Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having Central heating installed

Options
  • 30-10-2008 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was considering getting some kind of radiators installed in my house. We use solid fuel at the moment. There is a stove in the Kitchen and a fireplace in the living room which heats a water tank. I was just wondering is it possible to add radiators to this system for the bedrooms upstairs? How much would it cost? Even just getting in an oil tank and having radiators throughout the house, how much does this usually cost?

I dont live in an Bord Gais area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

is the water tank upstairs
    if so then it would be possible to install radiators upstairs and have them gravity fed simplest option if you are doing the work yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

No unfortunately the radiator is down stairs beside the Fireplace. I am just sick of having cold bedrooms upstairs. What companies install central heating systems? Oil would prob be the way to go. Id only want it for Winter months, The house is surprisingly warm most of the year. Sorry i know im not being very specific as to what i want.

Basically id like a radiator in the upstairs bedroom and bathroom that could be partially heated by the Fireplace boiler and during winter by the Oil boiler in the back yard.

How many radiators in total how big is the stove how big is the house
    If the total number of radiators is four then the stove should manage it
    I don’t know if you can get an oil boiler that small

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

How much is the average cost of getting a boiler installed with five Radiators? Is it just any random plumber i should contact to get it sorted?

Get three quoits from plumbers

• Advertisement
Advertisement