Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 irlande83

Hi Folks
    I am a man here considering joining weightwatchers, just wondering abut the meetings - the nearest men only class to me is quite a distance away while the nearest other meeting is about a ten minute walk away. Just wondering if there does be many men at the meetings which are not men only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Irlande83,

Not too many men, in the classes I've been to it can vary from 1-4men. But I wouldn't let that put you off!!
    The classes are very welcoming and everyone will make you feel relaxed at at home!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

irlande83 wrote: »
    Hi Folks
    I am a man here considering joining weightwatchers, just wondering abut the meetings - the nearest men only class to me is quite a distance away while the nearest other meeting is about a ten minute walk away. Just wondering if there does be many men at the meetings which are not men only.

3 men in my class but they seem to enjoy the classes. Go and see for yourself/ I am sure you will enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Still doom and gloom in the Doctorwhogirl household I'm afraid... so if you don't want to hear a pitiful rant look away now!!!

First off, I can't get off my scale! Which is making things worse! I'm not normally like this!
    On Christmas Day, one month ago I was 12 stone. Today, am still 12 bloody stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

How can it be after a whole month of staying in points and being really good 95% of the time I'm still here like!? Nothing has changed in my eating and I'm exercising more.

I can't give in like but there's nothing pushing me on, no little goals getting achieved because I'm going nowhere. There's no clothes incentive as I got into the smaller size awhile ago and the next size is a while away yet!

Think I might have to lob a leg off at the next meeting to have some sort of a loss at all! My own leader is off at the moment which isn't helping either!
    And to top it off, it's time of the month!!! (Which is prob responsible for half of this rant ;)

Apologies for the doom and gloom again folks! Here is the only place that really gets what I'm ranting about!!

Congrats to all the newbies' great losses! You are all doing super! :D Keep it up!

Best of luck to all the Monday weigh in lads and lassies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

Still doom and gloom in the Doctorwhogirl household I'm afraid... so if you don't want to hear a pitiful rant look away now!!!

First off, I can't get off my scale! Which is making things worse! I'm not normally like this!
    On Christmas Day, one month ago I was 12 stone. Today, am still 12 bloody stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

How can it be after a whole month of staying in points and being really good 95% of the time I'm still here like!? Nothing has changed in my eating and I'm exercising more.

I can't give in like but there's nothing pushing me on, no little goals getting achieved because I'm going nowhere. There's no clothes incentive as I got into the smaller size awhile ago and the next size is a while away yet!

Think I might have to lob a leg off at the next meeting to have some sort of a loss at all! My own leader is off at the moment which isn't helping either!
    And to top it off, it's time of the month!!! (Which is prob responsible for half of this rant ;)

Apologies for the doom and gloom again folks! Here is the only place that really gets what I'm ranting about!!

Congrats to all the newbies' great losses! You are all doing super! :D Keep it up!

im sorry doctorwhogirl. think your right that time of month is an angry time.im the same here , when is your leader back. you,l need to chat to her . what points are you on? read your hand book again it might inspire you. you are brilliant that you wont go cracked on food..i would be delighted if i was the same weight at xmas and now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 penpusher

harr wrote: »
    :)hi all
    on my 3rd week now back at weightwatchers down 13.5 lb so far, pity i did not make the stone but should do it next week. it was 3 weeks hard work.dont look that different yet but can notice it in my clothes.
    well done, this gives me a little kick to get re-started:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

Hey everyone, just reading through the posts and well done on the loss eveyone! One thing thats struck me (and I've been here too believe me!) is how de-motivating it is when the scales seems to stick at the same point. Its so disheartning to try soooo hard and that damn needle doesn't budge a fraction!

I came across another WW board which was american based. They spoke of NSV's. Non Scale Victory's. So maybe we can all think of some NSV that applies to us. For example, it could be fitting into a different size, something that hasn't fit in ages, it could be that someone has told you how great you're looking lately or that you managed to stay in points or that you managed to go for that walk after work!

Sometimes I think that we get so hung up on the scales that we let the other little victories pass us by and just beat ourselves up cos we still weigh the same, ignoring the fact that our belts are a little bit looser or that our diet is a lot healthier.

Sorry for the rant but I hate to see people get so disheartend when they are doing BRILLIANTLY and I want us to all see that its not just the scales thats matters.... Phew... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

Haha just realised that I was so busy ranting that I didn't even include my own NSV... well mine is fitting into a pair of trousers that I bought in october even though they were bet onto me, I couldn't call them loose yet but I can wear them to work for the day and still manage to breathe at the same time which I definitely think is a victory!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

just back from my first weigh in after my first week. i lost 9.5lbs!!! :D:D cant believe it!!:eek: was so nervoud that would have lost nothing or even gained but chuffed to bits!! i know i cant expect that every week but it was a great start and has really motivated me to keep going!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I hear you, but see below
    girltatu wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just reading through the posts and well done on the loss eveyone! One thing thats struck me (and I've been here too believe me!) is how de-motivating it is when the scales seems to stick at the same point. Its so disheartning to try soooo hard and that damn needle doesn't budge a fraction!

I came across another WW board which was american based. They spoke of NSV's. Non Scale Victory's. So maybe we can all think of some NSV that applies to us. For example, it could be fitting into a different size, something that hasn't fit in ages, it could be that someone has told you how great you're looking lately or that you managed to stay in points or that you managed to go for that walk after work!

Sometimes I think that we get so hung up on the scales that we let the other little victories pass us by and just beat ourselves up cos we still weigh the same, ignoring the fact that our belts are a little bit looser or that our diet is a lot healthier.

Sorry for the rant but I hate to see people get so disheartend when they are doing BRILLIANTLY and I want us to all see that its not just the scales thats matters.... Phew... :rolleyes:

What you could try to do is to measure and keep measuring your inches (or lack of now), I feel as slim as when I was 4lb lighter!!! Muscle does weigh more than fat. My sister says a scales is b*ll*x and to go with your clothes but I am a scales girl like my mum!!! You could try minimise carbs for a week and see if that boosts your!!! Also only one week left in January :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Thanks Pembily! I hate being a moan! It's not my style at all! I'm normally a happy go lucky person! You've (and lots of others) have been brilliant! I would have thrown in the towel before now without ye! xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi folks,

Didn't realise there was a thread here for ww... have been posting a food diary! Joined WW on 14th January, had my first weigh in last Thursday....

lost 7lb!!!

Which is fantastic but I was 21st 10lb starting out... to have a BMI of 25 I need to be 12st 11lb so I have about nine stone to lose, lol. Not thinking about that at all though, just thinking about it in terms of half a stone at a time!

I'm female, a single Mam, just turned 29.... think it's about time to lose this weight for once and for all! I am 5 ft 11 so I "hide" weight well but I am determined now to get this weight off.

Doing "Fast Start" for a couple of weeks to get myself into the WW groove. Going well but feeling much hungrier this week than last!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Thanks Pembily! I hate being a moan! It's not my style at all! I'm normally a happy go lucky person! You've (and lots of others) have been brilliant! I would have thrown in the towel before now without ye! xxx

So would I, I am not a moan either but lately its all I am doing - gave out to my poor boyfriend this morning cos I forgot my pill and we had to go back for it - me, I forgot it not him but he still got his head chewed!!!!! :eek::eek:

This site is for us to moan and help each other and to stop each other from throwing in any towel :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all well i dont want to jinx myself but i think im out of my rut!! was down 3lbs at WI this morning was delighted didnt even know what to say when i saw it on the screen just stood there smiling:D:D:D!!

im only 1.5lbs from goal now and ive got a nite out this saturday for my
    OH bday so im gonna try be extra good all week for it!

well done to all with losses so far and best of luck to all with WI still to come:)

dwg i think you should try changing up your food a bit. i went back to my very first tracker this week and used that all this week as much as possible and it seems to have worked . i think we get into a routine of eating the same stuff over and over and we get bored and our bodies get used to eating the same stuff and then we just stop losing. try changing it up a bit this week and hopefully it will get you back on track!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

My motivation is gone!! I got a stomach bug last week so didn't count the next day as I barely ate, counted the day after but felt disinterested...then it was my boyfriend's birthday and I had to spend the weekend in my mam's minding my canary (I can't bring him to the apartment).

I seem to have no interest in counting points, I'm not necessarily craving foods but I'm feeling lazy and extremely demotivated. Am getting batteries for the balance board so I'm back to the Wii Fit/ EA sports personal trainer.

Anyone got any motivation tips to revive my goals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jazzerd84

hey all, thanks for the support...
    well, tonight is the true test, back for the second weigh in, been good all week, still havent gone on the beer since i started, and not really missing it, im off this weekend so it will be a big test. havent been as drastic this week with the eating, but........time will tell. started back to my running again, im not gonna break any records but i feel better after it.....ish,:D lets see how it goes.....

just want to say, for all of ye who the scales have saed the same.....isn't it better they stay the same rather than go up? keep the faith, everything is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

Mods, not sure how ye want to deal with this..........

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0126/watermanh.html

thought people might be interested in seeing what Hannah Waterman's POV is on her weight loss - I did a quick calculation with the WW BMI calculator - her new weight is 19 on the BMI, which is theoretically underweight (and at 7 stone 8 lbs and at 5ft 2", I'd consider it to be too light).

I'm 5ft 2.5" and my goal weight is 9 stone 5.5 pounds......so by Hannah's reckoning, I'd be overweight (this is a BMI of 24)............I understand that for her work she may feel the need to be a little lighter than the average woman, but one good flu and she's gonna be wrecked..........rant OVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

While the WW bmi calculator has a healthy weight between 20-25, the general bmi healthy weight level is between 18.5-25. So technically she is considered a healthy weight according to the scale. That doesn't mean that she is actually healthy though. Depends on what and how much she eats, exercise etc etc etc

http://apps.who.int/bmi/index.jsp?introPage=intro_3.html

fair point........

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

well i got weighed this morning DOWN 5LBS. couldnt believe it . lost 9 half lbs in two weeks. thats cos i fill up on no point soup and no point jelly. always do my tracker the night before. plan ahead. hope ye are all doing great. i have to lose my flab cos i want stay alive to annoy my two sons when im old :D. i felt like an old woman two weeks ago as in could not walk properly, could not stand for long my back got realy soar. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 !CHANTEL!

Hi. Anyone know how much it is to join weight watchers? I know it was €20 the last time I was there. Think it was about 1.5 year ago? I still have my card etc..

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Ok so I have been using the Wii Fit and Biggest Loser Game everyday since my last weigh and have also stuck religiously to my points. The Biggest Loser only lets you weigh yourself once a week and my weigh was tonight. I last weighed myself last Wednesday, after I got weighed at WW. Tonight it said I was down 2kg which works out at roughly 3lbs. The Wii Fit also gave the same weight loss.

I'm really interested to see what the scales in WW says tomorrow. If I'm up again I'm going to be very skeptical. I've been up the last 2 weeks by about 3lbs each time so if I go up again I'm going to be questioning the WW scales! My OH did say the Wii scales might not be accurate but to be down 3lbs on that and up 2 or 3lbs in WW is a very big difference.

In other news; if I have indeed lost 3lbs, my BMI is almost in the healthy range!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

ergonomics wrote: »
    Tonight it said I was down 2kg which works out at roughly 3lbs.

Hiya, a kilo is actually 2.2lbs so 2 kilos is 4.4lbs!! Well done.

On another note - I think Hannah Waterman looks desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

ok can someone give me a verbal kick up the backside, i know i was sick last week so didnt eat much, but have lost all motivation, going to make a big pot of WW veg soup tomorrow to see if that helps maybe havin it there will stop me pickin at rubbish
    thanks all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hey everyone i am new to this so if i make mistakes please forgive me!!!
    Ok somy story is i have been on weight watchers before and lost 5 and a half stone however i think i have probably put it all back on now! I am going back to meetings tomorrow night and going to give it another shot!
    So i saw you had a thread on this for weight watchers and thought i would come on to give some motivation and hopefully get some too!!
    If i get the chance tomorrow night i will come on and tell you all how horrible it was to go back tomorrow night!!
    Wish me luck!! xx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey Shinners, really lovely bunch of folks on here always great for giving you a boost when you've had a rubbish day. I'm sure you will be grand tomorrow, walking into a new meeting is always the hardest, Good Luck:)

ok can someone give me a verbal kick up the backside, i know i was sick last week so didnt eat much, but have lost all motivation, going to make a big pot of WW veg soup tomorrow to see if that helps maybe havin it there will stop me pickin at rubbish
    thanks all:)

Psycho-hope - get your iPod out and shake your booty......or put on MTV, close the curtains and do what they say in that saying: 'dance like no one's watching'.................take out a piece of clothing you're almost into and it might motivate you or take out an old photo (I've put an old photo up next to one taken a few months ago and keep saying 'I'm not going back to THAT') - I've been as guilty as you this week, thinking I could just coast along, but it takes hard work, it took time to put on the weight so it'll take time to lose it again, but it will be worth the effort - keep the chin up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

!CHANTEL! it is still 20e to join WW and then the usual 10e a week after that.best of luck with it;)

ergonomics- the last time i was on WW i was stalling on the WW scales and was getting a bit pi$$ed off with the whole thing.anyway i was at the doctors one day and was getting weighed there too and i was 2kg lighter on his scales than WW in the end i said sod that im leaving ill do it on my own:rolleyes: im back now 1.5lbs from goal and when i started i was almost a stone heavier than i was the last time i was doing WW. so i guess my point is stick it out with the ww scales. i only go by that scales now even though i have my own at home i still dont rely on it.:)

Shinners13-welcome along all i can say is that without this thread and the motivation i get form it i would have jacked it in long ago!!its really inspiring to read about other peoples stories and take tips and advice from them:) dont worry qbout going back to your meeting once your weighed you will know what you need to do and then just remember that after that weigh in you will only be lighter every week from then!;)best of luck with it:)

cjdun- i read that article about hannah waterman and have to say she does look awful she has taken it way to far in my opinion. just because she is still within the healthy bmi range for her height doesnt mean she needs to be at the bottom end of it. the lowest weight for my height is 8st 12lbs i would look awful at that weight!!i think those measurements should only be used as a guide and you should only go as far as your build and body type allow.

phyco-hope-stick it out you will get there in the end. like others have said dig out an old photo of yourself when you were happy with your weight as inspiration for where you want to get to. if you have alot to lose then break it up into smaller goals.dont look at it as one whole chunk its easier to see yourself achieveing smaller goals than bigger ones!best of luck with it anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Hi all!
    Im new to this thread, but have been doing WW now for a good while, is anyone the same as me and finding it really hard after xmas to get motivated???:rolleyes: Im not doing too bad, im back to where i was now before xmas, 8.5lb down since i joined in Nov. Its very slow tho, and i dont think ill ever get to my goal weight that WW have said i should be!!! Im small in height aswell, only 5ft and maybe one inch if im having a good day!
    Had WI last night and down1.5lb, so was delighted with that as i had been up the last two, not much and i expected it after xmas. really hope that nxt week is good too, am away for the wkend so have to be extra good during the week. Sorry now for the rant! Think that one Hannah looks AWFUL aswell btw, she is going to find that weight very hard to maintain. Rite rant over, best of luck to all this wk at their WI! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

re Hannah Waterman I concurr. Being too skinny unless that's your natural weight usually doesn't suit people. Whatever happened to lovely curvy girls before heroine chic i.e. Pammy and the girls in baywatch or Cindy Crawford.
    My goal is to have a baywatch body :).

First I have to cop on though, I bought batteries for the balance board so I can get back to the yoga. It motivates me to do other exercise and promotes a healthy mind :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement