Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

So I'm just back from WW tonight and I am not impressed. Despite the Wii Fit and Biggest Loser both saying I was down exactly 2kg last night, the WW scales only registered half a pound. I know a loss is a loss, but a kilo is also a kilo so all scales should be registering the same weight. My friend said maybe it is cause I wear lighter clothes working out but last week I weighed myself at home, in my gym clothes, less than an hour after WW so that isn't the reason.

I don't think I'm going to quit yet though. I think I'm just going to change classes. In addition to the dismal weight loss, I'm annoyed with my leader as she hasn't acknowledged any of my goals, and my friends are the same; she never mentioned my 5% or 10% goal and I've never gotted a silver seven either despite earning two or three. I'm going to a new class next week and I'll see how it goes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

Hi ergonomics,

Had you had anything to eat or drink in the few hours before the meeting? Food or drink in your system will make the number on the scales higher than it would be first thing in the morning or late at night. Try not to let it get you down - half a pound is still good going! You're doing really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Does anyone know the recipe for the WW no point veg soup? Im finding some weird ones when i google, not sure if theyre right :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

ok so d whiskey didnt do as much damage as i thought down 2.5 lbs tonite woo hoo..thank god! i was hoping for 3lbs id b dwn the half stone then but i'll get it nxt wk..Its such a great feeling to be seeing results. Here's hoping i can stick to it for d week ahead now

Jellie - i usually put tomatoes,onions,celery,carrots,turnip into a big pot with chicken stock, parsely, salt and pepper and boil it up and blitz..its no points and i find that combination quiet nice.
    I tried d butternutsquash soup from ww book this wk and it was quiet nice. You chop up one butternutsquash,chop a red pepper,an onion put it in pan with some stock salt and pepper and boil til all is soft and blitz..it was v tasty i must say and zero point. Nice change from d veg soup.
    The no point soup is a gift for lunches i find..fills you up for the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

fendigal wrote: »
    ok so d whiskey didnt do as much damage as i thought down 2.5 lbs tonite woo hoo..thank god! i was hoping for 3lbs id b dwn the half stone then but i'll get it nxt wk..Its such a great feeling to be seeing results. Here's hoping i can stick to it for d week ahead now

Jellie - i usually put tomatoes,onions,celery,carrots,turnip into a big pot with chicken stock, parsely, salt and pepper and boil it up and blitz..its no points and i find that combination quiet nice.
    I tried d butternutsquash soup from ww book this wk and it was quiet nice. You chop up one butternutsquash,chop a red pepper,an onion put it in pan with some stock salt and pepper and boil til all is soft and blitz..it was v tasty i must say and zero point. Nice change from d veg soup.
    The no point soup is a gift for lunches i find..fills you up for the afternoon.

well done on the 2.5lbs, thats great :)

theres a no point veg soup recipe, possibly from the old programme, i never got the recipe cause i was never a big soup fan but lately ive been eating soup so thought maybe i should try it. have the butternut squash recipe somewhere though! :) might give that a try instead, thanks :) im not a fan of butternut squash though, my leader is always raving about it, she cooks it like chips, zero points - i tried that & they were rotten!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭girltatu

Hey everyone, well done to everyone on the losses, and good luck to all those just starting out! I weighed in tonight and was the same. I was actually happy that I hadn't put up because I just wasn't too good all week. A work colleague passed away suddenly last week and then I got sick but unfortunately, thats life and I have to learn to make better choices regardless of whats going on for me. Anyhoo heres to a better week!

Have to agree on Hannah Waterman, she's only 34 but she looks wretched!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

Hi all

Sorry to hear you are disappointed ergonomics. I only lost 0.5lbs tonight too and thought I would do better as been exercising a lot.
    You should keep going, but try and find another class as there are some really good leaders there. The classes do help you keep you focused.... I am going to really try hard this week.

Well done fendigal on your loss this week :D

I will make some of the soup as I have seen a few people on hear say they are using it and all seem to be losing weight.
    The sugar free jelly is very handy as its a quick sweet fix but its zero points..... will try that again too

Good luck everyone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

lly - our leader says she never wants to hear the words 'only' and 'lost' in the same sentence............so there :p a loss is a loss (the same way you'd be raging if you were up a half pound, you should be very proud being down a half pound) - that way I'm always the same when I 'only' 'lose' a half pound, haha!!

ergonomics - go to a new leader - a leader that doesn't give you your silver sevens is never going to help you to hit your goal - my leader is excellent and does loads of meetings (not sure where you're based but feel free to PM me re same)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lly

thanks cjdun

You are right, I would be very annoyed with a .5 gain, so duly noted......any loss is good :D

Thanks for the motivation ;)

lly wrote: »
    thanks cjdun

You are right, I would be very annoyed with a .5 gain, so duly noted......any loss is good :D

Thanks for the motivation ;)
    no worries, think of it like this - you're a half pound closer to your goal than you were last week...........:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Hi, long time lurker and 3 times a weight watcher!!! Tomorrow night is my first WI and I'm really nervous. I've been really good followed the plan and made loads of soups at the weekend (bought the Weight Watchers Irresistable mag, brill recipes) taking them for lunch every day. And I've started walking, though my new runners cut my heels this evening so it'll be a delicate walk tomorrow evening. Its inspirational reading all your stories and I hope mine ends up going as good as so many contributors here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

K I am going to point from Friday, I have my old book, just to bring protions and eating back to normal!!

Any thoughts?? Thanks Em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I can't believe Hannah Waterman is only 34! Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i joined ww two weeks ago and at my 2nd weigh in i hadnt lost anything but was delighted as i spent a long weekend in france having nutella ON croissants for breakfast and crepes AND heaps of walking everyday.... so it was good not to gain weight. I havent gained anything in MONTH!
    I usually go to the Gate ww meetings- the first lady barely spoke to us and didnt seem v friends but this week the smaller blonde lady was REALLY friendly and encouraging and much more people chatted etc.

Does anyone know if the same leader is there most weeks or what? there are dozens of classes run at this place but i'd make the effort to go to hers if i thought i'd get as much out of it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

ERGO. If your not happy, get another leader that does it for you. It's a tenner a go and that's no joke. As for the weight diff, if ur wii fit is consistent, and is on a firm surface I'd stick with the weight it's giving you. If only for the sake of ur sanity, or at least until u get a leader ur happy with. There is nothing more soul destroying than not seeing the results u know u have achieved.

I'm still threading water here, Just lost my mojo. I've taken a step back and sort of stopped pointing. Instead I'm trying to just eat right. So far I'v stopped the night time kitchen scavenge, which had slipped back in over Christmas. I've found that the less I stress over what I'm eating the less I'm eating. Gonna try the scales fri morn and see how that has worked for me, even if I maintain I'l be thrilled as the weight has piled on in the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hi all,
    I'm back and adamant to actually get to my goal this time and stay there.
    I think exercise etc is vital but I think a good class is vital. Joined new one locally and it gave me zero motivation so nothing came of it!
    I've pm'd someone on here re their class and if anyone has suggstions I'd really appreciate.
    I think there's no harm in letting people know where the good classes and leaders are as they can really just help that motivation factor which is something I really need more than anything.
    The last time it really worked for me I had a great leader and actually enjoyed the classes!
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello All,
    haven't been here in a while cos of holidays and christmas. I lost four pounds last week, I was delighted cos I hadn't stuck that rigidly to tracking. But I exercised more this week but went up 2 pounds.

I'm really fed up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Whoop whoop!

Went to WW tonight and had a one pound loss!!! :D:D:D

Am over the moon and back again! If I maintain one pound a week I will be delighted, really and truly.

My leader had a wee chat with tonight and said that I should aim for 1 pound to 1 /2 pounds a week with my size and frame and having lost so much weight. Any more she said probably wouldn't be real weight loss. Not sure if that's all true but I do know that as I near my goal getting one pound a week would be fantastic!

It would mean I'd be nearly at goal by about june! That would be really wonderful!
    Thanks again for all the support!
    I really hope I've broken through my wall now and gotten over the hump. If I can get back to a more consistent loss week I'd be sorted!

Going to keep at it now for the upcoming week. Two litres of water a day, cutting down on snacks and more exercise. I bought the little tracker book to see if that focuses me some more!

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Whoop whoop!

Am over the moon and back again! If I maintain one pound a week I will be delighted, really and truly.

My leader had a wee chat with tonight and said that I should aim for 1 pound to 1 /2 pounds a week with my size and frame and having lost so much weight. Any more she said probably wouldn't be real weight loss. Not sure if that's all true but I do know that as I near my goal getting one pound a week would be fantastic!

It would mean I'd be nearly at goal by about june! That would be really wonderful!
    I really hope I've broken through my wall now and gotten over the hump. If I can get back to a more consistent loss week I'd be sorted!

Going to keep at it now for the upcoming week. Two litres of water a day, cutting down on snacks and more exercise. I bought the little tracker book to see if that focuses me some more!

xx

YYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :D:):D:):D:)

Congrats, and happy days, its cos January is nearly over, our bodies know!!! xxx

DrWhoGirl - well done!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Pembily wrote: »
    YYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :D:):D:):D:)

Congrats, and happy days, its cos January is nearly over, our bodies know!!! xxx

Ha! Thanks Em! You're a legend! :D
    cjdun1 wrote: »
    DrWhoGirl - well done!!!!
    Thank you Cjdun! :) And congrats on your loss this week!!

Ha! Thanks Em! You're a legend! :D

Thank you Cjdun! :) And congrats on your loss this week!!

thanks mrs.................!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Whoop whoop!

xx

Am so thrilled to hear some good news, well done girl. You really deserve it.
    Mite just kick my arse into gear to start again.

Was not supposed to hit the scale till tomorrow, but took a sneek peek tonight, - 3lbs. But no bells n whistles, cause I piled on the lbs and I think the body is just re-adjusting. Gonna keep doing what I said for another week, and see if that works. I know its wrong, but when I decide to point I seem to go crazy, afraid of being deprived of what I want, but when I just eat sensibly it seems to work better. Its just a mental thing I know but can't seem to flip that switch. GOD. Where's H.G. Wells when you need him, that time machine would come in so handy now...............................:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Well done drwho, thats great to see your back in the game! Congrats, I'd say u are delighted. Every1 ere is doin so well.

I'm relatively new to this thread, after reading a few food diarys cjdun springs to mind. I read every bit of your diary in one sitting and was totally gobsmacked you have kept it up for a year and half and 7 stone later, a true inspiration! Power to u girl.

Also Jwacci your story is amazing, the pics are unreal. You look stunning.

Every single poster motivates me ere so a big congrats to every1 new or old.

I've just added a ticker, I hope its up! I've had two weigh ins, Wk1 I was -5.5lbs and Wk2 I was -2lbs so got my silver seven and I am well on my way. I really really hope I keep it up, I've done it before and really never want to do it again after I reach goal.

Onwards and downwards lads and lassies :cool:

foundry wrote: »
    Well done drwho, thats great to see your back in the game! Congrats, I'd say u are delighted. Every1 ere is doin so well.

I'm relatively new to this thread, after reading a few food diarys cjdun springs to mind. I read every bit of your diary in one sitting and was totally gobsmacked you have kept it up for a year and half and 7 stone later, a true inspiration! Power to u girl.

jaysus, I'm only blushing like..................

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Whoop whoop!

xx

congrats dwg sounds like we are all getting over the january hump this week lets keep it up:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

ok this is gonna sound a bit mental, but here goes... i started ww on 18th of jan and stuck v. well! after cutting out all evil junk food i found it hard to make it to my points allowance (23), coming in at bout average 15 points a day!! i know this is not the way to go but bear with me... at my first wi on monday just gone i had lost 9.5lbs and was thrilled but i know i shouldnt continue to have such low points so this week i started working up to bout 18. im just wondering is this the right thing to do should i just eat when im hungry or try cram in points where i can. im afraid of going up next week!!! dunno how to go about it, will only get to wi again next thurs as am away from mon to wednes!! so im anxious as to know what to do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Delighted with myself! Had the dreaded first weigh-in, and I'm down 2.5lbs. Thrilled with myself in the extreme. Its given me a good buzz and the motivation to keep going though! I'm going to try and remember this feeling for the weeks I'm not doing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi everyone!!Well done to all of you that were down, its fantastic, keep it up!
    Am now down 5 and half pounds, still have a long way to go, but love reading all about your losses because if you can do it, I can..
    Went for dinner tonight and made a pig of myself, but not going to feel guilty just gonna carry on as if it didnt happen! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

foundry wrote: »

Also Jwacci your story is amazing, the pics are unreal. You look stunning.

Is that me?

If so thanks so much!!! I'm glad people are reading!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement