Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company - Liquidation

Options
  • 30-10-2008 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hey,

I was wondering if you have purchased goods from a company (€2,500) on your credit card and the company goes into liquidation. Are you covered for a charge back on your credit card or have you effectively lost the money???

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Contact your bank immediately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I'd say you're OK but like jor el said get on to your bank. I've had to do a couple of chargebacks for non receipt of goods before and they were pretty good.

http://www.visaeurope.com/merchant/operationsandsecurity/rulesandregulations/chargebacks.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

But if the liquidator/receiver has frozen all of the accounts, surely there won't be any available funds on which to reverse the transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Only if the company had actually received payment from the credit card company, which it probably hadn't yet. Also, credit card purchases contain a certain amount of insurance too, so even if payment had been sent, you may still be covered. But I'd get onto the bank right now, any delay will increase the chance of loss.

Advertisement