Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Just flying out the door to leave the little one to school but just wanted to post about my weigh in. It was a good one, I lost.....

7.5 lbs!!!!

Which I can hardly believe :D Thought I'd lost nothing, goes to show you how clueless I am about my own body! :rolleyes: So, in total, 14.5lbs in two weeks, got my second silver seven and my wee stone :D

Started at 21st 10lb, am 20st 9.5lb now, all in two weeks :D a long way to go though but am delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Is that me?

If so thanks so much!!! I'm glad people are reading!! :D

Ha yea it's u, spelling was so close!
    Keep up the great work.

Fatewatchers thats fan bloody tastic!! Great start to the day/week!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Just flying out the door to leave the little one to school but just wanted to post about my weigh in. It was a good one, I lost.....

7.5 lbs!!!!

Which I can hardly believe :D Thought I'd lost nothing, goes to show you how clueless I am about my own body! :rolleyes: So, in total, 14.5lbs in two weeks, got my second silver seven and my wee stone :D

Started at 21st 10lb, am 20st 9.5lb now, all in two weeks :D a long way to go though but am delighted!

thats amazing!! keep up the great work and visualise how much lighter you will be by this summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ok this is gonna sound a bit mental, but here goes... i started ww on 18th of jan and stuck v. well! after cutting out all evil junk food i found it hard to make it to my points allowance (23), coming in at bout average 15 points a day!! i know this is not the way to go but bear with me... at my first wi on monday just gone i had lost 9.5lbs and was thrilled but i know i shouldnt continue to have such low points so this week i started working up to bout 18. im just wondering is this the right thing to do should i just eat when im hungry or try cram in points where i can. im afraid of going up next week!!! dunno how to go about it, will only get to wi again next thurs as am away from mon to wednes!! so im anxious as to know what to do!!

The only thing I can suggest is to ask your leader, I never had that problem but your leader can defo help!!! Congrats on the losses!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I stayed the same this week - 11st, am happy with that as have my mojo back and know that I will be able to say no to stuff :):)

Am is to be down 1lb (if not 2) next week :):)

Congrats on the losses and keep up the good work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sillybuttons

Pembily wrote: »
    The only thing I can suggest is to ask your leader, I never had that problem but your leader can defo help!!! Congrats on the losses!

thanks pembily! dont know what to be doin with myself! my older sis has done ww for years and she reckons i shouldnt be going so low with my points!! ive started adding things into my day like actimels and fruit to bulk it up so hopefully will have a loss!! i know i wont lose the 9.5 every week but i dont want to get stuck on my weight either!!! sorry for whinging just a bit clueless!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo25

Finally joined back to WW last night, so i'm in that enthusiastic new stage!!! Your all doing brilliantly, prob wouldn't have rejoined if i hadn't of read how ell your all doing!! can't wait for first weigh next week, just hope the weekend doesn't kill me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I stayed the same this week - 11st, am happy with that as have my mojo back and know that I will be able to say no to stuff :):)

Fair play Pembily! We'll be hoping for the same loss next week!

It's great when you know you have the will to say no isn't it? You feel so powerful!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Weighed in today after rejoinging months on.
    11st2ibs...not as bad as I thought but given I was at 10 last year adn nearly at goal it is sickening.
    Hoping for two or 3 next week to say byebye to elevensis!

Well doing to everyone on those losses, wow you are all doing great!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi guys

Went back to WW last week and was up 1.5lbs, very dissappointed cos I had been pretty good.

This week I tracked everything (well almost everything) and I was down 4.5lbs this week - couldnt believe it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MrsG

Hi there, I'm a new poster & would love to start here!

I rejoined WW this yr (again); I was doing well last yr until some health issues in late of '09 put me on the downward spiral but I'm refocused & really feel this is my yr to do it.

I started on Jan 6th at 14st 7lbs; currenly 9lbs down weighing in at 13st 12lbs.

I'd love to be 1stone off by Feb 17th & all going well I could lose 5lbs by then.

Ultimate goal to be 10st by Christmas of this yr. :)

Congrats on all the losses!!!

I can feel today is going to be a hard one!
    You know those days when you wake up, ready to eat everything in sight!!!
    And I'm going out tonight so I want to save about 6 points for later for drink! ;)

Any ideas for a low point lunch and low point dinner? I've used 1 1/2 already for a small breakfast!
    Thanks all! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 !CHANTEL!

For lunch you could have 1 or 2 tesco crumpets (only 1 point each) with a poached egg or a rasher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

Congrats on all the losses!!!

I can feel today is going to be a hard one!
    You know those days when you wake up, ready to eat everything in sight!!!
    And I'm going out tonight so I want to save about 6 points for later for drink! ;)

Any ideas for a low point lunch and low point dinner? I've used 1 1/2 already for a small breakfast!
    Thanks all! x

Vegetable stir fry? Half a packet of M&S fresh egg noodles is 165 kcal (I think 2.5 points), bulk it up with loads of vegetables, throw in some meat and soy sauce and ginger and chilli and you'll be stuffed for about 5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Are you guys all doing the 'discover plan'? I did the points plan a few years ago - is the discover plan the same?

I'm thinking of doing it from home - I don't find the leader in my area very motivating. I've been trying to diet myself by limiting my calories recently but I'm going wrong somewhere as I'm not really losing weight which is kind of disheartening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭harvardgal2

Yeah the Discover plan is same as points. Just a new name for it! Its like core and points mixed together. So if you have a points finder to work out points of your food, your sorted. Do you know how many points your allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Well done Pem, Great news.

Can feel the good vibes this end.:D:D:D

Yeah the Discover plan is same as points. Just a new name for it! Its like core and points mixed together. So if you have a points finder to work out points of your food, your sorted. Do you know how many points your allowed?

Hello there, thanks for your reply. Pretty sure I have a points finder etc around somewhere. I think I'm allowed 18 points ?

The number of points your allowed depends on age, weight etc. Here is a quick summary of how to work it out,
    Male 9, Female 3, Age 16-20 5, 21-35 4, 36-50 3, 51-65 2, Over 65 1, How many stone you weigh e.g 10 stone =10 points (Ignore the pounds), Height Under 5'4 = 1, Over = 2, And lastly in your day to day life are you mostly sitting= 0 points, sometimes sitting but mainly standin=2, Walking most of time= 4, Physically hard work= 6.. So add them up based on what categories you fit in and then you have your points. If you drop down into next weight category you loose a point etc etc.

Best of luck with it :)

Thanks Harvardgal2 that was really helpful. It is 18 points. Doesn't seem like much! Just have to be organised I guess

• Advertisement

No worries, littlefriend, we're here to help :) 18 is actually loads of points when you fill up on zero points foods, be organised as you say, and track what you eat. Vegetables, No point soups, sugar free jelly made with half water, half diet 7up is a great sweet treat!, Egg whites (boil an egg, eat only the white-no points! Fruit is low also. You'll get used to 18 in no time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

Hi well never made it to WW last wednesday or thursday work was absolutely mental so i am going to go on Monday night instead. It probably worked out for the best anyways cos it was my mams birthday on Friday and we got takeaway and had cake and all so it was for the best i would not have been happy if i was up on my first week back!!!
    Well done to all the losers this week though i need to try to get on more than i do for a chat and to keep up with you all!!
    xx xx xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shinners13

OH MY GOD!!! Well done you!! A stone in 2 weeks!!! That is amazing! Keep up the good work! xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MrsG

Well yesterday was a good day food wise, but never got started on exercise. I was cleaning for hrs at home & then out with dd but plan on a nice brisk walk later on - just have to tackle the ironing first - any bonus pts in ironing for 2hrs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

For anyone with an iphone/itouch i found a great app, its called iWatchr. it doesnt actually say weight watchers anywhere on it, probably copyright reasons, but it has both a US and European points calculator, you can create a list of favourite foods and their points, and you can track your day too. it breaks it up into breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks, and you can add things from your favourites into your daily tracker & it adds them up for you. i only downloaded it yesterday but im finding it great. think it was 79cent but when you consider a WW calculator is 10euro its worth 79 cent

im not 100% sure the points calculations are correct - theyve been the same as my ww calculator everytime so far but it might not be exact. its still great for tracking though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Just started today! Not too bad so far lol. I've done Atkins for about half a year back in the day, so its nice to be doing something less extreme. I also I love how easy it is for Vegetarians - Quorn is like nothing!:D
    I'm looking to lose at least 90 pounds, I'm best man at a wedding in August...hopefully I'll get somewhere near that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

hey all
    sorry i have not been on lately. well done to all on their loses and chin up for those who went up or remained the same.

I am still doing ok but i have a feeling tommorow I will be up. At WI last week it brought me to a total of 7lbs loss in 3 weeks. tommorow is 4th Weigh In like.I lost 3lbs then 2lbs then 2lbs.I have been stick to my points most of the time, just last night I ate late and ate snacky food rather than a meal - maltesers, a ww desert and velevt crunch during a dvd.

Ok enough moaning, here are some helpful little tips on foods that fill bu are low.

Findus Crispy Pancakes (Chicken, Ham and sweetcorn ones) - 1.5 (i was quite shocked as these appear to be quite processed)

I bought crab cakes which are working out at 1 point (they are small mind u)

WW frankfurters are 2 points for 2 of them which is my lunch tommorow probably (with ww bread and onion+ketchup)

Snack o jacks multi pack are 1 point

Aldi do cod plain fillets (fishmonger)which are 1,5 - great with baby spinach and some tomatoes grilled - or sprayed with low cal pray and oven cooked.

yes jellie i have been using iwatchr a while now. find it good cos i always have phone to hand so nothing goes astray. just downloaded an updated version today. no differnece just where settings are stored. some things dont match. if anything iwatchr makes the points more than ww do i have found so at least it not other way round.

Is rhubarb completley out of season does anyone know? can't seem to get it anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

RHUBARB

It is out of season, but I have seen tins of it (ASDA) and it was also in the freezer section of a supervalue, think it was tubberycury.
    Have to say some very interesting foods you listed out. If I had a Pancake I would feel I was being a little naughty !!!!!!!!!!! lol Might just get some for those times when you feel you need to be a wee bit bad.

I'm maintaining at the mo. And that's what I'm aiming for. No gain and .5lbs down.
    I echo what Irish said, well done to all regardless and welcome to all new posters.

Good luck to all for the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

have a weigh in tomorrow morning after work! its SOOOOOO hard to be good at work.
    i think i've lost about 2lbs- tomorrow will tell- eeeks!

• Advertisement

Scales are giving me nothing at the moment. Still hovering around the bloody 12 stone! :( :P

But, I'm being a weightwatchers angel, and I hope it pays off! I've been in points. Went out on Saturday and pointed all my drink (which was a lot) and still managed to be in points.

I joined my local gym and I'm loving it! I've been in 3 days in a row really pushing hard at the cardio and some weights!

I really hope the effort pays off now! Or I will really have to chop a leg off Thursday afternoon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement