Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercury Rev Sold Out in EA

• 30-10-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I see they are playing Electric Avenue tonight but all tickets sold out, any chance of getting one on the door I wonder

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

No chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sold out means they are all gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Waynecarr

Thanks for clearing that up Mossy, lost without your insight

However occasionally venues sell a few tickets on the night even though sold out(meaing all gone for those not paying attention) has been announced and I was wondering if this may the case here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I was discussing the gig with the venue owner and he said it's a complete sell out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Im going to double check, but afaik no tickets are allowed be sold/traded on Boards.ie or Adverts.ie. Its a sidewide rule, out of my control. Sorry about that folks.

Topic Cleaned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Wasn't aware of that, sorry.

SSE

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wasn't aware of that, sorry.

SSE

Yup, probably not one of the widely known things. Its a result of legal complications according to the site Wiki... but I seem to recall there was one forum where some tickets were allowed be traded.. I think. Waiting to hear back from Smods/Admins :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

It says "suspended" on adverts.ie with a link to toutless.ie.

They've gone to a good home anyway, should be a good concert tonight.

SSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

ye must have been on the dry to be up that early the morning after !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Waynecarr

Managed to pick up a ticket in Geoffs from a mate. Thank god I did. Some gig. The old stuff was super but some of the new stuff for a first listen was staggering. As someone stated the energy of the band was incredible. A very good night

• Advertisement
Advertisement