist...

Onwards and downwards for 2010 :D:D

Prob a reason I don't normally write at night - I talk sh*te :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jazzerd84

hey all,
    new to all this, ww and boards, so hi........ started ww last week, wasnt suprised with my weight, iv never been small, but im sick of being big, i was 19 st 5lbs, im a guy, but.....iv tried all the diets going, powder shakes, not eating, i started off lighter than i am now. decided to try one last thing, weight watchers. bit nervous at first, but i wasnt the only guy at my first meeting, small comforts. Anyway, im doing the points system, was given 36 points, thats a lot of food:)didnt hit it once the first week...last tues was my second weigh in, was a bit sketchy about it, sceptical more like, wasnt sure what to expect. Got on the scales, didnt know what i was looking at, "this member has lost more than seven pounds" came up, i thought i broke it. 11 lbs first week, i know i cant expect to keep that up but is it normal to loose that in the first week?is it healthy?am i supposed to use all the points? im dreading next tuesday, no way ill be ably to follow that lead:( hopefully ill keep it up, iv an attention span of a goldfish.

Chat to ye all soon again and best of luck, sorry about the essay.

jazzerd84 wrote: »
    hey all,
    new to all this, ww and boards, so hi........ started ww last week, wasnt suprised with my weight, iv never been small, but im sick of being big, i was 19 st 5lbs, im a guy, but.....iv tried all the diets going, powder shakes, not eating, i started off lighter than i am now. decided to try one last thing, weight watchers. bit nervous at first, but i wasnt the only guy at my first meeting, small comforts. Anyway, im doing the points system, was given 36 points, thats a lot of food:)didnt hit it once the first week...last tues was my second weigh in, was a bit sketchy about it, sceptical more like, wasnt sure what to expect. Got on the scales, didnt know what i was looking at, "this member has lost more than seven pounds" came up, i thought i broke it. 11 lbs first week, i know i cant expect to keep that up but is it normal to loose that in the first week?is it healthy?am i supposed to use all the points? im dreading next tuesday, no way ill be ably to follow that lead:( hopefully ill keep it up, iv an attention span of a goldfish.

Chat to ye all soon again and best of luck, sorry about the essay.

If you ate utter crap and lots of crap before 11lb is grand, my leader had a girl loose 15lb in a week!!! How many points were youeating? Were you exercising?? You will reduce your points when you drop down a stone bracket. General aim is 1lb to 2lb a week, relax and see how you get on next week and work it from there!!!!!!

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jazzerd84

Cheers Pembily,
    yeah, i suppose i didnt have the healthiest of diets, but when it comes to actually writing down what you eat and see it on paper, its kind of an eye opener. i was getting as far as 24-25 points a day,still a lot i know, but....have to start somewhere. havent been exercising more than i normally do, its just hen i finish doing it now i dont think, its ok, i can have what i was, i'm after doing stuff today.ill have more fruit. im nearly fermenting my own cider im eating so many apples. ill play it by ear, see how i get on.

jazzerd84 wrote: »
    Cheers Pembily,
    yeah, i suppose i didnt have the healthiest of diets, but when it comes to actually writing down what you eat and see it on paper, its kind of an eye opener. i was getting as far as 24-25 points a day,still a lot i know, but....have to start somewhere. havent been exercising more than i normally do, its just hen i finish doing it now i dont think, its ok, i can have what i was, i'm after doing stuff today.ill have more fruit. im nearly fermenting my own cider im eating so many apples. ill play it by ear, see how i get on.

Don't eat too little now as you will not be able to sustain it, that is what WW is all about you gradually reduce what you eat thus you relearn and rethink your eating!!! Defo try eat more and heres to a weight loss next week :) You are not allowed to save more than 4pts a day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Don't eat too little now as you will not be able to sustain it, that is what WW is all about you gradually reduce what you eat thus you relearn and rethink your eating!!! Defo try eat more and heres to a weight loss next week :) You are not allowed to save more than 4pts a day...[/QU

Jazz
    I echo what pem said.
    It's a new day, it's a new DAWN.
    Am blown away by your 11lbs, well done.
    But the reason you'v got so many points is so you don't "freak" your body out till it goes into starvation mode.
    Look at what your eating and adjust your points accordingly, you will still get a loss, it's a major plus of being a male. trust me with this.
    Have a teenage lad, was sick for 3 days, :mad::mad::mad: lost 16lbs! Very fit, very active, but still, as he male has a lot more muscle, so burnt off a huge amount.
    Use what u have, increase exercise and stick to ur points.

Good luck;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

hey all..welcome jazzerd84 best of luck to you wit d weight loss :D
    ok well i went on my girly nite out..best intentions and all had chicken salad for dinner sent bak d bowl of chips had couple of vodka an diet 7 ups and all was well til someone bought me a whiskey,,i drink it wit ginger ale an had 2 of those an a cocktail..god i hope i havent ruined my chances of losin few lbs this wk. i need to be super good between now and wed evening..any tips on how to ensure a few lbs down in the next few days ?..ive been good otherwise no take aways etc..
    good luck to everybody this wk btw..

fendigal wrote: »
    hey all..welcome jazzerd84 best of luck to you wit d weight loss :D
    ok well i went on my girly nite out..best intentions and all had chicken salad for dinner sent bak d bowl of chips had couple of vodka an diet 7 ups and all was well til someone bought me a whiskey,,i drink it wit ginger ale an had 2 of those an a cocktail..god i hope i havent ruined my chances of losin few lbs this wk. i need to be super good between now and wed evening..any tips on how to ensure a few lbs down in the next few days ?..ive been good otherwise no take aways etc..
    good luck to everybody this wk btw..
    at least you got out. make the soup. do you like quorn ? its low in points. it would be worth it if you liked it if you want to loooooose some of that whiskey cal. you consumed;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

just started ww last week, first weigh in since starting is tonight so im v nervous about it! when was in school i was v underweight but after i started college i started to put it on and then some especially after i had orthopaedic surgery on my foot. finally went last monday and am really anxious as have stuck to it well all week, in fact i have not been using all my points! i found that once i cut all the crap out of my diet what proper food i normally eat isnt really all that much. people have told me that using under your points your supposed to is bad but dunno what to do bout that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

well done for joining WW!! I can promise you you will definitely find it useful. Ideally you should be eating all your points every day, or saving 1 or 2 to go towards a night out for dinner at a restaurant.

Why dont you tell us what you had to eat 1 or 2 days of last week and we can try and help you add to the points if you are way under.

I started back last week myself and I have lost 2lbs!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

:)hi all
    on my 3rd week now back at weightwatchers down 13.5 lb so far, pity i did not make the stone but should do it next week. it was 3 weeks hard work.dont look that different yet but can notice it in my clothes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement