Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guideline on how much to sell 360 for..

• 30-10-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a PS3 this morning.. and may sell my XBox 360, but I have no idea how much to sell it for (mainly because of equipment like drums, guitar in Rock Band and Guitar Hero etc).

Basically have a 20GB Premium 360 model that's a year old (so just out of warranty) and have had no RROD on it. And the following games:

Condemned
    Def Jam: Icon
    Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
    Dead Rising
    Forza Motorsport 2
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
    Tenchu Z
    Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
    Perfect Dark Zero Limited Collector's Edition
    Halo 3
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Viva Pinata
    Table Tennis
    Skate
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Guitar Hero 2
    Guitar Hero 3 (and guitar)
    Rock Band (and drums)
    Scene It

All in very good or great condition.. in fact, some are still wrapped! :D And have 8 - 10 games Arcade games on HDD. Also have 2 controllers and a HD VGA cable.

Really have no idea how much to sell it for.. so any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Unless you have a decent spec PC for running games I'd hold onto the 360 so that you can play games that don't come out on PS3. Just my 2 cents though.

Also, with 360s so cheap at the moment you won't get a great price (read worthwhile price) for it. If you want to get some cash you'd probably get more sellling Guitar Hero 2, Guitar Hero 3 (and guitar), Rock Band (and drums) & Scene It than you would for the 360 and the other games combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for that savemejebus.. not sure what to do yet.

Really don't need the 2 consoles.. but if I can't get a worthwhile price for the 360, I probably won't bother alright.

There is also the possibility that you'll hate the PS3 as a console and only use it as a blu-ray player:eek:

There is also the possibility that you'll hate the PS3 as a console and only use it as a blu-ray player:eek:
    That's true..

To be honest, I only really bought it for it's Blu-Ray capabilities. I mean you'd be hard pushed to find a Blu-Ray player for €299 (which is what I paid for the PS3).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

alot of the games are old enough, I'd ask for €450-€500

• Advertisement

Cheers man.

I'll consider it but to be honest, I'll have to find someone locally to buy it if I do sell it cos I'm not packaging up drums and guitars to send off around the country! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

alot of the games are old enough, I'd ask for €450-€500

Massively optimistic price there. The new 60GB SKU is 240euro as is so there's no way he's getting near that with the older model, which everyone seems to think is a ticking time bomb of RROD. I just offered (again) my 20GB Xbox for 100 euro to a friend and I doubt he'll take it, the cheap fecker. As said above, most of the games are old enough and the only thing that may catch peoples attention are Guitar hero games and you'd be doing seriously well to sell them all for 350euro plus.

If it were me, I'd hold on to the 360 and use it as my main gaming system and the PS3 for it's exclusives and Blu-ray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

If it were me, I'd hold on to the 360 and use it as my main gaming system and the PS3 for it's exclusives and Blu-ray.

+1 for that

I used to own a PS3 and apart from two games i literally never used it (apart from Blu-ray of course)

Imo, you would regret selling the 360, sell the games you are bored with, fair enough, but rememeber the majority of games that are multi-platform always tend to perform better on the 360. In addition, the 360 has more exclusive titles coming out than the PS3. Just my two cents!

Sound lads.. will probably hold onto the 360 after all so.

Just need to clear some space for it.. need to buy a big ol' DVD shelf as I have a couple of large boxsets (X Files, House, Futurama, Seinfeld) taking the entire bottom level of my TV stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, I say keep the 360. As a games platform, its fantastic. I've had mine over a year now, and since I got it -

- I sold my Freecom Media player (streaming on the 360 is almost flawless)
    - I sold my Wii (not enough good titles coming out to justify keeping it - I was playing the 360 more)
    - The games on the 360 are excellent, and we're smack back in the middle of a bumper game period right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

If you're a serious gamer keep the two of them.

There are some seriously sexy exclusive games coming out for both in the coming weeks so you don't want to lose out!

Mr E wrote: »
    Yep, I say keep the 360. As a games platform, its fantastic. I've had mine over a year now, and since I got it -

- I sold my Freecom Media player (streaming on the 360 is almost flawless)
    - I sold my Wii (not enough good titles coming out to justify keeping it - I was playing the 360 more)
    - The games on the 360 are excellent, and we're smack back in the middle of a bumper game period right now.
    Yeah, find the 360 great for streaming.. bar any pre DivX 4 videos.

Sold my Wii last year for the exact same reason.
    smooch71 wrote: »
    If you're a serious gamer keep the two of them.

There are some seriously sexy exclusive games coming out for both in the coming weeks so you don't want to lose out!
    That's true... I keep hearing more and more about LittleBigPlanet. And even though reading about it on Wikipedia, I cannot fathom what it's actually about! :D

Still, can't disagree with the Metacritic rating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

basquille wrote: »
    That's true... I keep hearing more and more about LittleBigPlanet. And even though reading about it on Wikipedia, I cannot fathom what it's actually about! :D

LBA is the sole reason (edit Blu-ray as well) I spent ten minutes carrying round the PS3 box around Tesco this morning, like you, I've no idea what exactly it is. It looks stunning though. Besides that, there's no other game on the PS3 i'm interested in and the Xbox outperforms the PS3 on cross platform games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

basquille wrote: »
    Yeah, find the 360 great for streaming.. bar any pre DivX 4 videos.

Sold my Wii last year for the exact same reason.

Still, can't disagree with the Metacritic rating

Same as that, hearing great things but not sure what you do in it!

I was thinking more of Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Resistance 2, Killzone 2. Anything with a "2" in the title basically!

Besides that, there's no other game on the PS3 i'm interested in and the Xbox outperforms the PS3 on cross platform games.

The ps3 actually has a nice selection of games now- check out uncharted, ratchet and clank, resistance, all around the €20 mark on Play - and as the PS3 becomes the lead development platform for games the cross platform games are finally on a par (or in the case of burnout paradise) outpacing the 360.

BTW PC world and currys are selling off some PS3 games for under a tenner at the minute.

uncharted, ratchet and clank, resistance

Uncharted: brilliant
    Ratchet & Clank: very good
    Resistance: absolute drivel! bored me to tears.

Resistance: absolute drivel! bored me to tears.

kindof like the halo series for me then :)

edit: basquille, I didn't see crackdown on your games list for the 360. If you haven't played it you shouldn't sell the 360, fantastically fun game

I played through Halo 3, didn't really enjoy that too much either.... Call Of Duty 4 & Rainbow Six Vegas are far better imo...

Agreed, Rainbow Six Vegas is fantastic. In single player it's better than COD4 imo. but we're getting off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

edit: basquille, I didn't see crackdown on your games list for the 360. If you haven't played it you shouldn't sell the 360, fantastically fun game
    I agree! Halo is boring, and Crackdown is excellent (and only about €20 in most places now).

• Advertisement

I agree! Halo is boring, and Crackdown is excellent (and only about €20 in most places now).
    Also agree.. Crackdown is one of my favourite games for the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Would be interested in the VGA cable and Table Tennis if you split!;)

Advertisement