Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone app and gaming question

• 30-10-2008 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi,

If this thread is in wrong place please move...

I downloaded "mame4iphone" last night and I'm just really not sure what it does??

Could anybody help me here and explain what it does...Also downloaded pocket touch and don't know what that does either....I just download anything!!

Thanks Lads!!:D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

rvd156 wrote: »
    Hi,

I downloaded "mame4iphone" last night and I'm just really not sure what it does??

Could anybody help me here and explain what it does...Also downloaded pocket touch and don't know what that does either....I just download anything!!

Thanks Lads!!:D

I've no idea what these apps do, but I'd ask you a related question: would you download something to your PC if you'd no idea what it does? I doubt it. Why therefore would you do the same to your iphone? What if they're apps that are designed to clear the memory of a corrupt phone? You could be storing up trouble for yourself. I'd be a bit more selective about your downloading if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

TrueDub wrote: »
    I've no idea what these apps do, but I'd ask you a related question: would you download something to your PC if you'd no idea what it does? I doubt it. Why therefore would you do the same to your iphone? What if they're apps that are designed to clear the memory of a corrupt phone? You could be storing up trouble for yourself. I'd be a bit more selective about your downloading if I were you.

Listen I read the description of them and I have a fair idea i'm just asking people who have the apps themselves to see what else you can do with them...

You don't have the apps so thanks for the advice but it's not what I'm looking for. :rolleyes:

By the way I know I said I download anything but if it seems dodgey I stay well away...I'm not totally stupid!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

rvd156 wrote: »
    Hi,

It sounds like Multi Arcade Machine Emulator.

Damn you. I didn't know that was available. There goes my free time.

Oh, and it is an emulator for old Arcade machines. Asking where to find games for it is not allowed on Boards.ie due to it being a grey legal area.

Google is your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    It sounds like Multi Arcade Machine Emulator.

Damn you. I didn't know that was available. There goes my free time.

Oh, and it is an emulator for old Arcade machines. Asking where to find games for it is not allowed on Boards.ie due to it being a grey legal area.

Google is your friend.

Yeah dude I got it on Cydia!!

Thanks for the help...

I'll google like mad so....

Thanks for a proper answer!!:D

Advertisement