Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stadium announcement

Options
  • 30-10-2008 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/tottenhamhotspurconfirmsnorthumberlanddevelopmentproject.html

• A world-class scheme incorporating a new stadium with a capacity of 60,000, a Club museum, new shops, new homes, a new base for the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation and important new public space
    • Delivered on the current site and adjacent land, ending concerns about a move out of the Borough
    • No need for a temporary move during construction

• Significant local benefits and a huge boost to the area
    • Potential catalyst for wider regeneration and further investment
    • First public exhibition to open from 14 November - 18 November

It's not built yet, but it's a start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

have heard alot about this new stadium plans and am delighted it is to remain in the same area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

I just hope they try and incorporate some of WHL's features into the new stadium in order to prevent it looking like all the other new stadia all over the world.

But yes, having a 60k seater stadium is the right move.

Also, since it will be based right next to the current ground, it won't feel like "moving away" so to speak.

What will become of the old ground though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

rocky25 wrote: »
    I just hope they try and incorporate some of WHL's features into the new stadium in order to prevent it looking like all the other new stadia all over the world.

But yes, having a 70k seater stadium is the right move.

Also, since it will be based right next to the current ground, it won't feel like "moving away" so to speak.

What will become of the old ground though?

I think it is like 200 yards to the north so they will just kind of extend, or morph into it, won't be like moving, more like extending! Oh and it is 60k not 70k
    PS, I believe the lead Project Manger on the Arse stadium is also going to be PM on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Overall I think the plan sounds good.

The only shame is that the stadium will be named after a sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Overall I think the plan sounds good.

The only shame is that the stadium will be named after a sponsor.
    Great news about the stadium, but whatever they call it it will always be THE LANE...:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

This black and orange screen is weird :confused: I thought there was something wrong with my PC for a min.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

tippspur wrote: »
    This black and orange screen is weird :confused: I thought there was something wrong with my PC for a min.. :)

Thought Ronan had defected to Hull

Advertisement