Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help pronto! Any advise appreciated!

Options
  • 06-11-2008 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

[Victor]See post 3 for more readable version.[/Victor]

APOLIGIES FOR LACK OF SPACES AND FORMAT AND FOR SOME REASON THIS IS ONLY FORMAT IT WILL ALLOW ME TO USE,Hello all,just wondering can anyone help me???Im at the end of my teather,Im renting a one bed apartment with my heavily pregnant girlfriend,its a nice cozy little place that we're using until we have a house,we have a one year lease with a landlord,it all gravy,lovely area,quiet,amenities close by etc etc,But we are having a nightmare with the people who live over us,since about the end of july,there has been nothing but noise from them,and its not some little thuds and bumps,we're talking full on bangs and screeches,Basically from 8'O Clock at night to sometimes as late as 1am in the morning,there is the sound of lound thumps on a wooden floor,banging,furniture being moved around causing loud screeches,drills,rumbling and I could go on,myself and my girlfriend are up at 6am for work,and we are kept awake and irritated immensely by it,When we first noticed the noise,they were we going in and out of the apartment block,carrying furniture,cabinets,tools etc,I went out and told them the noise wasnt on,my girlfriend is pregnant,keep it down,as polite as could be,I got the reply,'sorry bud,we'll keep it down'',But they didnt and it continued,so I contacted my landlord and he told me the management company would send them a letter saying there was a complaint about noise and it should stop,But alas.the noise continued and we started waking up later in the morning and suffering fatigue through the day,I went up to them and complained but I realised I was dealing with one for a better word 'Gobsh*tes',excuse my french and it nearly resulted in an angry exchange,so I decided this wasnt best root to solve the problemAs the noise got worse,I called the landlord again,and he said he'd sort it out,he contacted the management company who contacted the neighbours,the landlord got back to us,told us that the management company had told hime they had spoke to the owners(who live there),and they were sorry about the noise and they would desist in doing any more work after 8'o clock,We were satisfied and thought it was all sorted but we were wrong,the noise got worse and later,so we decided to bypass the landlord and go to the management company direct,they told us they would give them verbal warning,but since they were the owners there was very little they could do,but I was also told that they had put down wooden floors and that was illegal because it was a 2-storey apartemnt block and because of the structure of the building,and that they would have to remove it or they would be hit with legal action,One night the noise was so bad at 11pm on a Wednesday,my girlfriend called gaurds,they arrived and we told them situation,they went up and when came back down told us they had giving them warning but very little else they can they and to contact the landlordContacted landlord again,he went up himself,but he tells us his hands are tied because they are the owners and we just rent,and its all in hands of management company,I really dont know what to do,Id love to just pack up my stuff and but my girls 8 months and dosent want lose the 1000 deposit that we really need,Im think about going to a solicitor,and taking legal action agianst the neighbours and the management company for doing nothing,has anybody any advice?</p>
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement