Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Coal

Options
  • 30-10-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

Living in D8, where would I buy a bag of coal in Dublin, anyone know of anywhere. I'm guessing a garage somewhere but it has to be smokeless coal now as far as I know due to smog and that legislation brought in a few years back?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Garages cost an arm and a leg for a small bag.Either drive to a coal merchant or ring one and get them to deliver,its much better value.
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/category_Coal%20Merchants_Ireland-7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

There's a large fuel merchant on the right hand side of Upper Clanbrassil Street just before you cross the bridge over the canal, they might have what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

thats great, thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

faigs wrote: »
    There's a large fuel merchant on the right hand side of Upper Clanbrassil Street just before you cross the bridge over the canal, they might have what you need.

Gordons Fuels is the name of the place.

They sell a variety of smokeless coal as well as logs, briquettes, turf, etc.

The coal comes in 40kg bags for around €17 and if you buy a decent bit they'll usually knock a couple more € off the total. It works out cheaper than buying from small shops/petrol stations.

Advertisement