Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euphony

Options
  • 30-10-2008 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

I've switched my broadband to NTL but need to keep my landline for my monitored alarm.

Using the comreg callcost site, it came back with Euphony as the cheapest and going to their website, they offer line rental and all calls local+national+uk+some free minutes internationally for €32. Seems alright. Anyone got any opinions on them?

Also, I assume they use eircoms landline. don't they?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

they're a carrier pre-select operator, like most of the telephony providers in Ireland.

The only companies who will switch your line are Smart Telecom, BT Ireland (in some areas if you've broadband only) and Magnet.

They mainly switch you over to their equipment if you're taking their broadband products only.

I've found while Smart have FANTASTIC broadband, their voice telephone exchanges aren't as smooth as eircom by a long shot. Delays before calls go through, no voicemail, no officially available call management services.. although call waiting does work, it doesn't work properly etc etc.

Advertisement