Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident involving Garda car last night on Clanbrassil Street

Options
  • 30-10-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

I was drifting into a nice sleep at 1:30 this morning wneh I heard a Garda siren speeding up the street (Lower Clanbrassil Street), which is not unusual, but what followed was a rather loud smash. I jumped up to look out the window and there was a car up on the footpath outside the small Mace shop facing Patrick Street end and an unmarked patrol car looked like it had ploughed into it from the side. It was dark and a bit away so I couldnt quite make it out.

The car's siren was going but no lights and there was no movement for about 30 seconds and then the blue flashers came on. What followed was about 5 marked squad cars, 3 unmarked and a Garda Van which all surrounded the incident.

Two amulances and a fire brigade then came and I went back to bed, I thought I caould hear the firemen cutting into a car - they were there for a while. I think the whole street was closed off then, there was no sound of traffic for at least an hour after I went back to bed.

Did anyone else hear anything or know what happened? All was clear when I got up this morning!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Heard aload of sirens last night myself, but I'm about 5 minutes from where this happened so didn't see anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

jesus clanbrassil street is becoming rather dodgy.This is the 3/4th incident involving cars that i've heard about in the last year on that street

Outside Kate McCauleys pub tonight about 10 lads trying to kick the door down about 11.30pm, then 1 lad came running out and starting hitting the 10 of them, then I rang 999.:cool: Clanbrassil St is really becoming dangerous nowadays, it used to be just up around New Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Some pud on that Kate McCauley alright....

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Outside Kate McCauleys pub tonight about 10 lads trying to kick the door down about 11.30pm, then 1 lad came running out and starting hitting the 10 of them, then I rang 999.:cool: Clanbrassil St is really becoming dangerous nowadays, it used to be just up around New Street.

Ah you're <SNIP>. Let them fight:D

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ah you're <SNIP>. Let them fight:D

Well considering your man ended up on the deck with 10 lads and a woman hitting him, the Guards arrived just as I got throught so i wasn't the first to ring.

Advertisement